Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Ayaka's burst sometimes shoots in an unexpected direction too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

Ultima66 posted:

In addition to Yoimiya burst straight up not hitting at all I assume this is also referring to poo poo like Diona/Venti/Sucrose burst where you have no loving clue which direction it's actually going to go in if there are multiple nearby enemies.

It's going to go at the nearest enemy, but as someone who has had any number of unexpected conversations with Timaeus or the sign outside Wanmin Restaurant I can attest that the game seems to frequently arrive at some very controversial notions as to what constitutes "nearest".

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
I've missed Diluc bursts before, and Diluc burst covers literally 180 degrees.

Mang Tomas
Jan 9, 2007
I’m just glad the community hasn’t resorted to assassinating the CEO… again…

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Ultima66 posted:

In addition to Yoimiya burst straight up not hitting at all I assume this is also referring to poo poo like Diona/Venti/Sucrose burst where you have no loving clue which direction it's actually going to go in if there are multiple nearby enemies.
Whoever wrote the "underhand toss burst target acquisition" code for this game just really hates the idea of you making good use of your powers.

Really, a QoL change I'd love to see for targeted bursts would be Press: Existing lockon have fun! targeting. Hold: Tosses to a ground-target (or a directional-target in the case of people like Diluc or Ayaka). That way, when you have time to aim, you can, and when you're just jumping in and burst-cycling before going melee ham on something, you can.

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The solution to all listed stuff is usually either technically impossible (you can make Mona dash or bow users clip surfaces... which will lead to them falling through geometry, yay!) or can be solved via a solution that will make it hated by a different group of players (usually mobile / console, as PC has way better navigation and positioning options in battle).

Also if you want to check out the fixes don't be stingy and read the patch notes, the QoL fixes even have their separate section in them.

sandorius
Nov 13, 2013
Personally, I wish we could choose to reject the artifacts rolled after we complete a domain. DEF goblet and HP circlet? Hell no, give me my resin back, let me run the domain again.

I've spent 20 fragile resin on the EoSF domain and I still don't have an ATK sands or CR circlet.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

Mang Tomas posted:

I’m just glad the community hasn’t resorted to assassinating the CEO… again…

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD
Normally I would agree but they already have skills in game that function like the solution described by Chernobyl Peace Prize(Keqing E, Geo MC E, Fischl E, etc). I actually mentioned this before and have put it on surveys. It wouldn't change how the ability worked by just tapping it but it would help when you wanted to aim.

Tanreall fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Sep 30, 2021

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Araganzar posted:

"Tell me you don't play Yoimiya without telling me you don't play Yoimiya"

If you miss with You it’s because there wasn’t anything where it fires it doesn’t just aim in a random direction.

E: Ayaka is probably the most justifiable for aiming randomly.

kater fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Sep 30, 2021

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

yeah as much as i'd like Sayu and Ayaka to just blast through areas it's one of those things that has deep roots in how they would need to address it, if at all. Albedovator's ridiculous fragility seems like a similar case, but i wonder if they could at least have the field and effects persist even if the construct breaks?

marginal improvements like smoothing out the alternate sprint they already did are where my expectations sit at least for now. if you use those characters a lot you get an eye for the stuff that likely causes trouble, and for the most part you're not running into these issues in high-pressure environments at least. i really would like some improved targeting though, Sucrose burst has never felt good to use. :( wrt Yoimiya i feel like most of my misses come from predictable situations where i'd have more of the blame, but that's anecdotal.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

YoshiOfYellow posted:

"Don't mention the fixes they haven't made since launch and also I haven't personally had problems with some of these things."

Okay sure man.

The idea that they don’t fix things because your list of five things that repeats two of em hasn’t been fixed is dumb.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Sanya Juutilainen posted:

The solution to all listed stuff is usually either technically impossible (you can make Mona dash or bow users clip surfaces... which will lead to them falling through geometry, yay!) or can be solved via a solution that will make it hated by a different group of players (usually mobile / console, as PC has way better navigation and positioning options in battle).

Also if you want to check out the fixes don't be stingy and read the patch notes, the QoL fixes even have their separate section in them.

Why can't monayaka dashes just work exactly the same as normal dashes WRT small ledges.
I still get caught on a tiny invisible barrier somewhere in Ayaka's own yard when I try to icedash from the teleporter to the rep board

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Tanreall posted:

Normally I would agree but they already have skills in game that function like the solution described by Chernobyl Peace Prize(Keqing E, Geo MC E, Fischl E, etc). I actually mentioned this before and have put it on surveys. It wouldn't change how the ability worked by just tapping it but it would help when you wanted to aim.
Yeah, that skill functionality is actually what made me think of it. Throw it on bursts! gently caress it! Go nuts.

Mirello
Jan 29, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Lol this is what I can't stand about this thread. There are many characters that are loving broken. Albedo is a great example. he's crippled without his construct, which randomly doesn't work against a ton of bosses. Yoimiya misses tons of her shots and ultimate. I mained diluc for a long time and would miss his ult a ton too. To pretend there's no autoaim issue is insane. It would be so easy to just let the players hold the ult button and place the ult, much like travellers geo construct.

Don't tell me it's because of programming errors. They let monas sprint issues fester for along time before incidentally fixing it because of ayaka's having the same issue. It's still not totally fixed but much better than it was before.

Imagine arguing against qol fixes? Like what?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

whos arguing against qol fixes lol

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

kater posted:

The idea that they don’t fix things because your list of five things that repeats two of em hasn’t been fixed is dumb.

They are also problems that have been in the game since launch so there's no good excuse that they still exist?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
It's irritating to watch hyperventilation about extremely unimportant crap in a game this massive. Like just take a few minutes to look at the absolute scale of what's been implemented in the game in the last year. It's not "arguing against qol fixes", it's a request to have some perspective. This is so much better than other games in so many ways (NOT business model obviously!) and people bring up the same seven minor points like it's indicative of devs not caring about the game when I've never seen a game on this scale with so much care put into it. Or don't, I guess, you can tell yourself the game is terrible and keep playing it every day too.

This is why people, like me now, get "baited" into replying to qol requests.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Sep 30, 2021

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Why can't monayaka dashes just work exactly the same as normal dashes WRT small ledges.
I still get caught on a tiny invisible barrier somewhere in Ayaka's own yard when I try to icedash from the teleporter to the rep board

I bet it's because of momentum physics stuff related to the higher-than-normal dash speed. Remember when Albedovators could launch you extra high? Good times, good times.

Mirello posted:

Albedo is a great example. he's crippled without his construct, which randomly doesn't work against a ton of bosses.

Hey, his construct fails to work in a perfectly predictable manner: boss hitboxes destroy the construct instantly, just like they destroy every other Geo construct. (Oceanid platform is an edge case; constructs can't be placed on it because the platforms move up and down, an object interaction that's a well-known cause of weird physics bugs AFAIK.)

It is an annoying issue that I would appreciate getting a fix for. Even so, the flower has a short enough cooldown and a wide enough range that he still works against most bosses with a bit of smart positioning. I use him against the PMA and Electroceanid just fine, and I could probably use him against Childe and Azhdaha as well (I don't, because I do them in co-op and like using my C2 Zhongli for that). Andrius and Oceanid are the only two bosses that stop him cold—two more than there should be, but not "a ton."

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

the geo construct thing is really funny though, since its just so incredibly stupid to design every boss in the game in a way where they'll break if they collide with something/get pushed up off the flat ground and in parallel made an entire element that has the gimmick of "making poo poo with collision." its an incredible example of two groups at a company completely failing to communicate with each other.

one cool thing i noticed when farming raiden is that if you drop zhongli's pillar in front of thunder manifestation while it charges it'll actually bonk the pillar and stop the charge phase of its attacks.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
This game's anniversary was, without a doubt, the worst anniversary ever. Rest assured that I was on internet within minutes registering my disgust throughout the world.

As a loyal player I feel they owe me.

Worst. Anniversary. Ever.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

gandlethorpe posted:

This game's anniversary was, without a doubt, the worst anniversary ever. Rest assured that I was on internet within minutes registering my disgust throughout the world.

tbf that episode of the simpsons is stupid because bart basically says comic book guy is an rear end in a top hat if he ever criticizes anything ever

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

gandlethorpe posted:

don't say that! we've got at least 9 more to go

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the worst anniversary will be when they do not release a gauntlet weapon type that punches hilichurls to death

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n

Radical posted:

the geo construct thing is really funny though, since its just so incredibly stupid to design every boss in the game in a way where they'll break if they collide with something/get pushed up off the flat ground and in parallel made an entire element that has the gimmick of "making poo poo with collision." its an incredible example of two groups at a company completely failing to communicate with each other.

I don't believe it's a coincidence that all the construct-making skills last a long time but ultimately* have ~6-second cooldowns. Being able to get them back up pretty quickly if they get destroyed is essential because of that design conflict.

*Geo Traveler's starts at 8sec but gets it lowered to 6sec at 20/30, Ningguang starts at 12sec but her C2 adds an instant refresh upon destruction once every 6sec, Zhongli has a 4sec cooldown on press.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Endorph posted:

the worst anniversary will be when they do not release a gauntlet weapon type that punches hilichurls to death

hey dont leak childe shift details

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Bloody Emissary posted:

I bet it's because of momentum physics stuff related to the higher-than-normal dash speed. Remember when Albedovators could launch you extra high? Good times, good times.

Okay, now what about archers, who move at normal speeds while aiming?

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Endorph posted:

tbf that episode of the simpsons is stupid because bart basically says comic book guy is an rear end in a top hat if he ever criticizes anything ever

Just to be clear, having criticism about the game is absolutely fine, and I think there's plenty of targets for critique. What I absolutely can't wrap my head around is "not enough free stuff"

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Because when you dash you go flying off of cliffs and sayu/mona/ayaka stop. This is due, I assume, to change in elevation detection deciding whether you should be stopped or not. Getting it right so that you don't go off of cliffs (ever) and do go over terrain is non-trivial.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Why shouldn't you go flying off cliffs when using those dashes?

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n

Clarste posted:

Reused code for convenience's sake? :shrug:

Could also have to do with how they calculate "aimed" stuff in relation to character position. Albedo, Fischl, and Geo Traveler get rooted in place when they do their hold-E ability aim, so maybe there's some jank in the coding that they're deliberately avoiding.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
Let Kokomi waterwalk permanently, please and thank you.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i really wish she had a floating sprint :sigh:

Kale
May 14, 2010

Endorph posted:

whos arguing against qol fixes lol

I would also have words for these people if they were to show themselves

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

Clarste posted:

i think this one is because it zooms in and you can't see your feet, so they're trying to avoid you falling off of stuff without noticing it? i dont think the way it works currently is very good, but i actually think a lot of the ranged characters feel really bad in general to play.

Mang Tomas
Jan 9, 2007
Sayu’s roll is coded like Ayaka and Mona’s sprint right?

textbookOrigins
May 29, 2013

This will end well.

Note Block posted:

Let Kokomi waterwalk permanently, please and thank you.

I just don't get why she can drown. :sigh:

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!
The game is fun, but the game's community is like every other community in that it sucks rear end.

My biggest QoL suggestion would be to have something like the sheikah sensor from botw so I can remember where the gently caress Valberries are because best maid needs them. Sure there's that official map that I've been using to keep track of other things, but it'd be nice to have something in game.

PassingPie
Aug 18, 2013

Clarste posted:

Why shouldn't you go flying off cliffs when using those dashes?

Because they don't want to deal with clipping issues or potential jankiness from the dash not starting and stopping on solid ground. Mona's dash looks bad enough after removing almost all of the animation frames to speed it up, imagine how it would look if she did the "rising out of the ground" animation in midair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

x1o posted:

The game is fun, but the game's community is like every other community in that it sucks rear end.

My biggest QoL suggestion would be to have something like the sheikah sensor from botw so I can remember where the gently caress Valberries are because best maid needs them. Sure there's that official map that I've been using to keep track of other things, but it'd be nice to have something in game.

that sensor is locked behind a 5 star unit in klee and her passive that marks mondstadt specialties on the map