Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I'll start on season 2 then. I like watching something more honed first before watching the baby step episodes to finding their groove. That it got a second season means it must be good to an extent. Something about going back and finding the missteps more charming than offputting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

My new Sour Pink Grapefruit cartridge tastes absolutely phenomenal.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
To the guy looking into nails: Buy a honeydabber2 and toss in a brulee torch and 3 pack of butane.

Torch the tip for about 40 seconds until it glows (it won't unless it's pretty dark or the inside is dirty), then wait 10 seconds and scrape an edge of your blob while gently inhaling.

If you suck too hard you'll end up with v. hot weed goo in your mouth.

Flip the glass tube every session and start by working the reclaim down to the tip and hoot that first. I do this by heating where the tip goes into wood and working the juice to about an inch from the tip, then I draw the liquid reclaim to the hotspot and it sublimates.

Samuel L. Hacksaw fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Sep 30, 2021

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

Torch the tip for about 40 seconds until it glows
that seems like a really long time. i just tried it with my "Blazer Big Shot 9000" torch and it only took 15 seconds to get the tip orange

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

Video Nasty posted:

My new Sour Pink Grapefruit cartridge tastes absolutely phenomenal.

I love flavored carts. Found a place that does some flavored carts, one of them was Orange Cream. Very good! I gotta try some Grapefruit though...

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I'll start on season 2 then. I like watching something more honed first before watching the baby step episodes to finding their groove. That it got a second season means it must be good to an extent. Something about going back and finding the missteps more charming than offputting.

Season 1 is also good, but yea definitely they are working on finding their own thing. Season 2 they've got a good thing going and the biggest thing is how much nicer everyone is to each other than the UK version!

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

thehoodie posted:

Season 1 is also good, but yea definitely they are working on finding their own thing. Season 2 they've got a good thing going and the biggest thing is how much nicer everyone is to each other than the UK version!

I like the ridicule, I think the mean-spirited side of it just makes it, but it largely falls back on the personality of the show. Greg being who he is, plays rear end in a top hat dictator well.

On that note, the piss poor flop of the american version lies squarely on the choice of Reggie Watts. He was a terrible Taskmaster, I never believed any of his supposed threats or critical lines, he's just too goddamn soft. I'd prefer Greg host another american take. If it happens again. Alex was already the co-host, and americans love them some ridicule with an accent, it's what originally made that Weakest Link host here 20 years ago. We. Love. Assholes. It's why the Bachelor still runs.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I made an electronically cooled bong.

I've managed to get it down to 7.6C 4.1C 1.6C using a single peltier modue. I'm adding a 2nd one that's twice as powerful on the weekend, and I'm going to try to aim for sub zero cooling.

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Oct 2, 2021

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Lol

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

butt dickus posted:

that seems like a really long time. i just tried it with my "Blazer Big Shot 9000" torch and it only took 15 seconds to get the tip orange

I thought 40 seconds was average. this is very concerning.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

I thought 40 seconds was average. this is very concerning.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
it's ok it was just the tip

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

fuctifino posted:

I've managed to get it down to 7.6C using a single peltier modue. I'm adding a 2nd one that's twice as powerful on the weekend, and I'm going to try to aim for sub zero cooling.

What the gently caress

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

fuctifino posted:

I've managed to get it down to 7.6C using a single peltier modue. I'm adding a 2nd one that's twice as powerful on the weekend, and I'm going to try to aim for sub zero cooling.

As someone who has also enjoyed building weirdo weed devices :discourse:

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Inspector Hound posted:

What the gently caress
Since covid, I've been religiously using an ice bong system due to my now sensitive lungs. I then recently changed that to an inline condenser tube with a motor that feeds from an ice bucket.

This attempt is to try and do away with having to keep making and collecting ice. :)

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

fuctifino posted:

This absolutely rules. I love your projects and you motivated me to order a graham condenser for my bong. Just waiting for tubing to show up then I'll post photos.

also, built my own whip for using vape carts via my box mod on my bong, hot drat is that smooth and dangerous. This latest cart of Sour Diesel is wrecking my brain nicely.

I just had a thought re: crushed ice with ice bong: the opening in mine is kinda large, so what about some big ice cubes at the bottom then a layer of finely crushed ice? i know it won't last long but I imagine all that surface area would be amazing for cooling a few hits

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

fuctifino posted:

lmfao this owns hahaha

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Does anyone else like hot water? I don't keep my bubbler warm all the time or anything but when I fill it up to start i use as hot as my tap gets. I feel like it helps to add some humidity to dry vape air and smooths it out.

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players

Code Jockey posted:

I just had a thought re: crushed ice with ice bong: the opening in mine is kinda large, so what about some big ice cubes at the bottom then a layer of finely crushed ice? i know it won't last long but I imagine all that surface area would be amazing for cooling a few hits
does yours have an ice catch? i use crushed ice, the auger on my fridge leaves some pieces that are big enough to lodge in there and hold up the rest. sure, some pieces fall through, but that doesn't hurt the water. lately i've been jamming more in there and compressing it to get it even cooler. the ice will melt and you gotta pour out some of the water but then you can just keep stuffing more crushed ice in there

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Code Jockey posted:

This absolutely rules. I love your projects and you motivated me to order a graham condenser for my bong. Just waiting for tubing to show up then I'll post photos.

Awesome :) I'm looking forward to seeing the pics

quote:

I'm not sure it would make a huge amount of difference tbh, except maybe to get the whole bong down to temperature a bit quicker. I guess you'll have to experiment and find out.

CoolRanch
Apr 5, 2019

fuctifino posted:

I call next once it's done

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

fuctifino posted:

Awesome :) I'm looking forward to seeing the pics

A prototype:

had to make sure the glass didn't leak. The last one I bought leaked like crazy because the top connector had cracked :argh:

The condenser is mighty cold. The clear box is an old brita filter thingy I had, works perfect for this.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Code Jockey posted:

A prototype:

had to make sure the glass didn't leak. The last one I bought leaked like crazy because the top connector had cracked :argh:

The condenser is mighty cold. The clear box is an old brita filter thingy I had, works perfect for this.

Nice one :) Insulation is definitely paramount if you want to keep the unit cool for a long time, and not have it dripping condensation puddles everywhere. My ice bucket pump bong stays <6C for up to 5 hours with heavy insulation along the tubes and the condenser using Stormguard foam insulation tape.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

fuctifino posted:

Nice one :) Insulation is definitely paramount if you want to keep the unit cool for a long time, and not have it dripping condensation puddles everywhere. My ice bucket pump bong stays <6C for up to 5 hours with heavy insulation along the tubes and the condenser using Stormguard foam insulation tape.

Thank you! Didn't even consider insulation, but, duh. :doh:

That's awesome though. The ice bong w/out that setup is already real smooth, this, hoo boy

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Code Jockey posted:

The ice bong w/out that setup is already real smooth, this, hoo boy

It's loving lovely, isn't it? :)

On the subject of insulation, I tidied up and tightened the insulation on the electronic system, and managed to get it down to 4.1C just now :)

This will definitely be able to go sub zero when I install the second peltier module (using vodka as the coolant) :)

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Sep 30, 2021

I Was The Fury
Oct 19, 2012

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

I like to smoke weed

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

I Was The Fury posted:

I like to smoke weed

You know what? Me too.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
Does all the extra tubing and travel time from bowl to mouth result in less thc for you at the end?

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

skooma512 posted:

Does all the extra tubing and travel time from bowl to mouth result in less thc for you at the end?

that is a hard no lmao, in my extremely scientific research so far

I did cut my tubes as short as possible because my lungs suck and I didn't want to have to draw so hard

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

Code Jockey posted:

that is a hard no lmao, in my extremely scientific research so far

I did cut my tubes as short as possible because my lungs suck and I didn't want to have to draw so hard

That’s good, I always worry that more bits = less efficient.

To add to the crazy straw chiller projects, would adding a device to do most of the pull for you be feasible? Think like the little pouch you pump when you’re taking blood pressure.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

skooma512 posted:

That’s good, I always worry that more bits = less efficient.

To add to the crazy straw chiller projects, would adding a device to do most of the pull for you be feasible? Think like the little pouch you pump when you’re taking blood pressure.

lol curious about this, as I was thinking about adding a tiny tiny vacuum pump I could use to draw through all the glass, when I was worried about that

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Very little collects in the condenser tube, and it's actually quite a small pathway, so la lot less air volume than a normal large bong. As for losing any THC, I'm absolutely hosed at the moment. I feel as though I'm vaping for the first time, rather than <checks notes> day 538 of a wake and bake routine....

.... I don't feel as though I'm losing anything

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

Code Jockey posted:

lol curious about this, as I was thinking about adding a tiny tiny vacuum pump I could use to draw through all the glass, when I was worried about that

Now I’m envisioning a Y shaped tube with the pouch on one side and the mouthpiece on the other, with a shudder to prevent it from blowing backward and letting the air out from the mouthpiece.

What about an aquarium pump?

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

fuctifino posted:

I've managed to get it down to 7.6C 4.1C using a single peltier modue. I'm adding a 2nd one that's twice as powerful on the weekend, and I'm going to try to aim for sub zero cooling.

ok i dare you to smoke that at a bus stop

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

skooma512 posted:

Now I’m envisioning a Y shaped tube with the pouch on one side and the mouthpiece on the other, with a shudder to prevent it from blowing backward and letting the air out from the mouthpiece.

What about an aquarium pump?

I thought about an aquarium pump but that would pressurize the system, right? Unless you could run it backwards?

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
weed, imo

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

pretty much

lol that condenser is cooooold and boy, it is just, lol

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I did a video about the prototype iceless ice bong if anyone is interested. It's a public video, so feel free to share elsewhere and inspire others to build their own.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WH9GwZxeg1U

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

I'm at work and I just got my daily USPS mail preview email. There is an envelope from the state's department of health and now I just have to sit here for another 7 and a half hours thinking about that med card waiting for me.

Gonna be a great Friday night though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Droogie posted:

daily USPS mail preview email

Your what?