Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

kri kri posted:

IMO sonarr except if tvdb fucks up the series, then you kinda gotta do manually or use medusa

Sonarr has TheXEM implemented so this shouldn't be the case. If it's not listed on TheXEM.de, you can speak to the people there who are nice and cool and is the complete opposite of dealing with tvdb people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

I'm still using Sickbeard but I wouldn't recommend it for a new install, my install has just been working since 2013 or something. It fails to find stuff pretty regularly that's not hard to find and I have to go get the nzb manually.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

kri kri posted:

IMO sonarr except if tvdb fucks up the series, then you kinda gotta do manually or use medusa

add prowlarr to your stack too

and Radarr.

Prowlarr is not related to Prowl but definitely use Prowl if you want to get notifications on your phone when a download starts/completes.

Lunasea is a good mobile app for controlling sonarr/radarr/sabznbd+/nzbget

and so I guess my question is "is there a better alternative to Prowl?"

been using it for a long time and its certainly paid for itself, but wondering if theres something better out there.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

I use Telegram to set up notifications for unraid and my *arr stack

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?
I have a Discord for my house and just have notifications sent to a channel there.

Horse Clocks
Dec 14, 2004

I'm trying to get a fair bit of older stuff, but getting a lot of incomplete NZBs.

Currently I'm using supernews as my primary, and a block account from usenet.farm. Supernews is getting availability of 47% of 184k requested articles, and Usenet.Farm 71% of 53k articles.

Are there any other providers I can grab some blocks from and try and boost my overall completions?

[edit] Picked a block provider from nearly every backbone on https://svgur.com/s/aGT and now I'm at 100% completion.

Horse Clocks fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Sep 25, 2021

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil
There's some discussion a couple of pages back that shows the different backbones you want to cover

I think the current best value coverage is frugal Usenet with its free block add-on.
However I'm getting good results with ninja and blocknews, although I think it's suboptimal for really old stuff

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

kri kri posted:

I use Telegram to set up notifications for unraid and my *arr stack

I’ve been using this poo poo for years but it took until just now seeing you write the words “*arr stack” to get the whole “arr” thing

:yarr:

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Horse Clocks posted:

I'm trying to get a fair bit of older stuff, but getting a lot of incomplete NZBs.

Currently I'm using supernews as my primary, and a block account from usenet.farm. Supernews is getting availability of 47% of 184k requested articles, and Usenet.Farm 71% of 53k articles.

Are there any other providers I can grab some blocks from and try and boost my overall completions?

[edit] Picked a block provider from nearly every backbone on https://svgur.com/s/aGT and now I'm at 100% completion.

Drunkenslug regularly shows me stuff no other indexer does

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

kri kri posted:

Medusa can utilize themoviedb and tvmaze, whilst sonarr only supports thetvdb and seemingly refuses to even consider adding other metadata providers

some of my series like BBC horizon and daniel tiger just ended up giving me headaches in sonarr so I just do those manually. this might be fixed, dunno but using thetvdb can be a loving headache and times.

Shows that sonarr/tvdb have completely hosed up for me:

Daniel Tiger
Ren and Stimpy
Dateline
48 Hours
The current season of Impractical Jokers
Beavis and Butthead

The last one is a special blend of fuckedupness. Tvdb still insists that there was no season 8 of Beavis and Butthead (but there were seasons 7 and 9??) and they refuse to fix it. On top of that, almost every single episode is labeled wrong, no matter what the season.

I'm also hosed when season 9 finally does come out on Comedy Central, because according to my setup, I already have this unreleased season.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Don't forget American Dad!!

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Oh yeah that too!

If anyone thinks I am kidding about Beavis and Butthead:

https://thetvdb.com/series/beavis-and-butt-head

I feel like a huge rear end in a top hat complaining about something that's free but I really don't understand how they've had that big of a fuckup for the past like 8 years and refuse to fix it no matter how many people beg them to. Just change the name of season 9 to season 8!

edit: it looks like the issue is they list the Beavis and Butt-head movie (that was in theaters and not a TV special or anything, mind you) as being a single episode from season 8! :psyduck:

Chumbawumba4ever97 fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Sep 29, 2021

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!
I was looking at that this morning, and it seemed like their episode counts don't even quite match up to what Wikipedia lists.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.
Well, I've started to get a really weird issue on my SABnzdb client this morning. Whenever I try to download or test the connection to the server I get the following message:
Server [blah blah blah] uses an untrusted certificate [Certificate not valid. This is most probably a server issue.]
Wiki: https://sabnzbd.org/certificate-errors

I've contacted their support and am being told it's on my end. I can make it work by disabling SSL, but I'm not going to do that for obvious reasons. Windows 10 machine - latest updates for everything. Anyone else ever seen this?

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ :allears:
It's this https://techcrunch.com/2021/09/21/lets-encrypt-root-expiry/

You can probably set certificate verification to minimal or disabled under advanced server settings until it's fixed

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Vykk.Draygo posted:

I was looking at that this morning, and it seemed like their episode counts don't even quite match up to what Wikipedia lists.

So THAT'S what was going on, I thought I was crazy having to go in and rename EVERY SINGLE FILE in season 2 to get them to match what was displaying in Plex. Good to know I can look forward to doing that for... the rest of the entire series :suicide: Worth it tho, B&B is lowkey one of the best 'this is what the 90s was really like' time capsules out there.

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?
If you thought you'd seen a TVDB dumpster fire before, just wait for tomorrow.

TVDB is dropping support for all legacy APIs, leaving only the v4 API which still basically nothing supports. They also expect end users to be subscribing to them for $12/year to access said API.

https://twitter.com/thetvdb/status/1427393758232907811

Think the software projects should be shouldering the costs? Take a look at their generous quotes for open source projects.

Still don't want to pay? In their endless kindness end users get to work for good boy points by filling in data for them to sell.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

The worst site on the internet gets worse.

Dicty Bojangles
Apr 14, 2001

Plex and the *arrs have already moved away from TVDB dependence, right?

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

EL BROMANCE posted:

Yep, really frustrating that sonarr continues to refuse to support themoviedb. Plex and infuse both support tmdb so I have tried to move fully over to them. Its not perfect but the tvdb is a loving dumpster fire.

EL BROMANCE posted:

Nope, from the posts I read on reddit from the sonarr devs, they refuse to add support for themoviedb.

Dicty Bojangles
Apr 14, 2001

Well that just blows.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

kri kri posted:

Yep, really frustrating that sonarr continues to refuse to support themoviedb. Plex and infuse both support tmdb so I have tried to move fully over to them. Its not perfect but the tvdb is a loving dumpster fire.

Nope, from the posts I read on reddit from the sonarr devs, they refuse to add support for themoviedb.

So is there a fork yet?

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

kri kri posted:

Did they say why? Or is it normal open source drama like 'whoever asked first wasn't nice enough'?

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Oldstench posted:

Well, I've started to get a really weird issue on my SABnzdb client this morning. Whenever I try to download or test the connection to the server I get the following message:
Server [blah blah blah] uses an untrusted certificate [Certificate not valid. This is most probably a server issue.]

I've contacted their support and am being told it's on my end. I can make it work by disabling SSL, but I'm not going to do that for obvious reasons. Windows 10 machine - latest updates for everything. Anyone else ever seen this?

Switch to Caddy which means you never have to care about ssl certs again

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?

The Diddler posted:

Did they say why? Or is it normal open source drama like 'whoever asked first wasn't nice enough'?

The Sonarr team definitely has some kind of agreement in place with TVDB that they've settled on years back, but the details have not been made public as far as I'm aware. They maintain a TVDB caching proxy/mirror they call Skyhook that all Sonarr queries go through, so you'd think this would make it easier for them to migrate elsewhere but I don't think any effort has been put towards enabling other information providers.

Perhaps Sonarr are getting free access because this caching service uses very little resources (for TVDB) compared to how many clients the software serves. I imagine it's beneficial for TVDB too, when those users want to pull information matching that of Sonarr in their media center software.

alexandriao posted:

I don't really think Caddy would be a good fit for proxying the NNTP server that Oldstench's USP is running, nor that they are reading this thread.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

norp posted:

So is there a fork yet?

Not to my knowledge, but medusa supports tmdb, tvmaze, etc

https://pymedusa.com/

Not quite as polished as sonarr, and doesn't tie into prowlarr but its better than manually doing poo poo.

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy
They should just post tv metadata to usenet somewhere, also 99% of airing shows could be scraped from the network website.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Oldstench posted:

I'm with Newshosting and geting a similar error in NZBGet this morning.

e: yeah it's definitely them not us. https://www.reddit.com/r/usenet/comments/pyo27t/ndngd_lets_encrypt_root_certificate_expiration/

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

If I’m happy with Sonarr and Radarr just doing what they do, why would I want to add Prowlarr to the mix?

Genuine question, I keep seeing people recommend it but as far as I can see it doesn’t do anything except have some pretty stats about your usage and add a freeform search box.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

History Comes Inside! posted:

If I’m happy with Sonarr and Radarr just doing what they do, why would I want to add Prowlarr to the mix?

Genuine question, I keep seeing people recommend it but as far as I can see it doesn’t do anything except have some pretty stats about your usage and add a freeform search box.

It’s an alternative to NZBHydra which helps keep your API requests in check coming from one source rather than several different ones.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I don’t use NZBHydra either so :shrug:

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Use whatever works for you. Others just prefer to have more control over their indexer usage. It really is useful for those who employ many of them.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

8-bit Miniboss posted:

It’s an alternative to NZBHydra which helps keep your API requests in check coming from one source rather than several different ones.

And Jackett, if you use torrents. You can easily add all of your indexers to the *arr apps via prowlarr with a couple of clicks.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
I like how Prowlarr creates entries for each indexer in all your Arms so you can choose to disable them for some clients but not others. Other than that, Hydra is much more mature.

Prowlarr also supports most of the torrent sites that Jackett does so it's one less service/docker to run.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

History Comes Inside! posted:

Prowlarr and NZBHydra are indexer aggregators. If you use multiple indexers you set them all up in the aggregator and then just point your download clients at the aggregator rather than having to configure them all separately. Queries are then routed to all at once, results are cached, stats are logged, etc.

If you don't use multiple indexers they're mostly pointless unless you're sharing an account and trying to hide it.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I’ve already got all my indexers set up in my various things so yeah, they’re not gonna do anything for me.

If I ever have to start from scratch though maybe I’ll look into it.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.

sedative posted:

It's this https://techcrunch.com/2021/09/21/lets-encrypt-root-expiry/

You can probably set certificate verification to minimal or disabled under advanced server settings until it's fixed
Did this first. Worked. Thanks.

EL BROMANCE posted:

I'm with Newshosting and geting a similar error in NZBGet this morning.
e: yeah it's definitely them not us. https://www.reddit.com/r/usenet/comments/pyo27t/ndngd_lets_encrypt_root_certificate_expiration/
Found a workaround on the SABnzdb forum that fixed the issue for me. Strict is working again.

alexandriao posted:

Nah. I'm pretty loving stupid - SAB with Sonarr/Radarr was enough for me to figure out to begin with. :)

Keito posted:

I don't really think Caddy would be a good fit for proxying the NNTP server that Oldstench's USP is running, nor that they are reading this thread.
Of course I'm reading the thread.

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

I am Fat Man, hear me roar!

Keito posted:

The Sonarr team definitely has some kind of agreement in place with TVDB that they've settled on years back, but the details have not been made public as far as I'm aware. They maintain a TVDB caching proxy/mirror they call Skyhook that all Sonarr queries go through, so you'd think this would make it easier for them to migrate elsewhere but I don't think any effort has been put towards enabling other information providers.

Perhaps Sonarr are getting free access because this caching service uses very little resources (for TVDB) compared to how many clients the software serves. I imagine it's beneficial for TVDB too, when those users want to pull information matching that of Sonarr in their media center software.

It sounds like there's a ripe opportunity for providing a MITM and translation layer for intercepting sonarr TVDB requests and mapping them to another provider.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!
Alright, I knew NewsDemon was getting bad, but it's straight up useless now, to the point where I can't even get brand new stuff to download. What's the current best deal for pretty much just grabbing recent shows?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Vykk.Draygo posted:

Alright, I knew NewsDemon was getting bad, but it's straight up useless now, to the point where I can't even get brand new stuff to download. What's the current best deal for pretty much just grabbing recent shows?

If you don’t mind suffering a bit longer, Usenet providers are gonna be dumping Black Friday deals. I’m using Newsgroup Ninja’s $40 dollar a year plan and it’s been consistent and also have Usenet Farm for blocks on another provider and I’ve barely used it.