Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FlocksOfMice
Feb 3, 2009
I can't tell if she's supposed to be covered in necrovines or ink because Mookie fell in love with one brush and now uses it for everything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.
I'm confused about scale is she huge?

Also if that is ink, what are the odds that this is just a dream because Mookie fell asleep?

Billy Gnosis fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Sep 27, 2021

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.
Chandak with a Dreamcast.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

FlocksOfMice posted:

I can't tell if she's supposed to be covered in necrovines or ink because Mookie fell in love with one brush and now uses it for everything
He's been drawing a lot of what is probably normal vegetation with that brush too.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

If it was a dream he'd draw Snout naked because he never misses a chance to draw these dumb characters naked

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
i really like black and white art and have read many a black and white comic, and I gotta say Mookie has to be the absolute worst in terms of making what should be simple objects/scenes completely unintelligible through his refusal to even use a variety of brushes for different poo poo

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

New page is up - finally, the answers we've been looking for!

Yes! We finally have the answer to the question of whether Snout's diary is ok! And what those symbols mean - we've NEVER had those explained before!

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
he should try using alcohol based ink so it isnt so water-soluble

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

It's a good thing he had his diary to remind him of the meaning of these incredibly obscure and complex symbols.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Oh also the renewal spiral is backwards. You'd think that would mean something, but it probably doesn't.

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.
"This looks like a Scripted Event. Let me pause, save the game, and check my Adventure Journal before triggering the next cutscene."

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

i would prefer this as a speedrun, snout just bunnyhops out of the wild edge and uses the skip companions glitch to get to the end faster

then he fucks up a jump and falls through the wall into the void below the level geometry, eternally

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Fister Roboto posted:

You'd think that would mean something, but it probably doesn't.

New thread title?

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

super sweet best pal posted:

New thread title?

Please, we've had the current one for so long

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Rotten Red Rod posted:

New page is up - finally, the answers we've been looking for!

Yes! We finally have the answer to the question of whether Snout's diary is ok! And what those symbols mean - we've NEVER had those explained before!

"I'm running out of things to write about" oh my god

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

Hm, strange runes on the water, I wonder what...oh yeah, those are exactly the ones I already know. Identically literally every one of the exactly three runes I've seen before. Thank god the arcane symbolic language of the dream realm, through which we will unlock the secrets of a centuries-old mystery, is slightly less complicated than a deck of playing cards.

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
Snout's companions floating face down after the crash just off screen

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Fister Roboto posted:

Oh also the renewal spiral is backwards. You'd think that would mean something, but it probably doesn't.

It's a Skyrim puzzle, Snout will have to rotate it to match the symbol.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

if he holds his head underwater it will be reversed

this is the solution but he should do it for an extended time

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
Making this comic must feel like such a chore to him.

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.

TheHan posted:

Making this comic must feel like such a chore to him.

that's definitely how it comes off

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
It always comes back to s h a p e s

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Fister Roboto posted:

Snout's got it written down backwards (only in that panel). Every other time it's matched the one in the water...

Except when Renewal has a totally different symbol.

Robot Style fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Sep 29, 2021

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
but that shape is not the gate, it is only the first step

step two is drawing the rest of the spiral (???)

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
Symbol of Vapid Incomprehension

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

Robot Style posted:

Snout's got it written down backwards (only in that panel). Every other time it's matched the one in the water...

Except when Renewal has a totally different symbol.

To be fair, the symbol started out as a spiral, became an enso when shown written in Snout's diary (twice), and then became a spiral again. It's possible that Mookie simply isn't distinguishing between the two. Anyway, the first and as far as I can recall most complete set of the "dream symbols" or whatever is from when Snout and Ink Witch were busking for spare change in Mongreltown, and it was a spiral then:

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

I love how 'endings' is just an X.

These are some of the worst symbols I've ever seen, they are completely caught up in trying to express the thing they mean with maximum simplicity.

Even an infinity sign, one of the most fundamental and straightforward symbols I can think of and which would fit into this set decently, is more dynamic than literally 'a cube means order, an X means stop'

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

SubG posted:

To be fair, the symbol started out as a spiral, became an enso when shown written in Snout's diary (twice), and then became a spiral again. It's possible that Mookie simply isn't distinguishing between the two. Anyway, the first and as far as I can recall most complete set of the "dream symbols" or whatever is from when Snout and Ink Witch were busking for spare change in Mongreltown, and it was a spiral then:

It's ok, mookie doesn't care.

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

Imagine taking notes in your dream magic class and then having to figure out if you wrote Expression or Mystery.

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

I bet Despair is a double frowny face.

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

"Freedom," in most TED Talk voice imaginable, "can bring..." turning the card slightly "...Challenges."

[murmurs from the audience]

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

He's done it. Mookie has distilled his entire conception of narrative tension into three economical panels with a visible "phew" at the end. Someone call Scott McCloud.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Well yeah, you wouldn't want Snout to ever have to lose anything he's going to miss.

https://twitter.com/mookiebean/status/1443245156044525571?s=20

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Howard Beale posted:

He's done it. Mookie has distilled his entire conception of narrative tension into three economical panels with a visible "phew" at the end. Someone call Scott McCloud.

I also just realized that panels 1 and 5 are traced from the same drawing of Snout. He's in the exact same position except for his face.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Robot Style posted:

Well yeah, you wouldn't want Snout to ever have to lose anything he's going to miss.

Of course, who would want to see the protagonist overcome adversity or hardships? That stuff is boring.

This is now the second time Snout's diary has seemingly been destroyed but turned out to be perfectly fine.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

As I recall, Ink Witch 2: Redactor actually did erase his journal, it just didn't matter that she'd done so.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

SubG posted:

Hm, strange runes on the water, I wonder what...oh yeah, those are exactly the ones I already know. Identically literally every one of the exactly three runes I've seen before. Thank god the arcane symbolic language of the dream realm, through which we will unlock the secrets of a centuries-old mystery, is slightly less complicated than a deck of playing cards.

Oh my god it's a "puzzle" from every loving modern video game where they show you the combination and then you enter the combination and you feel good because you got a little dopamine hit for being such a clever boy :keke:

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
This whole comic is based on mookie misunderstanding what "symbolism" means in regards to dreams and taking it way too literally

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Bismuth posted:

This whole comic is based on mookie misunderstanding what "symbolism" means in regards to dreams and taking it way too literally

Holy poo poo that is it, isn't it. Understanding dreams just means looking up the symbols you see in it in a book, lmao.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

BattleMaster posted:

Holy poo poo that is it, isn't it. Understanding dreams just means looking up the symbols you see in it in a book, lmao.

And also the symbols are literal symbols like letters and shapes, not like 'i dreamt of a rabbit running towards the rising sun' which is what most irl dream interpretation/symbolism stuff is like