Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

I was really wanting to try this but just that it's on cryengine is pulling me away. Why use the same garbage single player engine that chris roberts is for an mmo

Is there a demo? I really want to try

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

Out of curiosity where is the 2000 number coming from? I keep seeing it but couldn't find any reason why.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Anno posted:

Out of curiosity where is the 2000 number coming from? I keep seeing it but couldn't find any reason why.

https://newworldstatus.com/

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

deom posted:

Bought this on a whim, and had a good first 15 minutes or so on one of the queueless servers on US East. Trying to decide whether or not to try and sell the wife on it. Is this going to have any sort of player housing? Interior design is definitely her ESO endgame.

I didn't try it in the beta but yeah you can buy houses in the settlements and decorate them all up. Supposedly it'll even be visible to other players based on how much you put in compared to the other owners? IDK exactly how that works but yeah suffice to say there's houses and decorating!

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy
have they just run out of naming ideas?

they went from styx and hades to "Glubbdubdrib" and "Tumtum"

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

This isn't too bad but reading that they don't have LFG for dungeons is fuckin dumb as hell lmao

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Server info

I spoke with a friend who is a GM for this game. Currently, there are 2 queues for each server right now. One for new players and one for people who have made it to their first settlement.

After a server has been live for 24 hours the population cap will be doubled. This is done to spread out the population.

I am loving the game. My aussie group donated every gold we made to the company and bought Winward in around 3 hours. The game has run smooth as butter so far.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

My game just froze/crashed after waiting in queue for an hour and I lost my place. I'm going outside.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Territory control and influence is also handled via PvP missions and stopping your opponents from finishing their PvP missions. Can't really do that if you're in different shards.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

GoGoGadget posted:

Territory control and influence is also handled via PvP missions and stopping your opponents from finishing their PvP missions. Can't really do that if you're in different shards.

This is the theory, but even in the two weeks of beta it did not bear out in practice. No.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

GoGoGadget posted:

If only any other MMO had solved this problem before.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
So, uh, I was looking forward to this but have been working all day and won’t be able to log on until late tonight or tomorrow.

My friends in another discord are already complaining that the people who got in early already have a huge advantage, bought all the good poo poo out the gate, and are just roaming in packs pubstomping everyone whose just logging in already.

Is that actually happening or are they being way overly dramatic.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Aerox posted:

So, uh, I was looking forward to this but have been working all day and won’t be able to log on until late tonight or tomorrow.

My friends in another discord are already complaining that the people who got in early already have a huge advantage, bought all the good poo poo out the gate, and are just roaming in packs pubstomping everyone whose just logging in already.

They also have bought all the early zone towns.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Aerox posted:

I mean it's a billionaire's mmo and they're using a single player engine for it.

e: this reminds me of shadowbane kinda

e2:
https://forums.newworld.com/t/official-petition-for-immediate-server-population-cap-increase/253351

They can't do it! Cryengine won't let them lol

Barreft fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Sep 29, 2021

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Don't lose internet for even a few seconds while waiting in the queue. It'll kick you out and restart your queue. Lol

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

VanillaGorilla posted:

The average wait to get into Royllo right now is about 2 hours. Amazing.

I joined the queue at 630 EST. It’s now 850 EST. In those 2 hours I went from 1500 to 715. The time to get in is closer to 4-5 hours. This is WoW at launch levels of bad and it’s completely self-imposed.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Territory control is 100% pointless outside of saving you a bit of time with fast travels and taxes when crafting, such depth, such amazing mechanics

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
My favorite part of New World was when I poopsocked launching, got in the guild, and then was kicked from the guild for reasons. I assume that reason was my long queue time? Not sure.

knox
Oct 28, 2004

I saw the extremely low population cap announced before launch and thought it was a joke/would certainly be changed. Why is there a 2k person cap on each server?

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

lmao that every server is 2k person capped. No one will ever get to play.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

knox posted:

I saw the extremely low population cap announced before launch and thought it was a joke/would certainly be changed. Why is there a 2k person cap on each server?

Cryengine

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Imagine complaining about queue times for an MMO launch. Just lol

At least the game is working and the servers aren't crashing constantly.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I launched the game a little after 5pm and got on in under an hour

Played borderlands 3 during the queue time too so not sure where the "you can't play anything else during the queue" is coming from lol

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

knox posted:

Because the designers of this game last played an MMO in 2006.

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

I mean they said like 5 hours ago they are going to increase it.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

GoGoGadget posted:

Imagine complaining about queue times for an MMO launch. Just lol

At least the game is working and the servers aren't crashing constantly.

Yeah, I didn't complain. I got in early, got an invite to the company, and left for lunch because I work for a living. Came back and got in the queue for 5 hours and I was kicked from the company. No explanation. Just how it is according to discord chat.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Kaddish posted:

Yeah, I didn't complain. I got in early, got an invite to the company, and left for lunch because I work for a living. Came back and got in the queue for 5 hours and I was kicked from the company. No explanation. Just how it is according to discord chat.

If you want to play with good people play FF14 or ESO. I'd advise against the Tesla of MMOs

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

is this true because lol

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Rhetorical questions only
Fun Shoe
The company limit is 100 so the leader has been kicking people who have been logged off for 7-8hrs to invite people who are logged in. Not sure how that is a good idea at all. But also not sure how you handle such low company limits... are there alliances?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

a dingus posted:

The company limit is 100 so the leader has been kicking people who have been logged off for 7-8hrs to invite people who are logged in.

wtf lol!

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

btw for those on the fence queue times are so long, and in steam at least they count towards your playtime. So don't expect a refund.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Yeah I was in the loving queue for 5 hours

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

Barreft posted:

btw for those on the fence queue times are so long, and in steam at least they count towards your playtime. So don't expect a refund.

Kaddish posted:

Yeah I was in the loving queue for 5 hours

LOL. Amazon'd

I just checked out Goon-East, still a 2k queue. I guess I could check out the west coast Placenta server to see if its any better.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Hughmoris posted:

LOL. Amazon'd

I just checked out Goon-East, still a 2k queue. I guess I could check out the west coast Placenta server to see if its any better.

It's so brazen but I guess they saw the Tesla/Star Citizen model and said why the gently caress not.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Lmao… even Asheron’s Call had more than 2k players per server at their peak.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Hughmoris posted:

the west coast Placenta server to see if its any better.

700+ and hours long. I'm not expecting to play tonight.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Ruggan posted:

Lmao… even Asheron’s Call had more than 2k players per server at their peak.

I'm sure they used a much better engine lol

Barreft fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Sep 29, 2021

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
Too bad Amazon doesn’t have better servers lmao

Please be kind to each other during this self-inflicted torture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
Everyone at AWS needs to commit sudoku for allowing this travesty to occur.