Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nenonen)
What should the presidential powers be in 2020?
This poll is closed.
UNLIMITED!!!! URKKI 2.0!!!!!! 3 23.08%
Sauli should be allowed to telecast to our homes whenever he pleases, but that should be the limit. 2 15.38%
He should be limited to writing mildly worded letters to HBL and other provincial newspapers. 2 15.38%
None. More power to Sanna & Katri & Maria & Li & Anna-Maja & Jenni! 2 15.38%
Unlimited, but every decision must be subject to a plebiscite. 0 0%
None, but the president's life must be video streamed 24 /7 for the duration of their term, with no censorship. 4 30.77%
Total: 13 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Qtamo
Oct 7, 2012
Might not go bankrupt though, selvitystila does not automatically lead to a konkurssi. It's still pretty drat funny/sad, I'm mostly just curious on whether it's just legal tax planning and the founder is basically telling PRH to go gently caress themselves as he's moving the company to Switzerland, or if we'll ultimately get a criminal case out of it if it turns out there's more than just undelivered accounting stuff involved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forktoss
Feb 13, 2012

I'm OK, you're so-so

endlessmonotony posted:

It's gonna be the next Tullintori

Fondly remembering that massive food court they set up at the centre of a labyrinth in the railway station's basement that only stayed open for about six months in 2013 or something, hästäk vain tampere jutut

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Forktoss posted:

Fondly remembering that massive food court they set up at the centre of a labyrinth in the railway station's basement that only stayed open for about six months in 2013 or something, hästäk vain tampere jutut

Oh yeah that place.

I never went there and the few times I went "maybe" I realized I could go to a restaurant I already like in the actual city center way easier.

Kehveli
Apr 1, 2009

Push It Like You Push Your Girlfriend
I dont really care for the stadium but i think on a technical level building a big rear end building on top of train tracks without causing delays is kind of cool. The area its in feels like its gonna be a nightmare for traffic whenever anything happens.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Kehveli posted:

I dont really care for the stadium but i think on a technical level building a big rear end building on top of train tracks without causing delays is kind of cool. The area its in feels like its gonna be a nightmare for traffic whenever anything happens.

Guess what? It already is.

Every event at dicks live is gonna fill Ratina's parking, because it's the only thing remotely navigable in the area.

Qtamo
Oct 7, 2012
I just happened to stumble upon this piece of news, which, well, has this mentioned about the arena since the cop station is so close etc.:

quote:

Tapahtumajärjestäjien pitää saada yleisön[sic] tulemaan areenaan julkisilla kulkuneuvoilla, koska väärät pysäköinnit voivat olla riski toisten ihmisten turvallisuudelle.

Good luck with that!

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Forktoss posted:

Could be worse. You could be Turku.

matti
Mar 31, 2019

Qtamo
Oct 7, 2012
According to reddit that was also accompanied by a letter instructing to make sure that every worker sees it. And of course it was one herkkuboksi or whatever per location. At this point I'm pretty sure the entire PR and HR departments of Hesburger are "Kirsti ja Heikki" and everyone else has been fired.

Kehveli
Apr 1, 2009

I can't think of anything more insulting than a we are family-card for underpaid and overworked employees. Like, uncaring exploitation has a certain honesty to it at least you know. Don't have to treat people as if they were dumb in addition to it.

Qtamo
Oct 7, 2012
Yeah, if it isn't pure vittuilu and he actually means it I hope someone's frantically trying to get Heikki's cognitive abilities looked at (guess he's still the enemmistöomistaja so he can't just be kicked out).

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Hey dad, can I borrow a few thousand bucks?

No? Ok YOU'RE NOT MY DAD THEN YOU gently caress

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

DarkCrawler posted:

Hey dad, can I borrow a few thousand bucks?

Screw borrowing, go for ennakkoperintö.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Kohtelisipa poliisi joskus minua väkijoukkona, se olisi niin hottia.

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

Honey it's tight like that.
College Slice

Kehveli posted:

I can't think of anything more insulting than a we are family-card for underpaid and overworked employees. Like, uncaring exploitation has a certain honesty to it at least you know. Don't have to treat people as if they were dumb in addition to it.

HUS sent their nursing staff a card they had to print themselves.

brakeless
Apr 11, 2011

Metanaut posted:

HUS sent their nursing staff a card they had to print themselves.

lmao it never stops being funny that things like this are actually done

like did someone think that säästetään ympäristöä when everyone can decide if they want to print out the
participation trophy or what's the weird hosed up mutant thought process here?

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

brakeless posted:

or what's the weird hosed up mutant thought process here?

Probably

1) you recognize that nurses are overburdened due to budget restraints and form a committee to find solutions

2) you give the committee zero budget

Fish of hemp
Apr 1, 2011

A friendly little mouse!
Every single problem Finland faces at the moment can be solved with money.

Money that the government can get at best with negative interest.

Yet every government refuses to get free money and by doing that they create more problems.

I just don't loving understand.

jaete
Jun 21, 2009

Nap Ghost

Fish of hemp posted:

Yet every government refuses to get free money and by doing that they create more problems.

it's called neoliberalism op

brakeless
Apr 11, 2011

Nenonen posted:

Probably

1) you recognize that nurses are overburdened due to budget restraints and form a committee to find solutions

2) you give the committee zero budget

well in that case it must be recognized as an innovative, low overhead solution

Kemper Boyd
Aug 6, 2007

no kings, no gods, no masters but a comfy chair and no socks
Hesburger-tuoteperheen insesti-isä.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Fish of hemp posted:

Why do you hate the children and want them to be trapped in a negative interest debt peonry :qq:

Forktoss
Feb 13, 2012

I'm OK, you're so-so
gotta elää the suu by the säkki :kepusay:

Captain Kosmos
Mar 28, 2010

think of it like the "Who's Who" of genitals

Persujen puoluesihteeri oli vissiin ottanut väärän napit tjs. ja alkoi näkemään omiaan.
https://twitter.com/Retvonen/status/1443242791308570628?s=20

https://twitter.com/Dimmu141/status/1443261305788436490?s=20
En nyt sitten tiedä oliko se lapuan liike hyvä vai huono juttu?

Elokapina myös murhasi Sebastian Tynkkysen.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CObsFVgImhY

https://www.suomenuutiset.fi/valiko...stajia-kohtaan/ posted:

Välikohtaus suorassa lähetyksessä, miehet hyökyivät Tynkkysen kimppuun – ”elokapinalaiset käyttävät väkivaltaa jopa kansanedustajia kohtaan”

Kansanedustaja Sebastian Tynkkynen joutui tänään välikohtaukseen hänen tehdessään suoraa Youtube-lähetystä Elokapinan mielenosoituksesta. Tilanne tallentui osittain Tynkkysen omalle videolle. Tilanne laukesi, kun useampi poliisi säntäsi paikalle ja korjasi päällekävijät talteen.
Tynkkynen twiittaa: ”Kaksi elokapina-aktivistia kävivät päälleni, työpaikkani pihalla. Ensin yrittivät töniä, kaksi kerralla tulivat päälle. Näkyy striimillä. Eivät ihan kenttään saaneet kaadettua, kun useampi poliisi ryntäsi takaa ja koppasivat aktivistit. Kysyivät, onko mulla vaatimuksia. Ei ole.”
Sori suomen uutisten jutusta, halusin raflaamimman mitä löytyy.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

It's ironic, as the rise of Hitlerism in Europe is a direct consequence of a massive Russian campaign that started at least as far back as the early 1990s. The existence of Rudimentary Finns is exactly what the Kremlin wanted.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
https://www.hs.fi/politiikka/art-2000008275666.html

quote:

”Ajatus, että yli puoli miljoonaa suomalaista kannattaisi rodullista syrjintää, on rajussa ristiriidassa poliittista kulttuuriamme yli vuosisadan määrittäneiden laillisuuden, tasa-arvon ja demokratian tunnusten kanssa”, hän sanoo."

Ah yes, the good old "no way that many people can be racist!" rigorous academic standard and incredibly specific definitions for "racism", how...Americaesque.

DarkCrawler fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Sep 30, 2021

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

It's also hard to believe that half a million Finns would be misogynists, because I have decided not to believe so and I'm a smart person :agesilaus:

Qtamo
Oct 7, 2012
I mean, isn't Jokisipilä also the bright academic that likes to claim there can't be nazis in Finland since there's no NSDAP? Checkmate liberals! Other than that, it seems like the book (and Jokisipilä's idea in general) is to take persus at face value every single time, which, well, probably isn't the best approach with the radical right and fascists in general. Of course he ignores how persus just keep accidentally showing up at far right events while also being members of Suomen Sisu etc. It's also pretty funny how this thought of his extends to only persut and the right in general, but when it comes to the left, this no longer is necessary. Instead, it's idpol and intersectionalism everywhere and the left is trying to tear the country apart!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Qtamo posted:

I mean, isn't Jokisipilä also the bright academic that likes to claim there can't be nazis in Finland since there's no NSDAP?

Wait is he literally Ligur lmao lol but also laffo?

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Wait is he literally Ligur lmao lol but also laffo?

If it posts like a Ligur...

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

quote:

A poll made in late 2011 revealed that the majority of the Finns viewed Finland as a racist country. Two thirds considered the country to be fairly racist, 12% recognised a moderate amount of racism, and 2% admitted to be very racist; 35% agreed partly or wholly to the statement "Islam is a threat to Western values and democracy", and 29% agreed more or less to that "people belonging to certain races simply are not suited to live in a modern society". One in five thought "it needs to be recognised as a fact that some nations are more intelligent than others", and 11% agreed partly or completely to "people whose appearance and culture differ much from those of the Finns are unpredictable and frightening".

Of the countries in the European Union Finland tops the list of countries with the most racism.

Jokisipilä also says that Finnish media talks about persut differently from other parties. Uh, no poo poo Sherlock. It's as if Mr. Smarty Pants has totally missed how TF constantly intentionally antagonizes journalists so they can cry their martyrdom in Facebook and MV Lehti?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Seriouspost: has anyone ever met a valtiotieteilijä who wasn't either a full-blown "let's build some ovens" Nazi, or a grifter (like Väyrynen), or both?

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Seriouspost: has anyone ever met a valtiotieteilijä who wasn't either a full-blown "let's build some ovens" Nazi, or a grifter (like Väyrynen), or both?

Riikka Purra is a vtm from Turun yliopisto, sooooooo...

otoh Li Andersson is a valtiotieteen kandi from Åbo Akademi, I don't know what her grift would be

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Nenonen posted:

Riikka Purra is a vtm from Turun yliopisto, sooooooo...

otoh Li Andersson is a valtiotieteen kandi from Åbo Akademi, I don't know what her grift would be

OK well uhh :biotruths:?

Hiekkakauppias
Mar 26, 2008

OJ's humble beginnings in acting helped prepare him for the media spotlight in Calgary

Qtamo posted:

I mean, isn't Jokisipilä also the bright academic that likes to claim there can't be nazis in Finland since there's no NSDAP?

That could be another UTU valtiotieteilijä Vesa Vares.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

Mikä skyrim modi tää on?

Fated To Be Fat
May 23, 2009

A branch without a tree.

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Hain eräs vuosi valtiotieteelliseen ja voin sanoa että pääsykoekirja muistutti hypoteettista teknokraattisen uusliberalismin raamattua. Ulkopolitiikan osuus varsinkin oli aika sakeaa menoa, nollasummapeli oli esimerkkinä validista strategiasta. Ei kauheesti matkaa väyrys-ligurismiin jos totta puhutaan.

Warden
Jan 16, 2020

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I have, back in my halcyon days in university when I did 60 credits worth of random poo poo, mostly politics and economics, to qualify me to teach social studies, since I figured I should teach that as well in addition to English and history. Had a couple of really nice left-learning lecturers. I have to admit that for a fifth-year student with lots of work experience there was nothing more annoying than a politics freshmen straight outta high school with opinions though.

Tangentially related, I also managed to pass an exam on Gender studies despite the fact I had somehow managed to read the wrong exam books. It apparently wasn't my entirely my gently caress-up, since I got an email which basically went "you'll get a passing grade if you never tell anyone about this".

Warden fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Sep 30, 2021

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008
Nicely done genius, your grade is now canceled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kehveli
Apr 1, 2009

Warden posted:

"you'll get a passing grade if you never tell anyone about this".

Ja sit äijä on täällä laulamassa kaiken

But yeah starting out my studies and I have Opinions is just one step removed from the dude who asks you if you've ever heard of Jordan Peterson in how insufferable they are. Unless they're the right opinions (they never are).