Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Bogor

Classic Cat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
There's something deeply melancholy about that Nekonaughey.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Slammy posted:

Outbursts of Everett True November 9, 1918

What the gently caress Everett, the guy couldn't have been more polite about it.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
Holy poo poo, fell super far behind and finally caught up. Just gonna post Axa (which I need to be better about posting even on days I can't get to the classic comics), but have a dump.

Axa with a bit of a warning for being rather rape-y to start

These "savages" are pretty drat rough, but I also gotta say, I have no idea where this comic is set and they've mentioned the there have been all kinds of wild climatic bullshit going on so for all I know this is what Jersey looks like in 2080 (I just assume it takes place in Britain and Europe but that it got so hosed up it doesn't really matter).

Cobalt-60
Oct 11, 2016

by Azathoth
ALL HAIL ROBOT MARK

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
Garfield

Heathcliff

Overboard

Monty

For Better or For Worse

Compu-toon

On The Fastrack

Safe Havens

Rae the Doe is currently on a M-W-F schedule! No comic today!

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Classic Kevin & Kell in: at this time of year, at this time of day, in this part of the country, localised entirely within your office?! (October 20-26, 2003)

I honestly got nothing to say today.

Modern Kevin & Kell

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Gnoman posted:

That's not the joke of that "and he did". The joke is "look at the adorable kid thinking he can help!".

Considering the "joke" of at least half of the past two weeks of And He Did have been "And He Was Lynched For Being Unpatriotic", I can't fault anyone for thinking the joke is And He Became A Child Soldier

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

Mikl posted:

I honestly got nothing to say today.

At this time of year, in this part of the country, localized entirely to your server room?

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Daddy Daze

Take It From the Tinkersons

Dark Side of the Horse

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Crab Dad posted:

I hate hate hate any humor that plays off how cute is it to send off our boys to die in a ditch. Same with loving boomers slobbering all over how great kids were during WW2 to enlist underage like it’s some noble thing to do.

My grandfather did. He ran away from home to join the Winter War in 1939 at 15. Got found out, sent home. Ran right back and re-enlisted. Ended up being promoted to Sergeant, until his military career was cut short by him skiing into a Soviet mine, losing his eye and most of the use of one of his legs.

He ended up living until the ripe old age of 80 before dying of a stroke, but he carried the trauma of the war with him for all his life and even though most of the time he was a sweetheart especially towards his grandchildren, he had a wicked temper that would come out and make him lash out violently at times.

So yeah, probably not a great thing to carry with you from 15 to 80.

(and also by 1918 Germans were so desperate they were actively recruiting boys well under 18, and 250 000 under-18s fought in British armed forces during World War I as well. Untold numbers also fought and died for other nations, and some sources claim boys as young as 12 fought and died for the Serbian army, for instance)

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Arlo and Janis

Tina's Groove Classic (December 30, 2009)

Arlo and Janis Classic (December 30, 1999)

Garfield Classic (December 30, 1989)

Tambaloneus
Feb 5, 2007

I miss my cat someone buy me a kitten.

Pastry of the Year posted:

Garfield Classic (December 30, 1989)

This is an extremely accurate comic because I pretty much spent the entirety of my cat's 17 years on this earth asking the cat what in gently caress it was doing.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Crab Dad posted:

I hate hate hate any humor that plays off how cute is it to send off our boys to die in a ditch. Same with loving boomers slobbering all over how great kids were during WW2 to enlist underage like it’s some noble thing to do.

I remember seeing a rollicking old film on that very premise. Think it was called 'Come and See'.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymes with Orange

Get Fuzzy 9/27/01

Brenda Starr 4/17-19/47

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frsmiTgLYxk

Smokey Stover 7/25/43

Holman is apparently on summer vacation, because you're going to see quite a few recycled gags this week.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Slammy posted:

Gay and Her Gang November 8, 1929

Is it just me, or is Smack taking over the strip much like Nancy and Ginger Meggs?

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

I think that And He Did! is the same sort of propaganda as the "I'm doing my part!" in Starship Troopers except yes unironic. The kid is trying to enlist (because that's what you do!) but he's too little, isn't it cute? Maybe next war, kid!

manero
Jan 30, 2006

Nancy 1946

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Breaking Cat News

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

Wallace the Brave

Curtis

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003
I know some people are annoyed by it, but having lived through the 9/11 fervor I can understand the crazed nationalism And He Did! and Everett True have been displaying. I'm kind of curious to see how much gloating went on after Willy abdicated.

Vintage Valiant (Jun. 22, 1947)

Manitou refers to a spiritual force that pervades everything. It's also used in some contexts as a translation of the word "god."

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
Bogor's such a loving narc.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Medenmath posted:

Slowly I turned...

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

riderchop posted:

On The Fastrack

This is some grim, grim, grim poo poo that's cheerily under the impression it's lighthearted.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Medenmath posted:

If adventure games have taught me anything, there's a cavern behind that fall containing a treasure or magical item or side quest... or who knows, maybe an extremely anachronistic Maid of the Mist sightseeing boat.

Bizarro

The Family Circus

Time to upgrade to spraypaint.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Docks

Retail

Popcom

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

*looking over my shoulder*

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Bad Machinery

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Uhhhh Axa that statement implies that there is a time and place for it.

She's been in this world less than a week and is already making out with the fox man, guess she was a furry.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
This is the pettiest possible thing to be bothered about in Kevin and Kell but it's weird that all the female characters have hair that's separate from their fur and almost none of the male ones, right?

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
how else would you tell they're women :thunk:

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

I thought the joke would be about his googly eyes.

Mark Trail

De-Bait Team is a good fishing boat name.

Mary Worth

The Phantom

That's from the Sunday storyline The Rat Must Die, which began October 8, 2017 if you're interested in looking it up. I'm thinking of rereading it because I think it was a good one and I don't remember much about it.

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Andertoons

Apartment 3-G

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Getting strong flash-sideways from LOST vibes from this, but it predates that season by about 7 years and also I hate it

Murdstone posted:

Mary Worth

Tomorrow: "Should've named you 'Pissy' instead!"
Thursday: You get where this is going

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

by the rules as presented you can give the sheet of instructions to the other person. the reasoning is that they are the one who can make use of the information and you should not be hoarding the most concise way of transferring it

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Yvonmukluk posted:

Bad Machinery

Nobody would ever suspect Humphrey

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

Mikl posted:

Classic Kevin & Kell

So how long before she tells the family that she's the impostor they thought she was? I know it becomes obvious, eventually.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Surgeon's Tales

Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
The Far Side

Pickles

Zits

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

The Far Side is always good, but occasionally it's phenomenal.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

My company briefly made us all, employees and management alike, go through Leadership Workshops which were uncannily close to this in tone if not actual language. It was pretty obvious everyone considered it a colossal waste of time. I say briefly because after the first two weeks, they canned the whole endeavor without much comment. My manager was kind enough to tell me during our regular one-on-one status update calls that this was because basically everyone who took the course was bitter about it being such a useless mess. Of course, it wasn't canceled until after I had already done my two mandatory workshops. So in short, I feel pretty called out here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Yes people definitely wear dress shoes to minimum wage holiday retail jobs