Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
Thats a lot of crack and hookers Mike.
What were you thinking?

https://twitter.com/FeickJerry/status/1442348807514038279

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Went grocery shopping this morning and got extremely mad at Glenn Beck because he made it a little more personal than usual by lying like hell about Virginia. Started off by saying that teachers unions were colluding with state governments across the country to keep schools closed, then said that Dems in Virginia were trying to "rewrite history" by saying they were in favor of schools opening when actually they were trying to keep them closed. Beck said that the Dems saying they wanted schools to "open safely" was actually proof that they wanted the schools to remain closed.

Then a little bit later he said he was getting revelations from God telling him to tell his audience to keep copies of the founding documents because a time is coming where you "won't be able to find them," and to memorize the Bible because a time is coming where you "won't be able to access scripture." And that was pretty funny.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

Brother in law is so proud of his Tom MacDonald cds he just ordered even though he only heard of him less than two weeks ago.

He tells people that they need to “listen and wake up”.

Watching grifting help lead to radicalization is pretty insane.

Watching radicalization in general is weird. One of my oldest friends had always been pretty unpolitical up until covid. Don't think we talked about politics once in 30 years, and then early in the pandemic I see his wife talking heavily about how the quarantine is bad etc. Okay he owns a small business that was struggling before the lock down, she's probably just mad about that, and HE'S not saying any weirdo right-wing stuff so it's probably fine.

Fast-forward to a few weeks ago when he texted me a huge rant about how unvaccinated people are being treated as second-class citizens and the vax mandate is discrimination and etc etc. It's really wild how the last few years have broken so many brains.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Between atmospheric lead, 9/11, the 2008 crash, the first black president, and then Trump, it may be that their brains were already broke somewhere along the line.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/MikaelThalen/status/1442453023062515715?s=20

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

:sickos:

Cannot wait to dig into this later today.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

CodfishCartographer posted:

Watching radicalization in general is weird. One of my oldest friends had always been pretty unpolitical up until covid. Don't think we talked about politics once in 30 years, and then early in the pandemic I see his wife talking heavily about how the quarantine is bad etc. Okay he owns a small business that was struggling before the lock down, she's probably just mad about that, and HE'S not saying any weirdo right-wing stuff so it's probably fine.

Fast-forward to a few weeks ago when he texted me a huge rant about how unvaccinated people are being treated as second-class citizens and the vax mandate is discrimination and etc etc. It's really wild how the last few years have broken so many brains.

Just after the 08 election I go to the club and here's one or the regulars in full military uniform. He's all drunk and talking about "upholding his oath" and I just laughed.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
https://twitter.com/thedailybeast/status/1442449961719840771

Someone needs to do a poorly drawn parody cartoon that labels everything in the drawing. Since that's the mark of good illustrator.

"hoax", "the vaccination", "bleach", "horse pills", "denial", "ventilator"..."hospital FULL"...stick a mask and a U.S. flag in there somewhere. Maybe combine them. Throw in a bald eagle and a gun somewhere. Maybe a bible. Bunch of founding fathers praying around the bed.

I'd do it but I cant find/hold a job and am a little preoccupied.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
"DEAD CARTOONIST"

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

"DEAD CARTOONIST"

YES... HA HA HA... YES!

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Die of the hoax Garrison you hateful fucker. It'd be the best thing you could do at this point.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/MikaelThalen/status/1443303462054236160?s=20

They got FULL BOOTABLE disk images. This is hilariously bad.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

CommieGIR posted:

Owns

tek79
Jun 16, 2008

So for those more knowledgeable than I, what are the ultimate ramifications for the Epik hack? Does this mean we may, in theory, get Gab and Parler posts attributable to sitting senators or other politicians? How juicy are we talking?

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

tek79 posted:

So for those more knowledgeable than I, what are the ultimate ramifications for the Epik hack? Does this mean we may, in theory, get Gab and Parler posts attributable to sitting senators or other politicians? How juicy are we talking?

Parler itself has been openly hacked practically from the get-go. I doubt you're going to catch Matt Gaetz's openly 1488 alt account or anything. More likely you're going to see the continuing exposure of white supremacist EMTs, police, military and the like exposed individually and facing career consequences from it.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

If the people who came make the consequences happen care enough to do anything.

“Lt smith assured me he thought the Oathkeepers was a hot dog of the month club”

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Yeah, the Rittenhouse trial judge was claiming ignorance of what proud boys even were despite numerous prominent civil rights organizations labelling them as a hate group.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
For the less tech savvy, what they got wasn't some files or the contents of a database off of Epik. What they got was a bootable image. This means if you were so inclined you could download the hacked data, run a few other programs, and then start up a perfect duplicate of Epik's entire system on your own hardware and just do absolutely anything you want to it at will. That is so, so much worse than just getting the files. You don't have the keys to the kingdom because they're worthless at that point. You have the entire kingdom itself.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

CommieGIR posted:

While hilarious why is this RWM?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

HootTheOwl posted:

While hilarious why is this RWM?

Epik is the company that hosts most of the RWM sites like Gab and thedonald and whatever else there is now.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Epik is the company that hosts most of the RWM sites like Gab and thedonald and whatever else there is now.

Oh my gooooodddddd

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.

tek79 posted:

The data with all the personal info, credit cards, etc. is already damaging enough. Not to trigger a computer toucher derail, but with respect to the full disk images it really depends on what was hosted on the server itself, and that really depends on how they distributed the data around their infrastructure. If they have a single primary server running every application cloned around to multiple servers then the image has a copy of the exact infrastructure Epik runs for every website they host. On the other hand, if Epik runs different applications on different servers then they would only have a piece of the overall puzzle. Even if it's an exact copy, each copy of the server will have different access patterns because in order to run a website at scale you need to have more than one of them because people expect browsing in their web browser or on their phone to be a low latency experience. This often entails running web servers in different geographical locations and load balancing them such that traffic will take the shortest path and the user will see a fast response when they click on a link.

Keep in mind I'm really speculating since I don't have a copy of the image to look at but this

https://www.dailydot.com/debug/anonymous-new-epik-leak/ posted:

In this case, we are talking about the entire server image, with all the programs and files required to host the application it is serving.
Could mean "we have a full disk image of a caching server that was publicly exposed to the internet", which means it would just be storing copies of data (i.e. stupid memes of Trump, lovely posts from thedonald.win) that were already publicly visible, which wouldn't be as valuable as another target.

If they're using industry standard tools like Apache, MySQL, PHP or any other cookie cutter applications like WordPress then there could be very interesting tidbits in there like configuration files, any secrets they didn't already get in their initial hack, and logs of exactly whom was using the infrastructure. Information like this would let hackers much more precisely target vulnerabilities within Epik's infrastructure, since they would now have information like versions of software that their sysadmins haven't patched enabling more precise attacks, know if the hosts are running a firewall and what exact ports are exposed, as well as an idea of where they should look once they've gained access to the system. With respect to the information in the logs there also could be a wealth of information in there, but it depends on how often the logs get rotated and what exactly they log. There are regulations around what you need to log (e.g. Sarbanes-Oxley) but these fucks are Libertarians :lol:

The last thing off the top of my head, and the most unlikely imho because it would just be too funny, is if Epik has any custom source code and this server has a copy of it on disk. Bonus points if they have any secrets related to source control on disk, since hackers could potentially hack in to a system and commit malicious data to their source control repository which could potentially then be distributed to their entire infrastructure. What's source control you ask? Organizations of an appreciable scale these days use source control to store their exact infrastructure configuration, or it could be the source of truth for home-grown applications written in languages like Python, Java, C++ or any number of other programming languages at there.

If it's infrastructure as code, hackers now have the blueprint of how Epik's entire infrastructure is laid out.

If it's custom applications, and this could also be the exact source code that runs Parler or Gab, hackers could analyze the source code and find more vulnerabilities in it that they could use to further gain access to the system, DDoS the service, or any number of other fun things. This however is highly dependent on what language an application is written in and how defensive the software engineer(s) was when they wrote the application. It is incredibly hard to design and implement software with security in mind, and if Epik was scraping the bottom of the barrel they could be truly hosed if their critical infrastructure relied on something janky that a bunch of security researchers now have full access to see.

Really though just strap in and enjoy the show, there's a ton of data floating around out there and it takes time to sift through all of it. IT at Epik is likely going to be putting out fires for some time yet :cheers:

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Chud website American Greatness ran a hit piece on SD gov Noem, said she's loving Corey Lewandowski. Official denials on record.

https://twitter.com/emeriticus/status/1443180439674437639

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

GD_American posted:

Chud website American Greatness ran a hit piece on SD gov Noem, said she's loving Corey Lewandowski. Official denials on record.

https://twitter.com/emeriticus/status/1443180439674437639
She’s got a scandal right now because her daughter was refused a realtor license so she called the official and her supervisor to the capitol and had a closed door meeting at which said daughter was present. Suddenly the daughter has a realtors license.

Corey on the other hand is accused of sexually assaulting someone last weekend.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trumpworld-begs-him-to-ditch-sexual-predator-lewandowski?ref=home

Corey likes to talk about how he married a 9/11 widow, but is alleged to have cheated on her with Hope Hicks as well.

DARPA
Apr 24, 2005
We know what happens to people who stay in the middle of the road. They get run over.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

"DEAD CARTOONIST"

Woot.com is currently running a Ben Garrison's Funeral themed sale.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.
some of those that work forces are the same that burn crosses

https://twitter.com/mattkatz00/status/1443579662358093829

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

some of those that work forces are the same that burn crosses

https://twitter.com/mattkatz00/status/1443579662358093829

If only US law allowed internal terrorist organizations to come under the anti-terrorism laws.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I've honestly lost count of how many cops were at 1/6

We had a ton just from here in FL alone

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
Things are not going well for 'The Post Millenial', an alt-right newspaper that Andy Ngo edits.

https://twitter.com/chadloder/status/1443664508740767758?s=20

Basically, advertisers are finding out their ads are running next to straight White Supremacist content and are less than excited, and are fleeing in droves. The Post Millenial threatened to sue, and they got promptly smacked down, with a letter written by PopeHat.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

FlamingLiberal posted:

Which is funny to me looking at where we’re at now, where the virus is spreading uncontrolled in the south in the reddest states

A page back, but just to be clear; it's spreading uncontrolled everywhere in America. It's just doing it most rampantly and extremely in Trump country.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

A page back, but just to be clear; it's spreading uncontrolled everywhere in America. It's just doing it most rampantly and extremely in Trump country.
I need to find the Tweet, but a few days ago there was a graph of Biden counties vs Trump counties in cases and it's a very stark difference.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

FlamingLiberal posted:

I need to find the Tweet, but a few days ago there was a graph of Biden counties vs Trump counties in cases and it's a very stark difference.

Oh no, it is. But like the Open Biden approach is murderously terrible too.
It's just the question of uncontrolled spread vs active death cult. Biden is worthless and doing nothing to stop the uncontrolled spread, while the Republicans are actively on team COVID and helping it spread.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Finally some good news:

https://twitter.com/SebastianMurdoc/status/1443698848698970113?s=20

A default judgement is what is given when you don't show up to defend yourself in a case and it makes appealing the decision almost impossible since you can't point to any mistakes that happened in the first trial. In Jones's case, it sounds like the judge is so unbelievably sick of his bullshit that she took the nuclear option that most lawyers have never even seen in the wild.

quote:

"In considering whether lesser remedies would be effective, this Court has also considered Defendants’ general bad faith approach to litigation, Mr. Jones’ public threats, and Mr. Jones’ professed belief that these proceedings are ‘show trials’,” the court rulings read.

Lawyer Bill Ogden with Farrar & Ball told HuffPost that Gamble’s default judgment ruling is “a bit of a myth” in the legal world. 

“We learn about death penalty sanctions in law school as more of a theory, and it’s almost unheard of to have them handed down in a case like this,” Ogden said in an emailed statement. “However, the Sandy Hook cases are unique. It is extremely rare that a party (Alex Jones and Infowars) is ordered by the Court to comply with discovery, is sanctioned for failing to obey with the Court’s multiple Order(s), and then continues to blatantly disregard the Court’s authority by continuously refusing to comply.” 

Edited to add: unfortunately "death penalty sanctions" are just what they call these default judgements after showing up and wasting the court's time and not anything more severe

greazeball fucked around with this message at 08:57 on Oct 1, 2021

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

greazeball posted:

Finally some good news:

https://twitter.com/SebastianMurdoc/status/1443698848698970113?s=20

A default judgement is what is given when you don't show up to defend yourself in a case and it makes appealing the decision almost impossible since you can't point to any mistakes that happened in the first trial. In Jones's case, it sounds like the judge is so unbelievably sick of his bullshit that she took the nuclear option that most lawyers have never even seen in the wild.

Edited to add: unfortunately "death penalty sanctions" are just what they call these default judgements after showing up and wasting the court's time and not anything more severe

I can't believe a depressive guest appearance on an angry white dude comic book guy group stream hosted by a musty guy with a ballsack beard is going to be the last time anyone ever sees Alex Jones in a broad public capacity.

Dude's gonna have to sell a LOT of brainshit pills to recover for this one...

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
It's funny to me that he lives in Austin. Texas judges almost anywhere else would be more sympathetic to him, but as always, rich conservatives talk up the country life while being in Austin, Houston, or Dallas.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Regressive talk up THOSE CITY FOLK poo poo all the time, All of Fox News talkin heads live in gated communitys in the NYC tristate area, RushLOLLOL and other FL based people live in those megamcmansion.

The City vs Rural War is real, but its from the wrong pov.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I figured he would die in that job

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1443981763576045569?s=21

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Remember when he solicited donations to help victims of the Rwandan Genocide, then it turns out the planes were helping fly around his mining equipment?

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

I received an email notification and got really excited when I saw "Breaking: Pat Robertson, host of the 700 Club".

Alas, he's not dead; just retiring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

He deserves credit for the OAN model of having a pretty blonde read a news story then smile and nod agreeably while the boomer man tells us what to think about it.