Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

dying at getting recced an overdramatic WHY IM QUITTING GENSHIN CONTENT vid about how mihoyo doesnt deserve his promotion by a guy with 2k subs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zwiebel
Feb 19, 2011

Hi!
I am quitting genshin because it's been too long since we've gotten the real good pro gamer content.

That's right, bring back food deliveries.

I need to bath in the tears and wailings of PS4 players that have 30 seconds less to finish their deliveries for stupid loading screen reasons. It makes me feel validated in playing this on a goddamn years old potato of a PC, that somehow still ends up loading faster than a PS4.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Zwiebel posted:

I am quitting genshin because it's been too long since we've gotten the real good pro gamer content.

I need to bath in the tears and wailings of PS4 players that have 30 seconds less to finish their deliveries for stupid loading screen reasons. It makes me feel validated in playing this on a goddamn years old potato of a PC, that somehow still ends up loading faster than a PS4.

They've since improved on the delivery UI with Temari hunting minigames. It teleports you to a standardized position and locks your movement until the countdown finishes. Although I suppose that removes the "decide which warp point is closest" aspect.

Cory Parsnipson
Nov 15, 2015

AParadox posted:

*monkey paw curls* Fatui skirmishers are given inazuma release nobushi weight.

Tbh I really miss release nobushi, I had a lot of really cool fights with them, but I know this is very unpopular opinion. 12-1-1 was a bit too obnoxious even for my taste tho.

This one time in the over world I managed to do an annihilation with a nobushi and Ayaka. I was clearing out a camp with like 500 hp and too lazy to heal. The nobushi was doing his dash attack and I managed to get off Ayaka's charge attack just at that same moment. We ended up on opposite sides of each other and both keeled over and died at the same time. Wish I recorded it.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

Zwiebel posted:

Honestly it wasn't even that bad. I was playing on the PS4 at the time and completed everything with time to spare. Don't get me wrong the delay was there, but there was only one that I had any issues with and it was just me taking the wrong path.

Also hit pity on the standard banner today and hey Keqing great timing she would been my mythical 5 star pick. After a year the only standard 5 star I don't have is Qiqi.

tread-softly
May 31, 2013

Endorph posted:

lmfao. the asian server just got 400 primos and a new glider with '1/4' in the title of the mail. they absolutely always had more rewards planned (no way they made a new glider in like two days) but people are absolutely gonna take it as victory

The glider was leaked prior to 2.1, but as part of a "Concert Bundle" with a namecard that was going to cost ~$30. Not sure when they decided to change this, but I'm glad they did.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
it's because the in-person concert was canceled

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

MarquiseMindfang posted:

how do i have two r5 crafted claymores and like, two r1 bows

sort these drop distributions out! (actually don't the bows are kind of bad)

Actually the crafted bows are good for ganyu

Which is why of course I get every billet except bows

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

kater posted:

They do qol fixes every single patch you loon. Gosh I hope they improve the game instead of not improve the game.

You mean like these?

• Mona/Ayaka dash colliding with every tiny piece of geometry in existence
  • Geo constructs disintegrating on contact with a boss, boss arena floor, or a stiff breeze
  • Archers colliding with every tiny piece of geometry in existence while aiming
  • Aimed bursts going in any direction but where you actually aimed it (ie. Venti, Diona)
  • Guoba aiming at a torch 1ft behind him instead of the enemy right next to him
  • Dialogue menus that are a pain in the rear end to navigate (except, sort of, Tubby because they fixed them but literally nothing else)

Probably more I'm forgetting but you'll notice almost all of those issues have been in the game since launch and remain untouched.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
the alternate dashes really do feel a lot better than they did at launch

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Mirello posted:

lol, this is truly a special post.

being generous to players costs them nothing. tbh, I think this is the result of a lot of problems bubbling over. I hope that they improve the game. I'd love some real endgame content or more responsive devs. theres so many qol fixes I've been waiting for.

Am I supposed to have a different impression from the endless reddit posts of 'something big happening' any week now for the last two months?

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

mihoyo could give us a random guaranteed free 5* weapon and honestly not lose anything but that doesn't mean they're gonna do so, lol. That said, the radio silence definitely feels a little weird, considering other gachas that have had similar 'a portion of the playerbase is vocally upset about X' situations usually at least made some unspecific 'we hear your complaints' sentiment eventually. But in the long run it's not really any skin off my back :v:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I haven't had any issue with dialogue menus, is it a console thing?

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

Endorph posted:

I haven't had any issue with dialogue menus, is it a console thing?

it's the playstation, it's bad, trust me if this was your action wheel in a game like dark souls you'd be so dead right now

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

Mix. posted:

mihoyo could give us a random guaranteed free 5* weapon and honestly not lose anything but that doesn't mean they're gonna do so, lol. That said, the radio silence definitely feels a little weird, considering other gachas that have had similar 'a portion of the playerbase is vocally upset about X' situations usually at least made some unspecific 'we hear your complaints' sentiment eventually. But in the long run it's not really any skin off my back :v:

they can't win right no no matter what they do, people had a point but as per usual reddit and whatever spent the last week driving that point into the skull of anyone who poked their head up, right now giving in is just going to encourage more of this bullshit on both sides, it's better for them to just wait out the news cycle than take action that possibly perpetuates it, they will probably do something nice when they think they can disconnect it from the behavior which probably means shortly after people shut the hell up, long term they'll learn from this that they can't just totally ebeneezer scrooge their player base like this without consequences and move on

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
You know what would be an amazing anniversary gift?

A select your own artifact. 1 per account, you choose any artifact set/piece you want and you choose ALL the stats and substats on it. That would own, it wouldn't hurt the economy or anything, and there is no way anyone in their right mind would complain about being able to pull a god-tier artifact out of their asses.

Pope Urbane II
Nov 25, 2012

BabyRyoga posted:

A select your own artifact. 1 per account, you choose any artifact set/piece you want and you choose ALL the stats and substats on it. That would own, it wouldn't hurt the economy or anything, and there is no way anyone in their right mind would complain about being able to pull a god-tier artifact out of their asses.

This is actually brilliant.

Mang Tomas
Jan 9, 2007

BabyRyoga posted:

Omg get this man a free standard 5 star of his own choice.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

BabyRyoga posted:

instructions unclear, accidentally made a hydro damage +def% crimson witch of flames

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.
I'd gladly take build-an-arti vouchers over talent crowns, of which I now have like 10 just gathering dust because they're too expensive to be worth using.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

BabyRyoga posted:

It's too much and plz accept these 400 primogems.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
I have an overabundance of XP books and unleveled characters.

My normal teams looks something like this.

Melt: I don't run melt and I should. Yanfei and Ayaka are both DPS mains and if I put em both on the same team then the other half is doomed. Yanfei + Chongyun I haven't really tried because chong has terrible elemental application and they both need to be on the field to apply elements which sounds pretty bad.

Vaporize: Yanfei + XQ for vape works but has issues. Yanfei needs a safe distance to do her charged attacks and XQs burst isn't targeting enemies at those ranges. I have to stay close for vape reactions.

Dual cryo/freeze: Cryo with Ayaka + Chongyun is fine except for how it leaves the rest of my team. Barb/Jean/Bennett for healer leaves 1 extra support. If I run XQ my overall particle generation is terrible and everyone has burst uptime issues. If I run a battery with Fischl/Shogun/Kazuha then I'm dual cryo with an anemo/electro battery. That team works but isn't great for elemental reactions. Barbara works nicely with Ayaka for freeze, except Barbara has like the worst particle generation in the game.

I still haven't found a role for raiden. She can nuke for 75k but she's no help as off-field support against any type of shielded enemy where her elemental skill does no dmg and generates no particles. I guess I'll use her when I'm having trouble with unshielded enemies. :confused:

Qiqi or Diona would solve a lot of team composition issues but I really don't need a 4th healer right now. Support Xiangling looks like a good option.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

BabyRyoga posted:

that would be simultaneously way too boring and way too op

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

id enjoy building an artifact, but its something that only a small % of the most dedicated players would really be able to use and they're also going to get the least gain from it since they probably have a lot of well rolled artifacts already. they also have to build a whole UI to run that instead of doing something else for that patch's event. just having half cost artifact domains would be way easier and something everyone could use without needing to worry about minmaxing.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

Sanctum posted:

I have an overabundance of XP books and unleveled characters.

Qiqi or Diona would solve a lot of team composition issues but I really don't need a 4th healer right now. Support Xiangling looks like a good option.

Raiden National (Raiden/XQ/Xiangling/Bennet) is a pretty typical team comp.

I put Diona as the healer for side Ayaka, but I dunno if freeing up the healer slot on that team for someone non-Jean would actually help you.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

I think if they let you at least set the main stat for artifacts that'd go a long way. Make the substats still random so you can still have to farm to get a good roll, but having at least some semblance of control besides what domain you're running in would make the grind feel less frustrating.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

my survey suggestion that feels attainable is having the sets that drop alternate days like other domains. I think given their existing stat weights they will probably always be stingy about getting rare mains so I dunno how to square that, aside from just secondary rng measures like reroll items or more trove options than the base 4.

MadHat
Mar 31, 2011

Mix. posted:

I think if they let you at least set the main stat for artifacts that'd go a long way. Make the substats still random so you can still have to farm to get a good roll, but having at least some semblance of control besides what domain you're running in would make the grind feel less frustrating.

I would settle for being able to set which piece you are going to get, no game I do not need another 5 Flowers thanks.

Edit: ^ That would work too.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

dogsicle posted:

having the sets that drop alternate days like other domains.
This would be the single biggest QoL change they could drop on the concept of artifacts I think. Get these Pale Flames and Lavawalkers out of here.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Lobsterpillar posted:

Guoba is one of the stove gods. That rock is packed full of them.

All the characters we summon with Wishes are actually Stove Gods summoned in a form we can recognize (their true forms can't be comprehended by man).

No Wave posted:

This game has released an unbelievable amount of content over the last year, all of it designed for f2p/low spenders. I just don't get it, this is the game that actually released tons of content consistently in the past year (when many other studios had pandemic struggles) and the complaint is that there's not enough content. (There won't ever be grindable endgame it's not that kind of game.)

I feel like there are a couple separate factors:

- Gacha players not realizing that it's a lot more difficult to create content for something like Genshin Impact than most other gacha games that mostly just consist of text and sprites
- Non-gacha players (for whom Genshin is their first/only gacha game) not being familiar with the particular GaaS model these games usually follow

BabyRyoga posted:

This would give me some real decision paralysis.

I would also inevitably roll an amazing artifact in the same niche immediately after generating the free one.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Sep 30, 2021

Kale
May 14, 2010

Radical posted:

supposedly it'll be 4 days of rewards, so probably all the items from that 30 dollar concert bundle + 1600 primogems total. the bundle had 3 items in it, so there might be something else on one of the days along with the primos.

impossible to say if the primogems were "planned" rewards, but the extra items are definitely something they're giving away. i dont see any reason to send them by mail if they had planned for it though (given they already had made the login reward event.)

I'm not just looking for drama and reasons to throw a shitfit so I don't care if it was "planned" or not really. Like who with any sense of priority gives a loving poo poo honestly?

Araganzar posted:

they can't win right no no matter what they do, people had a point but as per usual reddit and whatever spent the last week driving that point into the skull of anyone who poked their head up, right now giving in is just going to encourage more of this bullshit on both sides, it's better for them to just wait out the news cycle than take action that possibly perpetuates it, they will probably do something nice when they think they can disconnect it from the behavior which probably means shortly after people shut the hell up, long term they'll learn from this that they can't just totally ebeneezer scrooge their player base like this without consequences and move on

Oh yeah the masks kind of off at this point and if you read between the lines or just even let some of them tell you in their own words the goal is to cause a shitstorm sit back and have a good old laugh at their own personal mound of poo poo. These people don't care one iota about the game anymore and at best I could call it a trxtbook example of concern trolling. They have a good old laugh and pat themselves on the back with high fives all around when they get to do another round of harsssing voice actors during and after the stream I imagine. I wouldn't even bother showing up for it if I was the English cast. Like call it in sick for sure.

Kale fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Sep 30, 2021

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

dogsicle posted:

my survey suggestion that feels attainable is having the sets that drop alternate days like other domains. I think given their existing stat weights they will probably always be stingy about getting rare mains so I dunno how to square that, aside from just secondary rng measures like reroll items or more trove options than the base 4.

omg why didn't I think of this

kater
Nov 16, 2010

YoshiOfYellow posted:

You mean like these?

• Mona/Ayaka dash colliding with every tiny piece of geometry in existence
  • Geo constructs disintegrating on contact with a boss, boss arena floor, or a stiff breeze
  • Archers colliding with every tiny piece of geometry in existence while aiming
  • Aimed bursts going in any direction but where you actually aimed it (ie. Venti, Diona)
  • Guoba aiming at a torch 1ft behind him instead of the enemy right next to him
  • Dialogue menus that are a pain in the rear end to navigate (except, sort of, Tubby because they fixed them but literally nothing else)

Probably more I'm forgetting but you'll notice almost all of those issues have been in the game since launch and remain untouched.

No I mostly meant the things they fixed not the stuff they’ve obviously chosen not to.

The only thing bad geometry navigation really messes with is Sara’s teleport so mentioning anything else is silly. I’ve never seen bursts miss and generally think the autoaiming rules. I unno seems pretty lightweight stuff. I’d rather complain about the game only having four character models if we are going to do forever complaints.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

kater posted:

No I mostly meant the things they fixed not the stuff they’ve obviously chosen not to.

The only thing bad geometry navigation really messes with is Sara’s teleport so mentioning anything else is silly. I’ve never seen bursts miss and generally think the autoaiming rules. I unno seems pretty lightweight stuff. I’d rather complain about the game only having four character models if we are going to do forever complaints.

"Don't mention the fixes they haven't made since launch and also I haven't personally had problems with some of these things."

Okay sure man.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

kater posted:

I’ve never seen bursts miss

"Tell me you don't play Yoimiya without telling me you don't play Yoimiya"

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe
seriously I just totally missed 3 of the fattest loving water slimes on the planet and all they were doing was just bouncing up and down

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

the bursts (in the case he listed, i dont own yoimiya) missing is because of the lockon. it can be kinda annoying when it locks onto something unexpected, i remember having a lot of trouble with it when i first started playing. a lot of characters just drop their burst around their origin point rather than onto an enemy so you don't really have to deal with it often.

the main issue is you can't tap/click on something to target it (probably because of gamepad support)

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

In addition to Yoimiya burst straight up not hitting at all I assume this is also referring to poo poo like Diona/Venti/Sucrose burst where you have no loving clue which direction it's actually going to go in if there are multiple nearby enemies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colorspray
Aug 30, 2007

Sweet, I get 10 rolls, the most fun event they've put in the game to date, and a fish! That's also a sword!

Seriously though I understand the recent critique and sympathize. I am still enjoying the ever loving heck out of the game, but that doesn't invalidate the points being communicated.

On one hand, I hope mhy caves in because I too will get extra stuff. On the other, kinda not because the rampant negativity within the community would become enabled and encouraged.

Not that there aren't some very valid points made, but between the community reaction and review bombing the app store- it's a tad bit shameful.