Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Phoix posted:

I haven't spent any time with it but I just picked up my wired 360 controller and it seemed to work natively.

Well kinda...it lets me move around but most things don't actually work.

This would be a great game for controller support because you don't use that many skills and it would make the combat pretty fun IMO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
I got lucky and was able to play for 76 minutes (no queue) on Tuesday night. It felt really bland though and I just went back to D2R. Probably just gonna return it.

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole
I was playing and doing quests, I was barely level 10 and was getting pretty bored. I decided that before I logged out I would get the stuff together to make an iron chest. I spent like an hour running around gathering and it was a lot of fun, I strayed into the zone west of the first town with high level monsters but they were far enough away I was able to mine some silver.

I can see that future crafting will be a huge grind but for now game is fun for me. Luckily I can enter the queue before I get off of work and that helps a lot.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

CongoJack posted:

I was playing and doing quests, I was barely level 10 and was getting pretty bored. I decided that before I logged out I would get the stuff together to make an iron chest. I spent like an hour running around gathering and it was a lot of fun, I strayed into the zone west of the first town with high level monsters but they were far enough away I was able to mine some silver.

I can see that future crafting will be a huge grind but for now game is fun for me. Luckily I can enter the queue before I get off of work and that helps a lot.

Yeah, this is the runescape feeling that was referenced earlier. Dodging monsters you are not prepared to fight to get to a coal vein in the wilds is a bizarrely entrepreneurial kick that you don't really get in games that aren't player economy driven.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I really like the gathering aspect of this game. It really hits all the right spots for me.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

MarcusSA posted:

I really like the gathering aspect of this game. It really hits all the right spots for me.

The mining noise is extremely good. I don't like how rare and hard to get a lot of the secondary components in cooking are, but food buffs are good enough that it could drive a nice market at the trading post eventually.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
I haven't seen Eltagg in a very long time but the gathering in this game would be crack cocaine to him and I hope he's out there somewhere loving it

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

It appears that the server caps on West have been raised slightly after today's maintenance downtime.

Not sure what the new cap is... El Dorado is at 2240 with 400 in queue, but Celadon is at 2245 with 556 in queue and Mag Mell is at 2248 with a queue.

Plancta is at 2006 and no queue yet.

So looks like a 12% approximate cap increase, but the numbers don't match from server to server, varying from 2240 to 2248 for the busy servers with a queue.

Fake Edit: After refreshing again, all the big servers are at 2248, 2249 or 2250, so it was a cap increase of 250.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

The Locator posted:

It appears that the server caps on West have been raised slightly after today's maintenance downtime.

Not sure what the new cap is... El Dorado is at 2240 with 400 in queue, but Celadon is at 2245 with 556 in queue and Mag Mell is at 2248 with a queue.

Plancta is at 2006 and no queue yet.

So looks like a 12% approximate cap increase, but the numbers don't match from server to server, varying from 2240 to 2248 for the busy servers with a queue.

Fake Edit: After refreshing again, all the big servers are at 2248, 2249 or 2250, so it was a cap increase of 250.

Yeah, I wonder what they had to take out just to get Lumberjack (e: cryengine offshoot sorry) to allow 250 more ppl in.

e: Also this is insane, I wonder how many people on each server are just bots farming:
https://www.g2g.com/categories/new-world-coins

Barreft fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Sep 30, 2021

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

This morning Australia had a number of servers at 2250 and a couple at 2500.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

My lot packed it in on our original server and re rolled on one without a queue. Lovely.

Although when I remade my character, I chose a slightly darker skin tone, only to discover that whenever I'm not near a light source, the skin loving turns orange. Remake #2 coming up!

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

NeurosisHead posted:

The mining noise is extremely good. I don't like how rare and hard to get a lot of the secondary components in cooking are, but food buffs are good enough that it could drive a nice market at the trading post eventually.

The mining and lumberjack noise is great. Especially when it gets the echo effect. Just approach a town and hear in the distance people felling trees and picking iron veins or just boulders to level up stonecutting and do upkeep missions.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

On just one mmo boost site after being open for 2 days they have over 85,000 items already to sell, and poo poo tons of gold if you want to buy it.

Incredibly impressive Amazon

e: good thing the 2k queue limit lets them stay on forever

e: 50,000 coins is currently 6 bucks, sound right?

Barreft fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Sep 30, 2021

Pussy Snorkel
Sep 12, 2008

With the Pussy Snorkel, any man can be a dive master.

Barreft posted:

On just one mmo boost site after being open for 2 days they have over 85,000 items already to sell, and poo poo tons of gold if you want to buy it.

Much cheaper than day one, at least.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

JuffoWup posted:

The mining and lumberjack noise is great. Especially when it gets the echo effect. Just approach a town and hear in the distance people felling trees and picking iron veins or just boulders to level up stonecutting and do upkeep missions.

I just wish there was a better way to find nodes than having to check external sites. I like to just turn my brain off and click stuff. Having to actually focus and figure out where those locations in outside maps are actually ingame kinda breaks that vibe.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
My first runs of Amrine last night ended in failure at the last boss and we all quit.

Today I joined a different group as a dps, realized we didn't have a healer, and spent most of my time on my 2nd slot Life Staff trying my best.

I learned Life Staff in a good group is incredibly fun and you feel like a god. I might respec after that run since I'd been going 2/1 Dex/Con until now

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Barreft posted:

Lowest price on my server (on g2g, no idea what other places exist) is $5.49 per 1000 gold. Lol.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Pigbottom posted:

I just wish there was a better way to find nodes than having to check external sites. I like to just turn my brain off and click stuff. Having to actually focus and figure out where those locations in outside maps are actually ingame kinda breaks that vibe.

Oh, I completely agree. I've also seen oddities with nodes too. Especially regarding mining. Like, I'll see the crumpled pile from an iron vein that I've mined previously and knew was there. And then see someone just mining away with the full ringing sounds of their actions in thin air on that spot. Even more puzzling is that there is an invisible wall there too. But at least on my client side, that vein never respawned. Which is a weird out of phase thing to happen. To see people mining what your client says is thin air while everyone saw a spawned node you were just staring stupidly at and not mining. I always thought it was all first come first serve. But see those moments made me wonder. But I'm now thinking that if your client missing the update, the server never comes back and says "did you get that info about item x being back?" Nor does the client check back when it gets updated on someone mining it when the client shows nothing there.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

This reminds me of a cross between Shadowbane and UO if I squint hard enough, which would be cool but uh, not the amazon implementation.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Barreft posted:

This reminds me of a cross between Shadowbane and UO if I squint hard enough, which would be cool but uh, not the amazon implementation.

Then move the gently caress on already. There are other games you can play.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
I don't understand how to kill anyone once they start running away in pvp, hahaha. It basically seems like it's impossible to die or kill anyone 1v1 if you/they really just want to run away.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

WarEternal posted:

I don't understand how to kill anyone once they start running away in pvp, hahaha. It basically seems like it's impossible to die or kill anyone 1v1 if you/they really just want to run away.

Slows are basically worthless with rolls. Really souring me on frost.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

WarEternal posted:

Some weapons have good gap closers like the 2 handed axe's charge ability. Most ranged combat trees have slowing debuffs that can be applied to enemies. But if you don't get on top of your enemy from the get-go, they might get away.

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?
Not playing, but I have seen that you can weapon swap mid dodge roll and it will cancel the stutter pause. This also can let you triple dodge I guess.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
Hatchet just has a straight up run speed boost skill iirc

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice
I mean i don't pay a monthly fee so I don't feel bad playing until I get tired of chopping trees and stuff.

I dont blame people for not wanting to play for sure.

Discospawn
Mar 3, 2007

jabro posted:

Then move the gently caress on already. There are other games you can play.

jabro posted:

Steam says I have 20.7 hours of gametime. I have yet to step inside the game. That's all queue time.
Game thread being defended by people who literally can't play the game.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Discospawn posted:

Yeah I was gonna say relax to them, but lol

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Discospawn posted:

lol there was no defending of the game. Just me bitching about someone whining about the same poo poo over and over.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Discospawn posted:

This thread lol

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
The secret is out on my 2nd server, TumTum, with a 640 person queue tonight.

So, on to my third server. Also, I really dislike the chat interface. I don't have lots of MMO experience but it seems hard to tell at a glance if the person speaking is next to you or halfway across the map.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
I enjoy this so far when I play it

the 19 person queues for starting areas that never move are very deceiving

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Hughmoris posted:

So, on to my third server. Also, I really dislike the chat interface. I don't have lots of MMO experience but it seems hard to tell at a glance if the person speaking is next to you or halfway across the map.

sounds fun, I think?

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

2nd day in a row with no queue which is nice. My big problem now is how rare fae iron ore appears to be, especially with how many people are competing for iron ore.

Also slightly unamused at me checking a map and realizing that iron ore does not, in fact, spawn in the mines I was looking in. Annoying.

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

Hellioning posted:

2nd day in a row with no queue which is nice. My big problem now is how rare fae iron ore appears to be, especially with how many people are competing for iron ore.

Also slightly unamused at me checking a map and realizing that iron ore does not, in fact, spawn in the mines I was looking in. Annoying.

Have you been using luck food? During the open beta, that's what people swore helped a lot (rarely getting some instead of never).

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

The chat UI is really bad, agreed.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Hughmoris posted:

I believe there is local VOIP so I think local chat is supposed to be voiced. Which is...a unique choice

There are chat bubbles but again, since all chat is global chat you rarely see them

CuddleCryptid fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Oct 1, 2021

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Oil! posted:

Have you been using luck food? During the open beta, that's what people swore helped a lot (rarely getting some instead of never).

I have not! I have not been getting the specific spice I need for the mining luck food. Good to know that matters.

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Participated in my first war and that was pretty fun. Kind of poo poo that it's only 50v50 that are selected by each side, but the actual gameplay is great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me
i've been cutting down trees for hours. people walk out of town and see the fields of my creation. they can't believe one man could do such a thing to the world.