Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

cool av posted:

i hate cars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
cars are bad

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
my nephew can’t get enough of cars

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

a.lo posted:

has your nephew heard of video games

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

Kind of ironic that in America you need to live close to busy traffic to drive yourself less.

I like being able to walk everywhere and have dependable public transportation and rail near me.

Do not like living right next to roads with cars on them.

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

what’s not to like about being as good as dead if you venture 5 feet straight ahead of your front door?

it’s like those houses on eroding cliff faces everyone makes fun of, but every house.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

I hate cars (except for station wagons)

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

actionjackson posted:

I hate cars (except for station wagons)

:hfive: wagon gang

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Blockade posted:

Kind of ironic that in America you need to live close to busy traffic to drive yourself less.

I like being able to walk everywhere and have dependable public transportation and rail near me.

Do not like living right next to roads with cars on them.

I tell myself I walk to work because it's a good time for fresh air, sunshine, and mental reflection (and it is outside of commuting times) but the reality is that I'm getting buzzed by F150s and Suburbans the entire time.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Fitzy Fitz posted:

I know, but actual scooters.

These are called electric scooters, they've existed for a while.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
i think we should nuke europe to ashes for the crime of inventing the horseless carriage

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

unfortunately American hates wagon because they aren't four ton SUVs, so the only brands that make them now are luxury ones (bmw, audi, mb, volvo). I have a 2011 audi wagon that I bought used 7.5 years ago. In those 7.5 years I've put on 20k miles lol. It's great for MN weather, but gently caress timing chains

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

a.lo posted:

a phase

hot wheels always are fun, until he bears the crushing adult responsibility of owning a car as a liability.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Fitzy Fitz posted:

I tell myself I walk to work because it's a good time for fresh air, sunshine, and mental reflection (and it is outside of commuting times) but the reality is that I'm getting buzzed by F150s and Suburbans the entire time.

best part of my former one mile walk "commute" was that it was pretty quiet, except for when I walked over 94 and saw cars piling up in traffic starting at 2 pm :laffo: which owned

it's an area of Minneapolis called spaghetti junction, where 94 and 35W run parallel for a short time, and it's a total clusterfuck

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer

actionjackson posted:

best part of my former one mile walk "commute" was that it was pretty quiet, except for when I walked over 94 and saw cars piling up in traffic starting at 2 pm :laffo: which owned

it's an area of Minneapolis called spaghetti junction, where 94 and 35W run parallel for a short time, and it's a total clusterfuck

hope you wore a p100 respirator over that section

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

https://twitter.com/JoeCutrufo/status/1442119334663532545

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

rt4 posted:

hope you wore a p100 respirator over that section

lol

but in all seriousness that was pre-covid

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

i loving hate cars

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

i loving hate cars

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

why don't you try shooting them

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

ben shapino posted:

I like posting too much

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

ben shapino posted:

do cars count as a political enemy?

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

do cars count as a political enemy?

absolutely.

enemy combatants, invasive species, political enemies ect...

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

Can you run over cars legally if you have an even larger vehicle? That relationship holds for cars and smaller vehicles

I do have access to a bulldozer

edit:

Forgot the current drama, dear FBI/CIA/DMV/etc, I do not plan to run over cars with a bulldozer like some sort of cartoon character thank u

Blockade has issued a correction as of 17:04 on Sep 29, 2021

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

i got a vw golf all track. its my sensible AWD family vehicle that isnt an suv. It loving sucks that everything is an SUV.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

i got a vw golf all track. its my sensible AWD family vehicle that isnt an suv. It loving sucks that everything is an SUV.

that's cool, too bad even loving VW has stopped selling wagons in the US now lol

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Blockade posted:

Can you run over cars legally if you have an even larger vehicle? That relationship holds for cars and smaller vehicles

I do have access to a bulldozer

edit:

Forgot the current drama, dear FBI/CIA/DMV/etc, I do not plan to run over cars with a bulldozer like some sort of cartoon character thank u

beep! beeeep!

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

its grimly funny that the killdozer town, which has less than 2k people living in it, still manages a five lane stroad through the city center

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer

actionjackson posted:

lol

but in all seriousness that was pre-covid

for the exhaust particles

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

actionjackson posted:

that's cool, too bad even loving VW has stopped selling wagons in the US now lol

yep. its a 2020, the last year that model existed. its also a manual. i got it for cheap because it had 3 previous owners but only had 6k miles on it. i assume previous people couldnt handle the manual or they wanted an suv.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

rt4 posted:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

rt4 posted:

true, i don't want that stuff in my lungs *takes an enormous rip from my bong which hasn't been cleaned in weeks*

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

true, i don't want that stuff in my lungs *takes an enormous rip from my bong which hasn't been cleaned in weeks*

Plant particulates are a bit different from fossil fuel particulates both in terms of carcinogenic factor, consent, and volume of externalities.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Do rubber fumes from tires count as plant particulates

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Do rubber fumes from tires count as plant particulates

they’re virtually all synthetic based now so no

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

Plant particulates are a bit different from fossil fuel particulates both in terms of carcinogenic factor, consent, and volume of externalities.

taking bong hits has no negative effect on your lungs

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

actionjackson posted:

taking bong hits has no negative effect on your lungs

the life expectancy in this country is already so fuckin long i have absolutely no plans on living that long so i say bring it on

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

there is one coffee shop in walking distance of my house and i walked there, it was nice, wish there were more places to walk to! and, moreover, sidewalks.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Peanut President posted:

i think we should nuke europe to ashes for the crime of inventing the horseless carriage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

the life expectancy in this country is already so fuckin long

at the rate things are going the life expectancy is prob like 41 now