Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
https://twitter.com/doratles/status/1443106913638490112

loving sick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FatBagzJones
Apr 29, 2021
The 5 Star Grand Prix Finals PPV has been uploaded to Stardom World

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
Stardom Grand Prix finals was great. Those last three matches were something special.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/1443325899324149763

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Not really a surprise, what with Fujimoto & Haruka going over to Mexico soon.

That said, with the preexisting Bushiroad relationship you would think Stardom CMLL would make a bit more sense.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

forkboy84 posted:

Not really a surprise, what with Fujimoto & Haruka going over to Mexico soon.

That said, with the preexisting Bushiroad relationship you would think Stardom CMLL would make a bit more sense.

Also Rossy's true love is Lucha Libre

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

I would be shocked if Syuri doesn't win the Tokyo Sports award for Women's mvp. She has been on fire this year. Maybe not having the top title could hurt her but no one has been better this year.

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
Jungle leaving Stardom, not sure if its a retirement

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Doesn't say anything about retirement. She still plans to wrestle

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

honestly

good for her.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Sad to see her go but much happier she's not retiring. Jungle Kyona, top freelancer has a nice ring to it.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Wasn't the gimmick that Stardom made it very clear that she wasn't going to achieve anything?

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

It's probably the best for her as she wasn't elevated during her time there and with so many new additions, she would be treated as an afterthought.

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

Jungle Kyona vs Yunamon match when

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Give Jungle Kyona and Chie two swords

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Wait I might be wrong. She might be retiring.... I'm looking at it on my phone and it's a small screen

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Stall_19 posted:

Wait I might be wrong. She might be retiring.... I'm looking at it on my phone and it's a small screen

Someone did a machine translation and it didn't sound like a retirement but who knows if that's accurate or not.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Sorry my bad reading it again I'm still going with my first thought and she just leaving Stardom.

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
loving finally.

Also reading her statement in Japanese, it's pretty explicit about it not being a retirement. She even says "I think I'll be able to wrestle Stardom wrestlers again somewhere."

Johnny Landmine fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Sep 30, 2021

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Johnny Landmine posted:

loving finally.

Also reading her statement in Japanese, it's pretty explicit about it not being a retirement. She even says "I think I'll be able to wrestle Stardom wrestlers again somewhere."

That's what I thought. Then I was checking reddit and someone mentioned retirement and I thought I.may have made a mistake. Glad to see that's not the case

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Yeah. The gist of the translation I got was:

- She isn't retiring

- She still plans on wrestling elsewhere, just not STARDOM.

Not really shocked she isn't sticking around in STARDOM though. If you look at her booking there, they very clearly did not think very highly of her.

Interesting little note is that the verbiage she used is almost identical to the one Io Shirai used when she announced she was leaving STARDOM for WWE.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Sep 30, 2021

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

DarkstarIV posted:

Yeah. The gist of the translation I got was:

- She isn't retiring

- She still plans on wrestling elsewhere, no idea where though.

Interesting little note is that the verbiage she used is almost identical to the one Io Shirai used when she announced she was leaving STARDOM for WWE.

Don't you start

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Stall_19 posted:

Don't you start

Hey, just pointing it out. Don't shoot the messenger. :shrug:

While I'm not convinced she's going to WWE, I can't rule it out either considering she's kept in constant contact with Kairi, who functions as both an ambassador and talent scout for WWE over there.

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
To be fair, Japanese offers a good deal of boilerplate phrasings for these sorts of general situations, so I wouldn't read too much into that specifically

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
im working myself into a shoot over what started as joking speculation but: gleat women's division, maybe? mirai would fit there as well

i believe gleat's womens division is currently just Michiko Miyagi and, uh, Rin Rin, so seems good to start staffing up if they're serious about it

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Insertnamehere31 posted:

Jungle Kyona vs Yunamon match when

July 28th, 2018.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

i think she should go to GCW

FatBagzJones
Apr 29, 2021
STARS just can not catch a break at the time they desperately need it. Jungle returning would've been massive deal.

Stars has been put through a rough times since the start of 2020. Faction lost:
Arisa to retirement,
Saki and Ruaka to OT,
Tam formatted of the Cosmic Angels,
Saya injured
Fukigen and SLK to OT (which was brutal hit for faction, losing Kid hurt little bit too)
And now Jungle.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
Jungle Kyona is the Adam Page of Stardom

FatBagzJones
Apr 29, 2021
Sumire Natsu's reaction to Kyona's departure

https://twitter.com/SMR_sptmber_luv/status/1443432134685851653

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Tampa Bae posted:

Jungle Kyona is the Adam Page of Stardom

Wow can't believe Tony Khan buried Jungle Kyona, what a monster

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Jungle Kyona/Jungle Boy mixed tag team match.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Jungle Boy vs Jungle Kyona for the rights to the Jungle name

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

Jungle Kyona/Jungle Boy mother/son tag team

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Keep Kyona far away from America imo.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Mixed emotions about Kyona leaving. Obviously I'm thrilled she's continuing to wrestle, hopefully for a company that values her. I never thought in a million years she would leave STARDOM unless her body forced her to. She was so dedicated, and this could not have been an easy decision. I just hope she's okay.

And I hate to say it, but

Senerio posted:

Keep Kyona far away from America imo.

Every month STARDOM feels less like STARDOM and more like STARDOMTM

That's not to say that I don't still enjoy it. I just miss the old feeling. Well, most of it.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I don't know if this registers a blip with anyone but Natsu Sumire is gone from the Stardom roster page so she may be gone as well.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

I had sort of wondered what happened, because she was entertaining albeit not exactly a standout worker. Added a sort of Mean Girls vibe to Oedo Tai with the little I saw of her.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

TV Zombie posted:

I don't know if this registers a blip with anyone but Natsu Sumire is gone from the Stardom roster page so she may be gone as well.

Power Windows posted:

Every month STARDOM feels less like STARDOM and more like STARDOMTM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FatBagzJones
Apr 29, 2021
Jungle Kyona's will appear on a Nagoya radio show

https://twitter.com/junglekyona/status/1443575824750235659?s=19