Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

bushisms.txt posted:

I know, I kickstarted it lol There were a bunch of shipping delays and manufacturing things to work out including them having to fly to China. If you know anything about shipping and manufacturing right now it's 10,000 times worse at the moment. And it's sold out because they stopped making.

Grabbed one for Groove Coaster!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

No. 1 ANIME HATER posted:

Switch Pro / Switch 2 implies backwards compatibility

Nintendo has now learned that they can sell previous gen games in the new format at full price

So get ready for 2025 and the release of the new Nintendo console with launch games Super Mario Odyssey and Metroid Dread.
Has Backwards Compatibility?

SNES - no
N64 - no
GC - no
Wii - yes
WiiU - yes
GBC - yes
GBA - yes
NDS - yes
DSi - yes
3DS - yes
N3DS - yes
Switch - no

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
I think Eastward got a patch today that fixed some of the game breaking bugs for anyone who had issues with that.

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!

Quantum of Phallus posted:

yeah but like iphones literally do come out every year
and companies come out with new consoles*. The point is how early the "news" about it is, and that it's based on speculation.

*unless you're Sega

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Thom P. Tiers posted:

Wiimote + nunchuck was the best controller setup ever. The joycons are great too.

I wish the joycons were a touch thicker. My hands cramp after 3-4 hours which isn't horrible (I've used controllers that cramp me up after 20 minutes). Like that's a fine session time so not the end of the world. But any serous gaming and I'm taking out a pro controller or SN30pro2. Just so great to be able to put your hands wherever you want.

Big fan of nunchuck, it was my preferred controller in Mario Kart. (waggle trick was great if you bounced it on your knee)

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

pixaal posted:

I wish the joycons were a touch thicker. My hands cramp after 3-4 hours which isn't horrible (I've used controllers that cramp me up after 20 minutes). Like that's a fine session time so not the end of the world. But any serous gaming and I'm taking out a pro controller or SN30pro2. Just so great to be able to put your hands wherever you want.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

bought these for mario golf and they're really good

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
the new joycons should have more things made of cardboard you can shove them into

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
The blind dogpiling on Bloomberg is just loving embarrassing and fits my running theory that the critical reasoning and reading comprehension skills of many people on this forum are outright broken, with folk more content with childish, reactionary seesawing between hardline perspectives instead of approaching outlets and reports with context and nuance based on their reporting history, the reporter, and industry status. Some of you are evidently incapable of approaching these conversations with perspectives of any discernible difference between a reputable outlet that might get some information wrong (for a multitude of plausible reasons) and some dumb forum/twitter fucker who clearly knows jack poo poo but leapfrogs off other reports while also making poo poo up for clout.

Bloomberg is a multi billion dollar enterprise historically reporting on the tech business at large, in all its forms. Its primarily market are not gaming hobbyists, internet celebrities, and dickheads obsessing over whether or not Sora is going to be added to Smash. Their primary market is business; managers, financers, strategists, planners, etc etc. People who benefit tremendously from early access to information on tech developments, products, and business pertaining to televisions, computers, audio equipment, phones, video games, and beyond. They have a lucrative history of getting multiple leak reports across multiple tech fields right because they obviously have an assorted list of genuine contacts and sources within various fields, including but not limited to production supply lines (where a lot of schematic and build information comes from). They fundamentally would not be desired and read by people of importance in these fields if they had nothing to offer, or an utterly abysmal track record of reports.

The odd cases of them being straight up inaccurate, or having wires crossed, etc etc doesn't dump them into the same pile as NintendoLeaksForReal.com, nor is it evidence that reporters have make believe contacts exactly like "The Leaker Guy" on your favourite forum. Companies coming out and denying claims does not mean the report isn't based in some degree of truth, nor that the company is actually circumnavigating and denying with clever language. Reports failing to eventuate exactly as specified doesn't mean the entire report was made up, with a multitude of factors (inaccuracies, miscommunications, delays, etc) potentially impacting results.

It's just so loving tiring. It's like all the dog piling on Grubb because he, err, got something wrong a few times I guess? Never mind the enormous volume of poo poo he got right, and continues to get right, over and over and over and over. Never mind the context of him being a paid, working journalist in a notoriously leaky industry. No, none of these things matter. He's a liar! He just lies! It's all lies for clout he knows nothing that's a fact NOTHING AT ALL! EVERYTHING HE SAYS IS A LIE! LIES LIES LIES JUST LIKE BLOOMBERG NOTHING BUT LIES! THEY ARE LIARS!

loving christ I have a headache.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
S-source your quotes?

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i recommend looking away from a computer screen and taking some ibuprofen with a tall glass of water

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
I hear logging off is good for headaches

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

punk rebel ecks posted:

The blind dogpiling on Bloomberg is just loving embarrassing and fits my running theory that the critical reasoning and reading comprehension skills of many people on this forum are outright broken, with folk more content with childish, reactionary seesawing between hardline perspectives instead of approaching outlets and reports with context and nuance based on their reporting history, the reporter, and industry status. Some of you are evidently incapable of approaching these conversations with perspectives of any discernible difference between a reputable outlet that might get some information wrong (for a multitude of plausible reasons) and some dumb forum/twitter fucker who clearly knows jack poo poo but leapfrogs off other reports while also making poo poo up for clout.

Bloomberg is a multi billion dollar enterprise historically reporting on the tech business at large, in all its forms. Its primarily market are not gaming hobbyists, internet celebrities, and dickheads obsessing over whether or not Sora is going to be added to Smash. Their primary market is business; managers, financers, strategists, planners, etc etc. People who benefit tremendously from early access to information on tech developments, products, and business pertaining to televisions, computers, audio equipment, phones, video games, and beyond. They have a lucrative history of getting multiple leak reports across multiple tech fields right because they obviously have an assorted list of genuine contacts and sources within various fields, including but not limited to production supply lines (where a lot of schematic and build information comes from). They fundamentally would not be desired and read by people of importance in these fields if they had nothing to offer, or an utterly abysmal track record of reports.

The odd cases of them being straight up inaccurate, or having wires crossed, etc etc doesn't dump them into the same pile as NintendoLeaksForReal.com, nor is it evidence that reporters have make believe contacts exactly like "The Leaker Guy" on your favourite forum. Companies coming out and denying claims does not mean the report isn't based in some degree of truth, nor that the company is actually circumnavigating and denying with clever language. Reports failing to eventuate exactly as specified doesn't mean the entire report was made up, with a multitude of factors (inaccuracies, miscommunications, delays, etc) potentially impacting results.

It's just so loving tiring. It's like all the dog piling on Grubb because he, err, got something wrong a few times I guess? Never mind the enormous volume of poo poo he got right, and continues to get right, over and over and over and over. Never mind the context of him being a paid, working journalist in a notoriously leaky industry. No, none of these things matter. He's a liar! He just lies! It's all lies for clout he knows nothing that's a fact NOTHING AT ALL! EVERYTHING HE SAYS IS A LIE! LIES LIES LIES JUST LIKE BLOOMBERG NOTHING BUT LIES! THEY ARE LIARS!

new thread title

The Postman
May 12, 2007

forgive us mr. bloomberg

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

this thread owns

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
Nice meltdown. Bloomberg is fake news and the Switch Pro 4K Edition isn't happening.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

please source quotes

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

hatty posted:

S-source your quotes?

Johnny Joestar posted:

please source quotes

It's a post from here to which all the users circlejerk to it.

I just find the Bloomberg starch defense to be lol.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Fun fact: these on a pair of joy con, and then weighed by themselves, weigh more than the Switch Lite.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

punk rebel ecks posted:

how do you feel about their fake spy microchip story

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Please do not insult Bloomberg, they are a big business and deserve our respect nay our admiration. Further attacks upon them will be met with swift retribution.

Thank you

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

punk rebel ecks posted:

oh thank god

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

punk rebel ecks posted:

lmao

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

lol Bloomberg is barely a notch above Newsmax and NRATV

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
If Mike Bloomberg was taller he'd get the story right. Alas,

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

replies in the reesetera thread are unbelievable

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
lol @ anyone who hasn't soldered a 4k chip into their switch yet

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

rt4 posted:

lol @ anyone who hasn't soldered a 4k chip into their switch yet

What about the 60fps chip? :smug:

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

getting down on my knees infornt of the guy saying the wrong thing repeatedly for 5 years in the hopes that he will grace my post with a quote

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

punk rebel ecks posted:

:discourse:

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

punk rebel ecks posted:

Hello jason

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I’m voting for mike Bloomberg in 2024 so that he’ll give everyone free 4K Switches

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
https://twitter.com/Kotaku/status/1443565054377566214?s=20

And the hits keep coming and they don’t stop coming

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

punk rebel ecks posted:

Still funny you cant take that away from us

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

I mean:

Quantum of Phallus posted:

replies in the reesetera thread are unbelievable

It's just a bunch of circlejerking of " :cry: but the PROFESSIONALS know what they are doing!"

I was being gaslit by reading all the highfive responses and was wondering if I was just the idiot for not agreeing.

The Postman
May 12, 2007

i like the part where they quote every post that gave them positive feedback and say thanks

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT

Vikar Jerome posted:

lol

or is this like hdr where you need an oled to see an oled?

no. you can watch videos of good screens on your crummy screen and it will make your screen look better. i watch videos on my gameboy of people listening to good speakers and i get surround sound and huge bass out of the gameboy speaker. i've saved tons of money doing this.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
I lucked into getting a N3DSXL for 100 USD at a pawn shop and I love the thing so much that I will get a New Switch should they ever come out with an improved one (OLED and nothing else doesn't count).

Is D2R worth it? I am caught between "Diablo II on a bus!" and "But Blizzard."

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time
I wake up in the morning and take a sip from the glass of water on my nightstand. It's a crisp fall morning and the sun is shining. A day full of potential lies ahead of me.

"I think I'll write about 500 words defending Bloomberg on ResetEra today."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
Shin megami tensei

/fīv/!