Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.
Working as intended, will not fix

Look at this shithead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

vortmax posted:

Working as intended, will not fix

Look at this shithead

"Head Upside-Down" is one of my favourite cat poses and she does it so prettily! :3:

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

who else would like their cats in this year's calendar? any newcomers? the theme is cat Olympics.

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.

Shifty Pony posted:

who else would like their cats in this year's calendar? any newcomers? the theme is cat Olympics.

I would absolutely love it

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.

Shifty Pony posted:

please include my terrible cattes Luna and Solaire even if they're in the background

xcheopis posted:

"Head Upside-Down" is one of my favourite cat poses and she does it so prettily! :3:
She was trying so hard to get me to pet her and give her the lovins and the belly rubs. And I did it.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Shifty Pony posted:

lmao

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

vortmax posted:

please include my terrible cattes Luna and Solaire even if they're in the background

computer angel posted:

I would absolutely love it

if y'all could kinda think of what events (real or imaginary) your kitties would be up to as well as look through your piles of cat photos to get some that show their patterns and personality that would be fantastic.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Here's an exceptionally rare Sadie blep

And exceptionally common smug-comfy-Winston

felgs
Dec 31, 2008

Cats cure all ills. Post more of them.

Shifty Pony posted:

If you don't get enough entries, Lucky and Toaster obviously, but they've also been in the last two

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

I'd be game for Milly and Butters but not sure what their thing would be. Competitive barfing isn't very cute :v:

Maybe 1 yard dash or high jump to catch da bird

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Oscar for modern catnap pentathlon

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
sound on

https://i.imgur.com/WJV9uUC.mp4

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

:3:

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

looooool

raspurtin
Apr 18, 2005

feels good man

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

VelociBacon posted:

I've been told the cat thread in yospos is a cool and good place to post my cat. I hope this is the thread.

Quill is 12 weeks old and I just took her today for her second round of vaccinations. She did really well at the vet and barely noticed anything even happened:

But an hour or so later she started to give me looks like this

and now she's just feeling lovely and holding her favorite toy and resting, and getting lots of affection and comforting pats

[APPROVED]

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

There's no need to speak. You must only concentrate and recall all your past life. When a man thinks of the past, he becomes kinder.

:yosbutt:

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

I would love Pepper & Peridot in it! They haven't had a go yet.

As for events.... hmm, Pepper is bad at jumping but has been known to throw her toys around, and Peridot is great at jumping but terrified of everything, maybe track and field with peridot doing one of the jumping ones and pepper doing shot put or discus or something?

Wait pepper also loves playing the goalie soccer game where she sits in a corner and I roll a ball towards her and she dives to bat it out of the way

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Yo Quill would loooove to be in that. Her main activities are play fighting me and jumping all over the place/stalking me in preparation to fight me again. She especially loves going loving crazy and attacking toys (she never uses her claws on me):

She also likes to spy on me from her cat tree

And sleeping on my clean laundry

https://i.imgur.com/gqDFmQ9.gifv

But mostly, mostly this cat wants to throw paws.
https://i.imgur.com/A8QkKPF.mp4

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

quill is incredible :kimchi:

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.

Shifty Pony posted:

if y'all could kinda think of what events (real or imaginary) your kitties would be up to as well as look through your piles of cat photos to get some that show their patterns and personality that would be fantastic.

I found Lump abandoned near my in-laws house. I was out for a walk one day and she decided I'd make a good butler for her. She was right.
She is a dilute tortie with olive eyes and a white chin. She's elderly, so her favorite activities are napping, eating wet food, and biting her own toenails. She's a good girl.

Sehkmet
Oct 22, 2004
All I want is a kind word, a warm bed, and UNLIMITED POWER.

VelociBacon posted:

She also likes to spy on me from her cat tree

This kitten is too loving adorable.

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.

This is the best cat picture.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

biteyface :3:

yes

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Shifty Pony posted:

There should be a "Being gently pushed with the side of a foot"-floor routine event.

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

Shifty Pony posted:

I think my three (Hypatia, Tanuki, Smudge) would make good spectators or judges, unless that's too much of a pain.

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

Shifty Pony posted:

Here's an exceptionally rare Sadie blep

And exceptionally common smug-comfy-Winston

Sadie training for the Olympics
That can't be Winston. He's not yelling for food.

Golden-i
Sep 18, 2006

One big, stumpy family

Shifty Pony posted:

hamdog and refurb boxing, because all they do is beat the poo poo out of each other 24/7

mr Scoop
Feb 13, 2006

Help! Someone! Cut my head off, it's trying to murder the rest of me!

Grimey Drawer

Shifty Pony posted:

Rosie is working on her ribbon routine

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

lmao

Ofecks
May 4, 2009

A portly feline wizard waddles forth, muttering something about conjured food.

mr Scoop posted:

Rosie is working on her ribbon routine

Hello Miss Stripeypants! :swoon:

Boogalo posted:

Competitive barfing isn't very cute :v:

It wouldn't be cute, it would be amazingly hilarious to be put to artwork. Admit it. :colbert:

Electric Hobo posted:

There should be a "Being gently pushed with the side of a foot"-floor routine event.

pls do this too lol

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

5 yard dash with something indicating it's being done at 3AM

Bowl Vault (jumping onto the counter trying to get at a cereal bowl)

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

There's no need to speak. You must only concentrate and recall all your past life. When a man thinks of the past, he becomes kinder.
0m Free Style Dangle

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Flakey posted:

0m Free Style Dangle

Couch Routine: loaf, stretch, dangle

Curling but it's just the cat batting-chasing something across the floor

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Sundae is a world champion in the zero meter laser chase. She lets me know she's ready for training by claw tapping me several times a day.

https://i.imgur.com/ntEtVkw.mp4

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Bandire posted:

Sundae is a world champion in the zero meter laser chase. She lets me know she's ready for training by claw tapping me several times a day.

https://i.imgur.com/ntEtVkw.mp4

Let's just say Dave is more the contemplative type

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Electric Hobo posted:

Butters floor routine would be completely normal squirming around being cute and showing belly, but just out of reach of being petted then running away if I move closer.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
Cross post from the Austin thread. Today was kitten vet day, took them in this morning, and $1,653.80 later* they’re all sorted.

Orange and black are boys, the tabbies are both girls, I had assumed at least one was female because the smaller tabby (she’s nearest the food bowl in the photo below) has some brown tortie/calico markings that you can just barely see on her back - in addition to the tabby markings - and tortie splotches show up almost exclusively in females and maybe XXY males, because genes.

They are extremely dewormed and flea free, verified FIV and FeLV clean, and fully vaccinated (save a FeLV booster in a few weeks). Blood tests all good, fecal samples showed one with a tapeworm so they all got the worm nuking meds. Considering where I found them they’re remarkably healthy.

It’s now safe to set them up inside and have them around our cat Hennimore, he’s a bit freaked out by them, but they’re just hissing at everything right now so that might change. They’re also very, very drugged up right now. Vet said based on weight they’re probably only ~12 weeks old, maybe 14 since they could be underweight.

Since they’re younger than I thought they have a better chance of warming up to people so we’ll start working on that for a bit, and hopefully at least some of them will make good pets.

* weirdly, my job will let me do an expense report for the cost and pay me back

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.

Strong poo poo head energy from the one on the right plotting her revenge for the indignities she just faced at the vet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

skaboomizzy posted:

Oscar for modern catnap pentathlon

The many moods of Oscar