Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

are the misery aliens responsible for jimmy fallon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

Nichael posted:

No that was alcohol.

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

Then again aliens did teach us farming and how to make beer so...

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋

The Demilich posted:

Then again aliens did teach us farming and how to make beer so...

it's already starting :negative:

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Nichael posted:

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol
skeptics saying, soyfacedly, that you can’t meditate so hard ufos appear when these very forums literally manifested a slenderman grovershooter

captainbananas
Sep 11, 2002

Ahoy, Captain!

GWBBQ posted:

at a previous job, the school of business director actually said, verbatim, "I can't hire someone and give them an office without a window" and went unchallenged while undergrad faculty were contractually guaranteed "an office" and facilities staff were busy replacing signs on storage closets and cramming as many desks as would fit into them. no, your office door doesn't have a window, just be happy that the floor tiles are certified asbestos-free

the biz school director may have been right from a fire code perspective?

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Coulthart talking about birds:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJpgwNkO7fY

mentions how he considers the the Aztec UFO case to be interesting, because of the research done on it decades later for a book, whose authors presented all their evidence to him. Based on that, he's not prepared to write it off as a hoax.

also mentions how one of his sources, a former astronaut, who he thinks "still had his marbles", claimed that he was told that a working UFO with "the lights on and the door open" had once been found by Mexican authorities, as if it had been left there on purpose. Then the Americans allegedly showed up and stole it at gunpoint. lol must have been by the border if true or maybe the men in black are flying throughout mexico in stealth birds and stealing alien alloys

also mentioned his sources mentioning people allegedly finding alleged alien materials at roswell (allegedly) :cthulhu:

says he was told that the US has allegedly had technology to track UFOs via the correct "frequencies", for the past 40 years

mentions UFOs entering and exiting the ocean off the coast of florida during the cold war

nuclear bird connection

"anomalous technology"

"this is weird poo poo"

"no balloon ur a balloon" -ross coulbird

Rah! has issued a correction as of 13:19 on Sep 29, 2021

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Rah! posted:

Coulthart talking about birds:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJpgwNkO7fY

mentions how he considers the the Aztec UFO case to be interesting, because of the research done on it decades later for a book, whose authors presented all their evidence to him. Based on that, he's not prepared to write it off as a hoax.

also mentions how one of his sources, a former astronaut, who he thinks "still had his marbles", claimed that he was told that a working UFO with "the lights on and the door open" had once been found by Mexican authorities, as if it had been left there on purpose. Then the Americans allegedly showed up and stole it at gunpoint. lol must have been by the border if true or maybe the men in black are flying throughout mexico in stealth birds and stealing alien alloys

also mentioned his sources mentioning people allegedly finding alleged alien materials at roswell (allegedly) :cthulhu:

says he was told that the US has allegedly had technology to track UFOs via the correct "frequencies", for the past 40 years

mentions UFOs entering and exiting the ocean off the coast of florida during the cold war

nuclear bird connection

"anomalous technology"

"this is weird poo poo"

"no balloon ur a balloon" -ross coulbird

Cool will add it to the list. Still working through his interview with the woowoo Curt Jaimungal. He, like :tinylue:, is pretty adept at getting away from the really out there questions. Still don't get his thing with cattle mutilations though.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
I know the guy's supposed to be legit but some of the stuff he comes out with is so mindbending and, like, so close to the kinda completely whacko poo poo that the very fringes of the ufo movement (and that's saying something) have been insisting on for years that I just can't help but think that either he's decided to pack in the investigative journalist thing and get on board the grift train, or he's more credulous than you might suspect and is being strung along by the government, nutters, or government nutters.

Maybe it's just that I stopped smoking quite so much weed over the last couple weeks. my bird brains have started to recede and my tyson brain is getting back in the driver's seat

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Bilirubin posted:

Cool will add it to the list. Still working through his interview with the woowoo Curt Jaimungal. He, like :tinylue:, is pretty adept at getting away from the really out there questions. Still don't get his thing with cattle mutilations though.

yeah, and when he does get to the more out there things, he mentions that he/his sources could be wrong

in part 2 he says that he thinks that a main reason for UFO secrecy is just incompetence, and certain people in charge not wanting to admit that they don't know everything. Also says that cool UFO stuff has been in the hands of the private sector for a while now. Also talks about skinwalker ranch and how the DIA allegedly witnessed the bird entities or whatever the gently caress instantaneously disable cameras.

as for cattle mutilations the only stories that seem interesting to me are the ones that allegedly happened over a short period of time. Like, a farmer saw their cow and its fine, and then 30 minutes later its all chopped up. If true, that's pretty weird. Everything else seems explainable by decomposition and animals/bugs eating the bodies and whatnot.

Rah! has issued a correction as of 15:02 on Sep 29, 2021

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Barry Foster posted:

I know the guy's supposed to be legit but some of the stuff he comes out with is so mindbending and, like, so close to the kinda completely whacko poo poo that the very fringes of the ufo movement (and that's saying something) have been insisting on for years that I just can't help but think that either he's decided to pack in the investigative journalist thing and get on board the grift train, or he's more credulous than you might suspect and is being strung along by the government, nutters, or government nutters.

Maybe it's just that I stopped smoking quite so much weed over the last couple weeks. my bird brains have started to recede and my tyson brain is getting back in the driver's seat

he mentions the possibility that he's being strung along by crazies or fed misinformation in that video lol. seems like he's trying not to just blindly believe poo poo

of course all of this sounds pretty crazy to begin with :tinylue:

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Rah! posted:

Also says that cool UFO stuff has been in the hands of the private sector for a while now

It's weird because it's a short leap from "unidentified objects zooming around in the sky doing insane poo poo" (which I do accept, and which is quite out there enough already) to "said unidentified objects might crash, and people might find them" but I'm having trouble making that leap, not least because "UFO technology is already in the hands of the MIC, it happened at Roswell!" has been one of the rallying calls of the lunatic fringe since, well, the 40s, and if it winds up being fucken TRUE then my brain is like "well might as well start genuinely believing in Bigfoot as well, then"

Rah! posted:

he mentions the possibility that he's being strung along by crazies or fed misinformation in that video lol. seems like he's trying not to just blindly believe poo poo

of course all of this sounds pretty crazy to begin with :tinylue:

Yeah I've watched bits and bobs with him and he does (usually) make a bunch of caveats, which I suppose is fair enough. Still, though.

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Bilirubin posted:

is jaimungal a woo guy? that interview was my first exposure to him and he seemed to lean heavily on his physics background (?).

it was probably the best interview i've seen with coulthart tbh

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Hooplah posted:

is jaimungal a woo guy? that interview was my first exposure to him and he seemed to lean heavily on his physics background (?).

he seemed....kinda incurious? it was really weird how the interview was 100% audience questions with no followups from jaimungal at all. i don't know how someone with a genuine interest in what coulthart was saying could have sat there and just been like "hmmmm, interesting, interesting, anyway next question"

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Hooplah posted:

it was probably the best interview i've seen with coulthart tbh

I get an interface between physics and consciousness vibe from him, considering the topics he covers generally and the types of questions asked during the Lue interview. Have not watched the Couthart interview.

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋
https://twitter.com/weatherindia/status/1443220120352935937
2031, ~dist of Saturn's orbit.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Bilirubin posted:

I get an interface between physics and consciousness vibe from him, considering the topics he covers generally and the types of questions asked during the Lue interview. Have not watched the Couthart interview.

Watching it now. Curt is actually very engaged and asks his own questions--the discussion about disinformation in intelligence work is a particular highlight for me. e. its actually a prolonged discussion that gets into cyber security and other subjects And he's a fellow Canadian so lol

Couthart makes a strong statement that he actually won't believe any of the stuff he's told (like the US being in possession of alien tech) until he sees it, he's just exploring it and takes it seriously given this disinformation.

eta: lol the transcriptionist has apparently never heard an Aussie accent before the errors in the closed captioning are hilarious

Bilirubin has issued a correction as of 03:51 on Sep 30, 2021

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Looking into it, it certainly does look like a (possibly modified/revised, looks like it shares some features but is missing others, could be a lifting body) XB-47 or similarly shaped drone fuselage cross-section mockup, with the mounting locations on top for it to be mounted upside-down for testing. I wouldn't be surprised if the contractor that took the video and maybe even the dude driving the truck got a talking to about ITAR/EAR lmao, don't drive your radar cross section models in front of Joe Hole Digger on his phone!!!

Justin Tyme has issued a correction as of 03:39 on Sep 30, 2021

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

https://twitter.com/TheDEWLine/status/1440806852560707587

captainbananas posted:

the biz school director may have been right from a fire code perspective?
Offices were on the 3rd floor and windows didn't open.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

looks like america caught a wily chinese surveillance drone

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Wheeee posted:

looks like america caught a wily chinese surveillance drone

that, along with a lot of other aspects of this uap poo poo, feels like intel disinfo shenanigans for prc consumption rather than accidental release for domestic consumption

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

it's aliens

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Delta-Wye posted:

that, along with a lot of other aspects of this uap poo poo, feels like intel disinfo shenanigans for prc consumption rather than accidental release for domestic consumption

yea i am long since convinced that there is indeed a phenomenon, but i also am comfortable in assuming that the shape of disclosure is largely inspired by america’s current quiet cold war with china

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

why would they drive on open roads during the day?

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 212 days!

Wheeee posted:

yea i am long since convinced that there is indeed a phenomenon, but i also am comfortable in assuming that the shape of disclosure is largely inspired by america’s current quiet cold war with china

meanwhile in china:

"should we tell them about the fenghuang?"

"nah, let them freak out over birds, lol"

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

toggle posted:

why would they drive on open roads during the day?

potentially that is one of the uaps harassing the navy and they want to show off the bird they caught?

could also be some random radar test captured by some construction worker with a cell phone tho, who knows

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Delta-Wye posted:

some random radar test captured by some construction worker with a cell phone

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Delta-Wye posted:

potentially that is one of the uaps harassing the navy and they want to show off the bird they caught?

could also be some random radar test captured by some construction worker with a cell phone tho, who knows

It does to me look like the stealth equivalent of a wind tunnel test on a design model but I'm a dumbass who knows

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Culled this from one of the weirder reddits (can't remember which), always good for a slow work day. Three and a half thousand pages of encounters with weird humanoids!

https://studylib.net/doc/25610504/albert-rosales-1000bc---2007-humanoid-reports

Aragosta
May 12, 2001

hiding in plain sight

I found this YouTube video in some article about this. It's a short video on stealth from 13 years ago and at the 1:45 mark they show this craft in the background.

https://youtu.be/0LIqRshUoPc

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Aragosta posted:

I found this YouTube video in some article about this. It's a short video on stealth from 13 years ago and at the 1:45 mark they show this craft in the background.

https://youtu.be/0LIqRshUoPc

Hey look at that, very similar

raspurtin
Apr 18, 2005

Is that Aurora?

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
when's the next Black Triangle dropping?!

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

not enough gratitude has been uploaded to the sky since the last one

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

Mywhatacleanturtle posted:

Are all of the books sold out? Even if it’s a book outside of this threads purview, some of the other ones sound interesting…

some have said they’ll digitize theirs but it’s lookin pretty goon-projecty

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

they parked one of those stealth drones in some wrapping on the back of a flatbed right off the beltway years back. caused this same sort of "wait our death machines look that futurey?!" stir

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

The Saucer Hovers posted:

they parked one of those stealth drones in some wrapping on the back of a flatbed right off the beltway years back. caused this same sort of "wait our death machines look that futurey?!" stir

all of the stealth drones look like that, anyway.

the funny thing is that the birds from the navy are all reported as saucers or tic tacs or poo poo, not flying wings. clearly the defense industry is going in the wrong direction.

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

Log082 posted:

all of the stealth drones look like that, anyway.

the funny thing is that the birds from the navy are all reported as saucers or tic tacs or poo poo, not flying wings. clearly the defense industry is going in the wrong direction.

literally all the wings/triangles whatever are just american/whoever stealth tech and it's a good criteria to dismiss a report over. real UAPs don't care about aerodynamics or lifting surfaces or anything really

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Marzzle posted:

literally all the wings/triangles whatever are just american/whoever stealth tech and it's a good criteria to dismiss a report over. real UAPs don't care about aerodynamics or lifting surfaces or anything really

wings yes, triangles maybe not. there are some weird rear end triangle stories out there