Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Teva posted:

And the Jaguars have traded Henderson. I didn't like the pick when they made it, mainly because they haven't gotten anyone good out of UF in ages, despite picking several players from there in the first round over the last decade. Somehow, i'm still disappointed though. Every day with the Jaguars is more depressing than the last. We got a Dan Arnold, whatever that is, so there's that I guess.

Guess just add to the list of top 10 draft picks over the last 15 year that we whiffed on. Don't even go look at who they selected in the top 5. Honest to god, a team that picks as consistently high as JAX does every year should get better almost by loving accident.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Metapod posted:

Obviously knew he's been playing well but fulton doing real real well

https://twitter.com/TitansDraftTape/status/1442541769334288386?s=19

Yeah he looks like a stud so far. Hope he can stay healthy!

Jenkins acquitted himself pretty well both week 2 and 3 which is nice, I figured his week one performance would be the norm unfortunately. I’ve always liked his game and was worried he would be terrible.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

fast cars loose anus posted:

I feel bad for him but yes, presuming we one day get an actually good team I would hope we also have a different coach at that time

That's the thing. You guys HAD a really good team for a good while. Then you traded Andre Hopkins for a washed up running back and Watson did..well. For a good 4 years or so, HOU was a really fun team to watch. You had one of the most dominant defensive players I've seen in a long time. I don't know how you guys hosed all that up but as a Jags fan, cry me a river.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Culley is still 1000% better than O'Brien lol, at least the team looks ready to play these days even if they are bad.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

BiggerBoat posted:

That's the thing. You guys HAD a really good team for a good while. Then you traded Andre Hopkins for a washed up running back and Watson did..well. For a good 4 years or so, HOU was a really fun team to watch. You had one of the most dominant defensive players I've seen in a long time. I don't know how you guys hosed all that up but as a Jags fan, cry me a river.

I never denied any of that and have been vocal about how much of a fuckup all of those things you mentioned are so I dunno why it provoked this reaction

If you magically granted me that team again and a non-rapey Watson I still would want someone other than David Culley coaching it based off his decision making so far

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

fast cars loose anus posted:

I feel bad for him but yes, presuming we one day get an actually good team I would hope we also have a different coach at that time

I don't feel that bad for him, this is probably the only situation that could ever arise that would result in him being a head football coach and now he gets to say he was one

Eventually people will forget it was because he and Jack Easterby had bible study together

BiggerBoat posted:

The Jags have been to three AFCCGs

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
We all like to wallow in our misery, but the AFC South isn't historically that bad, folks.

Sucks this year, though.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
Sucks enough for the titans to cruise to the playoffs baby let's go Titan up

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
julio and AJ might be a no go for the Jets, why do I have an awful feeling its a trap game

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Demon Of The Fall posted:

julio and AJ might be a no go for the Jets, why do I have an awful feeling its a trap game

Because you haven’t watched the jets play this year. We good

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Please don't seriously post about this being a trap game lol

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

I refuse to believe the Titans will play two poo poo games in a row, and they'd have to play even shittier against the Jets than they did the Colts to lose.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I can see the Dolphins and Pats and even the Jags and Texans being trap games, but even without Julio and AJ I can't see the Tits losing to the Jets. They aren't just regular bad, they're loving terrible.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Also the titans drove down the colts throats without either of them lol

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Huh, I thought this thread would have more action since last night was a good game and the best the Jaguars have looked in some time. Of course, they still found a way to lose but you can see them (and Lawrence) getting better and they do seem to be improving every week. Trevor avoided mistakes last night, used his legs well and threw some really nice passes. Not a lot of sloppy play. Burrow looked good also.

Nice match up of two young QB's and two teams struggling to improve.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Yeah, my conclusions about the Jaguars from the start is Trevor is good, Urban is bad, and nothing has really dissuaded me from that yet.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Intruder posted:

The Jags have been to three AFCCGs
Yes, every time we manage to get to the playoffs we somehow get to the AFCCG and lose in a heartbreaking fashion

Also we only do that every 10 years. 2027 is gonna be lit though

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
Lets talk about the real issue. DJ Chark got hurt, so now BMP won't make that baby shark joke every once in a while.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

The only team to be in the Super Bowl from the AFC South more than once (if you count from being in their present city) is Indianapolis anyway.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Don't like not having kern for the game

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
It just means we have to go for it every fourth down!

...without AJ or Julio.

I really hope we don't lose to the loving Jets.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Henry is going to run through the Jets for four quarters

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe
I hope everyone is ready for Eason SZN, because the Colts are gonna be 0-4 after this week. Like, half the starters are ruled out already.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

EvilBeard posted:

I hope everyone is ready for Eason SZN, because the Colts are gonna be 0-4 after this week. Like, half the starters are ruled out already.

Yep

https://twitter.com/Colts/status/1444011031634788354?s=20

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The injuries with the tough first games really should just have the Colts tank this year. Get a top 10 pick, try again next season.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Codependent Poster posted:

The injuries with the tough first games really should just have the Colts tank this year. Get a top 10 pick, try again next season.

I’m sure the eagles will appreciate it

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Elephanthead posted:

Lol the Eagles need to get ready for those second rounders

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Elephanthead posted:

I mean, in this instance you also put Wentz on IR or bench him so they don't get the first.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
Eason SZN

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

ggs, next season please

https://twitter.com/Colts/status/1444348641930588161

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
They should really just put Wentz, Leonard, Nelson, and Smith on the IR, wait about 4 weeks, and then bring them back. I think that'd be sufficient to get them mostly healthy plus Wentz would miss enough snaps to not gently caress up the draft picks. Then they can figure out who deserves to be on the team next year.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

EvilBeard posted:

They should really just put Wentz, Leonard, Nelson, and Smith on the IR, wait about 4 weeks, and then bring them back. I think that'd be sufficient to get them mostly healthy plus Wentz would miss enough snaps to not gently caress up the draft picks. Then they can figure out who deserves to be on the team next year.

Spoiler, only Nelson.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Come on, Leonard and Smith are good players too. Leonard keeps trying to play hurt and really should just heal up.

Wentz has looked okay this year but it's hard to say if he's worth keeping because of all the injuries to the line. You probably bring him back next year even if you draft a QB high. Unless there's a chance to get Rodgers or Wilson or something.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Please God Give Me The Brett Hundley Game

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

Elephanthead posted:

Spoiler, only Nelson.

Yeah, Leonard is just gutting it out and you can tell he can't run on that ankle. He needs to get healthy.

Also: what a terrible year for the Colts to do Hard Knocks. This is gonna stink.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Brett Hundley is still in the NFL?

Man, I remember thinking he was going to be a star. Just one of my many terrible, awful pre-draft takes on a player

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Codependent Poster posted:

Come on, Leonard and Smith are good players too. Leonard keeps trying to play hurt and really should just heal up.

Wentz has looked okay this year but it's hard to say if he's worth keeping because of all the injuries to the line. You probably bring him back next year even if you draft a QB high. Unless there's a chance to get Rodgers or Wilson or something.

This team will get healthy and still lose to the jags.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

come on now even the texans beat the jags

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
The Texans didn't even look that bad until Tyrod died imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

So a game against the Jags and a half against the Browns?