Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

can't believe granny is cancelled, joining literally every other 91 year old

They could not change the subject quick enough lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Just old people things.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://twitter.com/ProjectAuuman/status/1443249561477189633

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Mass should do a revised one, but this time add HHH to the payroll. See how many start screaming about HHH "deliberately sabotaging" NXT.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
Just straight up add Vince McMahon to fuel the delusions of the weird AEW truthers.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

IGgy IGsen posted:

Just straight up add Vince McMahon to fuel the delusions of the weird AEW truthers.

I thought about that, and I think you'd get two results:

a) the one you described
b) The people offended at the idea and that no, it'd be VINCE who's paying Tony, and not the other way around.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
Gotta get the earnings back to Vinnie Mac somehow. The company is booming ever since they bought a five star rating from Meltzer for a TV match again. That was definitely worth the investment.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....
So I listened to the 2.0 on Jericho podcast from mid August, and hoo boy were they direct about why they were fired.

They basically said they were fired because NXT is "going in a different direction" which they translated to "young and big". They were right!

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Really looking forward to Dave's recap of Rhodes to the Top

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Digital Jedi posted:

Really looking forward to Dave's recap of Rhodes to the Top

If he talks about it like how he did about Dynasty it'll be money.

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

a cyborg mug posted:

In any case it’s not the original, which is here at 0:45 https://youtu.be/Xy36R3vmE2A

I know, I was heartbroken when I found out

The original sound is still pretty funny too

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I thought WOR was completely spoiler free in case you were worried. They talk about Rampage at the very end so I just turned it off.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

algebra testes posted:

I thought WOR was completely spoiler free in case you were worried. They talk about Rampage at the very end so I just turned it off.

nice one

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
I'd like them to move all spoilers to a dedicated section at the end permanently, hope Dave can be convinced

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

The words are just gonna fall out if Dave’s head regardless of placement.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Dave burying NXT 2.0 was :discourse::allears:

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

coconono posted:

The words are just gonna fall out if Dave’s head regardless of placement.

Yeah, it's not a matter of getting Dave to agree consciously, it's Dave's a beautiful mind podcast style where he steamrolls through onto tangents and maybe he'll accidentally hit upon spoilers.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

20 years from now a sunsetting Dave Meltzer is written off as senile and it eventually turns out that he’d gone so far off on a tangent he’d just started dropping spoilers about shows from the future that hadn’t even been booked yet.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Nostrodaveus

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

dave was very good on the pod today

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

yea ok posted:

always is, baby :cheers:

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

yea ok posted:

I'm assuming this means "he was a very good boy and didn't spew off about spoilers outside of the designated spoil zone", in which case: yes I agree

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Dave told me the finish to Full Gear. You guys are going to love it

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

dave is fantasy booking the next six decades of AEW in his head

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Dave should drop intermittent spoilers at irregular intervals to weed out the fake fans

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

NienNunb posted:

Dave should drop intermittent spoilers at irregular intervals to weed out the fake fans

Agreed, but not for wrestling but random shows on TV

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Would be nice if people stopped cyberbullying famous reporter Dave Meltzer into not reporting the news that happens on a wrestling show :(

Poor man.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

so so so rampage, james bond gets hit by a truck at the end of no time to die, it was amazing, jungle boy and penta put on a hell of a match um

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

IGgy IGsen posted:

Add him to the payroll, just to gently caress with them a little more.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Quantum of Phallus posted:

dave is fantasy booking the next six decades of AEW in his head

The whole show? Usually people only do that for Hangman.

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties
Add Hunter Biden to the payroll.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Zombie Lemur posted:

Add Hunter Biden to the payroll.

George Soros too. Go big or go home.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

NienNunb posted:

But also some fake spoilers, like trap streets on a map, so he can sue people who repost his scoops.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Gaz-L posted:

But also some fake spoilers, like trap streets on a map, so he can sue people who repost his scoops.

Ironically, he drops a fake spoiler about I don't know, Finn Balor and AJ Styles, but the people who repost his scoops always get it from like a 3rd hand source so they mangle it so badly that it ends up accurately predicting the John Cena/Hiroshi Tanahashi Wrestle Kingdom Night 3 main event and Dave is hailed at last as the preeminent journalist of his times.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

fake spoilers done convincingly is an art form. like

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Jerusalem posted:

Ironically, he drops a fake spoiler about I don't know, Finn Balor and AJ Styles, but the people who repost his scoops always get it from like a 3rd hand source so they mangle it so badly that it ends up accurately predicting the John Cena/Hiroshi Tanahashi Wrestle Kingdom Night 3 main event and Dave is hailed at last as the preeminent journalist of his times.

Or the worst people on the Internet use the fake spoiler to claim he's Wrong About Everything.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

"NXT 2.0 brought to you by Spirit Halloween"

Epic B&V rants on the NXT name generator and gimmicks. Thoroughly enjoyed this episode.

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

Yeah it's a really good episode.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

OH MY GOD at the very end:

Vinny: "I don't want to watch NXT again."
Bryan: "Dude, I don't want to watch it again! But I have to. Actually I'm trying to get out of it. I'm gonna try to transition to 'Dave what did you think about NXT?' and let him go on for a while. And then talk about AEW."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tcyaDv-W8k

Jericho talks to PWI Editor Kevin McElvaney and Senior Writer Al Castle about the PWI 500. Best bit; Jericho talking about the #500 of the years, and he was like "Who the hell is Lulu Pencil? Wait, she's in AEW?"