Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

You'd think a company who specializes in web hosting and server farms would be able to put together a better product than this poo poo show. 2000 player caps on servers, no concurrent layering to get more people in, absurdly long que times on practically every server, what a giant cluster gently caress.

Also, whoever decided to make names global while also having staggered release times is a giant moron. Having to log into EU in the middle of the night to try and get a name reserved is such a stupid concept.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

Frustrated posted:

You'd think a company who specializes in web hosting and server farms would be able to put together a better product than this poo poo show. 2000 player caps on servers, no concurrent layering to get more people in, absurdly long que times on practically every server, what a giant cluster gently caress.

Also, whoever decided to make names global while also having staggered release times is a giant moron. Having to log into EU in the middle of the night to try and get a name reserved is such a stupid concept.

What, names are global? LOL

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Frustrated posted:

It's honestly like a 2006 MMO all over again. Every design decision of this game is just so hilariously archaic and stupid.

Hughmoris posted:

What, names are global? LOL

Yup lol

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.
Got my name, now just sitting through a queue. Oh how I miss the age-old dance of day one MMOs.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Frustrated posted:

Hope you didn't do that, since they said the name would still be reserved a bit after deletion

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
Gotta have hours long queues to run out everyone’s window to submit returns

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

can you change your appearance anywhere after creation in world?

i bet the answer is no!

edit: lol

Deviant fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Sep 28, 2021

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
They will add that I'm sure, to the shop....

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

They absolutely need to be doing random logouts with queue's this big.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Zotix posted:

They absolutely need to be doing random logouts with queue's this big.

Lol yeah right. This game was designed by an intern who loves MMOs from the early 2000s.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

yeah lol i'm refunding this poo poo

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I decided to close the game, will come back later. I want to play on launch day, but this isn't worth it, I have too many other things to do with my time.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

El Dorado queue is 14,000+ Lol.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Queue World

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

lol this is such a shitshow

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

CLAM DOWN posted:

Lol yeah right. This game was designed by an intern who loves MMOs from the early 2000s.

I for one, am loving this classic style launch, consider it one last experience of the great age of MMOs.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Yo whichever goon is swiping guild names, like ours, you're a genuinely bad person.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
The sever queues are actually a cunning plan by master businessman Jeff Bezos. By making everyone wait more than two hours to log in to the servers, it will impossible to refund the game on Steam before you've actually played it.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wvlCSTOQNk

MMO launch days never change.

Cutedge
Mar 13, 2006

How can we lose so much more than we had before

CLAM DOWN posted:

Yo whichever goon is swiping guild names, like ours, you're a genuinely bad person.

:emptyquote:

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:
I want to believe the queues are artificially increased as a marketing stunt.

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Okay, that's true. Good point, Marquess. Point for you. But you get a point taken away for being a dick. So, back to zero.

GET INTO DA CHOPPA posted:

I want to believe the queues are artificially increased as a marketing stunt.

Place in queue: 388

:(

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

place in queue:

Fuck Man
Jul 5, 2004

700k concurrent players :eyepop:

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

gently caress Man posted:

700k concurrent players :eyepop:

500k of them in queue.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

I'm idling in game to have a hope in hell of playing this after work. Yes, I realize I'm part of the problem. No, I don't give a poo poo.

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004
ONCE YOU POP THE FUN DONT STOP
I kept getting less and less excited about this game because nothing changed from the betas and now this is the slowest queue I've ever been in. Wild poo poo when you're owned by the data center.

Discospawn
Mar 3, 2007

Yeah, I'm surprised at how high the initial Steam metrics are. That's a lot more pre-sales than I would have imagined Amazon Game Studios generating based on their track record.

The Steam reviews are already highly negative though, with a 50% recommended rating (which is continuing to drop).

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Discospawn posted:

The Steam reviews are already highly negative though, with a 50% recommended rating (which is continuing to drop).

That's because it's a bad game. But, any MMO at launch is fun due to the total chaos and dumpster fire.

Cutedge
Mar 13, 2006

CLAM DOWN posted:

I'm idling in game to have a hope in hell of playing this after work. Yes, I realize I'm part of the problem. No, I don't give a poo poo.

Lol you can do this? :psyduck:

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Cutedge posted:

Lol you can do this? :psyduck:

Yes, you can.

I noticed a bunch of people doing it earlier today.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Number of servers: 264 (per counting them on the official website, all regions)

Player limit per server: 2,000

New World's global maximum population: 528,000

lol

e: fixed typo

Meme Poker Party fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Sep 28, 2021

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

I assume they’re keeping sever caps low because they don’t want to flood the newbie zones even more than they already are. Kind of begs the question why they don’t have a solution for that though like throwing people into different instances.

But really day 1-3 server issues are kind of whatever to me. It’ll be sorted out soon and I’ll get to playing then. In the meantime it’s just funny.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

5% of the "beta" participation, when getting into that event pretty much required a pre-order. Makes sense.

Cutedge
Mar 13, 2006

Meme Poker Party posted:

New World's global maximum population: 52,800

lol

uh, isn't that missing a zero?

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Meme Poker Party posted:

New World's global maximum population: 52,800

lol

some of those streamers could crush a server if only a fraction of their followers join them

lol

lmbo

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Cutedge posted:

uh, isn't that missing a zero?

Sorry yes. But with the million+ trying to log in, there is space for probably less than half. Can't wait to see the weekend lol.

Cutedge
Mar 13, 2006

It's mid day in the US so yeah it will be interesting to see what their numbers hit come 6pm tonight. Especially if everyone is idling to not have to sit in queues. I'm sure someone is going to be scrambling to implement that today.

This is where you do "We are bringing the server down for unexpected maintenance in 1 hour, we do not expect the downtime to be more than 5 minutes" and then you just bounce the server. It's just pretty funny that they didn't think to put in idle kick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discospawn
Mar 3, 2007

I guess it makes sense that the review score continues to drop if nobody can play the game (since people who would enjoy the game can't even discover that yet), but this will clearly create a negative feedback loop where the game becomes the new Fallout 76 or Anthem.