Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Should post here to that right now we are going to do Joe vs Punk II tonight! http://psp-tv.com/r/badmoviesworsewrestling

Kind of an important match.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Unfortunately what I think might have been the go home show was preempted by a random poker match on my DVR.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

gently caress it, honor club is $10, I'll check this out.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
I'm ready to watch ROH's Sleep Disorder ppv. So ready that I didn't even know it was happening and it's almost 15 minutes into the show

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

The Rok-C - Miranda Alize match was probably my choice for best of the night. It was really good

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Yeah, that was pretty good. Whole event was pretty good, IMO. Nothing sucked. Nothing was "great." It was not a waste of time or a waste of $10.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
On his most recent episode of Last Stop Penn Station, Cary told the story of Flair in ROH back in 2009. Most of it is already known but the basics:

Cary was paying him 10,000 per signing. HDNet was chipping in for Flair to appear on the TV show. After the first TV taping WWE told Flair if he appeared on another they'd never work with him again, so Flair pulled out of the tapings. Flair did one more signing with no real issues, but at a NYC show where he was supposed to be guest enforcer he flipped out about the cameras for the DVD shoot, said he would only do a promo putting over the company, and then left never to do another signing. Cary had paid him up front for 7 signings, leaving him out $40,000.

They then brought in Bret Hart as a make good for Flair, and Hart was great and as he talked to Cary only seemed to hate two people: Ric Flair and Shawn Michaels. Ian unfortunately distracts Cary before he can tell more about the road trip from Boston to NYC with Bret in the passenger seat and the Young Bucks in the back.

He was put in touch with a lawyer in NC who told Cary not to bother, Flair was so in debt that he'd never pay and Cary would be out more in legal fees than he'd ever hope to recoup, which was nothing.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
drat I enjoyed the heck out of that Rok-C/Miranda match. Rok-C has looked great the whole tournament, she has so much fire and crispness to her offense. Miranda was up and down but she definitely was really good tonight. I really hope ROH sticks with the new crop and doesn't spend much of their very limited time on Maria or Angelina Love.

There is something kind of sad about ROH PPVs but I am not totally able to put my finger on what it is, because I enjoyed the whole show.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Crowds just aren't there or invested in the product after years of them not having any big home grown stars that were sticking around

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
ROH is in the same place where Impact Wrestling was about four years ago, where they had talent but no momentum. It takes time.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Best in the World was such a good show that I decided to keep checking out their big shows for a whole. Finally getting around to Glory By Honor '21 Night & boy this is a big disappointment for a followup. Nothing in the 4 matches I've watched so far has been above "eh, fine I suppose. Bit mediocre". Cagematch said the EC3 match was 12 minutes long but those were a long 12 minutes.

And somehow Night 2 has a Vincent singles match. Sigh

At least Gresham is still good. And the LFI VLNCE UNLTD Street Fight was an entertaining clusterfuck

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Sep 16, 2021

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Rush's deal is up in January https://twitter.com/SI_wrestling/status/1442908944997834752?s=20

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Congrats To Have Surgery On His Knee! That's a mouthful for a name, but if ROH ordained him, I'm sure he's great

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Rumor is Andrade has been talkin to his ROH boys and wants a full crew in AEW, and they're all up in January

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Rush is cool but I don't even know what would be left for him. It feels like the heavyweight title is almost vestigial to what they're doing lately. With Gresham eyeing the title I half wonder if they're are thinking about going with people who they can get on their TV more often.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Is Fite the best/easiest way to watch the weekly ROH show, and is it up to date? I've seen ROH on TV before on random channels at random times, but I'm never sure if what I'm watching is up to date. I think I'm willing to give ROH another shot and if there's an easy barrier to entry like "streams live on Fite every Monday", then I think I'm in.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Ganso Bomb posted:

Is Fite the best/easiest way to watch the weekly ROH show, and is it up to date? I've seen ROH on TV before on random channels at random times, but I'm never sure if what I'm watching is up to date. I think I'm willing to give ROH another shot and if there's an easy barrier to entry like "streams live on Fite every Monday", then I think I'm in.

It's Honor Club if you are a region where it's available but otherwise then yeah FiteTV.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Looks like ROH is the latest to open the Forbidden Door. The Briscoes showed up in GCW tonight plus Dragon Lee and Dralistico (Mistico Pirata) made it seem like they are Andrade's masked team during tonight's AAA show.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Does ROH do TV tapings? Any time I've tried to watch it just seems like random clips from PPVs. The TV format seems pretty awful and unwatchable but I did enjoy the last PPV.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, they do a weekly hour long show that is new matches and generally some backstage interviews.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
It'll either be on your local Sinclair network or on Ballys if Sinclair owns your local sports regional. They do have PPV clips maybe once ever 3-4 months or so but it's getting even more rare now that they also have a woman's division that needs time.

I dunno it's completely wrestling-focused most of the time, that is either your cup of tea or it isn't.

smikey
May 22, 2004
It's not a hootenanny, it's an extravsganza!
The most recent ROH tv episode is on the official website for free every monday.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

MassRafTer posted:

Looks like ROH is the latest to open the Forbidden Door. The Briscoes showed up in GCW tonight plus Dragon Lee and Dralistico (Mistico Pirata) made it seem like they are Andrade's masked team during tonight's AAA show.

AHHHHH, Dragon Lee in AEW? Wrestling Fenix? AHHHHH! (Lee is one of my absolute faves and it makes me sad he's been in ROH all this last year and hosed up being in BOSJ for himself)

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Gaz-L posted:

AHHHHH, Dragon Lee in AEW? Wrestling Fenix? AHHHHH! (Lee is one of my absolute faves and it makes me sad he's been in ROH all this last year and hosed up being in BOSJ for himself)

He didn't gently caress up being in BOSJ, a global pandemic happened which means quarantine periods for people going into Japan. New Japan will use Dragon Lee the second they can

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

didnt he go to japan and break quarantine and get kicked out

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Super No Vacancy posted:

didnt he go to japan and break quarantine and get kicked out

Man, these past 18 months have been so long, I'd completely forgotten that happened.

OK, yeah, that was dopey.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Probably not a big surprise given I had to dig back 3 pages to find this thread, but still

https://twitter.com/ringofhonor/status/1453442439696601090?t=fTtGnA0VPnOC3b0wY9ldPA&s=19

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

That's buzz alright

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

ROH were doing stuff I was interested in for the first time since Adam Pearce was booker, of course they shut down.

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1453448050467213321?s=20

Yikes

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Oct 27, 2021

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Hopefully the library doesn't end up in Vince's hands.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Thats a shocker

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Benne posted:

Probably not a big surprise given I had to dig back 3 pages to find this thread, but still

https://twitter.com/ringofhonor/status/1453442439696601090?t=fTtGnA0VPnOC3b0wY9ldPA&s=19

The Final Final Battle.

I've always thought ROH was a bad fit for Sinclair. Will be interesting to see how the contracts work out.

Time to sell the tape library to Tony, IMO. With his AEW library deal with TimeWarner this could be a very good thing for everyone.

edit: Okay wow that's how the contracts worked out. poo poo.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1453449076696096773

i'm not that surprised, sinclair lost so much money buying those former fox sports channels

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1453449076696096773?s=20

So they've not gone back on the "until Final Battle" thing

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Buzz Buzz Buzz!

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Give me Willow Nightingale on an AEW contract, Tony!

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

RIP SLEX "The Business"

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Davros1 posted:

Buzz Buzz Buzz!
Tune in to find out if Final Battle will be indeed their final battle!

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Rip ROH, you loving ruled at times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

@Therock hey man check it... You ever kill a man or no? Hit me up. ;)
RIP ROH i was at a show once where a fan yanked the book of truth away from truth martini and made security chase him around the building