Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

Is Mermaids still a good charity to donate to? I need to get rid of some beetles and fancy woodlice and will do so for a donation in lieu of payment.

(if anyone wants some beetles or fancy woodlice maybe drop me a line or whatever)

Sanford fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Sep 29, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

peanut- posted:

Taking hard swings at the SNP is interesting.
It was in his 14k-word beige paint swatch; pretty much the only thing he showed any spark about, because far more important to the Establishment than ending poverty or having working public services is preserving the Union. Where would they go grouse shooting and park nuclear submarines otherwise?

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

TIL there is such a thing as designer bred woodlice I guess :gonk:

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

feedmegin posted:

Sanford posted:

List of Fancy Woodlice I Own in Order of How Much I Like Them, With Pictures

1) Armadillidium maculatum

2) Armadillidium klugii montenegro

3) Armadillidium vulgare

4) Porcellio laevis "orange"

5) Cubaris murina

6) Porcellio laevis "dairy cow"

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Shaun Ryder trending on twitter is quite funny if you want some light relief :pluto:

https://twitter.com/fifigabor04/status/1443199367792496642?s=20

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Kind of wishing I’d watched the speech to see the delivery in this, I’m sure it was inspirational

https://twitter.com/ayocaesar/status/1443192229523345416?s=21

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back
:3:

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

feedmegin posted:

what's with that face, woodlice are cute

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Shaun Ryder trending on twitter is quite funny if you want some light relief :pluto:

https://twitter.com/fifigabor04/status/1443199367792496642?s=20

Awesome, love it

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

What do they do?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I think of these arthropods as my woodlice. The word lice, from which that idea comes, is another word for arena.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Jedit posted:

Can you smell what the Ed Stone is cooking?

On that note, I actually found something funny while I was out and about a while back.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edstone

Presumably this is where they put it, or alternatively it was sent back in time and the village is named after it :v:

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
we calls them slaters round these parrrts

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
Much, much, much more important news than some gin-blossomed middle manager whining in a big room - GamesMaster is coming back, with Rob Florence:

https://twitter.com/GamesRadar/status/1443170368819286020

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Not sure I've ever heard him called Rob before. Sounds wrong. He's Rab.

Anyway, good that Gamesmaster is keeping up its Scots quota, & Rab is considerably less obnoxious than Dominik Diamond.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Will Dominik Diamond be assuming the titular role?

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

forkboy84 posted:

Not sure I've ever heard him called Rob before. Sounds wrong. He's Rab.

Anyway, good that Gamesmaster is keeping up its Scots quota, & Rab is considerably less obnoxious than Dominik Diamond.

I agonised on that because I know him as Rab too but his twitter handle is Rob and he's called Rob in that tweet so decided to go with it, possibly with an unconscious worry that it was cultural appropriation for me to call him Rab.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

keep punching joe posted:

Will Dominik Diamond be assuming the titular role?

If anyone's suited to play a tit it's him.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

The CLOWN STORE called, they've run out of YOU

https://twitter.com/BBCNews/status/1443170187763716104

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Oh no, has something happened to big Jim? :ohdear:

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

more evidence that we are living in a simulation

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

sinky posted:

In this case the solution was him not being a cop anymore because he had multiple allegations of indecent exposure against him, one of them a few days before the murder.
But lol at the police investigating themselves.

that wouldn't have stopped him going out and murdering a woman, though

at the very most he'd have had to use a fake ID rather than a legitimate one

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
The GB sticker is dead. Long live the UK sticker.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It might, conceivably, have marginally increased the possibility that the police might have arrested him for it.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I'm surprised that it wasn't the other way around, it's always been Britain that's tried to use UK for things (domain names, olympics, international branding) and ISO/Ireland/everyone else that prefers GB.

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
Can’t believe I voted for Keith gently caress this I just want to go back

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Guavanaut posted:

I'm surprised that it wasn't the other way around, it's always been Britain that's tried to use UK for things (domain names, olympics, international branding) and ISO/Ireland/everyone else that prefers GB.

We use Team GB for all of our Olympic and other international athletics, and the ISO doesn't impose the two-letter codes, they're chosen by the member standard organisation unless there's a clash. The UK domain name thing was literally because we were the first ccTLD and Jon Postel and whoever was in charge of JANET just went "Yeah, .uk I suppose". There *is* a .gb ccTLD which IIRC is used for exactly one government-owned domain.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Will continue to use the 'Ecosse' sticker on the bumper of my hypothetical car.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

crispix posted:

we calls them slaters round these parrrts

Chucky Pigs!

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Also Sandford it took me a while to parse it that you were not threatening to send mermaids your woodlice if people didn't give you money to stop you.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
I thought they meant that they were just going to give all the woodlice directly to Mermaids. Which, while it's a very kind thought, may not be appreciated as they cascade through the letter box.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Aidan_702 posted:

Can’t believe I voted for Keith gently caress this I just want to go back

Keith with the incredibly strong play of outright admitting he’ll lie to anyone about anything to gain power and you shouldn’t trust him as far as you could throw him. Let’s see how it plays out with the electorate :smithicide:

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
https://twitter.com/PickardJE/status/1443181553165774848
https://twitter.com/PickardJE/status/1443188468838981637
Perhaps Blair, realizing that there's no support for his own return to leadership, has opted to possess Keith and run the party through his new spirit vessel instead?

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Drone_Fragger posted:

Let’s see how it plays out with the electorate :smithicide:

They love being lied to, as long as the liar is wearing steeltoed boots and wrapped in a big union fleg.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

The DUP were fully booked elsewhere... untrustworthy folk.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Education is very important which is why it does you so much good in life in 2021.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

keep punching joe posted:

They love being lied to, as long as the liar is wearing steeltoed boots and wrapped in a big union fleg.

Imagine a Union Jack patterned jackboot stamping on a human mouth that’s licking the boot forever

Gambrinus
Mar 1, 2005
Some of you very kindly helped me out a few months ago when I poo poo myself* and buried my head in the sand when I got overpaid by work. That's all sorted out now. Thank you very much.

*metaphorically

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

THATS IT! THIS IS THE LAST STRAW! REVOLUTION NOW!

Deketh
Feb 26, 2006
That's a nice fucking fish

Sanford posted:

Is Mermaids still a good charity to donate to? I need to get rid of some beetles and fancy woodlice and will do so for a donation in lieu of payment.

(if anyone wants some beetles or fancy woodlice maybe drop me a line or whatever)

Are you a woodlice expert? I keep getting the little guys in my (rented) bungalow. I think there are various gaps in the building fabric they come in through, any tips on dealing with that? Sealing the gaps isn't gonna happen but is there something I can spread around that they don't like?
They aren't nearly as fancy as your fellows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Gambrinus posted:

Some of you very kindly helped me out a few months ago when I poo poo myself* and buried my head in the sand when I got overpaid by work. That's all sorted out now. Thank you very much.

*metaphorically

Being goons we're full of great advice if you do it non-metaphorically too, just in case you ever need help with that.