Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
Their new CTO (chief technical officer) -- the only C-level technical position in the typical corporation -- will not in fact be a technical person, but an Ads man, so buckle up it's probably gonna get weirder :notfunny:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Turin Turambar posted:

https://uploadvr.com/lone-echo-ii-launching-october/
Oct 12, same day as RE4VR. Oculus has the weirdest game marketing team ever.

RE4VR is Oct 21

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Tip posted:

RE4VR is Oct 21

12, 21... I got the numbers rights! Just missing the order.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Americans do their dates the opposite way around, we all make that mistake occasionally.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Turin Turambar posted:

12, 21... I got the numbers rights! Just missing the order.

No worries, I don't dyslexia-shame, just didn't want anyone to be crushingly disappointed on the 12th.

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM
For those of you nerds with tackers and stuff, and enjoy soccer.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1370130/Rezzil_Index__Lite/

I'm blown away. I pretty much kicked balls for 3 hours yesterday and probably will again today. As someone who grew up playing soccer this is pretty amazing honestly.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

EbolaIvory posted:

For those of you nerds with tackers and stuff, and enjoy soccer.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1370130/Rezzil_Index__Lite/

I'm blown away. I pretty much kicked balls for 3 hours yesterday and probably will again today. As someone who grew up playing soccer this is pretty amazing honestly.

for a second there i thought this was either some really next level algorithms or used inside-out to track feet. nope, just trackers. shame!

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Leaks for 'Valve Deckard'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dp42lQYVzwo

WaterIsPoison
Nov 5, 2009

The Eyes Have It posted:

Their new CTO (chief technical officer) -- the only C-level technical position in the typical corporation -- will not in fact be a technical person, but an Ads man, so buckle up it's probably gonna get weirder :notfunny:

He's been in charge of FRL (Oculus) for several years now.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Got one of the Oculus 30% coupons today, but it expires before Lone Echo or RE4 sadly. Thinking I might snag I Expect You to Die 2, never played the first but it looks pretty fun.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

hell yeah

I mean cmon, DECKARD, that's a pretty inspired name.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

KakerMix posted:

hell yeah

I mean cmon, DECKARD, that's a pretty inspired name.

the knuckles became the "index controllers" so I'm sure the the deckard will get an equally exciting name change

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Waiting on the Valve Cain.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Sounds like rather than shooting for a Quest 2 "console" gaming headset it's going to be more of a VR standalone "desktop" headset, if that makes sense? Something with SteamOS that can run professional apps as well as games.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I mean wasn't the expectation that they were going to do the Steam Deck but VR? Basically fits that description exactly.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
holy poo poo if they get kwin xrdesktop working nicely i'm just buying this and getting rid of my monitor. now i'm suddenly glad there's no good high refresh 4k screens on the market and i didn't waste my cash lmfao

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Truga posted:

holy poo poo if they get kwin xrdesktop working nicely i'm just buying this and getting rid of my monitor. now i'm suddenly glad there's no good high refresh 4k screens on the market and i didn't waste my cash lmfao

Which remind me, I saw before this 'blog advert' from Immersed. Obviously take it with a pinch of salt, but it was interesting
https://blog.immersed.team/working-from-orbit-39bf95a6d385

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
when i first upgraded to vive pro and booted virtual desktop i was like "well, this is almost good enough, but i'm still limited to a single desktop instead of freely floating windows"

xrdesktop delivered that, but it was rather janky to use and i was still on windows back then. if they're getting to the point where they're thinking about shipping it in a consumer product maybe i should work harder on finding the goddamn vr cable and try it out again. also ffs htc, the vive pro cable's been out of stock forever apparently

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:
Does anyone else feel that when Synth Riders gets intense your hands/brain hemispheres are just both working independently of each other instead of together like normal? It's a weird experience.

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Sounds like rather than shooting for a Quest 2 "console" gaming headset it's going to be more of a VR standalone "desktop" headset, if that makes sense? Something with SteamOS that can run professional apps as well as games.

A standalone x86 headset sounds a hell of a lot more appealing to develop for than some android platform at least.

chippy
Aug 16, 2006

OK I DON'T GET IT

Xaintrailles posted:

Does anyone else feel that when Synth Riders gets intense your hands/brain hemispheres are just both working independently of each other instead of together like normal? It's a weird experience.

I've noticed something similar in Beat Saber in certain songs. I play various instruments and it feels the same to me as when you're playing something where your hands/limbs work independently (like piano, or drums) as opposed to where they work together (e.g. guitar).

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

chippy posted:

I've noticed something similar in Beat Saber in certain songs. I play various instruments and it feels the same to me as when you're playing something where your hands/limbs work independently (like piano, or drums) as opposed to where they work together (e.g. guitar).

Same here. It also feels like juggling patterns a lot of the time, it makes me wonder if you could teach juggling patterns with maps that make you do the movements. If I had more time on my hands I'd probably try it!

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

I guess it depends on the song. You can do one where both arms are very coordinated, you can done another song where the actions are different but the overall rhythm is the same, and you can do a track where the pace and movements of each songs are wholly distinct.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=booAAS-JRLc

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Wasn’t the PCVR version not good?

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

From what I can tell it was very bare bones and compared to Alyx, BW or S&S it was too little for a full $60 price point.

They still have it listed at $60. gently caress that I’ll replay Sniper Elite.

OctaviusBeaver
Apr 30, 2009

Say what now?
The Oculus guy on Reddit says it's going to launch at $40 on the Quest. If the MP is populated I could see springing for that.

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I wasn't a 60$ game but it wasn't a bad game.

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

I think I like Synth Riders more than Beat Saber. Unfortunately it means I'm listening to swing music in the '20s. The Muse music video track thing was really cool.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

I got a OCULUS30 code, but of course it will expire before Lone Echo 2 and before RE4VR are out. Mmm decisions...

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Chainclaw posted:

I think I like Synth Riders more than Beat Saber. Unfortunately it means I'm listening to swing music in the '20s. The Muse music video track thing was really cool.

"Unfortunately"? :colbert:

Alctel
Jan 16, 2004

I love snails

Turin Turambar posted:

I got a OCULUS30 code, but of course it will expire before Lone Echo 2 and before RE4VR are out. Mmm decisions...

I still haven't got any of those :(

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Alctel posted:

I still haven't got any of those :(

I think I'm getting one every... 5 months or so?

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

Jack Trades posted:

"Unfortunately"? :colbert:

I wasn't prepared to learn something new about myself.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Oh hey, the VR Ears have all finally shipped out :peanut:. Shipping time is apparently 10-15 days and I'm not at all fretting over whether they'll turn out to be as good as they claim while my set is enroute. :ohdear:

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Sweet Surrender (fps roguelite) and Neverboard (social board games thingie) are out in Oculus store. The last one give one free game and other three are to be paid.

Unplugged track list is out:

Larcenauts has a new map and new hero.

Blaston has a free weekend on Steam, and a new update with new weapon and new mode.

Walkabout minigolf new map is out, and something I didn't notice from the trailer, there are wind mechanics.

Surv1v3 is added to Viveport Infinity.

Not a bad day for VR.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

https://www.reddit.com/r/OculusQuest/comments/pxzrid/medal_of_honor_above_and_beyond_quest_2_announce/hev9e6f/

Well, at least it's cross buy.

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

Is it possible to buy just one index controller? The thumbstick on the left controller gets stuck when I move it right. I think it's out of warranty now and the right controller is fine.

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

Zeriel posted:

Is it possible to buy just one index controller? The thumbstick on the left controller gets stuck when I move it right. I think it's out of warranty now and the right controller is fine.

Put in a ticket anyways. They may offer it free, and or at a cost to repair/replace.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

It's also 45GB on Quest!
https://www.androidcentral.com/medal-honor-above-and-beyond-quest-2