Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Thanks pals. <3

e: oh no, love and gratitude snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

HopperUK posted:

Thanks pals. <3

e: oh no, love and gratitude snipe

mine is doing the exact same

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Julio Cruz posted:

mine is doing the exact same

I dunno what kind of shape she thinks that is but she's 19 so I don't bother her

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Spangly A posted:

Jessica Elizabeth Morden (born 29 May 1968)... is one of nine presidents of The Young People's Trust for the Environment.[3]

Normal country

She's also my MP. Not sure I'll be voting for her in the next GE.

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum
lol

https://twitter.com/ShehabKhan/status/1442926509195345921

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Julio Cruz posted:

it's her tweet that's got replies turned off, though

Oh, sorry. The article also has replies off and I didn't even know you could do that with tweets.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/Dannythefink/status/1442930863390347271

Up there with "People voted for Corbyn because they thought he'd lose".

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Barry Foster posted:

Don't let the bastards grind you down. The future is going to be spicy, and we are yet to discover what opportunities may yet materialise in the chaos

Got to remember: We got to survive them making mistakes. There will be an unlimited supply of idiots as long as they feel like they're winning, but they won't feel like that forever, especially if they can't point to anyone sabotaging them, just to people pointing out their mistakes.

Find people who care - or people who need help - and take care of each other. Without anyone to help you, this one will be rough.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Gonzo McFee posted:

https://twitter.com/Dannythefink/status/1442930863390347271

Up there with "People voted for Corbyn because they thought he'd lose".

Wait I thought Starmer won on perceived Electability, is making promises that your electorate know you won’t keep a quality that voters desire?

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

The British Empire was built on cups of tea, and if you think I'm going into battle without one, you're sorely mistaken!

Then: BREXIT will free us of the perfidious EU's global warming conspiracy.

Now: Um... bit warm out innit?

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/Coldwar_Steve/status/1442928058005016580

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

bessantj posted:

She's also my MP. Not sure I'll be voting for her in the next GE.

you could campaign against her in the next GE for bants

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Jel Shaker posted:

you could campaign against her in the next GE for bants

I am interested to see if she can gain votes back that she lost in 2019.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Guavanaut posted:

The spaceflights will go to Ascension Island along with the deportation flights and also occasionally get mixed up on purpose.

Ascension already has a bunch of stuff NASA abandoned there, including a crumbling model of a space shuttle from the 1970s. And according to some people there is still a prototype Moon rover in a shed somewhere on the island.

I wonder if the ESA earth station is still there or if us leaving the EU has also hosed that up.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

big scary monsters posted:

As Alice from Trashfuture said recently: if you're a transphobe who is sick of the "trans debate" you can just stop doing it. The rest of us won't mind.

Duffield didn't write that article, it was noted big brained thinker and former Telegraph and Spectator editor Matthew d'Ancona.

How can you forget Drugstore Culture like that?

Endjinneer
Aug 17, 2005
Fallen Rib

Noxville posted:

Wait I thought Starmer won on perceived Electability, is making promises that your electorate know you won’t keep a quality that voters desire?

The thing about Starmer is he's the right sort, y'know. He's in the right sort of club and wears the right sort of suit and you just know you can count on him to do the right wing. I mean thing. I meant to say thing.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Sensible man ✅
Sensible haircut ✅
Grown up ✅
Can eat a bacon sandwich ✅

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
people hate boris johnson, people hate tony blair, people hate jeremy corbyn

people.... kier starmer

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

big scary monsters posted:

Oh, sorry. The article also has replies off and I didn't even know you could do that with tweets.

Blue tick only, because of course it is

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

NotJustANumber99 posted:

people hate boris johnson, people hate tony blair, people hate jeremy corbyn

people.... kier starmer

Who?

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

They were talking about this over in the PoliticalToons thread but one of the cartoonist for the Telegraph (Bob Moran) has got suspended for calling on a doctor to be harassed.

Or to use this Tweet to sum it up.

https://twitter.com/christhebarker/status/1442872654747242497?s=19

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
i think hes the same "cartoonist" that did the racist serena williams.

also hes like 35. When i think cartoonist I think most likely to be next in the paper as an obituary but maybe not

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

forkboy84 posted:

How can you forget Drugstore Culture like that?

I'm proud of how everyone came together to just not engage with it on any level and let it die on the vine.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Isn't that the same guy who keeps posting MEN IN DRESSES LOL comics in Private Eye?

Presumably because Ian Hislop is personally invested in continuing yet another PE-led culture war against the LGBTQ community long past the point of it being sane.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

I'm proud of how everyone came together to just not engage with it on any level and let it die on the vine.

The single like from Simon Hedges will always be their epitaph.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
I am extremely drink and can i just say: gently caress conservatives

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Commons select committee 2016 on likely shortage of HGV drivers:

https://publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm201617/cmselect/cmtrans/68/6805.htm

quote:

2A Driver shortage?
15.Concern about a shortage of drivers is not new.31 In a joint statement ahead of a meeting with HM Treasury in February 2015, the Freight Transport Association (FTA) and the Road Haulage Association (RHA) estimated that the haulage industry was short of about 45,000 drivers and that a further 40,000 drivers would leave the industry by 2017.32

16.In their evidence to our inquiry the FTA said that the sector was short of 43,000–45,000 drivers33 but the RHA suggested it was closer to 60,000.34 Asked to explain the difference, Jack Semple, of the RHA, told us it drew a distinction between drivers holding only an LGV licence and those holding a licence and DQC.35 The RHA added that the ONS classification of drivers under-reported driver numbers, as someone reporting their occupation as delivery driver might not be counted towards the total of LGV drivers.36

17.The Government agrees with the industry estimate of a shortage of about 45,000 drivers.37 It told us that the problem was long-standing and had been evident a decade ago.38

+ many more words & graphs

41.The driver shortage has resulted in a dependence on agency and particularly foreign drivers that goes beyond what is needed to cope with seasonal variations and is now necessary to sustain normal operation. The dependence on agency staff means that operators in the sector are probably not investing enough in their staff. We think this creates two risks that need to be managed. First, if the UK becomes relatively less attractive as a place for foreign drivers to work, as it may do as the consequences of Brexit play out, the shortage could become much more acute, possibly quite rapidly. Second, the longer-term sustainability of the UK’s road haulage sector could be undermined if there is not a steady stream of people through the sector gaining the skills and experience that they need to become transport managers and operators.

So the govt knew this was likely back then as well as the pandemic exercise that I have forgotten the name of that showed UK woefully underprepared for such a situation.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Endjinneer posted:

The thing about Starmer is he's the right sort, y'know. He's in the right sort of club and wears the right sort of suit and you just know you can count on him to do the right wing. I mean thing. I meant to say thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfhJGNnCRYU

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Tesseraction posted:

Isn't that the same guy who keeps posting MEN IN DRESSES LOL comics in Private Eye?

Presumably because Ian Hislop is personally invested in continuing yet another PE-led culture war against the LGBTQ community long past the point of it being sane.

Isn't Hislop fairly close to Helen Lewis?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
He's about 19/20ths of a chromosome away, which is all that matters to those people.

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

The Kinks posted:

He's a well-respected man about town, doing the best things, so Conservatively.

Checks out.

Niric
Jul 23, 2008

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

I am extremely drink and can i just say: gently caress conservatives

:hmmyes:

This should go in the OP as an efficient summary of past, present and future UKMTs

Loonytoad Quack
Aug 24, 2004

High on Shatner's Bassoon
A functioning opposition is coming...

https://twitter.com/LeftieStats/status/1442783191270580225

nurmie
Dec 8, 2019

who the gently caress is scraeming "RESIGN" at my house. show yourself, coward. i will never resign.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

This is the one leftie stat I can't get too excited about - wasn't Crobbins deeply underwater in popularity for his whole despotic reign? Obviously for different reasons, but all this proves is that people are stupid filthy swine who don't know what they want

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

loving LMAO at the lib dem voters.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
In general and specific.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It's genuinely amazing, labour voters don't like him, tory voters don't like him, the only people who do like him are the people broken in the brain enough to vote for the loving wet blanket party.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

OwlFancier posted:

loving LMAO at the lib dem voters.

Fubpees have been his target audience throughout so not really a surprise.