Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

fadam posted:

Different strokes for different folks but my favourite parts of MMOs do not involve running all over a poorly defined area looking for a moose to kill or tabbing out while auto-running in a straight line to my next destination lol. It feels like these were all problems that got solved and fixed and they just decided to go back in time for some reason.

I wouldn't recommend auto run tab outs in this game though. You will run into a camp of some sort that could be higher level than you. Assuming you don't run into a wall some place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

JuffoWup posted:

I wouldn't recommend auto run tab outs in this game though. You will run into a camp of some sort that could be higher level than you. Assuming you don't run into a wall some place.

Hasn't happened yet but I'll keep that in mind.

Wreckus
Dec 15, 2007

From birth, man carries the weight of gravity on his shoulders. He is bolted to earth. But man has only to sink beneath the surface and he is free.
There are so many Fast Travel point spread across the world that you're never running very far.

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.
There are also several great MMO options on the market if you want those things. In fact MMOs have been doing cookie cutter WoW copycats for like 15 years. I’m also in the camp of enjoying some of the warts of this game.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

CLAM DOWN posted:

your brain is broken

Haven't you bought this game?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Ort posted:

There are also several great MMO options on the market if you want those things. In fact MMOs have been doing cookie cutter WoW copycats for like 15 years. I’m also in the camp of enjoying some of the warts of this game.

There are other cars with airbags but I still want my car to have them.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Mega Comrade posted:

Haven't you bought this game?

gently caress

Elmon
Aug 20, 2013

I went afk for 30 minutes and got kicked. 650 queue 20 minutes before end of workday. Rip.

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

fadam posted:

There are other cars with airbags but I still want my car to have them.

Drive your car to another thread because your gimmick posting is annoying

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Carmant posted:

What is my gimmick?

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Carmant posted:

What gimmick?? They're posting real legit criticisms of this bad game.

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

CLAM DOWN posted:

What gimmick?? They're posting real legit criticisms of this bad game.

Dude has been posting the same poo poo over and over in every iteration of the New World thread. It's tiresome. You don't have to like the game, but at some point, like when you've realized that you hate it and have no interest in playing it, maybe you should move on with your life.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Carmant posted:

Dude has been posting the same poo poo over and over in every iteration of the New World thread. It's tiresome. You don't have to like the game, but at some point, like when you've realized that you hate it and have no interest in playing it, maybe you should move on with your life.

Or, you could not backseat mod and let people post about the game. Don't police other people's opinions. If you can't handle reading posts about a bad game, maybe stop reading the thread about a bad game.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Carmant posted:

You have me confused with someone else. This is the only New World thread I've ever posted in I'm pretty sure, and considering I knew nothing about the game until today when I first started playing I can't imagine that I've ever posted anything complaining about it. Sounds like you got so mad you hallucinated lol

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

fadam posted:

You have me confused with someone else. This is the only New World thread I've ever posted in I'm pretty sure, and considering I knew nothing about the game until today when I first started playing I can't imagine that I've ever posted anything complaining about it. Sounds like you got so mad you hallucinated lol

You're right I probably got you confused with all of the other garbage MMO HMO posters that all sound the exact same and post with the same lovely affect. Like the Clam Down guy.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Carmant posted:

You're right I probably got you confused with all of the other garbage MMO HMO posters that all sound the exact same and post with the same lovely affect. Like the Clam Down guy.

Nice damage control lol. I don't expect you to apologize even though you should. Lets just move on so the thread doesn't get any worse.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
In this thread waiting on the queue like :munch:

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Carmant posted:

ahahahaha

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Made my character and got in a queue. Not sure why anyone needed to "hold a name" because Jane Mugthirst was my first shot and got it immediately

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Literally every post of yours in this thread is "lol game bad". Like you could at least have the decency to be funny about it. Make a joke about why the game is bad or something.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Got into a 40 people queue at 3PM EST. Still in queue….

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Carmant posted:

Literally every post of yours in this thread is "lol game bad". Like you could at least have the decency to be funny about it. Make a joke about why the game is bad or something.

EDIT: Deleted for being needlessly bitchy. Lets all live and let god.

fadam fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Sep 28, 2021

Surface
May 5, 2007
<3 boomstick
fuckin goons

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

I need more launch day forum drama or company melt down. I think the previous record was with Eve echoes and that all went tits up in 6 days iirc.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Keegers posted:

I need more launch day forum drama or company melt down. I think the previous record was with Eve echoes and that all went tits up in 6 days iirc.

That poster above sure is trying lol

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

EDIT: Deleted for going way too far. I should never have said that and honestly I'm ashamed. It was seriously disgusting and I hope the thread and everyone who saw it can just move on from it and heal.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

so what does this game do really well? what are the main selling points beyond "its a new mmo"

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy
lmao i just saw my first gold seller spam offering new world coins (at ludicrous USD pricing)

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Awesome! posted:

so what does this game do really well? what are the main selling points beyond "its a new mmo"

It looks pretty and has open-world pvp. That's about it.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Awesome! posted:

Pickaxe sound effect 10/10.

That's about it.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Awesome! posted:

It’s a new MMO that’s not some sandbox pos and Amazon will probably spend a shitload of money making sure it doesn’t fail.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

fadam posted:

It’s a new MMO that’s not some sandbox pos and Amazon will probably spend a shitload of money making sure it doesn’t fail.

and yet it still will

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Ruggan posted:

and yet it still will

We’ll see.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Ruggan posted:

and yet it still will

It won't, Amazon is using this as a poopsock testing ground for new factory workers.

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy
if it ever starts to falter the only thing they need to do is give it for free to every twitch prime member and announce an event where bezos will play for an hour pvp flagged

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

CLAM DOWN posted:

It looks pretty and has open-world pvp. That's about it.

More to the point, it has settlements/territories that guilds, or companies, can control. Those companies can engage in open world pvp as companies and there are also 3 world factions that can fight amongst themselves as well. It also has a pretty robust crafting system and somewhat unique visual design/aesthetic.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Company famous for having servers and not paying taxes invents video game with no servers but in-game taxes.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
can you scam pubbies in this game like in eve

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Agoat posted:

can you scam pubbies in this game like in eve

No, and to make matters worse it used to be a full loot PvP game... But they axed that for some reason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Keegers posted:

It won't, Amazon is using this as a poopsock testing ground for new factory workers.

they literally took their last game back into closed beta after releasing it and then just shutting it down altogether. Its not far from reality.