Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

I think it's adderrall in the water supply.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facehammer
Mar 11, 2008

Palladium posted:

Beijing Syndrome

Cmon, Wuhan Syndrome was right there.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Goons are Havana lot of trouble picking up on sarcasm or facetiousness lately.

Corky Romanovsky posted:

that's listed as a symptom

11:43 am Moscow time.

Nyet today Putin!

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Venomous posted:

https://twitter.com/AJEnglish/status/1442402720510586881?s=19

ngl, if this is real it actually sucks poo poo

that said, seeing as this isn't from a Chinese source, I am very much taking this with a grain of salt, but be prepared for folks to attack China based on their reported restrictions on abortion in the coming days

inaccurate reporting, as per usual

e: someone beat me to it but whatever, still keeping the link!

https://twitter.com/ChinaLawTransl8/status/1442551422550044681?s=20

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
china trying to reduce abortion rate by educating people about contraceptives: bad

usa trying to reduce abortion rate via mass incarceration: good

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

ah yes, the finnish connection... the power conversion connection in finland is part of an international network of powerful centers, all transferring power between each other, in secret and unseen along innociuously appearing cables, in response to any attempts by the despi-cable birds of the revolutionary dawn to disrupt the true sources of power for our masters.

and all of it running through these converters, purported by these perfidious finns to be constructed by true aryan workers in the pure lands of the reich, are in truth the producta of a worldwide communist conspiracy controlled by BIRDS to seaize and concentrate all productive capital into bird hands

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Iran nuclear plants got hacked by Chinese spy virus, Iran turned around a sign 400-billion 25-year deal with China.

Either all Persians are idiots, or you are the loving idiot?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
it's projection, because that's literally how usa does business lol

runaway pancake
Dec 13, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Gravy Boat 2k

mawarannahr posted:

I am speaking in jest, dear friends.

im sorry its hard to keep track of the libs in the CHYNA thread. i should start a spreadsheet

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

lol what a silly man

Dragons, Tigers, Pearls, and Yellowcake: 4 Stuxnet Targeting Scenarios

https://www.forbes.com/sites/firewall/2010/11/22/dragons-tigers-pearls-and-yellowcake-4-stuxnet-targeting-scenarios/

quote:

… I’ve written a white paper ”Dragons, Tigers, Pearls, and Yellowcake: 4 Stuxnet Targeting Scenarios“, in which I describe four possible Stuxnet scenarios by examining the relationships that connect the “victim” states – a kind of cyber victomology. The title comes, in part, from the traditional animal symbolism of China and India – the dragon and the tiger.

The four scenarios are:

Rare-Earth Metals Producing States
Uranium-Producing States
Corporate Sabotage To Discredit Siemens AG
Protecting The Malacca Straits (the String of Pearls)

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

mawarannahr posted:

I am speaking in jest, dear friends.

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Goons are having a lot of trouble picking up on sarcasm or facetiousness lately.

tbqf given how ridiculous some CIA/state dept poo poo is and how text requires additional care and effort to properly convey irony I don't blame anyone here

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I think it's adderrall in the water supply.

funny that you say that I posted yesterday about stimulant shortages in the doomsday economics thread

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
stux net? more like sux to be on the net today

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

dead gay comedy forums posted:

funny that you say that I posted yesterday about stimulant shortages in the doomsday economics thread

there’s a shortage? this is very unsettling.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

#1 story on NPR, literally the first thing at 8 am in a slow news week when nothing is going on, about China Sinifying China by removing domes from mosques.

https://www.npr.org/2021/09/28/1041082826/in-an-attempt-to-sinify-china-authorities-are-removing-domes-from-mosques posted:

In An Attempt To Sinify China, Authorities Are Removing Domes From Mosques

Emily Feng September 28, 20215:08 AM ET
China wants to changes mosques to make them more Chinese. The mosque campaign has triggered a discussion on what being Chinese really means.

Emily “does journalism by begging for leads in Facebook groups for English-speaking Chinese who do not live in China” Feng.

#2 story is the “skyrocketing US murder rate.”

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!
is that in any way, even misleadingly or through deliberate misinterpretation or by accident, true

Mirello
Jan 29, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
lol this is an attempt to make mosques look more like they used to. before the cultural revolution, most mosques in china looked like buddhist temples, but after when they rebuilt them, they did it in modern islamic style. my source is this carl zha tweet https://twitter.com/CarlZha/status/1082203317810257920. I used to have a better one, but I forgot.

I can say as someone who lives in china, muslims here are about 100x more accepted by society than in america. theres tons of muslims everywhere, and it's not really a big deal in any way.

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

indigi posted:

is that in any way, even misleadingly or through deliberate misinterpretation or by accident, true

yeah us capitalism kills a lot of people, it's true

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

You don't really need domes, that's largely just the influence of Turkish/Ottoman and Iranian religious pressure, they love domes. The only important parts of the mosque are the niche, the minaret, and the courtyard.

Imo they shouldn't tear them down without cause but rebuilding older eastern style mosques would be cool. Hell just have them both why not

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

This is cultural genocide against the Ottoman Empire, Putin has to be involved somehow.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/ProletariatRis1/status/1442903011131473924

I choked-up a little

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Yadoppsi posted:

What's the conspiracy theory being spread here? Stuxnet was a joint Israel/US op targeting Iran but it spread worldwide. 2% of all computers in the US were infected but it doesnt do anything unless that computer is a PLC controlling a specific process.

A specific number of PLC's running specific firmware versions doing very specific things. You could infect every single PLC controller in the world and the only real impact would be on Iran's centrifuge system.

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Most Chinese convenience stores have condoms at the checkout counter like gum so I don't know what they really have to do to get people to use them more. I think it's mainly getting women on birth control since the general sentiment I got was that people thought it was the 60's and they could easily make you sterile. I don't know how it is now but I've heard horror stories about Chinese sex ed classes, which were comically worse than US ones, in that the teachers just gave them a book and left the room. It's probably better now and it should hopefully be after this for the sake of the children so you don't have grown rear end women who think babies come out of their belly buttons.

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

does anyone still have that link I vaguely remember being posted here featuring CPC evaluations of the dissolutions of Yugoslavia and the Soviet Union and what can be learned from them?

would be interested to get access to CPC theory, since post Mao Chinese lit doesn’t seem as accessible to westerners and I’d be interested in hearing Chinese perspectives on the collapse of communism in Russia directly from the source rather than from external observers

FrancisFukyomama has issued a correction as of 18:51 on Sep 28, 2021

IAMKOREA
Apr 21, 2007

Mirello posted:

lol this is an attempt to make mosques look more like they used to. before the cultural revolution, most mosques in china looked like buddhist temples, but after when they rebuilt them, they did it in modern islamic style. my source is this carl zha tweet https://twitter.com/CarlZha/status/1082203317810257920. I used to have a better one, but I forgot.

I can say as someone who lives in china, muslims here are about 100x more accepted by society than in america. theres tons of muslims everywhere, and it's not really a big deal in any way.

My wife is from a Balkan country with about 15 percent Muslim population. A few years ago a bunch of money from Saudi Arabia flooded the country and suddenly Roma women were wearing niqabs (and getting paid to do so, no one had ever worm them before) and the mayor got paid off to let the mosques prayers blast out on a loud speaker 5 times a day. loving Wahhabism, gently caress that poo poo. China is right to get Saudi money and influence out of their country.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Xi must crush anarchism.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!
I’d wear a niqab for money. Saudi princes DM me

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

indigi posted:

niqab please

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008

RocknRollaAyatollah posted:

Most Chinese convenience stores have condoms at the checkout counter like gum so I don't know what they really have to do to get people to use them more. I think it's mainly getting women on birth control since the general sentiment I got was that people thought it was the 60's and they could easily make you sterile. I don't know how it is now but I've heard horror stories about Chinese sex ed classes, which were comically worse than US ones, in that the teachers just gave them a book and left the room. It's probably better now and it should hopefully be after this for the sake of the children so you don't have grown rear end women who think babies come out of their belly buttons.

Maybe for younger people it's better, but my useless anecdote is that every non-westernized Chinese woman my age, when the subject came up, had pretty abysmal sexual literacy, and tbh I wouldn't be surprised if in a lot of places it's not much better now.

Probably a big gap between the various regions/tiers of city as well.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

indigi posted:

For some reason this reminds me of NetZero banner ad, yeah I am old.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

IAMKOREA posted:

My wife is from a Balkan country with about 15 percent Muslim population. A few years ago a bunch of money from Saudi Arabia flooded the country and suddenly Roma women were wearing niqabs (and getting paid to do so, no one had ever worm them before) and the mayor got paid off to let the mosques prayers blast out on a loud speaker 5 times a day. loving Wahhabism, gently caress that poo poo. China is right to get Saudi money and influence out of their country.

but they literally own mecca that means it cant be genocide by definition

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

LimburgLimbo posted:

Maybe for younger people it's better, but my useless anecdote is that every non-westernized Chinese woman my age, when the subject came up, had pretty abysmal sexual literacy, and tbh I wouldn't be surprised if in a lot of places it's not much better now.

Probably a big gap between the various regions/tiers of city as well.

how exactly are you quantifying sexual literacy and under what context are non westernized chinese women your age telling you about how sexually literate they are

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

Some Guy TT posted:

how exactly are you quantifying sexual literacy and under what context are non westernized chinese women your age telling you about how sexually literate they are

he's going on dates OP

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Some Guy TT posted:

please, they’re called Hinge Haneys

Scrree
Jan 16, 2008

the history of all dead generations,
Didn't the youth wing of the CPC release revised sex-ed guidelines like 2 years ago and they were generally regarded as pretty good?

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008

Some Guy TT posted:

how exactly are you quantifying sexual literacy

Whether or not you believe things like:
- Penetrative sex at any point near or during menstruation has a very high chance of literally killing a woman (this seemed to be based on a severe misunderstanding of toxic shock syndrome)
- Oral sex can lead to pregnancy
- Basic understanding of hormones and contraception
- Basic human anatomy

etc.

Some Guy TT posted:

under what context are non westernized chinese women your age telling you about how sexually literate they are

Japan, where lots of Chinese people are, but many of whom have not been as exposed to Western culture and don't know English. It's a legitimately interesting population in a way because frequently people presume that "highly educated/internationally experienced" de facto means fluent in English and familiar with western culture, but there's definitely places where that's not the case. I don't know what you're doing in Korea but I'm kinda surprised you haven't had similar experiences, since that's one of the other main examples.

More specifically, I made a variety of friends and acquaintances going to student and young professional networking events and such for foreigners in Japan, which (when you're talking about the "legit" ones for full-time undergrads and normal employees of Japanese firms, and not bullshit western exchange student stuff) are overwhelmingly Korean and Chinese.

I find people sometimes talk about life and sex when drinking at the wee hours of the morning; not sure about your experience though.

Antonymous posted:

he's going on dates OP

Several of my girlfriends back when were Chinese since I tended to gravitate towards people who both understood the dynamics of being a foreigner in Japan and also understood Japanese culture, which is inherently a pretty limited population, but I heard about it from plenty of sources besides that.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

LimburgLimbo posted:

I find people sometimes talk about life and sex when drinking at the wee hours of the morning; not sure about your experience though.

well thats easy enough to explain you see i hate fun

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/nypost/status/1442715954849501184

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!
aw that plant looks cute

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded redd