Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

https://twitter.com/alexnunns/status/1442872504628891649?s=20

Yeah, I can work with this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
shame she's never going to get enough nominations for a leadership contest

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
It's only the percentage of MPs that has increased, not the absolute number, so you just have to reduce the absolute number.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Guavanaut posted:

It's only the percentage of MPs that has increased, not the absolute number, so you just have to reduce the absolute number.

Double agent Starmer is already working on it.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

OwlFancier posted:

He could combine two problems into one and build a bridge to northern ireland that is also a giant rail gun for firing poo poo into space and/or the faroe islands.

Dude.... you just plagiarised my previous post (excluding the Faroe Islands bit). :byodood:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Huh, sorry I actually didn't see that, no copyright intended original post do not steel credit to you then.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

OwlFancier posted:

Huh, sorry I actually didn't see that, no copyright intended original post do not steel credit to you then.

Well that's my fragile ego calmed for the week, have a wonderful day & a full fuel tank. :tipshat:

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Why's it always North London?

https://twitter.com/LabourList/status/1442828370102923265

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

keep punching joe posted:

it's just another way of saying Islington Set to mean liberal metropolitan elite op

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Honestly, the space rockets are probably going to 'accidentally' fail and crash into Palestine or Iran, and everyone in the world will tut and shake their heads sadly and then continue on as if nothing happened.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

kecske posted:

it's just another way of saying Islington Set to mean liberal metropolitan elite op

Yeah, most places in actual North London, these cunts'd be flat-out ignored at best; chased away most likely

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

What is the red wall if not extremely north london?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
In much the same way as Ed Miliband was a North London geek who was bad at sports and had two kitchens and can not eat the bacon sandwich.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

keep punching joe posted:

North London famously has no working class people in it.

jaete
Jun 21, 2009

Nap Ghost

in case this is a real question, there are lots of (((rootless cosmopolitans))) living in places like stoke newington - these people are obivously bad and evil, because they're... relatively left wing. yes that's it. that's all this means. nothing else.

also, jeremby bodrdyn, noted anti-semite and racist communist, is also in north london. many of these aforementioned left wing geeks with two kitchens who can't even eat bacon sandwiches are supporters of him. he's bad, and these north londoners are bad

this post brought to you by the Keith Stormer Commission for Truth and Integrty in Politics

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Guavanaut posted:

In much the same way as Ed Miliband was a North London geek who was bad at sports and had two kitchens and can not eat the bacon sandwich.

how very pro palestinian of you

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

https://twitter.com/bbclaurak/status/1442882573911433224

Sorry to Laura K post but, lol

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Is there not absolutely shedloads of heavy industrial, potentially unionised jobs associated with building renewables infrastructure? Nothing wrong with nuclear but is it inherently more GMB somehow?

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

peanut- posted:

Nothing wrong with nuclear but is it inherently more GMB somehow?
The other GMB runs entirely on nuclear takes.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Re: that spaceport. It’s a complete loving boondoggle since the further from the equator you are the more energy you need to launch the rocket into a stable orbit. This makes launching from as close the equator as physically possible the most efficient possible launch site. It’s why the Eu uses french guinea for this purpose, and why America uses the south coast of Florida.

Launching from Scotland imposes huge efficiency losses that makes it fundamentally unviable unless you’re, for instance, using it as a method to harvest huge tax incentives to do very little, or launching things into polar orbits which don’t tend to be hugely popular.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
The spaceflights will go to Ascension Island along with the deportation flights and also occasionally get mixed up on purpose.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/Antoni66577016/status/1442886261228851203

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

goddamnedtwisto posted:

The RLC have probably got hundreds of HGV drivers, I assume the training is on operating the actual tanker bit (which is apparently quite complex). Good for them, it'll be nice for them to have some bragging rights for once - "Oh you were second bloke on the balcony at the Iranian embassy? Well *I* restocked Beaconsfield Services, guess which one did more to actually help the country keep going?"

You're the man that knows everything, but would the petrol stations even accept deliveries from Army trained people given theres no way they'd have the right insurance or ADR qualifications?

Is it just a massive red herring and they're hoping supplies sort themselves out before they're forced to do anything?

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Guavanaut posted:

Are you implying Labour has a problem with North London geeks?

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

serious gaylord posted:

You're the man that knows everything, but would the petrol stations even accept deliveries from Army trained people given theres no way they'd have the right insurance or ADR qualifications?

Is it just a massive red herring and they're hoping supplies sort themselves out before they're forced to do anything?

I mean all that takes sorting out is parliament passing a law saying its OK now :shrug:

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

serious gaylord posted:

I don't actually know, and the stuff I thought I knew about ambulance drivers was also wrong, so gently caress knows.

I mean I *assume* that they'll be driving the tanker trucks already owned by the oil companies so presumably the insurance situation sorts itself out if whatever training they're giving them is equivalent to that given to the civilian drivers. The comment about the tanker bit being complicated was a quote from an acquaintance who did it years and years ago.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Jel Shaker posted:

Is the Army getting involved?

Military tanker drivers are ready to help deliver fuel.
The BBC has been told that 75 military drivers are on standby initially, and another 75 could be added if needed.
They will get training - which could take up to five days - to prepare for the deployment.
Ministers say it is a "sensible, precautionary step" to offer temporary extra driver capacity.

I'm sure that will put a dent in the what 100k shortage?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Look you could supply a whole small town in northern england with that many drivers.

Lobster God
Nov 5, 2008
https://twitter.com/bealejonathan/status/1442902971818262530?s=19

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

OwlFancier posted:

Look you could supply a whole small town in northern england with that many drivers.

No fuel for Northerners! Only South Croydon *dog meme*

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

https://twitter.com/rosieduffield1/status/1442890567340363789?s=21

I wonder

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Well my resignation went through. I was going to try sticking it out on the basis that left-wingers leaving will just lurch the party further to the right but I can't stay a member of the party in good conscience with what they're coming out with now. I'll join again if it starts to represent my politics. Heartbroken tbh.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

replies turned off

she doesn't even have the courage of her convictions, what a loving coward

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall
Jessica Elizabeth Morden (born 29 May 1968)... is one of nine presidents of The Young People's Trust for the Environment.[3]

Normal country

Julio Cruz posted:

replies turned off

She has never shown her face at clp meetings and was once late to a meeting in which she was being sacked for chronic lateness. She's been a coward and a scumbag all her life

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

HopperUK posted:

Well my resignation went through. I was going to try sticking it out on the basis that left-wingers leaving will just lurch the party further to the right but I can't stay a member of the party in good conscience with what they're coming out with now. I'll join again if it starts to represent my politics. Heartbroken tbh.

The way I see it, the right won. So you're not helping them win by leaving. They won and will only torment you if you stay. You should still have hope, it's just whatever form the left takes going forward will not be with Labour.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
As Alice from Trashfuture said recently: if you're a transphobe who is sick of the "trans debate" you can just stop doing it. The rest of us won't mind.

Julio Cruz posted:

replies turned off

Duffield didn't write that article, it was noted big brained thinker and former Telegraph and Spectator editor Matthew d'Ancona.

big scary monsters fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Sep 28, 2021

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
d'Ancona don't want none unless you got chromosomes matching his GCSE biology textbook which he has no way to verify hon

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

HopperUK posted:

Don't let the bastards grind you down. The future is going to be spicy, and we are yet to discover what opportunities may yet materialise in the chaos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

big scary monsters posted:

Duffield didn't write that article, it was noted big brained thinker and former Telegraph and Spectator editor Matthew d'Ancona.

it's her tweet that's got replies turned off, though