Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

I wish for the swift destruction of all cars, trucks, and SUVs. Anything left will be destroyed on a case by case basis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

actionjackson posted:

at the rate things are going the life expectancy is prob like 41 now

it's currently the highest it's ever been :smugjones:

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
i want to buy one of those machines that crushes cars into little metal cubes and then crush a bunch of cars into little metal cubes and build social housing out of them

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

https://twitter.com/grescoe/status/1442582192954109960

this is what they took from us

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

:argh: Judge Doom!!!

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

i don't hate cars or motorcycles or any machines, i hate public policy that has created a destructive car centered world. as always it is the humans at fault

not me. i hate cars

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

i loving hate cars

this.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Be specific. "Who" took these from us?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

Be specific. "Who" took these from us?

i did. and i';m not sorry about it bitch

*zooms off*

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Suplex Liberace posted:

I wish for the swift destruction of all cars, trucks, and SUVs. Anything left will be destroyed on a case by case basis.

thank god, a station wagon is none of those

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Xaris posted:

*zooms off*

quad cab Tacos look so derpy

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Suplex Liberace posted:

Miatas are technically roadsters

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

it's currently the highest it's ever been :smugjones:

It very much isn't. And US life expectancy isn't that impressive in the first place.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

actionjackson posted:

thank god, a station wagon is none of those

Filthy Hans posted:

Miatas are technically roadsters
Horrible car brain at work, both are cars and will be destroyed

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Fame Douglas posted:

It very much isn't. And US life expectancy isn't that impressive in the first place.

it is, and i am not american

donoteat
Sep 13, 2011

Loot at all this bullshit.
Who lets something like this happen?

hey i've ridden that car!

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
i hate people who know a lot of poo poo about cars and try to make it part of their identity. oh nice ford ranger you got there! is that a v6 or a v8?

uh my truck has 4 wheels and an engine and it gets me to my job that i hate, shut up bitch

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Minrad posted:

i hate people who know a lot of poo poo about cars and try to make it part of their identity. oh nice ford ranger you got there! is that a v6 or a v8?

uh my truck has 4 wheels and an engine and it gets me to my job that i hate, shut up bitch

i can tell this is a made up story because the ranger never came with a v8

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Minrad posted:

Four banger eh?

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Minrad posted:

Hey guys I don't know basic poo poo about this machine I literally cannot live without and is most likely the most expensive thing I own. I'm just so above it all you know?

You want to cut down on all the cars and all the bullshit that goes with them, don't allow people like that to drive at all. If they think their car is a magic box, they probably don't have the object permanence to not hit people outside of their direct field of view. I feel like this is something we can all agree on.

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

Minrad posted:

Does your dad still change your tires for you.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

lotta car lovers suddenly itt

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Hey guys I don't know basic poo poo about this machine I literally cannot live without and is most likely the most expensive thing I own. I'm just so above it all you know?

You want to cut down on all the cars and all the bullshit that goes with them, don't allow people like that to drive at all. If they think their car is a magic box, they probably don't have the object permanence to not hit people outside of their direct field of view. I feel like this is something we can all agree on.

the most expensive thing i own is my house bitch and i dont know anything about electricity or plumbing either

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

oh? you don't love chatting with your co workers about the best way to wire your new media room? pleb!

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

oh mid-70s tract house? not bad, not really a banger or anything, but how many joists you got up in that bad boy?!

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Xaris posted:

*zooms off*

cool mobile apiary with a ridic grill like that

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer

it is, and i am not american

im american if anyone has any questions agbout it

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!
Whatever it takes to avoid talking with other men and running out of conversation material that isn't about *~our feelings~*

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

i can tell this is a made up story because the ranger never came with a v8

500excf type r posted:

Four banger eh?

Carmant posted:

Does your dad still change your tires for you.

lol

:sad:

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

this machine I literally cannot live without and is most likely the most expensive thing I own.

loving destroy car culture. wipe out every aspect of it.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

"own"

Auto loan debt held by Americans rose to a record $1.36 trillion in 2020. Auto loans now make up nearly 10% of all household debt, the third-largest debt category behind mortgages and student loans

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Minrad posted:

loving destroy car culture. wipe out every aspect of it.

Nocturtle
Mar 17, 2007

Lol as if the average person has a clue how their computer or smart phone or fiber internet connection really works, guess they can't use any of those.

You know what's easy to understand? How to ride a streetcar.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Minrad posted:

"own"

Auto loan debt held by Americans rose to a record $1.36 trillion in 2020. Auto loans now make up nearly 10% of all household debt, the third-largest debt category behind mortgages and student loans

I wonder how many Americans don't consciously count their loans as liabilities in their net assets

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Palladium posted:

I wonder how many Americans don't consciously count their loans as liabilities in their net assets

I know I start to feel the fear and sweat of anxiety if I ever let my student loans weigh on my mind when I start budgeting my finances right now

the 2 years off from student loan payment has been such an actual emotional relief. gently caress you biden for not forgiving them.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
I still have my factory cats etc but I removed the resonator and muffler and installed an intake and I enjoy making loud noises and pissing off bougie people with my turbo kia hatchback that makes like 24 psi of boost or maybe more idk but it's like psssssssssssSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSH pop pop pop pop

gently caress cars but if I have to own a car then I want to enjoy driving it at last

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

i spread caltrops everywhere i go like uh johnny caltropseed

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Nocturtle posted:

Lol as if the average person has a clue how their computer or smart phone or fiber internet connection really works, guess they can't use any of those.

You know what's easy to understand? How to ride a streetcar.

i mean the one key difference is those aren't life-threatening (unless you're a goon) and not responsible for possibly killing a bus of children because you don't know how to tighten down a replacement tire or check the oil and engine siezes up with 4000 lbs of plastic and steel going 1/10th the speed of sound taking out cars like a bowling ball in an bowling pin factory. knowing some basics is fairly important.

but yes, also destroy cars and bring back trams

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Xaris posted:

i mean the one key difference is those aren't life-threatening (unless you're a goon) and not responsible for possibly killing a bus of children because you don't know how to tighten down a replacement tire or check the oil and engine siezes up with 4000 lbs of plastic and steel going 1/10th the speed of sound taking out cars like a bowling ball in an bowling pin factory. knowing some basics is fairly important.

but yes, also destroy cars and bring back trams

:agreed:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I pay $5/month extra on my car payment specifically so I don't have to think about this poo poo. also because my Fit is a CVT and I am absolutely not going to waste like 4 years of my life on learning how to maintain that disaster of an engine. going to take my car into the shop next week for my fully covered tri-annual tune-up and continue enjoying 40 mpg

imagine if I could just take a streetcar to work, to the grocery, and then home. how chill would that be