Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sprotto
Jul 16, 2017

sticksy posted:

How does this rank in the "footballer yikesaroo" scale?

I'd guess just behind that Brazilian keeper who had his ex-wife murdered and fed to dogs, maybe just ahead of Suarez biting a couple fellas.

wtf world do you live in where killing one person and almost killing another 4 is maybe just ahead of lol remember when Luis Suarez got a bit bitey a few times

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

Suntoucher posted:

wtf world do you live in where killing one person and almost killing another 4 is maybe just ahead of lol remember when Luis Suarez got a bit bitey a few times

:thejoke:

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

You say this. But I do remember when people on Reddit were saying that Suarez should be put in jail for attempted murder because a human bite could kill you*.

*If you don't get it looked at and rub dirt in it and let it get super infected.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Ashley Williams kicking a ball at RVP

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

CyberPingu posted:

You say this. But I do remember when people on Reddit were saying that Suarez should be put in jail for attempted murder because a human bite could kill you*.

*If you don't get it looked at and rub dirt in it and let it get super infected.

Suarez should have been put in jail because as an adult (allegedly) human (questionably) he's bitten at least three different people in public.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

The best Suarez bite was the one where he went down holding his teeth trying to claim the defender had fouled him

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

jesus WEP posted:

Ashley Williams kicking a ball at RVP

Could have killed the lad, IIRC

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

CyberPingu posted:

Sometimes it's better not to cite your sources.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
i liked when we signed suarez while he was serving a ban in the netherlands for biting someone and then we were all shocked when he kept biting other people

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

vyelkin posted:

i liked when we signed suarez while he was serving a ban in the netherlands for biting someone and then we were all shocked when he kept biting other people

It's amazing how many Liverpool Reddit fans still love the guy. He got into 2 more biting incidents just to get a move to Barcelona! There are better people to take to heart.

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

Surprisingly nice, for an evil Inca mummy.

Eric Cantonese posted:

It's amazing how many Liverpool Reddit fans still love the guy. He got into 2 more biting incidents just to get a move to Barcelona! There are better people to take to heart.

They just like his racism.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If I could take Suarez back without the behaviour issues then I would in a heartbeat but seriously, gently caress that guy.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

CyberPingu posted:

If I could take Suarez back without the behaviour issues then I would in a heartbeat but seriously, gently caress that guy.

I think Suarez is the most talented player I've ever seen in a Liverpool shirt but I still wouldn't take him back because yeah gently caress that guy

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Was it a Chelsea player that Suarez bit and the bitee just looked at him befuddled and laughed? I seem to recall someone wasn't immensely offended when they got bit

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

ilmucche posted:

Was it a Chelsea player that Suarez bit and the bitee just looked at him befuddled and laughed? I seem to recall someone wasn't immensely offended when they got bit

looks like it was the fella from The First Biting Incident

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uy31pdfntUw

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001

greazeball posted:

looks like it was the fella from The First Biting Incident

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uy31pdfntUw

just amazing

I think a Dr.’s professional evaluation after the last ban was “he will absolutely do this again” lol

in terms of lack of domesticity, Suarez may top the cake

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

Reprisal posted:

just amazing

I think a Dr.’s professional evaluation after the last ban was “he will absolutely do this again” lol

in terms of lack of domesticity, Suarez may top the cake

I remember Ivanovic being a pretty good sport about it.

Someone already shared the Chelsea incident, but here's a compilation with all three biting incidents.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XicHnfytRtg

He wanted to leave Ajax, so he bit a guy. (Liverpool really should have paid more for him given how good he was.) He wanted to leave Liverpool and Liverpool weren't as easy to push into a sale, so he bit two people. (Again, Barcelona got the guy at a relative bargain.)

And if you notice, Suarez magically stopped biting people after getting his dream move to Spain. I don't doubt the guy's a bit naturally unhinged, but I'm pretty sure he knew he could "let himself go wild" and get a ban to help push a club into unloading him.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Eric Cantonese posted:

Someone already shared the Chelsea incident, but here's a compilation with all three biting incidents.

He wanted to leave Ajax, so he bit a guy. (Liverpool really should have paid more for him given how good he was.) He wanted to leave Liverpool and Liverpool weren't as easy to push into a sale, so he bit two people. (Again, Barcelona got the guy at a relative bargain.)

And if you notice, Suarez magically stopped biting people after getting his dream move to Spain. I don't doubt the guy's a bit naturally unhinged, but I'm pretty sure he knew he could "let himself go wild" and get a ban to help push a club into unloading him.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

I'm saying he was crazy, but he wasn't as crazy as everyone thought he was.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Eric Cantonese posted:

I'm saying he was crazy, but he wasn't as crazy as everyone thought he was.

I dunno, I think having the thought "I fancy a change of scenery, think I'll bite a defender" is actually considerably crazier than someone losing their temper and biting someone. Like there's not many crimes where "No I wasn't angry, I carefully planned it out" is actually a defence.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Listen if you want a move you complain about the lack of quality restaurants and compare yourself to a slave, everyone knows this

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
He still bit Chiellini way after his move to Barca

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Angling for a move away from Uruguay obviously.

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

the sex ghost posted:

Listen if you want a move you complain about the lack of quality restaurants and compare yourself to a slave, everyone knows this

How could you make a more direct complaint about the lack of quality restaurants?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Strawman posted:

How could you make a more direct complaint about the lack of quality restaurants?
Lmao

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Shrapnig posted:

Angling for a move away from Uruguay obviously.

He bit Chiellini in June 2014 during the World Cup. He didn't get his move to Barcelona until July 2014.

Up until the biting incident, FSG were going to do their usual hardball stance. Then he bit Chiellini and it was obvious that he was going to get a big match ban. I think he even got a 4 month match ban before the Liverpool/Barcelona deal was announced. Liverpool had to sell because they were basically stuck with a guy who obviously wanted out and couldn't play for a good part of the season.

Eric Cantonese fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Sep 28, 2021

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Eric Cantonese posted:

Good lord, what a post

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
I'd forgotten how loving mental that bite on ivanovic was. The other two are weird af but more like an angry toddler... The ivanovic one was like he genuinely wanted to eat him. Kind of insane how quickly a serial biter got rehabilitated.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Strawman posted:

lol

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013
if a dog had bitten 3 people it would be put down #justsaying

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
He put himself down quite often, especially in the box

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

brocked posted:

He put himself down quite often, especially in the box

https://youtu.be/NMQE9PftGIg

e: YT algo suggested this video, which also seems appropriate for this thread

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

i was in an italian bar for the world cup one and everyone laughed, amused that he'd done it again more than angry

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

https://twitter.com/ElijahKyama/status/1445705544547717135?s=20

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

drat they just have riot police at 2nd division games in Brazil?

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

What a horrid little oval office. I hope the lads in scary South American jail kick his head clean off

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
https://twitter.com/thejohnsimpson/status/1445834951442718722?s=20

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

https://twitter.com/xalexthfc/status/1445836939291103232?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006