Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
drat really? Maybe the scoring is different. I only play in one IDP league and usual scores across those positions ranges from 5-15. Each week do you see two or three guys hit the 20s but most of them stay well below 18.

All in all I’m not a huge fan of IDP, to me it’s just as (if not more) random than having a D/ST and K.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

coronaball posted:

I don't see any stat corrections at all for Week 3 on ESPN. (Can't check NFL.com or Yahoo because their apps are so basic) Are you sure the commissioner didn't do any weird scoring changes?

Yes because I'm the commissioner. It didn't list his stat change at all, ESPN is rear end.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

MFL had no stat corrections to Myles Garrett in this week's stat corrections report. This is our scoring for him for week 3:

4.50 6 QB Hits
9.00 6 Tackles
0.75 1 Assists
18.00 4.5 Sacked a QB
8.00 4 Tackles for a Loss
40.25 Subtotal

I think he was previously showing 5 or six solo sacks in some leagues so that may be the adjustment. Depends on how you score sacks, and whether you also score them as tackles, TFLs, and QB Hits. If you're not careful with your scoring setup you can accidentally make sacks be worth like ten points.

40.25 isn't on the all-time high records for our league but it's currently going to land at about #26 or so all-time (MFL shows top 25, and #25 scored 40.84).

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Sep 30, 2021

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
Pick 1, 1ppr

Corey Davis , Sammy Watkins, Tim Patrick

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

fyallm posted:

Pick 1, 1ppr

Probably Patrick.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

VietCampo posted:

Probably Patrick.

That's where I'm leaning but a little worried about the Ravens CB's

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
Davis. Going to be an ugly game but he’ll run on volume alone. Patrick isn’t bad either but might have a tough matchup vs BAL.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

fyallm posted:

Pick 1, 1ppr

I have to decide between Davis and Patrick too. Its tough. The Jets OL is in shambles but the TEN DL isnt quite as good and their HC/DC arent on Fangio's level, so maybe the Jets will get something going. On the other hand, the Raven's D hasnt been all that great and Steady Teddy has been pretty good so far this year, but against lesser defenses. Jeudy and Hamler are both out so Patrick will be a primary target, but will the Ravens be able to focus on Patrick and Sutton?

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

PPR, 2 flex

My "starting" RBs are Ty'Son Williams and Hines, and I have Conner on the bench. Very dire because I went WRs with first 4 picks.

WRs I have:
Adams
Cooper
AJ Brown
Woods
Boyd
E Sanders
R Gage
Gordon

Just got a trade offer. His Chase Edmonds for my Woods. Woods seems like he's underperformed projections since Kupp is eating his lunch.
I say yes, right?

Hmm, I was just offered Gaskin for Woods which I think is a definite no. This second guy also has Jamaal Williams and Jonathan Taylor (doubtful he would go for this IMO). I think Edmonds looks like the best of the bunch?

van fem
Oct 22, 2010

If you can't be right, be confusing.

PPR, 2 flex

My "starting" RBs are Ty'Son Williams and Hines, and I have Conner on the bench. Very dire because I went WRs with first 4 picks.

WRs I have:
Adams
Cooper
AJ Brown
Woods
Boyd
E Sanders
R Gage
Gordon

Just got a trade offer. His Chase Edmonds for my Woods. Woods seems like he's underperformed projections since Kupp is eating his lunch.
I say yes, right?

I think that's a good trade for you in PPR, given how bad Ty'son and Conner are looking right now.. Edmonds has been a solid 10-15 pts/game for me in PPR and is getting plenty of targets from Murray. The one caveat is the Cardinals have faced weaker defenses in the first three weeks (Jaguars & Vikings, though the Titans weren't great either), so I wouldn't expect any miracles from him against the Rams this week. I can't speak much for Woods, since I haven't watched the Rams games closely, but I've heard one ESPN pundit mention Stafford doesn't seem to be looking for Woods (or even in his direction).

van fem fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Sep 30, 2021

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

van fem posted:

I think that's a good trade for you in PPR, given how bad Ty'son and Conner are looking right now.. Edmonds has been a solid 10-15 pts/game for me in PPR and is getting plenty of targets from Murray. The one caveat is the Cardinals have faced weaker defenses in the first three weeks (Jaguars & Vikings, though the Titans weren't great either), so I wouldn't expect any miracles from him against the Rams this week. I can't speak much for Woods, since I haven't watched the Rams games closely, but I've heard one ESPN pundit mention Stafford doesn't seem to be looking for Woods (or even in his direction).

Just took the Edmonds deal. Thanks!

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

kiimo posted:

Yes because I'm the commissioner. It didn't list his stat change at all, ESPN is rear end.

My yahoo league regularly has scores change that aren't actually official stat corrections, yahoo just rarely gets the number of TFL correct on the day of the game and then it gets adjusted over night. Easy to check that one because whatever the ESPN box score is is always right, then I look in the app and see what adjustment there'll be.

Fleaflicker does actually list the changes they make that way, but I've never seen yahoo show that anywhere.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

I just traded Jamar Chase for Edmonds. Woods will be frustrating this season. He’ll have some good weeks but who knows when and who knows if his floor will increase as the season goes on.

gloom
Feb 1, 2003
distracted from distraction by distraction

It was basically, always choose Belichik when the Pats were good. You got like 5 pts for a win, 0 for a loss, then depending on margin of victory/defeat, you could get a few negative or bonus points. At the end of the day, they didn't make a huge difference, but it was fun to have another position to mess with. It also caused people to draft a HC in like the 5th round too.

And for punters, I once won on a MNF punt and put me over the top by 1 point. It was probably the greatest fantasy victory of my life.
Helpful, thank you! I would love to add punters as well as coaches eventually, but want to bring people along slowly.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
I just got offered Swift + Goedert for Kelce in my .5 PPR league. Not sure how i feel about it but Swift has been playing out of his mind and my RB's being Henderson and Gaskin have me taking a deep thought on it. I just don't know if the downgrade from Kelce to Goedert is worth it. Thoughts?

He also has Ekeler who i could possibly see if he'll consider.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

VietCampo posted:

I just got offered Swift + Goedert for Kelce in my .5 PPR league. Not sure how i feel about it but Swift has been playing out of his mind and my RB's being Henderson and Gaskin have me taking a deep thought on it. I just don't know if the downgrade from Kelce to Goedert is worth it. Thoughts?

He also has Ekeler who i could possibly see if he'll consider.

Ekeler would probably be fair but I probably wouldn’t want to do it. It’s more likely you’ll hit on a waiver wire rb than Goedert not being a disappointment. Personally I’d rather churn waivers for rbs given their injury rate.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

dkj posted:

Ekeler would probably be fair but I probably wouldn’t want to do it. It’s more likely you’ll hit on a waiver wire rb than Goedert not being a disappointment. Personally I’d rather churn waivers for rbs given their injury rate.

I guess there's always the respective HOU and NYJ RB trio's available to pick up anytime. :shepicide:

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

DeAndre Hopkins better not start hurt again and do nothing because he's hurt

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

VietCampo posted:

I guess there's always the respective HOU and NYJ RB trio's available to pick up anytime. :shepicide:

It’s more a personal thing. The TE game is a bigger headache for me than churning RBs.

internet inc
Jun 13, 2005

brb
taking pictures
of ur house
Anyone interested in taking up one of two autodrafted teams in our league?

Prize pool is at least 200 USD and this late in the season you get in for free. :D

Hit me up:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3978846

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

internet inc posted:

Prize pool is at least 200 USD and this late in the season you get in for free. :D

Hit me up:

Sent a PM, why not.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
My opponent this week never starts a player on her team if that player is on the team going against the Seahawks

So she’s benching Kittle. Ok thanks

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

internet inc posted:

Hit me up:

PM’d you

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
Bengals D was not a good streaming pick this week.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

dxt posted:

Picked them up in two leagues this week but at least they didn’t go negative I guess.

They’re still the Bengals.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

dxt posted:

It was the smart thing to do with how turnover prone TLaw was.

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
The classic stoppable force vs. the movable object. I don't think Tennessee will fare much better vs the Jets.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Cat Hassler posted:

My opponent this week never starts a player on her team if that player is on the team going against the Seahawks

So she’s benching Kittle. Ok thanks
That's some pretty insane reasoning but for what it's worth:

https://twitter.com/LombardiHimself/status/1443940696457502725?s=19

I have Kittle too and I'm likely to bench him

shyduck fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Oct 1, 2021

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

The Zack posted:

The classic stoppable force vs. the movable object. I don't think Tennessee will fare much better vs the Jets.

picked them up in another league :negative:

Other options aren't looking much better.

WFT v Atl
KC @ Phi
Min v Cle
Mia v Ind

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug

dxt posted:

WFT v Atl
KC @ Phi
Min v Cle
Mia v Ind

Even though they've been underachieving, I like Washington here. ATL might be just what they need to get right.

Tennessee is not a bad play. I just don't expect a top 5 performance from them.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Any updates on E Mitchell?

SEA defense has been garbage against the run . Hope he’s healthy!

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Sounds like a game time decision

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

dxt posted:

WFT v Atl
KC @ Phi
Min v Cle
Mia v Ind

I was able to grab Dallas in 2 leagues. Panthers this week without CMC, and then onto like NYG and NE. I like them till their bye, I think.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Any updates on E Mitchell?

SEA defense has been garbage against the run . Hope he’s healthy!

"Limbo" but I'd have a hard time gambling on anyone out of that backfield right now, Juczyzk got a bunch of snaps last week too

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Ben Nevis posted:

I was able to grab Dallas in 2 leagues. Panthers this week without CMC, and then onto like NYG and NE. I like them till their bye, I think.

Starting dallas dst is playing with incredibly hot fire lol, you're out there scooping up some lava with a plastic sand shovel

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

Ben Nevis posted:

Carolina didn't have much trouble moving the ball last week after CMC went down, though that was against Houston. Maybe I'll target Dallas next week.

The Zack posted:

Even though they've been underachieving, I like Washington here. ATL might be just what they need to get right.

Tennessee is not a bad play. I just don't expect a top 5 performance from them.

I think I'll go WFT. Thanks for the advice.

dxt fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Oct 1, 2021

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Who would you drop for Curtis Samuel in a ppr league?
KJ Osborn
Rondale Moore

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

MacheteZombie posted:

Who would you drop for Curtis Samuel in a ppr league?
KJ Osborn
Rondale Moore

I don't know, but I'm considering the same in half PPR and the same but with Mondale, Renfrow, and Christian Kirk in non PPR

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

sourdough posted:

Starting dallas dst is playing with incredibly hot fire lol, you're out there scooping up some lava with a plastic sand shovel

While "lol Dallas DST" is definitely a thing that's been ingrained in us, they have been a top ten fantasy defense this season. They've been a DST1 all three weeks, with one top five finish. Not like they've had an easy schedule either. It isn't crazy to consider grabbing them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
PPR would you rather have Deebo+Hunt or Diontae+Mixon?