Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
calling a slide whistle 'prop comedy' is an insult to how hilarious a slide whistle can be

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
yeah, it's funny. It got me good.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar
Slide whistle bit was good. Everything else was meh. Solid 3 fork guest.

Ardemia
Jan 2, 2004

IT IS MY RIGHT TO GET BEHIND THE WHEEL WHEN I'VE PUT BACK SIX SHIRLEY TEMPLES OK

:patriot:
He had strong "slightly older than target age range for podcasts comedy scene guy" vibe which a couple of other guests have had. I don't think that necessarily makes it a worse or better episode but I do think its tougher for them to have an even back and forth with those guests very often.

I'm glad he was on though

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

sexpig by night posted:

calling a slide whistle 'prop comedy' is an insult to how hilarious a slide whistle can be

it was funny the first time. it was not the eighth.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Slide whistles are xenophobic.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

WerthersWay posted:

Slide whistles are xenophobic.

First the SJWs come for Apu, now Sideshow Mel...

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

Ardemia posted:

He had strong "slightly older than target age range for podcasts comedy scene guy" vibe which a couple of other guests have had. I don't think that necessarily makes it a worse or better episode but I do think its tougher for them to have an even back and forth with those guests very often.

I'm glad he was on though

I bet the median age of Doughboys listeners is like, 40.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:

soggybagel posted:

Please don’t doxx me

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

soggybagel posted:

Mitch to fans: "You old piece of poo poo!"

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
hey eat poo poo, I'm 41!

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."
Mitch and Wiger recently went on Struggle Session and it was a real fun treat and probably the funniest banter in quite a while from Mitch & Wiger.

And then when people wanted to post it in the subreddit - apparently there was drama and it got removed?

And then it caused mitch to make a post on the reddit, only for that post to get deleted?

https://twitter.com/BDayBoysMitch/status/1442747975877468161

This is one silly afternoon.

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
I for one think it’s very funny that a reddit mod drunk on their own power removed Mitch’s post from his own podcast’s subreddit. I always get a kick out of poo poo like that. Like when someone in the audience heckles a well respected punk band at a show.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Mitch should have followed the community rules.

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

guess the mod got fired

This is such a hilarious subreddit drama of the day to me, it started as a ban Leslie, then became a repeat post of the episode, then Mitch stepped in and said "I allow it" and just hilarity.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
drop king kind of sucks as far as I can tell but I’m glad he got a job working with his favorite podcasters it’s always nice when stuff like that happens. I’m sure he’s decent enough behind the scenes

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

indigi posted:

drop king kind of sucks as far as I can tell but I’m glad he got a job working with his favorite podcasters it’s always nice when stuff like that happens. I’m sure he’s decent enough behind the scenes

yea Drop King's hit or miss for me but he seems like a nice enough dude and it's cool of the Doughboys to actually find a way to bring him in and all.

Folks, the boys are gud.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

looked at that and learned this dates back to past drama surrounding "BugCon" a... semi-ironic convention about bug mane?

lmao

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

eke out posted:

looked at that and learned this dates back to past drama surrounding "BugCon" a... semi-ironic convention about bug mane?

lmao

all roads lead to bug

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Did Wiger use to say “buddy” a lot? everyone’s impression of him invariably involves the word but I never really notice him saying it. I didn’t listen to the first year or two so maybe he said it then

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
I've never noticed it either, maybe it's an off-mic affectation.

I do think it's funny that when Wiger makes fun of himself now, he always starts it off with a "Hay Buddy."

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

Yeah I thought that was more of a Wiger thing

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Pretty sure Mitch was just doing the South Park canadian thing to mock Wiger’s voice and it stuck.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Thanks to this dumbass podcast, I find myself saying hello to dogs and birds in the neighborhood with “Hay Buddy!”

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Thanks to both Doughboys and Hollywood Handbook I have said "Wow" more in the past 5 years or so than I have the rest of my life

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Waterbed Wendy posted:

I’m glad I wasn’t the only one who thought Derek Waters sucked. I gave it 30 minutes before I shut it off. Idk it felt like he was nervous or something and the vibe was awkward as gently caress. Once he was like “let’s turn off cams and just talk” I was done with it.

I agree he started out weak and sounded bored but got better as the show went along. Not a top tier guest but any means but ended up maybe a 3 forker. I think it was hurt by the restaurant being fairly obscure without an interesting reason to be covering it so it was harder to hook me in. Compare with how I'm probably never going to Jimmy Buffett's restaurant but Mitch becoming enraged at Rockdoughberfest and changing his past scores made it hilarious.

indigi posted:

Yeah, I assume he's taking work off their plates (heh) behind the scenes but he's not a delight like Yusong or Emma. Reminds me of how they'd bring in their old producer Dustin sometimes and he didn't add much as his strengths weren't on mike.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Hyrax Attack! posted:

I agree he started out weak and sounded bored but got better as the show went along. Not a top tier guest but any means but ended up maybe a 3 forker. I think it was hurt by the restaurant being fairly obscure without an interesting reason to be covering it so it was harder to hook me in. Compare with how I'm probably never going to Jimmy Buffett's restaurant but Mitch becoming enraged at Rockdoughberfest and changing his past scores made it hilarious.

I will give it another chance then, that first ten minutes was ooof and I had another ep of a different podcast that I wanted to listen to queued up after it so I skipped that poo poo.

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

eke out posted:

lmao

The cult of bug is amazing, that and the "slurp fam" (fans of Jack Allison's Jack AM, etc)

I missed the last few years even though it's held every year at the BURBANK AIRPORT MARRIOT.

They had a really good parody of theme park and comic con "experiences" based on Mitch's appearance in The Tomorrow War.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcC0ohPNI3w

Also bug mane is in a taco bell ad now, so everything is coming up simulation.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Yeah, I assume he's taking work off their plates (heh) behind the scenes but he's not a delight like Yusong or Emma. Reminds me of how they'd bring in their old producer Dustin sometimes and he didn't add much as his strengths weren't on mike.

I'm pretty sure Dustin had some mental health and substance abuse issues.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

yeah I’m pretty sure he also assaulted and abused women iirc

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Dustin's the guy who accused Earwolf of having ties to slavery so yeah

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.

TelevisedInsanity posted:

The cult of bug is amazing, that and the "slurp fam" (fans of Jack Allison's Jack AM, etc)

I missed the last few years even though it's held every year at the BURBANK AIRPORT MARRIOT.

They had a really good parody of theme park and comic con "experiences" based on Mitch's appearance in The Tomorrow War.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcC0ohPNI3w

Also bug mane is in a taco bell ad now, so everything is coming up simulation.

thats right

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
looks like this thread just got a little squirt of puddy sauce all over it, skittle skattle buzz buzz

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

JethroMcB posted:

Dustin's the guy who accused Earwolf of having ties to slavery so yeah

Marsupial Ape posted:

I'm pretty sure Dustin had some mental health and substance abuse issues.

indigi posted:

yeah I’m pretty sure he also assaulted and abused women iirc

Whoa I did not know that, that explains their switch to Headgum and Nick's occasional hostile comment about Feral audio.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Shameful Wiger correcting Mitch when he was totally correct that Karloff was the original mummy.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

personally I’m mad at Dustin cause he asked me to help him with a bunch of work for a podcast and then didn’t credit me, which isn’t worse than abusing women but it’s really close

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Oh I remember the real reason I came to the thread, I wanted to say that Emma and f he’s incredulity at Nick never having had Swedish Fish is really really funny

“well, don’t be incensed with me”

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

I liked they remembered Emma has the power to fire Mitch

Ardemia
Jan 2, 2004

IT IS MY RIGHT TO GET BEHIND THE WHEEL WHEN I'VE PUT BACK SIX SHIRLEY TEMPLES OK

:patriot:
I made the "hmmm" sound at the exact same time mitch did at the marshmallow skeptic line because that is some questionable BS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

wiger eating dry buns is his most stone cold psychopath poo poo to date