Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Rick posted:

Also yeah, Burn Notice ruled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

Burn Notice was and still is awesome!

Bruce Campbell for the win.
AS A SPY was good but Psyche was the real best USA show

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Burn Notice was very good...

until Season 5 or so when it got so lost in its backstory that it stopped being fun. Kind of like the X-Files.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Tampa Bae posted:

Anyone who's ever said "end the brand split" didn't watch the six times they ended the brand split and it's just one show on two episodes. Sometimes half of a show is nothing but recaps or rematches from the other show

Well, then, they shouldn't do it like that.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
but here is the thing, they will and have.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/burn-notice-game-show/2751223

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

I've never actually seen this sketch, but heard a bunch about it from friends when I would try to shill it.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Instead of ending the brand split they could try something really outside the box like make a show people want to watch.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Cancel RAW and replace it with Burn Notice reruns, legitimately my favorite show until Anson showed up and the show got bad

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Hunter needs to do a proof of life video otherwise I’m just gonna keep believing he’s in a coma

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
bring back silk stalkings lol

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
what the gently caress is a codyverse

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Ad by Khad posted:

what the gently caress is a codyverse

It's been discussed in the Getting into AEW thread but it's a term used for the booking surrounding Cody Rhodes in AEW that leans into the Southern Style aesthetic of blood and melodrama that the Rhodes family is indelibly tied to thanks to Dusty.

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID
WWE will book their weekly shows repetitively no matter what, yes, but the brand split FORCES them to do that by deliberately spreading the roster thin and cannibalizing the midcard to prop up a second "world" title. I was never for bringing the brand split back to begin with, but it seems to have helped their TV deals, so it's probably here to stay at least for the time being.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Nick Jr. Face posted:

bring back silk stalkings lol

And La Femme Nikita.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I'm 100% sure if WWE ended the brand split we'd still end up with the same matches over and over on all of the shows

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

In a vacuum the brand split is a good idea, but unfortunately WWE focuses on a handful of talent at the best of times and leaves everyone else to rot. If one wanted to be incredibly generous the brand split would mean 12 folks would be booked positively rather than only 6, but of course WWE only books 1 or 2 people well, meaning that the other 10 get enough heat to get attention but are repeatedly made to look like geeks rather than valuable talent. When folks argue for the removal of the brand split the mindset is that there won't be split titles or divisions thus everything will gain in prestige and booking can be simpler and therefore more more effective, but the result usually ends up being an A show worth watching and a B show that is primarily recaps and the same 2-4 people actually mattering while those who had relevance during the split become even more irrelevant.

So of course I think removing the brand split is a great idea because it means WWE will dig their grave faster.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

maruhkati posted:

WWE will book their weekly shows repetitively no matter what, yes, but the brand split FORCES them to do that by deliberately spreading the roster thin and cannibalizing the midcard to prop up a second "world" title. I was never for bringing the brand split back to begin with, but it seems to have helped their TV deals, so it's probably here to stay at least for the time being.
When WWE doesn't have a brand split the other brand's main event becomes the mid-card, I'm being so sincere have you ever watched the WWE when they dissolved the brand split? The best they ever did was Cena making the US title exclusive to RAW and Daniel Bryan making the IC title exclusive to smackdown and nothing else mattered because it was just recaps and rematches on Smackdown.

As long as RAW is on USA and Smackdown is on Fox they're not going to dissolve the brand split because both networks want exclusive content and not a repeat of the other channel's show

WWE couldn't even manage to see Elias through a gimmick change on one show

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
If the brand split ends, the conga line of geeks chasing the 24/7 title is gonna grow that much longer.

They still do that, right?

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Grendels Dad posted:

If the brand split ends, the conga line of geeks chasing the 24/7 title is gonna grow that much longer.

They still do that, right?
It was last seen a month and a half ago in a skit where Reginald was doing parkour

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

SatoshiMiwa posted:

I'm 100% sure if WWE ended the brand split we'd still end up with the same matches over and over on all of the shows

the last time they ended the brand split smackdown was just raw copied and pasted but changed juuuuuust enough to not be the same matches and finishes. it was a completely lame duck show and resulted in far less wrestlers being featured than when it was split the first time

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

STONE COLD 64 posted:

the last time they ended the brand split smackdown was just raw copied and pasted but changed juuuuuust enough to not be the same matches and finishes. it was a completely lame duck show and resulted in far less wrestlers being featured than when it was split the first time
No but you see it'll be different this time because,

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

TheKingslayer posted:

And La Femme Nikita.

And Duckman

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

TheKingslayer posted:

And La Femme Nikita.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

1glitch0 posted:

And Duckman

And Counterstrike.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KfHIpwluNw

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

1glitch0 posted:

And Duckman

gently caress that series finale.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

STONE COLD 64 posted:

To be fair, nowadays both Raw and Smackdown are also copied and pasted with minor changes except from the last week's shows.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
I said it a while back but the Brand Split argument has basically the same problem as the PG Rating and 2 Hour Raw argument.

Making the show PG-13 won't fix the bad booking and stupid storylines and worthless characters. They'll be doing the exact same crap as always but with a little more blood. Making RAW 2 hours won't fix any of these problems, the only result is even less wrestlers getting on TV and people who actually watch the show suffer 2/3rds as much. Ending the Brand Split just means both Raw and Smackdown will have the same matches and somehow even less people getting TV time.

I think legit the only things that will ever change how WWE operates are if Vince finally sells it off and retires, Vince finally dies, or they somehow gently caress up so bad both Raw and Smackdown are kicked off TV.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Drakkel posted:

people who actually watch the show suffer 2/3rds as much

This would be an improvement tbf :v:

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014

Rarity posted:

This would be an improvement tbf :v:

Unless the goal is to make people who watch Raw suffer :unsmigghh:

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Q7kid posted:

Cody Rhodes vs. Shane McMahon in the Codyverse. Book it, BBT.

Triple H was always too smart to get involved in the kiss of death that working with Shane has been the last fifteen years but is Triple Cody?

MassRafTer posted:

Burn Notice was very good...

until Season 5 or so when it got so lost in its backstory that it stopped being fun. Kind of like the X-Files.

I wonder if I would appreciate late Burn Notice the way I came to appreciate late X-Files when I was going through a particular phase where the only way I could fall asleep was during the daily four hours of X-Files on TNT every morning.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Shane McMahon released on his birthday

Alexander Hamilton
Dec 29, 2008

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Shane McMahon released on his birthday

It’s generally considered good form to paste Vince’s tweets directly instead of just copying & pasting the text

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

Shane McMahon should be Matt Cardona's manager

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Either end the brand split, or make the split harder, IMO. With cross brand appearances allowed, each top title feels less important than it should.

But all of that is actually secondary. There's exactly one thing Vince could do to save WWE creative, and it's the one thing he'll never do: get out of the way. Just give one person the book (or two people if you have a hard brand split), stop scripting promos. I'd say stop hiring Hollywood writers as well, but you know, if you're going to hire them, stop tearing up their scripts the afternoon of the show. WWE still has a great roster. Just let them do their thing.

I know they keep making more and more money but eventually there's got to be a tipping point. TV contracts are built in for years at a time but they won't get the same attractive contracts if nobody watches the shows.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Shane showing up at GCW would be cool and funny

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
You guys keep wasting time talking about what WWE needs to do to improve when we all already know the answer

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Nick Jr. Face posted:

You guys keep wasting time talking about what WWE needs to do to improve when we all already know the answer

Bring back Buff Bagwell

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Nick Jr. Face posted:

It's compulsive to want to fix something so loving broken. This is far from the only place I've seen this kind of thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Shane showing up at GCW would be cool and funny

Cardona & McMahon vs. SGC for the tag titles; book it, coward Brett