Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

guess that guy will never be the foot of a major corporation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

I'm sorry to anyone who got made fun of for all that "posting is praxis" stuff. It turns out posting *is* praxis and everyone should just stick to posting instead of, uhh, real world activism.

another failed goon project

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

*thinking harder than i ever have before in my entire life, beads of sweat collecting on my brow* toesgate

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

BRAKE FOR MOOSE posted:

ownership stole my joke

we rule you
     ||
     V
we post for all

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
goons posting about their own adventurism during the protests is so funny now

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer
hi im permabanned poster toestomper58

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
keep posting im reloading

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.

I'm sorry to anyone who got made fun of for all that "posting is praxis" stuff. It turns out posting *is* praxis and everyone should just stick to posting instead of, uhh, real world activism.

you trying to gently caress around?

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

it would be feet of all things that brings down CSPAM

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

do you think tiny toes' toes look like puckins

well, looked like

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Nonsense posted:

a lot of people know antifa exist and hate them which means they are bad. Almost nobody knows who the gently caress proud boys are which makes them nobodies and anarchists cannot comprehend that they’re the baddies when they encourage people like skinny goon to throw his life away

I think that the individual-centric nature of US politics combined with the internet has a way of making people support this sort of stuff. Like you can point to "some guys who are racist" and there's social pressure to never push back against anything negative/aggressive that people say, and this gradually leads to people becoming madder and madder until they inevitably start saying things like "We must kill The Nazis before they kill us. If you disagree with this, you're defending or downplaying The Nazis." The irony of course being that, by focusing on people like the Proud Boys, these people are actually the ones downplaying the people and institutions enforcing real white supremacy.

It's also conveniently very easy for people/institutions with real power to manipulate this sort of sentiment. Just make sure people keep focused on other powerless people and condemn anyone who disagrees as "carrying water for the nazis" or whatever. It's why the FBI is fine with declaring such groups to be terrorists/hate groups.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

loquacius posted:

D&D-occupied C-SPAM

that dude when he reads the CSPAM gaming thread and sees posters advocating for :filez: :

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

bedpan posted:

what is it with Something Awful owners and feet scandals

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Lol just remembered my previous avatar was a foot. Ah well

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Donkwich posted:

hi im permabanned poster toestomper58

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

bedpan posted:

*smythe's ears perk up*

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Homeless Friend posted:

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

loquacius posted:

D&D-occupied C-SPAM

this is apartheid

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
tellin c-spam to toe the line

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

BeefThief posted:

he shot a guy named tiny toes in the foot

tinier toes

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Homeless Friend posted:

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Homeless Friend posted:

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

official message on this terrible tragedy: c-spam does not endorse violence, even when it's insanely funny

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Sedisp posted:

if you are not loling that a man named tiny toes was shot in the foot by a loony from a dead forum in 2021 you are in a far better place than I

i feel like my brain is actively fighting itself from realizing this fact in a desperate struggle of self-preservation

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
THE TRUTH

lol, The face of typical Antifa Scum. Looks like he will be trading in his skinny jeans for prison gear.
5 hours ago

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

the goon is insanely funny looking, the incident is not.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Yinlock posted:

official message on this terrible tragedy: c-spam does not endorse violence, even when it's insanely funny

i advocate violence even when its serious and bad because im a twisted psycho

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
antifa and dsa? drat, this dude was really committed to electing joe biden

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Ytlaya posted:

I think that the individual-centric nature of US politics combined with the internet has a way of making people support this sort of stuff. Like you can point to "some guys who are racist" and there's social pressure to never push back against anything negative/aggressive that people say, and this gradually leads to people becoming madder and madder until they inevitably start saying things like "We must kill The Nazis before they kill us. If you disagree with this, you're defending or downplaying The Nazis." The irony of course being that, by focusing on people like the Proud Boys, these people are actually the ones downplaying the people and institutions enforcing real white supremacy.

It's also conveniently very easy for people/institutions with real power to manipulate this sort of sentiment. Just make sure people keep focused on other powerless people and condemn anyone who disagrees as "carrying water for the nazis" or whatever. It's why the FBI is fine with declaring such groups to be terrorists/hate groups.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
in hindsight, keeping the protest thread up after biden got elected and good luck getting actual mobilization on an actual protest effort now that all the libs have butted out was perhaps a bad idea

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

scary ghost dog posted:

:wth:

make this poster mod

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

scary ghost dog posted:

are you a twisted psycho with a gun though

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

gradenko_2000 posted:

This is the most eventful day in the forums since MadJackal got outed for being a fake doctor

oh poo poo, he was making up the whole thing with his girlfriend and everything?

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

TheIncredulousHulk posted:

The Nazis could have been crushed without firing a shot if only the German communists had accepted Hitler's challenge to defeat him in the Tenkaichi Budokai

Imagine I posted the old Stalin vs. Hitler comic here

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Victory Position posted:

oh poo poo, he was making up the whole thing with his girlfriend and everything?

what girlfriend he was always talking about hinge honeys

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

loquacius posted:

lmao at this entire situation up to and including the people who hate C-SPAM angling to be promoted to C-SPAM moderator over it

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Pepperoneedy
Apr 27, 2007

Rockin' it

i have come here to chew bubblegum and blow off toes

and I'm all out of toes

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

also pretend i emptyquoted the last like 15 pages here because lmao that's some good posting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Nonsense posted:

the goon is insanely funny looking, the incident is not.

a skinny paranoid stopping in full view of a high res camera to pop off a few shots and hitting a nazi named "tiny toes" in the foot is extremely funny, sorry