Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
favourite number
This poll is closed.
835 3 2.29%
2 14 10.69%
3,400,981 17 12.98%
11 19 14.50%
21 13 9.92%
7070 12 9.16%
58008 53 40.46%
Total: 131 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1-HAs4JSBE

This is very funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Melty is gonna own so hard

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Also speaking of FG stuff

https://twitter.com/BogardMajeed/status/1442998793016905732

Please be BBCF with rollback :pray:

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Bought the spyro remaster in the steam sale. Its gorgeous!

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Rarity posted:

Pure is an ATV racing game where you have to bust a ton of tricks off ramps to get boosts to get better tricks to get better boosts. It's basically SSX on four wheels, complete with the 00s indie soundtrack. It's pretty fun, the coolest part is that the race courses are really open with a ton of different racing lines to choose from so you can find the route that's best for you. The courses are also really neat. So far I've gone round the Italian Alps, a dormant volcano in New Zealand, dunes in the Nevada desert and a lush Hawaiian island. There's even a freestyle mode where you need to bust out tricks for points till you run out of gas. Also it's made by Disney for some reason??? All in all it's a decent racer that sorta but not quite fills the Burnout hole in my heart
Pure was during one of those "on again" periods of game development where Disney owned a bunch of game studios and had them actually release games, it was around the time of Split/Second, the very underrated disaster racer which sounds like it would be like Burnout but actually feels very different.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCkGIhskEjs

I don't know how much of it is the fairly unique dual stick weight shift control scheme but Pure really feels far and away better than any other ATV game I've ever played. It's just a very nice feel that none of the endless MX vs ATV sequels have never recaptured. Too bad about that securom on PC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gUgudO2keI

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Bought the spyro remaster in the steam sale. Its gorgeous!

YOU'RE gorgeous!

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

The English cast has been revealed for SMT 5:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=RBjMUHl_Qyo

Incidentally, I’m only really that familiar with the Persona series. Are the SMT games decent as well?

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

smt 3 nocturne is better than any persona game and is the best jrpg ever made

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Stux posted:

smt 3 nocturne is better than any persona game and is the best jrpg ever made

strange way to spell smt strange journey

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

wuggles posted:

To be clear is a “bowsette weirdo” a normal person who likes bowsette, or a weirdo who complains about her

yes

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Simone how did D&D go?

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

to be specific, a "bowsette weirdo" is someone who has any opinion about bowsette at all

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
simply using the word "bowsette" is enough sometimes. it's like roko's bowselisk

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

english voices...I guess I liked most of the nocturne ones

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Simone how did D&D go?

haha

it was a teenage DM... literally nobody even asked my name or my character's name the whole night... just "oh, you're a Rogue? good, we need DPS" there was no pretense of "role playing" whatsoever... just dice rolling... there was some body odor, some unfortunate politics... i left early haha

finding cool people is literally impossible

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

haveblue posted:

simply using the word "bowsette" is enough sometimes. it's like roko's bowselisk

Toadinger's Bowsette

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Simone Magus posted:

haha

it was a teenage DM... literally nobody even asked my name or my character's name the whole night... just "oh, you're a Rogue? good, we need DPS" there was no pretense of "role playing" whatsoever... just dice rolling... there was some body odor, some unfortunate politics... i left early haha

lol yeah that sucks and sounds like a lot of D&D games where people just want to roll dice and do combat simulator instead of the (to me) fun part, which is role-playing.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
That sucks and it does take a lot of luck to stumble across a good group.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Simone Magus posted:

haha

wtf I thought the whole point of D&D was the character playing aspect - didn't know folk treated it like warhammer and dryly kept trying to roll sixes to mathematically win

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:smuggo:: it's because all the tedious nerds play D&D and not good TTRPGs

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

JollyBoyJohn posted:

wtf I thought the whole point of D&D was the character playing aspect - didn't know folk treated it like warhammer and dryly kept trying to roll sixes to mathematically win

yeah it sucks rear end those people would be way happier playing some sort of wargame probably

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

JollyBoyJohn posted:

There are bunch of tabletop rpgs that have very fun tactical combat and have that as the focus but the current edition edition of D&D is definitely not one of those

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

JollyBoyJohn posted:

D&D's actual mechanical foundation has always skewed it towards serving as a combat simulator, despite vague attempts to disguise it through natural language and the theater-of-the-mind presentation. There's plenty of other systems out there, especially in the modern era, whose mechanics are intended to foster roleplaying and minimize the focus on combat, but D&D got its foot in the cultural door first, and it's what most people turn to for their TTRPG needs, even when it's an ill fit.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

:smuggo:: it's because all the tedious nerds play D&D and not good TTRPGs

this but unironically

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Simone Magus posted:

haha

that stinks. it sounds like they would rather be playing chainmail. or like, icewind dale for pc

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I roleplay every time I post

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

one time when i was playing dnd i was the only one in the group paying attention to where the walls were being drawn on the dry erase grid we were using so my character got +10 to spotting fake walls. fun times

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Rarity posted:

I roleplay every time I post

"I put on my boots and wrestling singlet"

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Guess I really am out of touch

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

try as other games might, it's still Picross 3D Round 2

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I remember when I played shadowrun for a bit and we spent 3 sessions with 2 of the players not wanting to progress because they wanted to make a 1000% foolproof can't-possibly-fail plan for a heist. The GM kept telling them that they were going to likely run into some kind of resistance or problem somewhere along the way but instead of going ahead with the heist, the 2 players just kept spending their turns rolling and preparing to roll to try and make the heist a cakewalk. This left me and the other player who weren't on the planning team to just telling the GM every so often that we were resting or working our day jobs since there wasn't anything else we could do.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

the actual bracket is hilarious in a "which gamer joker are you?" way

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I'm glad we finally know what the best video game of all time is

e) best first round upset is Burnout 3 over Chrono Trigger which is the entirely correct choice

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Lol

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

overwatch is a candidate for best video game of all time in a universe where it only has to compete with the mock-up video games played in episodes of NCIS and Law & Order: SVU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

hatty posted:

Guess I really am out of touch

This hurts me

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

The 7th Guest posted:

the actual bracket is hilarious in a "which gamer joker are you?" way

i'm "what is Rise of the Tomb Raider and how did it beat out Half Life 2" joker

e: also RIP Shadow of the Colossus

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I think there was some drama when undertale won the prestigious gamefaqs best game ever contest

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
the true Gamer's final is Burnout 3 vs Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
It's not like you can even point to GTA V's sales as a testament to how much gamers love the game because a huge chunk...if not THE chunk of sales are just for GTA Online currency after a certain point. It became cheaper to just buy V than buy the actual funny money separately.