Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

lol that dipshit has tweeted 138 times a day on average for 11 years and all of them are bad

506k tweets lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.
I keep reading it as promo-anarchist

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Orange Carlisle posted:

lol that dipshit has tweeted 138 times a day on average for 11 years and all of them are bad

506k tweets lol

Enough about the banned poster

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
So basically Carl was a decent heel but didn't get a push

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

El Generico posted:

I keep reading it as promo-anarchist

"I'm going to torch this cop car, but before we get started I'd like to take a minute to tell you about Raid Shadow Legends. Makhno mistake, this game is hours of fun!""

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.

Zombie Lemur posted:

"I'm going to torch this cop car, but before we get started I'd like to take a minute to tell you about Raid Shadow Legends. Makhno mistake, this game is hours of fun!""

Peak An-Cap

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
It seems unfair to pick on such a legendarily bad account but this joke is just so poorly written and then the #kayfabe at the end is the chef's kiss. It stinks!

https://twitter.com/WWECreative_ish/status/1443765942207590406

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID

MassRafTer posted:

It seems unfair to pick on such a legendarily bad account but this joke is just so poorly written and then the #kayfabe at the end is the chef's kiss. It stinks!

https://twitter.com/WWECreative_ish/status/1443765942207590406

Oh man, I didn't even know that account was still around. Have they continued to be Dolph Ziggler's last remaining fan?

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

the last couple of pages have been incredibly educational. the things you learn in the bad wrestling takes thread...

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/PardonMyTake/status/1444002124967387138?s=20

Ah, once again we have people telling a wrestler what actually was the most important moment of their career was

https://twitter.com/Kenfed__/status/1444008811212247059?s=20
https://twitter.com/KimiMtz17/status/1444009735364268036?s=20

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Sadly they havent combined their constant tweeting about globalists and scripture into their wrestling tweets yet

https://twitter.com/Ralphy_Lu/status/1444014193867427849?s=19

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Lid posted:

Sadly they havent combined their constant tweeting about globalists and scripture into their wrestling tweets yet

https://twitter.com/Ralphy_Lu/status/1444014193867427849?s=19

Oh yeah, the ever-growing ratings of TNA
https://i.imgur.com/GxUB6Jd.mp4

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Germansimp posted:

Oh yeah, the ever-growing ratings of TNA
https://i.imgur.com/GxUB6Jd.mp4

"SpikeTV Only Channel In World" always gets a big laugh out of me

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

a carlist is what you look at if you need a new vehicle

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

https://twitter.com/girloncinema/status/1441580327948804098?s=20

Hey remember when Vince started out with nothing and built up the WWE from scratch?

Yeah, me neither.

(To be fair, Vince did take a lot of huge risks early on, but pretending like he didn't have a lot of the groundwork handed to him already is really silly.)

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

It took me longer than I'd like to admit to figure out she was trying to say, "Honey, Sweetie" and not "Honey, sweaty" I was perplexed.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Vandar posted:

https://twitter.com/girloncinema/status/1441580327948804098?s=20

Hey remember when Vince started out with nothing and built up the WWE from scratch?

Yeah, me neither.

(To be fair, Vince did take a lot of huge risks early on, but pretending like he didn't have a lot of the groundwork handed to him already is really silly.)

If Vince didn't have the New York market or the New Japan talent exchange deal from his dad's company he probably either goes broke during the first 2 years of the expansion or its drastically scaled back

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

TheKingslayer posted:

It took me longer than I'd like to admit to figure out she was trying to say, "Honey, Sweetie" and not "Honey, sweaty" I was perplexed.

Saying 'sweaty' there is a gag for whatever reason, for what it's worth.

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

If Vince doesnt have the New York Market, Vince doesnt do poo poo

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Duke Pukem posted:

If Vince doesnt have the New York Market, Vince doesnt do poo poo

I thought it wasn’t just the NY market, but a deal between one of Vince’s antecedents and Madison Square fukkin Garden, which was the venue of venues for a long drat time

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
MSG sweetheart deal is a function of being THE New York promoter.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/1444114782202826752

https://twitter.com/davidbix/status/1444126168882548738

still no idea why Trev hates bix all of a sudden.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

can't remember but i don't think it's really sudden or even a recent thing. it's probably hosed up territorial issues stemming from a similar place as the other attractive personality quirks

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

SatoshiMiwa posted:

If Vince didn't have the New York market or the New Japan talent exchange deal from his dad's company he probably either goes broke during the first 2 years of the expansion or its drastically scaled back

Or, as much as one might hate to say it, Hogan. That plus jumping on cable and doing the Rock 'N Wrestling Connection and Wrestlemania which was a super huge risk, but beyond that... I mean, Hogan came to him fully formed, he just had the sense to let Hogan do his thing whereas Verne didn't.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I'm not convinced Vince is a good booker. When he's had the most control like the early 90s new generation or the current era - WWE was not enjoyable for me.

I really got into wwf when vince russo was handling a lot of the booking but enjoyed it even more when that Chris guy did the booking in like 2000 - 2001 which is probably my favorite era.

I think he's the guy they made fun of and called a nerd for keeping a book with who was friends with who, who hated who and basically a guide to keep things making sense.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Dawgstar posted:

Or, as much as one might hate to say it, Hogan. That plus jumping on cable and doing the Rock 'N Wrestling Connection and Wrestlemania which was a super huge risk, but beyond that... I mean, Hogan came to him fully formed, he just had the sense to let Hogan do his thing whereas Verne didn't.

Vince probably doesn't get Hogan if it wasn't for New York or MSG money in 84 and Hogan probably does New Japan/other territories instead

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Vince probably doesn't get Hogan if it wasn't for New York or MSG money in 84 and Hogan probably does New Japan/other territories instead

Yeah Hogan was definitely the talent factor, but Vince would never have been able to get Hogan without MSG and the prestige Vince Sr. built.

And without Hogan Vince couldn't have raided the territories which covered up his terrible booking.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Shard posted:

I'm not convinced Vince is a good booker. When he's had the most control like the early 90s new generation or the current era - WWE was not enjoyable for me.

I really got into wwf when vince russo was handling a lot of the booking but enjoyed it even more when that Chris guy did the booking in like 2000 - 2001 which is probably my favorite era.

I think he's the guy they made fun of and called a nerd for keeping a book with who was friends with who, who hated who and basically a guide to keep things making sense.

Vince takes other people’s ideas and tweaks them. That’s been his whole thing since he started WWF. He’ll bring in a regional act give them a slightly different gimmick or he’ll take a booking idea and add or change something to it.

Most of the time this approach failed miserably, esp when cable really started to eat into live events. But then sometimes it really really works well abd we’re stuck with poo poo like Hulk Hogan, The Rock and Wrestlemania.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Renaissance Spam posted:

Yeah Hogan was definitely the talent factor, but Vince would never have been able to get Hogan without MSG and the prestige Vince Sr. built.

And without Hogan Vince couldn't have raided the territories which covered up his terrible booking.

Vince raided all the big talent in the 80s then WCW did it to him in the 90s. His philosophy of "the brand is the star" makes a lot of sense in his position because if no one is a star then no one can theoretically be raided because they're worthless and there's no super strong reason to raid other promotions for talent and give those workers leverage when you can just plug in nobodies into whatever slot you need filled. Of course this only works if you don't have the need to grow or competent and instead just stay in the content business with money coming from corporations and not an actual audience.

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

Yeah the "Brand is the Star" booking makes total sense when you realize he's trying to cut potential competitors off at the knees.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I think Vince was good at killing competition but isn't a terribly good businessman himself and the WWE could be a lot more successful in better hands.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
It'd already help to just remove Vince from the equation, given his tendency to change stuff at the last second.

They should let PSP book WWE for a month. A PSP wrestling fed seems like a sane and healthy idea.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

1glitch0 posted:

Vince raided all the big talent in the 80s then WCW did it to him in the 90s. His philosophy of "the brand is the star" makes a lot of sense in his position because if no one is a star then no one can theoretically be raided because they're worthless and there's no super strong reason to raid other promotions for talent and give those workers leverage when you can just plug in nobodies into whatever slot you need filled. Of course this only works if you don't have the need to grow or competent and instead just stay in the content business with money coming from corporations and not an actual audience.

And this idea has been proven wrong severely. Just look at all the people who have left WWE in the last 5 years and look how much bigger they are in terms of star power. Jericho, Moxley, Pac, Andrade, Bryan Danielson and even people like Tay Conti. Each one have done more for the company they are in now than they did in the company they were in before.

So making everyone a loser wont stop people from making money with your wrestlers. It'll just make you make less money with them and also probably drive them away.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

I'd go so far as to say that far from being a stance that prevents competition and reduces talent raiding, "the brand is the star" has become a stance that can only succeed without competition. The moment actual competition shows up, it starts crumbling.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Combat sports is still a star driven sport despite what Vince and Dana want people to believe and even they don't really believe it given how the end up crawling back to Brock/Connor

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
e: misread a string of tweets, pity me :(

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Shard posted:

I don't remember where I read this or if it's true but apparently some time after the Attitude era the WWE hired a Hollywood consistency consultant and fired them after a month

They literally do not give a single gently caress if anything makes sense

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Elephant Ambush posted:

I don't remember where I read this or if it's true but apparently some time after the Attitude era the WWE hired a Hollywood consistency consultant and fired them after a month

They literally do not give a single gently caress if anything makes sense

Was that the same guy who came up with a binder that had all the wrestlers and their active ongoing storylines, and potential threads for new storylines, and Stephanie laughed at him and called him a mark and he eventually just quit

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Was that the same guy who came up with a binder that had all the wrestlers and their active ongoing storylines, and potential threads for new storylines, and Stephanie laughed at him and called him a mark and he eventually just quit

Yes he was the guy booking the stuff from like 2000 - 2002. The Attitude Era Podcast covers him extensively.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

That was Chris Kreski, and he's the unsung hero of that era of the WWE. He was behind basically all of their best stories at the time and the WWE is never going to acknowledge him.

Seams posted:

still no idea why Trev hates bix all of a sudden.

Because he desperately seeks to be the center of attention to foster his low sense of self-worth.

He was feuding with AJ Gray a couple of days ago and it was honestly kind of sad.