Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

I didn't know anything about Lemnis Gate. Decided to try it out but it's apparently a multiplayer only game. With 1v1 or 2v2 modes.
Haven't tried it yet but that doesn't sound very enticing to me.

John F Bennett fucked around with this message at 10:34 on Sep 29, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

John F Bennett posted:

I didn't know anything about Lemnis Gate. Decided to try it out but it's apparently a multiplayer only game. With 1v1 or 2v2 modes.
Haven't tried it yet but that doesn't very enticing to me.

It's very weird. It's like a3d version of that frozen synapse game.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Mr. Neutron posted:

Series S has never not been in stock over here ever since launch.

Personally I fail to see the target customer for sS but Microsoft is smarter than me I guess.

I got it as a gift but it was my first xbox and is basically a gamepass machine and not bad at all for that

I bounced incredibly hard off Castlevania HD like... 10 years ago but a lot of people whose gaming opinions I align with say it's actually good. Honestly the kind of 360 game I wanna see because PS3 library is basically dead unless they remake stuff for the PS5 and a lot of 360/PS3 stuff didn't age all that well anyway

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Its really weird that they named 2 very different castlevania games harmony of [word that starts with D]

mfny
Aug 17, 2008
So been looking over my friends list since I returned to Xbox and had a "clear out" (having a live account for over 10 years is fun..) but its not made easy to work out who is who after such a long time. If you are a still active goon who got culled then I am sorry ?

Also GT reminder : S1Nx81, add me :)

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

New Outer Wilds DLC is good and definitely worth 15 bucks if anybody got into that game a few years ago.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Real hurthling! posted:

Its really weird that they named 2 very different castlevania games harmony of [word that starts with D]

With the PS3/360 one "HD" makes sense because it was the first time it wasn't like, 240p resolution wise

With the GBA one "Dissonance" makes sense because the music sounds like a pile of poo poo run through a midi randomizer

Barudak
May 7, 2007

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

With the PS3/360 one "HD" makes sense because it was the first time it wasn't like, 240p resolution wise

With the GBA one "Dissonance" makes sense because the music sounds like a pile of poo poo run through a midi randomizer

The new Advanced collection allows for "HD sound" when playing Harmony of Dissonance and turns out thats an unpolishable turd

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Barudak posted:

The new Advanced collection allows for "HD sound" when playing Harmony of Dissonance and turns out thats an unpolishable turd

I didn't know this and I own the game but I am not surprised that the Dissonance soundtrack is still terrible. Like I remember being surprised 20 years ago but I opened it now and was like holy poo poo this is "mute the game" bad

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I didn't know this and I own the game but I am not surprised that the Dissonance soundtrack is still terrible. Like I remember being surprised 20 years ago but I opened it now and was like holy poo poo this is "mute the game" bad

But look at how many large rotating sprites could be on screen at once without slowdown!!!

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

it's a gba game of course it sounds like poo poo

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Yes. This is one of the first songs that plays in the game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIhURMAw-8c

This is the version that plays over the end credits. Guess they had some storage space left on the cartridge by having such a low fidelity for the rest of their soundtrack.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxCUUdys9zY

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Sep 29, 2021

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

Mother 3

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

No no you don’t understand

https://youtu.be/KA0vaJuiSy0

This is what a gba game sounds like

Click the link above this post, it’s bad even for gba game standards

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
New Insider Update Preview adds 4k support to the dashboard on Series.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

The Kins posted:

New Insider Update Preview adds 4k support to the dashboard on Series.

Very excited for this, my TV gets weird for a few secs every time I go between game and dashboard. Hoping this will smooth that out

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
Discs are like vampires. Keep em out of the sun and don't smear garlic all over them and they'll be alright

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

John F Bennett posted:

Haven't tried it yet but that doesn't sound very enticing to me.

Was meditating on this post for a long time while I was out running this morning, and at last I have returned with an answer: Ligma Taint

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

exquisite tea posted:

Was meditating on this post for a long time while I was out running this morning, and at last I have returned with an answer: Ligma Taint

I don't know what this means. I will meditate on it as well during my own run tomorrow morning.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

beggar posted:

Very excited for this, my TV gets weird for a few secs every time I go between game and dashboard. Hoping this will smooth that out

Same. Every time the tv flickers for a moment I think oh gently caress it’s broken. I can’t imagine switching between modes super frequently is ‘good’ for the tv but this will at least ease my electronics anxiety :derp:

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

beggar posted:

The page doesn't mention HDR, so this might not help at all. Currently HDR is the thing missing from the dashboard that's causing those video mode changes; the resolution isn't an issue because the Xbox upscales it to 4K anyway. If you kept HDR disabled altogether, you wouldn't get those mode changes.

Zat fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Sep 29, 2021

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Dolby Vision seems really good. Though it may just be because I had done a poor job of calibrating the hdr before this update.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
XCloud launches in Brazil and Mexico "later today", and in Australia and Japan on October 1 (aka tomorrow).

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh
I didn't realise STALKER 2 is going to be on Game Pass when it's released, happy days.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Finally, I can use gamecloud on my PC in Japan, sadly it does not cloud me PC titles my computer struggles with, like Quake

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Also from Tokyo Game Show: Scarlet Nexus is coming to Game Pass... today! With AI: The Sominum Files and Mighty Goose coming at some other point.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

The Kins posted:

Also from Tokyo Game Show: Scarlet Nexus is coming to Game Pass... today! With AI: The Sominum Files and Mighty Goose coming at some other point.

All of those are today.

AI: The Somnium Files is nice. I enjoyed it.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
The patient gamer is undefeated.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The Kins posted:

Hell yeah not paying for crap Bandai games pays off

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
That’s awesome since I was gonna buy Scarlet Nexus once I finished AC Valhalla.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

The Kins posted:

thank you game pass. thank you xbox.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

The Kins posted:

Also from Tokyo Game Show: Scarlet Nexus is coming to Game Pass... today!

I bought it mere two weeks ago :( (on a discount but still)

American McGay posted:

The patient gamer is undefeated.

:negative:

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

WattsvilleBlues posted:

I didn't realise STALKER 2 is going to be on Game Pass when it's released, happy days.

Im looking forward to this too. Fingers crossed it’s not a Eurojank mess.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY

Blue Raider posted:

Fingers crossed it’s not a Eurojank mess.

Part of the charm.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

why would you want a STALKER game that isn't eurojank :confused:

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Hey now I’m a big fan of Eurojank in general, but there’s a point where it completely breaks a game. The old Stalker games were kind of like that. Kingdom Come Deliverance was like that too, and I absolutely love that game. See also: Gothic and Risen games.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Almost all Namco stuff (eventually) comes to game pass. Give it a year and that new Tales game’ll prob be on it too.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

my #1 biggest want on xbox is a kingdom come FPS boost, such a cool game but it feels like shiiiit to play on console

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Quantum of Phallus posted:

my #1 biggest want on xbox is a kingdom come FPS boost, such a cool game but it feels like shiiiit to play on console

Are they even adding titles to fps boost any more?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Same, it's in my wishlist and every other month I see it discounted to 9.99 but no boost. I loved it on PS4 but I can't go back to 30fps I just can't, don't make me go back.