Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
favourite number
This poll is closed.
835 3 2.29%
2 14 10.69%
3,400,981 17 12.98%
11 19 14.50%
21 13 9.92%
7070 12 9.16%
58008 53 40.46%
Total: 131 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Rarity posted:

This is Rarity erasure

October Chat Thread:

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

I learned everything I know, both good and bad, from Rarity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

ethanol posted:

who's getting hot wheel

It looks pretty good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQFyQwryFkM

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
can your game be a JRPG if you are a turboweeb

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Rarity posted:

Quick, someone tell me if Stardew Valley is an RPG

It's a really good game.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

the problem is its 50 dollars wth

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Super Monkey Ball Banana Mania is out next week, and I am so hyped for that. https://store.steampowered.com/app/1316910/Super_Monkey_Ball_Banana_Mania/

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Simone Magus posted:

the worst thing of all is how some posters pretend they don't dislike me. "ha ha, what, i'm just posting here!" it's totally OK to dislike me, i dislike some posters too. the difference is that i just literally don't ever reply to them or whatever, i don't antagonize them.

and Stux, you're a smart guy. you KNOW you're antagonizing me at this point. i would just like to know why you don't consider just ignoring me instead of poking at me every, literally every chance you get.

Just ignore stux if his posting bothers you

like 700 other people already do lol

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Re-Volt was the only toy-themed racing game I remember and I don't think anyone played it but it was like the best kart racer game you could get on PC

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Rapidly closing in on Pick lol

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

if stux is bothering you just tell him to go take a shower, he hates it when you say that

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

he also hates showers

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Infinitum posted:

Simone just be a sarcastic arsehole back at them, rather than think people are out to cause you harm.

yeah i know, i just

ah whatever, i've wasted too much time already on this today

i mean, ultimatey i'm the dumb one, because i keep trying to "be friends" with people here, since i am in the unfortunate position of being in a place where, for the first time in my life, i have literally no friends, no one at all to talk to

and it's like, i'm not dumb, i know by now that nobody on here is interested in being "real" with me. the fact that i don't understand why is immaterial, it doesn't matter at all, the only thing that matters is that i'm stupid for trying over and over to make "real" friends in a place that has explicitly told me time and time again "haha even the nicest of us don't really want to be your FRIEND, we're just posting"

which is fine, you know, it's just... i dunno

whatever :(

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Rapidly closing in on Pick lol

drat not even Stux is that bad

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Simone Magus posted:

yeah i know, i just

ah whatever, i've wasted too much time already on this today

i mean, ultimatey i'm the dumb one, because i keep trying to "be friends" with people here, since i am in the unfortunate position of being in a place where, for the first time in my life, i have literally no friends, no one at all to talk to

and it's like, i'm not dumb, i know by now that nobody on here is interested in being "real" with me. the fact that i don't understand why is immaterial, it doesn't matter at all, the only thing that matters is that i'm stupid for trying over and over to make "real" friends in a place that has explicitly told me time and time again "haha even the nicest of us don't really want to be your FRIEND, we're just posting"

which is fine, you know, it's just... i dunno

whatever :(
if you want my honest opinion, I didn't mind you until you turned on me. i have a lot of patience for people, especially people who feel bullied or ostracized, because I've lived a lifetime of that. but i don't appreciate how you reacted to me, and it bothers me a lot. maybe you feel that the thread is out to get you, but don't take it out on me. i mentioned my personal concern as an asexual about being hit on by a server/employee, and you called me crazy. that just.. sucks. it sucks for you to say and it sucks to read that and feel belittled

if i wanted to be mean i'd be mean. you would know, believe me. for example, i'm slightly mad right now

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

The 7th Guest posted:

if you want my honest opinion, I didn't mind you until you turned on me. i have a lot of patience for people, especially people who feel bullied or ostracized, because I've lived a lifetime of that. but i don't appreciate how you reacted to me, and it bothers me a lot. maybe you feel that the thread is out to get you, but don't take it out on me. i mentioned my personal concern as an asexual about being hit on by a server/employee, and you called me crazy. that just.. sucks. it sucks for you to say and it sucks to read that and feel belittled

i didn't mean to "turn on you" sorry. it is a pet peeve of mine when people tell me things i definitely already know haha. sorry!

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Rarity posted:

Quick, someone tell me if Stardew Valley is an RPG

friend, it may be the BEST rpg

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Re-Volt was the only toy-themed racing game I remember and I don't think anyone played it but it was like the best kart racer game you could get on PC

I remember playing the demo a lot. It was one of the first PC ports that required a 3d accelerator card to run, and I had just gotten a Voodoo Banshee, and this game was a good example of 3d acceleration at the time.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Andrast posted:

Just ignore stux if his posting bothers you

like 700 other people already do lol

right right right

but

get this

what if STUX ignored ME

:thunkher:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I just want to poo poo post about video games.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Simone Magus posted:

I told you this months ago, but if you want to grow actual friendships, I don't think you're going to do it on a web forum, whether it's Something Awful or elsewhere. There are definitely people on here who have made friends through the forum, but that often relies on going beyond the forum itself. Posting here isn't going to form friendships because that's not how friendships work. This is a very impersonal medium.

If you want to make friends, you'll have a much easier time if you join a Discord, play multiplayer games with people, that kind of thing. That's how actual friendships can form. And sure, the forum is sort of a nexus for that, but it isn't the medium for it, if that makes sense.

You seem to interpret that as "none of us want to be your friend, specifically," but that is not at all what I mean. What I mean is that posting in the Games chat thread is not how anyone makes friends, not on its own, not real, actual, real-life friendships.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

The 7th Guest posted:

i wonder if there's a mod for the game to switch to regular analog control instead of tank controls

if so i hope there's also a mod for the gbc version of croc 2 that does the opposite

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
Hunt For Red October Chat Thread

It was a Gameboy game I swear

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Simone Magus posted:

the worst thing of all is how some posters pretend they don't dislike me. "ha ha, what, i'm just posting here!" it's totally OK to dislike me, i dislike some posters too. the difference is that i just literally don't ever reply to them or whatever, i don't antagonize them.

and Stux, you're a smart guy. you KNOW you're antagonizing me at this point. i would just like to know why you don't consider just ignoring me instead of poking at me every, literally every chance you get.

no. i wasnt pretending, you were fine. i literlaly went out of my way to tell people to shut up when they were being weird to you. but your behavior is unacceptable and you refuse to stop doing it. blowing up at oddium over the mildest joke ever and then posting this today??

quote:

sorry i was a bitch earlier, but then again, i'm really not sorry at all, because people who literally wish me harm don't deserve niceness, by the transitive properties of the golden rule

this is one of the most toxci things ive ever seen. you keep saying everyones being negative but youre the one posting negatively and attacking people and being incredibly hostile and rude to completely normal posts. i am under no obligation to keep being polite to someone who is repeatedly blowing up at my friends and if you are unable to post without doing that then post somewhere else.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Feels Villeneuve posted:

that game was loving awesome. i remember wanting to get it from the school computer game catalog because it was one of like five real games that weren't math blaster/reader rabbit type stuff. we didn't have a 3d accelerator at the time though, hence me playing lego island at like 2 fps without realizing it wasn't supposed to be like that lol

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Weedle posted:

that game was loving awesome. i remember wanting to get it from the school computer game catalog because it was one of like five real games that weren't math blaster/reader rabbit type stuff. we didn't have a 3d accelerator at the time though, hence me playing lego island at like 2 fps without realizing it wasn't supposed to be like that lol

I think I only played it off a PC Gamer demo disc but I was like 8 years old and it was the coolest thing other than playing Quake

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I played it a lot and it was also the first 3d card accelerated game I played on my fresh RIVA TNT2. It was a pretty big deal for me back then after only running SVGA before that

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

My test for friendship is, would I invite this person to my wedding? And sadly only around 20 of the games chat thread regulars have passed it

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Rarity posted:

Excuse me

:colbert:

I bow to the greater gamer

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

ChickenHeart posted:

Hunt For Red October Chat Thread

It was a Gameboy game I swear

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
alright harrow, who's been downvoting the thread

Jay Rust posted:

My test for friendship is, would I invite this person to my wedding? And sadly only around 20 of the games chat thread regulars have passed it

did you get my rsvp?

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Jay Rust posted:

thank you. i will require the biggest piece of wedding cake

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Looper posted:

alright harrow, who's been downvoting the thread

me, it sucks rear end right now

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
99% of my downvotes are from misclicking on my phone

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I think I only played it off a PC Gamer demo disc but I was like 8 years old and it was the coolest thing other than playing Quake

I miss PC Gamer demo discs. Its one of the few things about computers from the 90s that I have nostalgia for.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

i have the most deliberate clicks the most precise clicks the best clicks

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Feels Villeneuve posted:

99% of my downvotes are from misclicking on my phone

This is me discovering you can vote threads on mobile

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The last wedding I went to ended with someone having an epileptic seizure and freaking out once they came to. Like yelling and insulting everyone there it was very upsetting.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

everyone wants to play hot wheels. lining up outside gamestop together. but when i say we should play mysterium the video game board game...... ??

like autumn leaf piles
scatter in the frigid wind
so too do my pals....

- oddium

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Finishing September with having finished 59 games this year so far. My current game is Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

oddium posted:

everyone wants to play hot wheels. lining up outside gamestop together. but when i say we should play mysterium the video game board game...... ??

like autumn leaf piles
scatter in the frigid wind
so too do my pals....

- oddium

not looking promising for hot wheel folks