Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Tomorrow we get the trailer, I guess:

https://twitter.com/MarvelStudios/status/1442504301407002627

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I don't know why my brain works the way it does

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Is this the final episode?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

pik_d posted:

Is this the final episode?

I think there's one more after this one.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Arist posted:

I think there's one more after this one.

What if... you're wrong??

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Growing up watching loving horrorshows like this, I will never complain about mouths in modern animation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTQI_XjoSSY&t=105s

Apparently the show's creator wanted a cartoon that his deaf son could watch through lip-reading. Horrifying, but sweet.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/1442896893395230721
Looks like Nat's packing the Red Guardian's shield there. Is this the first Phase 4 reference?

Also it's interesting that we don't hear Ultron's voice. I can only hope this means we get Spader back.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Interested to see what the change is that allows Ultron to win. Because as he was in the movie he was a huge chump and never felt like he threatened any of the most powerful avengers at all.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Away all Goats posted:

Interested to see what the change is that allows Ultron to win. Because as he was in the movie he was a huge chump and never felt like he threatened any of the most powerful avengers at all.

Tony Stark slips on a banana peel and dies

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Wait, so we're potentially just getting a two-parter what if Ultron won? I think there was some kind of What if Tony Stark landed on Sakaar instead of Hulk? episode based on leaks/trailers/etc... ?

Edit: Oh, wait, could be wrapped up into one. Tony somehow gets to Sakkar a lot earlier than when The Hulk would have,, so then Ultron can win.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

I think some episodes got delayed into next season, so the Tony on Sakaar could be in Season 2 now.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Veotax posted:

I think some episodes got delayed into next season, so the Tony on Sakaar could be in Season 2 now.

My understanding is just one episode got moved to season 2. For some reason I was led to believe the episode would be another Captain Carter one, but I might be imagining that

I thought episode 8 was going to be about Gamora, so I am kind of shocked to see the Ultron one not be the finale

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I thought there were 10 episodes this season?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

DrBouvenstein posted:

Wait, so we're potentially just getting a two-parter what if Ultron won? I think there was some kind of What if Tony Stark landed on Sakaar instead of Hulk? episode based on leaks/trailers/etc... ?

Edit: Oh, wait, could be wrapped up into one. Tony somehow gets to Sakkar a lot earlier than when The Hulk would have,, so then Ultron can win.

I thiiiiink the idea is Tony gets trapped on Sakaar after flies through the portal during the Battle of New York, which raises the question, who builds Ultron? Just Bruce? Is that why it wins?

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

howe_sam posted:

I thiiiiink the idea is Tony gets trapped on Sakaar after flies through the portal during the Battle of New York, which raises the question, who builds Ultron? Just Bruce? Is that why it wins?

obviously hank pym does

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

The_Doctor posted:

I thought there were 10 episodes this season?

It was supposed to be 10 episodes but they cut one out and moved it to next season.

https://collider.com/what-if-episode-count-marvel-disney-plus-animated-show/
"We had to push an episode into Season 2. It was just, honestly, like everything else, that was a COVID impact. There was an episode that just wouldn't hit the completion date, but luckily we do get to see it in the second season of the show," said Winderbaum, who added that "Season 2 will also be 9," thereby confirming 18 episodes in total.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Spacebump posted:

I thought episode 8 was going to be about Gamora, so I am kind of shocked to see the Ultron one not be the finale

It's very possible that the Gamora we see in the promotional stuff is from Ultron's universe. Ultron would have to kill Thanos at some point and such a thing could affect how Gamora sees her father. I also wouldn't be surprised if Ultron would force Gamora to sacrifice Thanos for the Soul Stone, considering she's the only one who knows where it is and Ultron isn't exactly equipped to earn it himself.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Away all Goats posted:

I kind of feel like Age of Ultron is such a mess that there's a million places for him to "win". He could have become the Vision by winning that car chase. He could have killed Pietro and Wanda early or something and not had them turn on him. He could have killed Nat instead of being a Bond Villain with her and that could have created a ripple effect. Thor could have gotten back late from his vision quest or not at all. Hulk could have smashed Tony. The Avengers could have not gone to Hawkeye's farm and ended up held up by the government. Everything could have played out identically except he actually gets away at the end and then wins the second time.

Judging from the Vision body I'm guessing it happens early and once he gets that Vibranium body and an Infinity Stone its a whole new ball game. But also he might not even go to Sokovia. Its possible that as soon as he gets in touch with a Stone he fucks off to get the rest of them. I'm hoping we see that montage.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Away all Goats posted:

Probably would have helped if the major threat wasn't a made up city that was never introduced before.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

STAC Goat posted:

I kind of feel like Age of Ultron is such a mess that there's a million places for him to "win". He could have become the Vision by winning that car chase. He could have killed Pietro and Wanda early or something and not had them turn on him. He could have killed Nat instead of being a Bond Villain with her and that could have created a ripple effect. Thor could have gotten back late from his vision quest or not at all. Hulk could have smashed Tony. The Avengers could have not gone to Hawkeye's farm and ended up held up by the government. Everything could have played out identically except he actually gets away at the end and then wins the second time.

Judging from the Vision body I'm guessing it happens early and once he gets that Vibranium body and an Infinity Stone its a whole new ball game. But also he might not even go to Sokovia. Its possible that as soon as he gets in touch with a Stone he fucks off to get the rest of them. I'm hoping we see that montage.
It's worth noting there's that shot of a control room with screens that suggest global thermonuclear war, so perhaps he's also able to finally overcome Jarvis and launch the nukes.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Oh yeah, that too. He could kill Jarvis outright so he gets the codes. Or he could find a way to make Jarvis part of his programming or a lackey making him smarter. Or he could have actually had a plan when he attacked the Avengers at the party or got in a good shot on someone. There's like 6 fights in that movie and a zillion plot points and characters. So there's an infinite number of places for that one to branch off to somehow result in Ultron "winning".

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Good episode, but I was a bit disappointed in their Spader-Man soundalike. If they couldn’t get the Lizard King himself I feel like Taliesin Jaffe could have done a bang up job.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

After all these years of people making GBS threads on Star-Lord for ruining the big team-up plan, we can now poo poo on Vision for being an absolute slacker when Thanos showed up.

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

What if... :stare:

but also lmao at Thanos dying instantly and how his corpse is "perfectly balanced"

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Gavok posted:

After all these years of people making GBS threads on Star-Lord for ruining the big team-up plan, we can now poo poo on Vision for being an absolute slacker when Thanos showed up.

Seems like this episode made a couple of messes. Like, didn't they say in Loki that infinity stones don't work outside of their universe? Cause that didn't seem to stop Ultron.

And this is admittedly ticky tacky but Clint survived like a six story drop? What?

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Phylodox posted:

Good episode, but I was a bit disappointed in their Spader-Man soundalike. If they couldn’t get the Lizard King himself I feel like Taliesin Jaffe could have done a bang up job.

My interest in the episode pretty much instantly plummeted when it was evident Spader wasn’t doing the voice.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
I thought last week was the Silver Age Slobberknocker I thought I needed. This one eclipsed it. Just loving up cities with a brawl

The Grumbles
Jun 5, 2006

live with fruit posted:

Seems like this episode made a couple of messes. Like, didn't they say in Loki that infinity stones don't work outside of their universe? Cause that didn't seem to stop Ultron.

I thought it was more that they don't work in the TVA

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

live with fruit posted:

The only thing we learned from Loki was stones from any particular timeline/universe don't work inside the TVA. other universes are apparently still in play

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Marsupial Ape posted:

I thought last week was the Silver Age Slobberknocker I thought I needed. This one eclipsed it. Just loving up cities with a brawl

That loving slugfest was amazing.

jiffynuts
Jul 6, 2005

It's a-me-a-ha-me-ha

Dragonstoned posted:

What if... :stare:

but also lmao at Thanos dying instantly and how his corpse is "perfectly balanced"

I lol'd at that too. The second half of the episode was all :stare: :stare: :stare: :stare: :stare:.

One of my favorite moments was oh my god freaking Galactus! Which means, it's all canon right? Right?? (the look, the feels, etc) :suspense:

Had a feeling it was going to end where it did (and how it did). Freaking fantastic episode. Can't wait for next week's.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

jiffynuts posted:

I lol'd at that too. The second half of the episode was all :stare: :stare: :stare: :stare: :stare:.

One of my favorite moments was oh my god freaking Galactus! Which means, it's all canon right? Right?? (the look, the feels, etc) :suspense:

Had a feeling it was going to end where it did (and how it did). Freaking fantastic episode. Can't wait for next week's.

Wait, where was Galactus?

Also, I initially thought the box with Zola's folder in it had a folder on Charles Xavier, but it was just something in Russian.

DiscoJ
Jun 23, 2003

aBagorn posted:

The only thing we learned from Loki was stones from any particular timeline/universe don't work inside the TVA. other universes are apparently still in play

I don't know, it's kinda funny to see how Loki was tricked in that way, but if the stones really could be taken to any timeline and still work you'd think the TVA would still consider them dangerous artifacts, not trinkets.

jiffynuts
Jul 6, 2005

It's a-me-a-ha-me-ha

Technowolf posted:

Wait, where was Galactus?

Go here, should be a few videos up top, there's clips on YouTube already as well.

https://www.google.com/search?q=wha...chrome&ie=UTF-8

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
They killed Tony again, 10/10

jiffynuts
Jul 6, 2005

It's a-me-a-ha-me-ha

jiffynuts posted:

Go here, should be a few videos up top, there's clips on YouTube already as well.

https://www.google.com/search?q=wha...chrome&ie=UTF-8

Ok, I take that back. I guess that's really Ultron. I could swear that it wasn't but I guess if you frame by frame it you can make out the details. Now I'm bummed. :(

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
"What if the Watcher Had to Throw Hands?"

Fun episode, but count me as a another person disappointed by the Ultron sound alike.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Teek posted:

"What if the Watcher Had to Throw Hands?"

Fun episode, but count me as a another person disappointed by the Ultron sound alike.

Yeah, I would have been happier if they had actually leaned away from it.

That aside, I really liked this as a set up for the finale.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Surprised that the version of Gamora with Thanos' armour seen in the team up in the trailers doesn't seem to be getting a full episode and is just there. Maybe her back story is next season, or maybe she's just there to fill out the team?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
They could've just had Bettany do it. Say him absorbing Jarvis changed his voice.