Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Furnaceface posted:

Totally unrelated but why cant people keep their clothes on in Food Wars? Ive worked in restaurants and no one sober is ever shedding their clothes over the subtle taste of oregano and sweet chilis in their moose burgers.

Clearly you haven't been in a good enough restaurant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I just found this Vtuber recently so I hope she’ll be okay.

https://twitter.com/zentreya/status/1442909614249443328?s=21

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Captain Invictus posted:

like, the old, old, ollllld dubs they played on saturday mornings at like 6:30AM before the actual saturday morning cartoon blocks started?

well if this is some kind of coincidental ask, here is some good news for you

is this the same as the Toonami dub?

whats Girly Air Force

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

verbal enema posted:

is this the same as the Toonami dub?

whats Girly Air Force

A pretty lame seasonal show from a couple years back iirc.

Speaking of seasonal I should try to get the new thread up tonight.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0VUmUt37Wo

The best OP ever made. I would say "prove me wrong" but I know it's not possible. Also has the best ED ever made.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEsNDDwhSJ4

this is the best op

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Paranoia Agent OP is just "this is fine.png" and that's a good thing.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
just got hooked up with a free jar of moonshine :woop:

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

paranoia agent is a show about getting jokerfied that came like 17 years too early for the zeitgeist to appreciate it. then again, kon as a whole was just so far ahead of his time. celebrity or creator deaths dont really impact me because lol parasocial relationships, but kon is kind of the exception, i just get really sad when i think about all the amazing stuff he still had in him that the world is a genuinely worse place for not having.

its not the best, but a top 5 anime op is tokyo ghoul unravel. i dont make the rules. whoop my rear end

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Mill Village posted:

Aw gently caress, what the hell. I hope zen is okay, she's one of my favorites.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Paper Lion posted:

paranoia agent is a show about getting jokerfied that came like 17 years too early for the zeitgeist to appreciate it. then again, kon as a whole was just so far ahead of his time. celebrity or creator deaths dont really impact me because lol parasocial relationships, but kon is kind of the exception, i just get really sad when i think about all the amazing stuff he still had in him that the world is a genuinely worse place for not having.

its not the best, but a top 5 anime op is tokyo ghoul unravel. i dont make the rules. whoop my rear end
i think you can be sad about a creator or actor you like being dead without it being an unhealthy parasocial relationship

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

parasocial seems like a victim of becoming buzzy and getting a too-negative connotation because some people are weird about their interactions with streamers and other such small internet figures

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

dogsicle posted:

parasocial seems like a victim of becoming buzzy and getting a too-negative connotation because some people are weird about their interactions with streamers and other such small internet figures

yeah there's a world of difference between that and "director I liked died, bummer"

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

frankly parasocial relationships are completely normal and healthy so long as you understand what they are. like its fine to feel a connection to a creator and feel sad if they die or excited for them to get more opportunities, so long as you realize you dont actually know them as a person.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

and ironically most of the people using parasocial as a buzzword learned it from a youtube video!

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k
paradeeznuts relationship

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder
frankly the parasocial element is even often important to the work itself. ie osamu dazais work would probably not be notable inside japan let alone out of it without the personal connection people feel between themselves and him and how his struggles with mental illness often feel incredibly prescient to readers with the same issues. but haha i gotta use this epic word i learned on the internet.

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
i tire of you freaks and your parasocial relationships. now let me just listen to my favorite podcast about it.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

I keep thinking parasocial means befriending a ghost.

Everone needs a ghost pal.

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

i dont think saying "dang, thats a bummer" is parasocial. its the wailing and gnashing of teeth and the constant stream of things where either this is entirely performative or you had an unhealthy relationship with this person in your mind through consuming their work and either way its gross to me. i was bummed for a few days when miura passed but its been months and there are still people going bazonkers on social media about it and thats what im referring to

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i mean define 'bazonkers.' i think its fine to still be depressed about it especially given a 'new' chapter of berserk recently dropped.

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k

Furnaceface posted:

I decided to post the para deez nuts joke instead of this joke, and I'm glad that someone else came here to pick it up for me. Honestly it was probably the better one.

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
theres only one kind of bazonkers anyone should give a poo poo about and theyre called big fat titties

namusan

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

those are bazongas, and i agree op

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Kagaya Homoraisan posted:

theres only one kind of bazonkers anyone should give a poo poo about and theyre called big fat titties

namusan

this

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Furnaceface posted:

casper the friendly vtuber

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

i just wanted to make friends

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Furnaceface posted:

:yeah:

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
im actually personal friends with all of my favorite content creators. Jealous?

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Stexils posted:

A parasite isnt a ghost. :colbert:

Parasect is still one of my favourite Pokemon designs.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Stexils posted:

yeah I love nozaki-kun

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mill Village posted:

I think I heard they're a husband wife duo so at least they'll have support probably.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
That's just a 4chan conspiracy theory, there's no evidence of it.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

if you want to hear a real 4chan conspiracy theory, their new narrative is that the husband and wife couple that run zentreya broke up. which is very funny so i'll believe it

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

homeless snail posted:

if you want to hear a real 4chan conspiracy theory, their new narrative is that the husband and wife couple that run zentreya broke up. which is very funny so i'll believe it

becoming a divorce court guy because the judge wont give me custody of various zen gecko models

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i watched the first episodes of killing slimes for 300 years, and assault lily bouquet while doing editing work. i didnt like them, and my queue is now shorter. that's my story

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

pretty good... drat good, even. but i still think my pick wins this

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
tatami already has a better op

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0VUmUt37Wo

The best OP ever made. I would say "prove me wrong" but I know it's not possible. Also has the best ED ever made.

ringo mogire beam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zu3zZY1-MGc

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
szs already has a better op (lilicure go go)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel

Space Flower posted:

szs already has a better op (lilicure go go)

of course the white len would say this...