Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Lol if you think their fans would let them engage free labour

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Roach Warehouse posted:

Lol if you think their fans would let them engage free labour

because the yahoo superstars like Drew Davenport and Rachel Rosing were getting paid

hell they could just ask the Facebook or Reddit groups.

“Can we have ideas?”

And like 20 anoraks each send them a dissertation’s worth of notes

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

It’d be fun to have other doctors or med students on and ask them how they’d diagnose and treat a given scenario, then get their reactions to what was actually being done in the year the scenario occurred.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Ok Comboomer posted:

In their defense, they did have another kid, and Sydnee’s been doing clinical work during all of COVID, in WVa no less

Like, I don’t listen to that podcast anymore either (although my initial impetus might have been quite different from yours) but I can’t really blame them if it’s been creatively back-burnered

Justin isn’t medically savvy in the way that S is. They’d have to like hire somebody to help write or showrun/research/script/fact-check, and that’s probably too much outlay for Sawbones relative to something like TAZ.

Although they could probably find a med/grad student to pay for a couple hours of part-time/do it for free.

Oh, totally, I don't blame them or anything. All very valid reasons! Should probably take a break from doing it, really.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea like others have said I've mainly dropped Sawbones unless it's an especially dunkable topic like 'hey, Goop is really loving dumb, probably more stupid and greedy than dangerous though so let's just laugh at it', but I'm not exactly shocked an actual medical professional in a state like WV is a bit more worried about making sure anyone listening to her understands 'guys I swear to god the vaccine is safe and horse drugs are not for people please just get the shot if you can' than pointing at a stupid rich person hocking snake oil and going 'lol'.

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

i dunno, i feel like the past several episodes of sawbones have been pretty good. vicks, thalidomide, herbalife, and black oxygen organics were all good topics imo

the havana syndrome one was kind of nothing because there's nothing really to say about havana syndrome if you're not gonna just call it out as a weird hysteria among us gov't suits

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Justin had to turn away from the mic and scream laughter because his brothers were going all in on talking about masturbation.

With a very educational cameo by Dr. Fauci.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Travis saying he's been practicing his signature since he was a child was very in character.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Ivypls posted:

i dunno, i feel like the past several episodes of sawbones have been pretty good. vicks, thalidomide, herbalife, and black oxygen organics were all good topics imo

the havana syndrome one was kind of nothing because there's nothing really to say about havana syndrome if you're not gonna just call it out as a weird hysteria among us gov't suits

The latest Chapo episode is what the Sawbones Havana Syndrome episode should have been.

https://soundcloud.com/chapo-trap-house/562-goodbye-horses-92821#t=3:49

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3zSCcEnyk0

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title

Entropic posted:

The latest Chapo episode is what the Sawbones Havana Syndrome episode should have been.
I don't listen to Chapo but decided to hop in for this one because I will listen to literally anyone making fun of this Ozy media / Carlos Watson situation.

I was surprised that they mostly just take the whole article and read it out loud? Oh well better than a kick in the pants

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
https://twitter.com/freep/status/1443337827912200194?s=21

Paging Justin McElroy. Justin McElroy please pick up the Munch Phone.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Zero One posted:

*Travis McElroy does fake Travis gasp at the news*

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Zero One posted:

Detroit Free Press posted:

"The opportunity to build a permanent location based on an incredibly meta-reference was one that everyone at Union Joints, as a Metro Detroit restaurant group, took very seriously," Catallo said in a news release. "We’re proud of the fact that we created a scratch sauce that tastes like it’s straight from the jar, and wok-firing the noodles gives it that leftover pasta snap."

wow, “we made gourmet food, but made it like a contrived pastiche of poor people food” eat my whole rear end

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Sivart13 posted:

I was surprised that they mostly just take the whole article and read it out loud? Oh well better than a kick in the pants

better than literally any munch squad

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Ok Comboomer posted:

wow, “we made gourmet food, but made it like a contrived pastiche of poor people food” eat my whole rear end

Lmao

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
Griffin doesn’t know poo poo about nemertean physiology. Very disappointing episode

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Lmao zooks wants to talk to everything

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Shinjobi posted:

Lmao zooks wants to talk to everything

Talk to Animals is the new Zone of Truth

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

Wouldn't you?

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

just lol if you don't annoy your DM multiple times a session with Speak with Animals

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
dm's make the creatures too sapient and thats their own dang fault.

Acute Grill
Dec 9, 2011

Chomp

Wasabi the J posted:

dm's make the creatures too sapient and thats their own dang fault.

Talk to plants/animals/dead goes out of its way to make excuses for the DM to say it's not useful but DMs gonna DM

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Acute Grill posted:

Talk to plants/animals/dead goes out of its way to make excuses for the DM to say it's not useful but DMs gonna DM

avatar seems to be speaking from experience.

"where is the ancient shrine of-"

"HUNGERRRRRRRRRRR"

"ah gently caress that's my finger you gently caress!"

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Ok Comboomer posted:

yeah crazy man good thing you're here to call it out. Really stick it to them.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Previa_fun posted:

lol ok dude

you sure told me

Goddamn, imagine being the person that posted this

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

Previa_fun posted:

What is this post?

Brands and companies larping poverty and then making press releases about how whacky it is in order to sell stuff is bad, actually.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
How is leftover spaghetti poor people food, literally everyone eats that, I thought

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Nobody involved with that restaurant has eaten leftovers in 15 years.

Well the janitor probably has

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Colonel Whitey posted:

How is leftover spaghetti poor people food, literally everyone eats that, I thought

“we developed a sauce from scratch that tastes fresh from the jar”

“cooked in a wok so it has that leftover pasta snap”

it’s literally a reference to 8 Mile and B Rabbit, and by extension Eminem growing up in circumstances

it boggles my mind that this would have to be explained to somebody

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Pasta is literally cucina povera, or peasant food in Italian. In case anyone was thinking of offering a "pasta is good" take.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

um excuse me posted:

Pasta is literally cucina povera, or peasant food in Italian. In case anyone was thinking of offering a "pasta is good" take.

I mean, pasta is good, but this is literally “we made an $11-14 from-scratch pasta dish designed to replicate the experience of eating day-old spaghetti cooked with a $2 jar of Prego because that’s how it happened in 8 Mile”

like not only does the premise suck hot rear end, it’s insulting to the customer- in a way that hypebeast idiots and wannabe influencers will lap up

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

Ok Comboomer posted:

“we developed a sauce from scratch that tastes fresh from the jar”

“cooked in a wok so it has that leftover pasta snap”

it’s literally a reference to 8 Mile and B Rabbit, and by extension Eminem growing up in circumstances

it boggles my mind that this would have to be explained to somebody

:rolleyes: ok bud

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

You're trying real hard to be obtuse here, man.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Stroop There It Is posted:

just lol if you don't annoy your DM multiple times a session with Speak with Animals

A good DM has a character sheet and complex psychological profile ready to go for every stray dog that crosses the party's path

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Always annoy the dm

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

Poor Miserable Gurgi posted:

Alright

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Poor Miserable Gurgi posted:

I’m p sure that guys a Previa_fun alt, just ignore them both

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

username bein real accurate right about now bud

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

PostNouveau posted:

A good DM has a character sheet and complex psychological profile ready to go for every stray dog that crosses the party's path

well Rude Tales of Magic manages to do that