Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
The time has come. Brace yourselves.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Paladinus posted:

I am not :dadjoke: enough to handle this

Project M.A.M.I.L.
Apr 30, 2007

Older, balder, fatter...

Mr.Chill posted:

I don't know what QCS is, but it's by the Serious Engineering, Bunny Meat, and Teeth in the Fields wife/husband team.
They're Czech and their stuff gets bloody but as for perving I haven't noticed any.

I had to look it up, it's Questionable Content is the one I meant. Doesn't sound like the same person though after actually investigating.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

LoudPipesSaveLives posted:

I had to look it up, it's Questionable Content is the one I meant. Doesn't sound like the same person though after actually investigating.

Really? Questionable Content looks like this:

I'm... not sure how those art styles relate

Mafic Rhyolite
Nov 7, 2020

by Hand Knit
I cannot see a single similarity between QC and that other comic.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Paladinus posted:

:neckbeard:

everything I could have ever dreamed

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Punday PUNDAY PUNDAY

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

Tenebrais posted:

I haven't read QC in years, but it feels like his art has actually gotten worse as time goes on? The early days were pretty simple and doodly, but that worked with his overall level of technical skill.

He's been refining his style and leaning harder and harder into his 3/4ths perspective, and every time he iterates on it the characters somehow end up looking even more deformed when viewed at any other angle.

EDIT: it's actually a little impressive that he's managed to do this professionally for so long without at least getting a little better by accident.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
She's sitting on a chair. Lmao.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Technocrat
Jan 30, 2011

I always finish what I sta

Voyager I posted:

I haven't read QC in years, but it feels like his art has actually gotten worse as time goes on? The early days were pretty simple and doodly, but that worked with his overall level of technical skill.

He's been refining his style and leaning harder and harder into his 3/4ths perspective, and every time he iterates on it the characters somehow end up looking even more deformed when viewed at any other angle.

EDIT: it's actually a little impressive that he's managed to do this professionally for so long without at least getting a little better by accident.

I recall he had a fairly severe hand/wrist injury a couple of years ago that might have something to do with it

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Tenebrais posted:

Is that the character that went back in time to stop her father committing suicide but then he just killed himself because there were 2 of her?

It also looks like he's giving her steadily larger breasts over time.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Aramoro posted:

Is that the character that went back in time to stop her father committing suicide but then he just killed himself because there were 2 of her?

It also looks like he's giving her steadily larger breasts over time.

that was a guest comic/parody strip, but yes

and, while I haven't read it in years, I remember Faye's giant tits being a plot point

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

RFC2324 posted:

that was a guest comic/parody strip, but yes

and, while I haven't read it in years, I remember Faye's giant tits being a plot point

:dafuq:

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

Technocrat posted:

I recall he had a fairly severe hand/wrist injury a couple of years ago that might have something to do with it

I followed QC for longer than I want to admit and I made fun of Jephs inability to draw anything other than motionless 3/4 perspective shots the entire time I was a fan, but I guess I will cut him some slack for this.

Did he also suffer a fairly severe head injury around the time he decided his relatable-twenty-something slice-of-life comic should be about android booty?

In good comic news: Digger, page 2.

Voyager I has a new favorite as of 23:39 on Sep 30, 2021

Project M.A.M.I.L.
Apr 30, 2007

Older, balder, fatter...
Probably my mind having not read QC for years saw some kind of link between the guy with glasses in the boring god comic and my hazy memories of glasses-wearing nerds with big breasts in the other comic. It was just an observation, I'm not going to get mad or defend it beyond that.

Having gone back to look at QS though, man that was so bad I don't know how I used to like it. I used to like Diesel sweeties a lot too but I am too scared to re-visit and ruin my poor memories of that one.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Yeah neither of those have aged well. Also yeah QC is looking so much rougher and worse than I imagined. I think it's the lineweight? He used to overdo it a lot like lots of lovely webcomics artists do to try and hide their lack of detail, but he's gone way too far in the other direction and it looks cheap.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
She. Is seating. On a chair!

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

And now I know what pupkin is.

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

What is this? A joke? I was reading Pupkin for its biting social commentary and dramatic writing. Now I know it's jumped the shark....

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan
Fwiw I misread pupkin as "pumpkin" the first twenty times it was posted

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Geez, where was this Softies this whole time?

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Voyager I posted:

Ah, the 'Mookie' phenomenon.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
It's good to see that no matter what changes, goons critiquing stuff they liked but feel they have outgrown remains a constant.

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Ah yay, my fav comic.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Nice Van My Man
Jan 1, 2008

WTF the sky is blue now? I will not tolerate this glaring inconsistency in my Pupkin comic!

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
His wish made everything normal, even Acidville.

Mr. Sunshine
May 15, 2008

This is a scrunt that has been in space too long and become a Lunt (Long Scrunt)

Fun Shoe
It's a flashback to normal times. God, keep up with pupkin ya failures.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Keystoned
Jan 27, 2012
I think we misunderstood what kind of acid is in acidville.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I actually kind of want that pupkin jacket.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Baron von Eevl posted:

I actually kind of want that pupkin jacket.

How big is pupikin? It doesn't seem like he'd have enough skin to make a human-sized jacket.