Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Ashsaber posted:

So, who are people going to be beelining when 30 comes out? I'm going to pick up the Magic Knights ASAP, for sure, personally.

Probably GunXSword, the Geass stuff, and hopefully some of the MSV stuff if they have some fun Out There big boys. Oh and totally dumping everything I can into the Phenex if it's an unlockable or secret or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Brunom1 posted:

I'd sooner expect Noir as an upgrade than playable Arc.

Is Noir entirely OG or does it have a specific license attached to it?

It is a Super Robot Wars original and I don't know what license those might show up as. Mazin Emperor G wasn't listed as a separate license in V and X.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Ashsaber posted:

So, who are people going to be beelining when 30 comes out? I'm going to pick up the Magic Knights ASAP, for sure, personally.

I'm curious if the knights & magic crew will get incremental upgrades throughout the game like in the show or if everyone will just suddenly get a new unit out of nowhere. Either way I can't wait to use everyone from Ernie's laboratory including the twins in their centaur mech.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Ashsaber posted:

I too wish to hold on to that dream. Tommorow (or, less than a month now I guess) knows where and when.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Ashsaber posted:

No replyyyyyyyy

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.

Ashsaber posted:

GAGAGA, GAGAGA, GAOGAIGAR!

(And J-Decker)

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Brunom1 posted:

GAGAGA, GAGAGA, GAOGAIGAR!

(And J-Decker)

I think you mean GAOGAIGO.

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

Ethiser posted:

I think you mean GAOGAIGO.

whynotboth.gif

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Gridman first, because it's very important to have Sho around to either call out every plot twist in advance, or to explain why he can't call every plot twist out in advance, because Real Robot shows, Super Robot shows, and Ultra series shows all have different plot dynamics and he can't be expected to watch hundreds of hours of all of them.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."
How sure are we that the level we're seeing in that TGS video is an actual level from the game and not something whipped up specifically for demo purposes? Getting Shin Getter Dragon so early seems a little unusual.

EDIT: Also, like, they apparently had the Combattler team and Gridman, but they weren't on the list of usable units, and the deploy limit was only nine, which is way too low for a mission that seems to be at least a little ways into the story. My guess is Ryoma will be in Black Getter in the final game.

EclecticTastes fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Oct 1, 2021

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

I didn't play T so I'm excited to play with Rayearth and the veteran trinity, tbh. :v:

Davzz
Jul 31, 2008

EclecticTastes posted:

How sure are we that the level we're seeing in that TGS video is an actual level from the game and not something whipped up specifically for demo purposes? Getting Shin Getter Dragon so early seems a little unusual.

EDIT: Also, like, they apparently had the Combattler team and Gridman, but they weren't on the list of usable units, and the deploy limit was only nine, which is way too low for a mission that seems to be at least a little ways into the story. My guess is Ryoma will be in Black Getter in the final game.
For X's chinese game show whatever demo thing they did replace... I think it was Masaki(?) with Dunbine as a placeholder, so I suppose you could be right.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Ashsaber posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nuvca6MPO0s

Nephrite
Aug 18, 2006
Lipstick Apathy

It is, unquestionably, Time for L-Gaim.

Although I might beeline Ernie and his cohorts because I want to get BURASUTO HAURINGUUUU as fast as possible.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!
I'll probably do the usual and get full weapons upgrade on the OG unit before looking at anything else.

Edit: I started a V draft off-site, but still need one more player. If you're interested in drafting, please respond so I can send you discord deets. I unfortunately don't have PM's.

Edit edit: at this point I'd be happy with someone who drafts but doesn't play, just to get this thing off the ground.

Dance Officer fucked around with this message at 11:22 on Oct 1, 2021

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Ashsaber posted:

I gave Hikaru all of my resources (that didn't go into Umi/Fuu/Allenby/to a lesser extent Sagiri) last game, and I will do the same this game.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

chiasaur11 posted:

Gridman first, because it's very important to have Sho around to either call out every plot twist in advance, or to explain why he can't call every plot twist out in advance, because Real Robot shows, Super Robot shows, and Ultra series shows all have different plot dynamics and he can't be expected to watch hundreds of hours of all of them.

He absolutely can be expected to, I'm pretty sure quite a few if not most people here are proof of that!

EclecticTastes posted:

Hard to say. It did look weird to me too. He may just have Black Getter or even the original Getter Robo in the proper game, since the lonely Ryoma lines would still work there.

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

You touch my burger, and I'll slap you so hard you won't even be able to understand how you fucked up.

Blaze Dragon posted:

Hard to say. It did look weird to me too. He may just have Black Getter or even the original Getter Robo in the proper game, since the lonely Ryoma lines would still work there.

If he's using Black Getter, wouldn't they just...use Black Getter? Unless it got a new model and animations...or it's the Daikessen Black Getter.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Ashsaber posted:

I don't know how these games work are they not linear?

If not basically the Gundams and ignore the rest lol

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

RBA Starblade posted:

I don't know how these games work are they not linear?

30 in particular is going to be semi-nonlinear, presumably with chapter selects.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Oh neat

Also since it came up, if Bangers is in but Unicorn is not I wonder if he'll just be in the Silver Bullet from Narrative

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

RBA Starblade posted:

Oh neat

Also since it came up, if Bangers is in but Unicorn is not I wonder if he'll just be in the Silver Bullet from Narrative

Yes they showed it in PV2

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Yeah, traditional Super Robot Wars is completely linear with some branching paths that re-merge after a few chapter scattered throughout the game.

30 is going for something pretty different and is going to give you a bunch of chapters to tackle in any order you choose so you can, for instance, beeline for your favorites instead of having them show up in chapter 20/50.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Do you usually get multiples of grunt suits? I want to go as far as I can with basic shitties I think lol

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

You touch my burger, and I'll slap you so hard you won't even be able to understand how you fucked up.

RBA Starblade posted:

Do you usually get multiples of grunt suits? I want to go as far as I can with basic shitties I think lol

A couple of them, maybe? Like, T gives two Jegans for example.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

RBA Starblade posted:

In modern games no, you get like 1 or 2 of any given grunt suit and usually not enough of them to field all your pilots. And pilot swapping is heavily limited and in this game is probably just going to allow you to shuffle the UC Gundam pilots around to other UC Gundam suits. Most other series are going to lock the pilot and mechs together.

I think the only times they ever really let you swap pilots to units from another series have been making Turn-A and G-Reco suits open to Universal Century pilots and vice versa when they show up. Even other Gundam series are usually pilot/suit locked (AGE, G etc) or can only swap between suits from their own series (SEED, Wing etc).

Zore fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Oct 1, 2021

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Guess ol Gun-EZ's gonna solo a map

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

Inferno-sama posted:

If he's using Black Getter, wouldn't they just...use Black Getter? Unless it got a new model and animations...or it's the Daikessen Black Getter.

The preview stream was partly to build up hype for the game, and who doesn't love Shin Getter Dragon? But yeah, it could also be because they're planning to surprise us with a different Black Getter variant, or possibly some other out-of-nowhere Getter for Ryoma to pilot solo.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

EclecticTastes posted:

The preview stream was partly to build up hype for the game, and who doesn't love Shin Getter Dragon? But yeah, it could also be because they're planning to surprise us with a different Black Getter variant, or possibly some other out-of-nowhere Getter for Ryoma to pilot solo.

Would be neat to see the Daikessen version of Black Getter since it's both the first Black Getter and distinct looking from the other versions

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

EclecticTastes posted:

Probably not the same people who love the Ichinana, which they dunked Kouji into.

Which is fair, because who loves the Ichinana?

Probably some weird people

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I like the Ichinana. Mass produced super robots are my jam.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
My main issue with it is that it's very clearly modeled after Mazinger in appearance but doesn't have enough Mazinger type abilities for that to really make much sense

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Ashsaber posted:

Gridman (so I can Ultraman beam stuff), Magic Knight Rayearth and which ever unit I put Amuro in. If the RX-78 is viable till end game I'll FUB it. OG unit will of course be a priority and I'm hoping the OG mothership pulls a Battle 7/Frontier and transforms.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

Supremezero posted:

Probably not the same people who love the Ichinana, which they dunked Kouji into.

Which is fair, because who loves the Ichinana?

Probably some weird people

It's possible they wanted to show off that the Ichinana now has Mazinger Blade and Breast Fire on top of its other attacks.

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

EclecticTastes posted:

It's possible they wanted to show off that the Ichinana now has Mazinger Blade and Breast Fire on top of its other attacks.

That and maybe they wanted to adapt the "Mazinger Z was retired" bit from Infinity this time, so Kouji has to pilot an Ichinana, like he did briefly in the movie.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

It is me. I like the goofy GMazinger

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...

drrockso20 posted:

Would be neat to see the Daikessen version of Black Getter since it's both the first Black Getter and distinct looking from the other versions

Didn't Armageddon finish before Daikessen was released?

It's definitely unique and I like the idea behind it, but don't like the end result. Then again, I mainly just like the looks of the orginal Getter Robo, Armageddon Black Getter, animated Shin, and to a lesser degree, manga Shin.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

im the weirdo whose favorite getter design is neo

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Finally powered through the final few missions in X.

I am not ashamed to admit I was fanboying like I had never fanboyed before during this portion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Endorph posted:

im the weirdo whose favorite getter design is neo

Same, actually. I like how it looks and I also love how it's built as a hobo stand-in Getter because they're absolutely terrified of Getter Rays after Musashi blew up that city.