Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Mr. Neutron posted:

Are they even adding titles to fps boost any more?
They added Dark Souls 3 a few months ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Lol, Avengers is a 125gb download.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

John F Bennett posted:

Ultron

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Avengers is 133 GB, lol.

EDIT: Note to self, refresh thread before posting!

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

ErrEff posted:

Avengers is 133 GB, lol.

EDIT: Note to self, refresh thread before posting!
That's the cowards way out.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ai somnium files owns

Scarlet nexus i didnt like. Its like astral chain but the combat didnt do it for me vs better action games by p* and capcom

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

John F Bennett posted:

What the gently caress?? How? Why?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

1glitch0 posted:

What the gently caress?? How? Why?

it's a GaaS full of shite

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

125gb lol. Like I needed another reason to not play that crap

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
Is it a fun Coop time for story mode at least? I'm into comic poo poo and like explosions.

Side note, does XBox cloud recognize headsets, or do you have to sideload a discord if I'm playing with an xboxless friend?

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

John F Bennett posted:

Welp, guess I'm not gonna waste the time to download it because i already know I'm not gonna play past the tutorial

Gonna try my first vn and get AI

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums
Might be a good use case for me to try out xCloud finally, no way I'm downloading 133gb

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

So far Avengers is very impressive. It tells me to go to the marketplace to claim my FREE UNCOMMON CONSUMABLE before I've even started a new game.

It also doesn't understand that I have a controller connected, even though the Xbox app works just fine with it.

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

I am very particular about biscuits, I'll have you know.
This xcloud stuff is really great, I doubt I'll use it all the time, but for demoing quick games im not sure about is awesome. Or dealing with 133GB turds I will play 10 mins and then never touch again.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh
Speaking of huge downloads, how come the maximum speed I can get is 500Mbps, with the average jumping wildly between 250-450? I have a 900Mbps connection and the Settings speed test shows it at between 700-800.

Don't get me wrong, even at 350Mbps it's 10 times faster than my previous connection, which really is a game changer, but surely Microsoft's servers can handle higher speeds? On my PC when downloading from Steam, Epic etc. they generally use all available bandwidth.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
i pre-ordered avengers

don't play avengers, it's poo poo

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Cloks posted:

i pre-ordered avengers

don't play avengers, it's poo poo

Some people say they like the little campaign they have for kamala harris or whoever that floppy armed girl is but theres certainly better games to spend that time on

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

ErrEff posted:

So far Avengers is very impressive. It tells me to go to the marketplace to claim my FREE UNCOMMON CONSUMABLE before I've even started a new game.

It also doesn't understand that I have a controller connected, even though the Xbox app works just fine with it.

If you want Avengers to recognize a controller it would have been another 30 gigs.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Speaking of huge downloads, how come the maximum speed I can get is 500Mbps, with the average jumping wildly between 250-450? I have a 900Mbps connection and the Settings speed test shows it at between 700-800.

Don't get me wrong, even at 350Mbps it's 10 times faster than my previous connection, which really is a game changer, but surely Microsoft's servers can handle higher speeds? On my PC when downloading from Steam, Epic etc. they generally use all available bandwidth.

Quit any running game as a large percentage of your connection is reserved for the game even it is suspended while you're on the dashboard or whatever.

its loving stupid.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Real hurthling! posted:

Some people say they like the little campaign they have for kamala harris or whoever that floppy armed girl is but theres certainly better games to spend that time on

I'm the idiot who bought it on sale a couple months ago and it's not good. The monetization poo poo is right up front and gross as hell, and then the actual game is just a bland as hell beat em up.

Not worth the money or the 100 gigs it was when I last had it installed. I assume the extra 35gigs is the Black Panther expansion.

It's not even a good podcast game, and I say that as someone who beat both Borderlands games recently and has been racking up achievements in The Ascent while listening to podcasts.

Man the Ascent is pretty good when it's not randomly crashing to dashboard when I try to enter buildings. Or overwhelming me with enemies on a mission I'm supposed to be at level for.

Lol whats balance?

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

WattsvilleBlues posted:

I'm sure it's on the xbox server end because this sounds the same as my case. I have a gigabit network but I can get between 700-900 mbps according in most speed tests, but xbox tops out at 550.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Ok I now have both a series S and series X lol

Is there anything that looks and runs significantly better on the x? I know when I was trying stuff out on gamepass with the S it was frequently hit or miss.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Psychonauts 2, any of the X enhanced 360 games, MCC, Control

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Psychonauts 2, any of the X enhanced 360 games, MCC, Control

Ooh right control was a big one. Is the gamepass version of control on Xone the one that looks better on Series X or is it a different game entirely?

I am super excited for Forza 5 now more than I already was

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

No the one on gamepass is just the Xbox one version. The Series updated one is called Control Ultimate edition. It goes on sale all the time, I got it for €16 earlier this week and it was well worth it. Feels so much better at 60fps

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

So with cloud streaming, what version of the game am I playing? (one/series s/series x)

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

just the standard edition that’s on gamepass , i think it’s still running on a One S

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Using the browser on my Series S to stream the One S(?) version of The Avengers lol.

Although it loads pretty quick so it's probably not a last gen version.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

If you can play it at 60fps it's coming from a Series X server

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

Never heard of Phoenix Point but suddenly it's on Game Pass today. Looks it's an x-com type of game and I love x-com. And it's only 28gb.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

John F Bennett posted:

Never heard of Phoenix Point but suddenly it's on Game Pass today. Looks it's an x-com type of game and I love x-com. And it's only 28gb.

It's from the original XCOM devs, so it's very much original flavour XCOM and not the (in my opinion) superior Firaxis XCOM.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Astria Ascending is real bad. Not bad in an entertaining way, bad in a you feel very tired while playing it way.

tensai
May 8, 2007

Just trying to keep my boyfriend away from that redheaded harlot.

John F Bennett posted:

Noice. I didn't even realize this was coming to consoles. I get tempted to buy it on every epic games sale. Glad I waited.

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

joylessdivision posted:

I'm the idiot who bought it on sale a couple months ago and it's not good. The monetization poo poo is right up front and gross as hell, and then the actual game is just a bland as hell beat em up.

Not worth the money

I bought it a couple of months ago for like $25 because reviews made it sound like the story mode was great. It seems like the story would be kinda cool, but it turns out the gameplay is kinda rear end. It's a bland beat-em-up with stealth and a couple of "run away from this thing (featuring quicktime)" sections, but the timing on a lot of stuff felt off, making it more frustrating then it needed to be. I made it about 3 hours before I gave up, so it might get way better later.

IMO, this is a perfect gamepass title and will probably be the thing that will stop me from gambling on $20-$30 'mixed reviews' xbox games in the future.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015

Barudak posted:

Astria Ascending is real bad. Not bad in an entertaining way, bad in a you feel very tired while playing it way.

I saw that it had music from Hatoshi Sakamoto and character design by Akihiko Yoshida and was willing to give it a try and started the download.

Then I read a little about it and saw that apparently it was some kind of chinese mobile game that had been retrofitted into whatever this release is, and suddenly the presentation in the screenshots and UI made more sense and I uninstalled it.

Re: Avengers

-Boy this game's main menu sure does not make it obvious where to go to play the campaign, I spent like 5 minutes of wasted loading screen trying the wrong options
-Wow this game has some of the most aggressively obnoxious rumble I've ever seen in a game, I'm turning that off
- (60 minutes in) Is this entire game just walking down a corridor while wading through hip deep water/mantling boxes/rooftop jumping, having a really lame combat encounter where I mash X a lot, and then have an Uncharted type escape sequence while the environment collapses around me?

Scoss fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Oct 1, 2021

Barudak
May 7, 2007

That explains why leveling is over complicated with multiple points to currency gouge you.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

John F Bennett posted:

Its 75GB on the Steam release. That is a pretty huge increase in size. I finished the main campaign, and the Black Panther DLC with a total playtime of 15 hours. I had fun, but that is not a lot of content. Thankfully for the game was only $20 for me.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
Ok, silly question. Some buddies and I booted Avengers in up in the cloud to try the coop (side note, the campaign isn't coop). We first tried using the updated Xbox app's Stream feature, but when we tried to open the dashboard to accept he invite, it opens the PC's gaming overlay which then tries to launch the game locally. Accepting the invite there tries to launch the game locally.

When you do the same thing in the old WEB cloud streaming, hitting the dashboard there properly opens the streaming xbox's dashboard. Am I missing a way to accept a friend invite when using the desktop client?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Barudak posted:

I am so disappointed to read this. The game looks so good from the trailers and screenshots.