Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

koren posted:

Why would you try to mash a commercial game on the zdoom engine and a doom gore wad together?

I wanted to see what would happen

It meshes surprisingly well!

Also I wanted to see if I could mash a wad in there full stop, maybe if I could edit some values in Hedon I could stop feeling so sick when I play it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
SMEJ Jam is out, bringing you 10 new Quake maps inspired by and using resources and new monsters from the Suomi Mapper Episode Jam mods. Map jams themed on map jams. What a world.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert

Quantum of Phallus posted:

oh no no no

it was before CoD!

Cod1 is a good clone of allied assault then.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

From what I remember a lot of the Allied Assault staff went to form Infinity ward

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Overbite posted:

I had the hankering to play a WW2 shooter so I got a bunch of Medal of Honor games. Allied assault is on game pass and so is airborne I think, and also have the ps2 games. The ps2 games control real bad and the pc allied assault seems like a bad call of duty clone so far. Any really good ww2 shooters besides cod1, rtcw, and I guess sniper elite 4 even though that’s third person?

Wolfenstein 2009 will always top my list, also the original Medal of Honor for PS1 still holds up pretty well from my recollection

it's a shame that and the riddick games never got proper ports, all the console versions are 30fps at best. i remember darkness 1 running really poorly on PS3

Honestly The Darkness 1 is a mediocre* shooter that happens to have a fantastic story attached to it, The Darkness 2 is overall a much superior game, and I would give up a nonessential organ or two for it to get an HD Remaster and maybe even the third game that it's ending was very blatantly a tease for

*as in it barely functions as an FPS at all

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I never played 2 but I see it runs on newer Xbox consoles so I might pick it up cheap second hand. I think a lot of devs from those games went on to make the newer Wolfenstein series.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

it's a shame that and the riddick games never got proper ports, all the console versions are 30fps at best. i remember darkness 1 running really poorly on PS3

Riddick games did get ported, twice. The original is DVD only and has some weird compatibility issues, whereas the Steam version has terrible DRM and was also delisted. I think you may be able to find a key somewhere but it may not be cheap. GOG release is fine though but sadly is not available at all these days unless you're a pirate.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Overbite posted:

I had the hankering to play a WW2 shooter so I got a bunch of Medal of Honor games. Allied assault is on game pass and so is airborne I think, and also have the ps2 games. The ps2 games control real bad and the pc allied assault seems like a bad call of duty clone so far. Any really good ww2 shooters besides cod1, rtcw, and I guess sniper elite 4 even though that’s third person?

Calling Medal of Honor: AA a Call of Duty clone is pretty lmao

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Ahh the period where every other game was a WWII shooter, let’s not ever do that again.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Ah yes, much better now that every game is set in the "uninspiring near future"

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
I just want to shoot a nazi in the butt and balls

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Overbite posted:

someone just got permabanned for that

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Fame Douglas posted:

Ah yes, much better now that every game is set in the "uninspiring near future"

Both suck and we should have gotten a new era of sci-fi FPSes, but instead the games industry just went back to alternating between WW2 and MMS.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Weedle posted:

someone just got permabanned for that

butt and balls are stored in the toes

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Overbite posted:

try sniper elite

Grimthwacker
Aug 7, 2014

drrockso20 posted:

Wolfenstein 2009 will always top my list, also the original Medal of Honor for PS1 still holds up pretty well from my recollection

Honestly The Darkness 1 is a mediocre* shooter that happens to have a fantastic story attached to it, The Darkness 2 is overall a much superior game, and I would give up a nonessential organ or two for it to get an HD Remaster and maybe even the third game that it's ending was very blatantly a tease for

*as in it barely functions as an FPS at all

I'm still surprised that The Darkness 2 is still $30 on Steam. 2K gonna 2K I guess.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Potsticker posted:

butt and balls are stored in the toes

that’s why that guy is called tiny toese

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Convex posted:

Riddick games did get ported, twice. The original is DVD only and has some weird compatibility issues, whereas the Steam version has terrible DRM and was also delisted. I think you may be able to find a key somewhere but it may not be cheap. GOG release is fine though but sadly is not available at all these days unless you're a pirate.

Sorry meant to say ported to modern consoles. I have Butcher Bay on OG XBOX and Dark Athena on PS3 (not a bad port tbh) and PC DVD (I don’t think it’ll even install)

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause
I never played The Darkness 1 but it always seemed neat. I bought The Darkness 2 and tried my best to enjoy it but that stupid little imp creature thing with the ridiculous british accent that leads you everywhere absolutely drove me insane and I had to drop it. He was somehow worse than Claptrap, which I didn't think was possible.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
I really liked The Darkness 2, I wish the first one had come to PC but at least there's an option now.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Loved Darkness 2, so cool. Anything with akimbo pistols is cool. I love John Wick, but this non-two gun world we've been in, John Woo ain't widdit. Let us hope that in Matrix 4, Trinity does some dope two gun poo poo while flipping in slow-mo, and we can be rad once again.

Saw a couple Duke posts in recent pages, aye, I too have been having Duke thoughts. Allen Blum and Levelord should be level design consultants in all shooter games. At least some of them. I'd hire 'em.

Half-life 3, just thought I'd mention that too while Im posting, it's gonna occur one day. I've been posting about these series since 99 when I was 13, and it is out of respect that I will continue posting about these until we have at least 10 in each series. Ditto for Doom and Quake. New IP is good too, but much like the Metroid fan, or Mega Man, you just know when you need more. Done proper.

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!

Overbite posted:

The Brothers in Arms games are good. They play more like an arcadey version of tactical shooters where you switch between teams in your squad to suppress and flank enemies. If you play the first two, (Road to Hill 30 and Earned in Blood, respectively), then it is mandatory to download Rendroc's Warzone Mod. It has a plugin that fixes bugs with the PC port's friendly soldiers' AI scripting.

treat
Jul 24, 2008

by the sex ghost
MoH:AA was a lot more about the multiplayer than the single player game. I might be pulling that out of my rear end, but this is an rear end filled with fun memories of running around with the BAR in TDM and absolutely zero recollections of the single player.

treat
Jul 24, 2008

by the sex ghost

The Kins posted:

SMEJ Jam is out, bringing you 10 new Quake maps inspired by and using resources and new monsters from the Suomi Mapper Episode Jam mods. Map jams themed on map jams. What a world.

Holy cow, this sure is in the spirit of smej. There are some real nasty bastards in this jam.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Maybe with rcps3 it'll end up being like Drakengard 3 where it gets transformed from a slideshow of garbage into actually running smoother.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

treat posted:

MoH:AA was a lot more about the multiplayer than the single player game. I might be pulling that out of my rear end,

You are absolutely pulling this out of your rear end, all the press focus at the time was about the single player and how Spielberg was involved with the narrative.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

treat posted:

MoH:AA was a lot more about the multiplayer than the single player game. I might be pulling that out of my rear end, but this is an rear end filled with fun memories of running around with the BAR in TDM and absolutely zero recollections of the single player.

At that time most people were still no introduced to online Internet gaming, you were in the minority.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

treat posted:

MoHAA had a really fun MP (that needed a mod for competitive play) but the focus was definitely the cinematic campaign with the Omaha mission being the star.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Overbite posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkL9yaFC14k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcJ2fvFOhfA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlZSzaXaqpY

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Call of Duty 1 & 2 multiplayer were big in our Battlefield 1942 clan as alternative games to play.

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

WW2GI

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause
Here comes a new challenger.

Don't know much about this yet but it mite b good. I for one am stoked about this gamut of shooters that have lady protagonists.

https://twitter.com/ironworksgames/status/1443471469325930504

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Al Cu Ad Solte posted:

Here comes a new challenger.

Don't know much about this yet but it mite b good. I for one am stoked about this gamut of shooters that have lady protagonists.

https://twitter.com/ironworksgames/status/1443471469325930504
Here's a recent screenshot from the dev's personal account.

https://twitter.com/stupidhoroscope/status/1442832051212730369

Digging the style.

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause

The Kins posted:

Here's a recent screenshot from the dev's personal account.

https://twitter.com/stupidhoroscope/status/1442832051212730369

Digging the style.

Oh that's what that's for! Neato. Yeah I like the style a lot. Like Build Engine 2 or something.

caleb
Jul 17, 2004
...rough day at the orifice.

Al Cu Ad Solte posted:

I never played The Darkness 1 but it always seemed neat. I bought The Darkness 2 and tried my best to enjoy it but that stupid little imp creature thing with the ridiculous british accent that leads you everywhere absolutely drove me insane and I had to drop it. He was somehow worse than Claptrap, which I didn't think was possible.

"Oi monkey!" "Why are we standing around?"

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

You are absolutely pulling this out of your rear end, all the press focus at the time was about the single player and how Spielberg was involved with the narrative.

So Spielberg might be responsible for Snipertown? :argh:

And I agree that the Omaha Beach mission was the star. Medal of Honor: Frontline (for consoles) was released in the same year and also had a mission there.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
The year is 1998. It is time for journalism

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Convex posted:

very wholesome answers tbh

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
I was in an Interstate '76 clan. We called them gangs, as in biker gangs. Good times with Vigilantes Special Forces

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

which way to the MACHINES?

Convex posted:

"How did you pick the name for your team of Super Mario World Speedrunners?"

"Well, Sonic the Hedgehog was on the Genesis, so