Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

A guy I know was upset that someone else higher on the waiver order picked Josh up, so he posted this to the league:

quote:

I was not aware someone else was high on him, but I do hope he rips the competition and gets moved to the main squad where he can bud with Kelce and co. Most likely KC will need to agree to it, but I hope it will be a joint decision.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
A guy in my league loves really stupid complicated trades. It's never one-for-one or two-for-one with him, it's always something like this:

(I'm Cobra Kyler.)

I don't even know how to assess this offer. "Would you like to trade half your team for half my team?" Like... I can't even remotely tell who would come out ahead here.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Most of that doesn't matter, it's Reek, Carson, and Higgins for CMC (and the shell of Michael Thomas I guess) and I don't think you come out ahead there cause CMC is missing more time, right?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Yea that’s a very bad trade for you

Usually when people offer trades like that 90% of the players involved are just there to disguise the actual trade.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
Yeah you’re basically gimping yourself for the next 3-4 weeks in hopes that you’ll be beastly afterwards, which is still just like a 55% chance CMC doesn’t immediately injure himself again anyway.

Pass.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Thanks team, I was definitely caught off guard by the size of it.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

Dango Bango posted:

Could you have run big set and had Hock in your flex spot? :v:

I actually did have him in my flex. Everybody was trashing me for drafting multiple tight ends, look who's laughing now. ESPN also had me projected 1st after the draft (and still does) so I feel pretty good about it.

Stanley Tucheetos
May 15, 2012

Someone in my league dropped the panthers defense this weekend since they are going against Dallas. Right now my defense is the Patriots who are up against Tampa. I'm not really worried about the defense for a single game. I'm just wondering if you would try to add the panthers over the Patriots for the rest of the season in tonight's waivers.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
In my .5 PPR league where we start 3 WR's, i'm starting to get into quite a bind, half of my WR's are either on IR or hurt.

Ceedee, Landry, Juju, Pittman, Gallup, and Shenault are my WR's. So my only healthy WR's are CD, Pittman, and Shenault. I'd really rather not have to rely on Shenault as my WR3, but the only WRs worth anything (citation needed) available are

Taken from fantasypros cheatsheet of WRs, available are shaded yellow. Only ones that interest me are Renfrow and AJ Green since the Cards want to get him the ball it looks like. There's also Gordon lol. Anyone worth grabbing? I'd be dropping Shenault

Stanley Tucheetos
May 15, 2012

VietCampo posted:

In my .5 PPR league where we start 3 WR's, i'm starting to get into quite a bind, half of my WR's are either on IR or hurt.

Ceedee, Landry, Juju, Pittman, Gallup, and Shenault are my WR's. So my only healthy WR's are CD, Pittman, and Shenault. I'd really rather not have to rely on Shenault as my WR3, but the only WRs worth anything (citation needed) available are

Taken from fantasypros cheatsheet of WRs, available are shaded yellow. Only ones that interest me are Renfrow and AJ Green since the Cards want to get him the ball it looks like. There's also Gordon lol. Anyone worth grabbing? I'd be dropping Shenault

I'd go for Renfrow. He's in an offense that loves to pass and while he hasn't put up amazing numbers he has been solid. Green has potential but in my opinion there are simply too many people sharing targets between them on the cards to be reliable. The cards are also going against the rams so the matchup isn't exactly favorable either.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

VietCampo posted:

I've started picking up Renfrow in leagues where I have that kind of a fungible roster spot for backup WRs because he has consistently been getting targets and positive yardage (unlike Shenault). Renfrow has been more consistent than Shenault or anyone else available on that list so if you dont want to rely on Shenault he's who I would go with, but it doesnt seem like much of an upgrade.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

Stanley Tucheetos posted:

Someone in my league dropped the panthers defense this weekend since they are going against Dallas. Right now my defense is the Patriots who are up against Tampa. I'm not really worried about the defense for a single game. I'm just wondering if you would try to add the panthers over the Patriots for the rest of the season in tonight's waivers.

You do need a 2nd defense to pair with NE since they are unstartable this week vs the Bucs and in 3 weeks vs Dallas. I don't know if Carolina's the answer though.

I like adding and using GB for this week: it should be available in most leagues and Big Ben looks as immobile and washed up as can be. (This is assuming that the other streamer defenses like Tennessee and Cincy are taken already)

Stanley Tucheetos
May 15, 2012

coronaball posted:

You do need a 2nd defense to pair with NE since they are unstartable this week vs the Bucs and in 3 weeks vs Dallas. I don't know if Carolina's the answer though.

I like adding and using GB for this week: it should be available in most leagues and Big Ben looks as immobile and washed up as can be. (This is assuming that the other streamer defenses like Tennessee and Cincy are taken already)

Sorry I should of worded this better. I was wondering if the panthers would be a better primary defense. I've already picked up the titans for this week since someone got to cincy before me. I didn't think about the packers, but it looks like they were already taken.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

If you need backup RBs consider picking up JJ Taylor with James White looking like he may be out for the year.

I'm debating if I want to drop KJ Osborn or Van Jefferson for him.

edit: although looking at the snap counts Branden Bolden got way more snaps after White went down, so maybe I'm full of poo poo.

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Sep 29, 2021

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Thanks guys, i picked up Renfrow and just ended up dropping my Kicker for now.

Another inquiry for this same league, i ended up with Kelce and Hockenson (don't draft drunk, or do actually) who's been my flex for the whole season. I might be able to flip Hockenson for Amari Cooper but i've already got Ceedee and don't really want to be starting 2 WR's on the same team, but would it be worth it?

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Sep 29, 2021

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Sorry I should of worded this better. I was wondering if the panthers would be a better primary defense. I've already picked up the titans for this week since someone got to cincy before me. I didn't think about the packers, but it looks like they were already taken.

Titans are good for 2 weeks. Then I will stream with Panthers as my main ones.

Patriots were dropped along with Rams in a league. Gilmore comes back to the patriots in 2 weeks so may pick them up before then.

Rams got a tough schedule ahead.

Spermy Smurf fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Sep 29, 2021

Stanley Tucheetos
May 15, 2012

VietCampo posted:

Thanks guys, i picked up Renfrow and just ended up dropping my Kicker for now.

Another inquiry for this same league, i ended up with Kelce and Hockenson (don't draft drunk, or do actually) who's been my flex for the whole season. I might be able to flip Hockenson for Amari Cooper but i've already got Ceedee and don't really want to be starting 2 WR's on the same team, but would it be worth it?

Hockenson is a really good flex imo. Since you're in a 3 wr league I'd try to trade him high for a good receiver since you can always find a decent flex play and would never start him over Kelce. I wouldn't personally do it for Amari Cooper since Ceedee Lamb is taking away from Coopers targets and is just as good. Try to look for someone else with a wealth of receivers. Gronk and Kittle both have injuries so you may want to see if you can sell high to their owners.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

I don't know. Unless you have some type of moves cap or have to pay per transaction, I'd just keep mixing and matching. If you had both Tenn and NE, you could be playing against Houston or NYJ 3 of the next 4 weeks. That's about all one could want as far as DEF matchups.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Chernabog posted:

Somebody dropped Golladay. Is there something I'm missing or should I try to grab him? Would probably drop Gainwell.

You aren't missing anything, but he's definitely missing time.

ElectricRelaxation
Aug 21, 2007
Dude in one of my leagues has been going hard after McCaffrey ever since the injury. Most of his offers have been garbage, but his latest one has actually been... vaguely reasonable, so I thought I'd run it by here before I decided.

I give: Christian McCaffrey
I get: Kareem Hunt, George Kittle

My other RBs are CEH, Swift, Drake, Damien Harris, Ty'Son Williams, Sermon, and Hubbard, and my TE is Higbee. I'm leaning no because it's selling McCaffrey at his lowest, but it's also a hell of a lot better than his previous offers. Thanks.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

He’s trying to sell Hunt and Kittle high and buy CMC super low. It’s garbage.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

yourdadsbestfriend posted:

Dude in one of my leagues has been going hard after McCaffrey ever since the injury. Most of his offers have been garbage, but his latest one has actually been... vaguely reasonable, so I thought I'd run it by here before I decided.

My other RBs are CEH, Swift, Drake, Damien Harris, Ty'Son Williams, Sermon, and Hubbard, and my TE is Higbee. I'm leaning no because it's selling McCaffrey at his lowest, but it's also a hell of a lot better than his previous offers. Thanks.

RB for RB so all you are getting is a slight upgrade at TE at the cost of CMC. A trade like this needs to be Kelce to even think about it.

dkj posted:

He’s trying to sell Hunt and Kittle high and buy CMC super low. It’s garbage.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Sep 30, 2021

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Post his lineup, so we can come up with the most ridiculously lopsided counter offers to send him.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Yuck

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Should I drop Tannehill at this point? He's been average but he's playing the Jets this weekend, don't see him throwing much.

Carr and Hurts are still available for some reason.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Hurts makes sense. As an Eagles fan I can tell you what was already forseen: the league has figured his one dimension out and the coaching staff is not supporting him.

Carr, on the other hand, is intriguing.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

ASAPRockySituation posted:

Hurts makes sense. As an Eagles fan I can tell you what was already forseen: the league has figured his one dimension out and the coaching staff is not supporting him.

Carr, on the other hand, is intriguing.

oh Hurts is bad

But he's also putting up 20 a game

ElectricRelaxation
Aug 21, 2007
Thanks everyone. I have a lot of trouble evaluating injured players, and I seem to be chronically lower on Hunt than everyone else, so I wasn't sure. Ironically enough the guy does also have Kelce - guess he went 0 RB but is now regretting that his starters are Hunt and Singletary. Dude's definitely a bullshit trade artist, though, his first offer was just Kittle for McCaffrey straight up, and he's been offering me trash all season. It'll probably be impossible to get a good trade out of him.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
In all 3 of my leagues I am playing 0-3 teams and it is making me very anxious. The teams don't even look that bad and I know some random WR3 in their flex that has got 5 points total all year is going to get 27 or some random def will have 3 DTD.

Levin
Jun 28, 2005

Pain of Mind posted:

In all 3 of my leagues I am playing 0-3 teams and it is making me very anxious. The teams don't even look that bad and I know some random WR3 in their flex that has got 5 points total all year is going to get 27 or some random def will have 3 DTD.

Just accept that it's going to happen because that's fantasy football and feel the calm wash over you.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

This has to be a record.

Our stat correction removed TEN POINTS from Myles Garrett and quite easily changed who won the game in my league with IDPs.

I have never heard of anything this large happening before. My league is making jokes about being locked up in the Stat Correctional Facility and the owner is extremely not happy.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
How the gently caress did they get it that wrong?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I don't know, Garrett was a glitch in the Matrix or something. He scored 26.3 instead of 36.3

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Speaking of stats wow ESPN really blundered here they have Najee Harris being targeted 19 times last week ha ha. Let me just take a big gulp of water and look up the real number...

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
26 points alone is insane for one IDP position. Maybe he was tackling players so goddamn much they just thought it was easier to credit him with a tackle after every play and go back and review the tape later.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

gloom posted:

I took over running my small, casual league this year and have been thinking about ways to spice it up. Adding coaches next year could be hilarious and fun. Are there any good guides or resources to learn more about it?

dxt posted:

What's the scoring on head coaches? Just wins?

It was basically, always choose Belichik when the Pats were good. You got like 5 pts for a win, 0 for a loss, then depending on margin of victory/defeat, you could get a few negative or bonus points. At the end of the day, they didn't make a huge difference, but it was fun to have another position to mess with. It also caused people to draft a HC in like the 5th round too.

And for punters, I once won on a MNF punt and put me over the top by 1 point. It was probably the greatest fantasy victory of my life.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
I have Kyle Pitts in .5 PPR and potentially a spare bench slot, so I'm looking to stash someone in case Pitts doesn't work out. Would you rather grab Dawson Knox or Evan Engram?

I figure Engram's going to have more opportunities with the Giants' recievers banged up, but Dawson I think has more big-play potential (although he might be TD-or-bust)

EDIT: Jared Cook is also available in my league, I guess.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

PPR, 2 flex

My "starting" RBs are Ty'Son Williams and Hines, and I have Conner on the bench. Very dire because I went WRs with first 4 picks.

WRs I have:
Adams
Cooper
AJ Brown
Woods
Boyd
E Sanders
R Gage
Gordon

Just got a trade offer. His Chase Edmonds for my Woods. Woods seems like he's underperformed projections since Kupp is eating his lunch.
I say yes, right?

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

Whoreson Welles posted:

26 points alone is insane for one IDP position. Maybe he was tackling players so goddamn much they just thought it was easier to credit him with a tackle after every play and go back and review the tape later.

26 points is a good week but not insane. Garrett got a ton of sacks last week, the stat corrections probably split some of them with other players. Or the scoring originally gave points for a sack a tackle and a tackle for a loss in the same play and some of those were reduced to just a sack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

I don't see any stat corrections at all for Week 3 on ESPN. (Can't check NFL.com or Yahoo because their apps are so basic) Are you sure the commissioner didn't do any weird scoring changes?