Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the Ace of Choco Pro?
Akki
Mei-chan
Sakura-san
Anton
Chris Brookes until literally anyone on this show beats him
Yunamon
View Results

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
LOVE the new look for Trans-Am

although :catstare: at his trunks

fez_machine fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Sep 25, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Honda fully prepared to forfeit for beer

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Drunk Honda is unsurprisingly very effective

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Akki is in the G*Climax representing ChocoPro!

*GanbarePro

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

https://twitter.com/EmiSakura_gtmv/status/1441618936018214914?s=19

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

lol Chris looked so hangdog when Chie disarmed him

https://twitter.com/tde_gif/status/1441626835251445772

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/tde_gif/status/1441620167163850753?s=21

The smile on Lulus face lmao

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
https://twitter.com/Mei_gtmv/status/1441787646485753863

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Watch DDT, support Chris!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjE20NApyZc

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

CHOCOPRO #160: BANGERS AND GOOD MATCH
WATCH LIVE ON YOUTUBE HERE
Time: 10am (JST) / 2am (BST) / 6pm (PDT) / 9pm (EDT)

Below is Super Fan Dogglesnake's match guide for tonight from Reddit. Found HERE

quote:

EGG TART rematch!

Best Bros (Mei Suruga & Baliyan Akki) VS Egg Tart (Chie Koishikawa & Hagane Shinno)

The Best Bros (Mei Suruga & Baliyan Akki) have been the Asia Dream Tag Champions for nearly 100 Episodes! While the belt days seem to never end, there are still viable usurpers to the Bros in ChocoPro's deep roster. That won't shake their confidence, though! Mei believes herself to be the cutest and cockiest wrestler in the world, with good reason: Mei is a real wrestling prodigy. Now the head trainer of Gatoh Move due to Emi Sakura returning to AEW, the Apple Goblin (a canonical epithet thanks to Sayuri!) has a level of expertise at pro-wrestling far beyond what her experience should yield. Her command of technical pins and submissions makes her a constant threat! But she is just one half of the Asia Dream Tag Champs. The other half, Baliyan Akki, is the Ace of the Promotion! Considered a near perfect all-arounder (flaws are what make a wrestler unique, just ask Suzuki!), Akki has an arsenal of flashy combo strikes and an array of abilities that will get you wondering just how far he will go. Just wait until you see him perform some of his off-the-wall techniques! The Zephyr cannot be contained, he will rise over the mountains of the wrestling landscape! Good luck in the Ganbare Climax, Akki! Make us proud!

EGG TART (Chie Koishikawa & Hagane Shinno) return to face the Champs! The fan favorite polar opposite team has a bizarre but perfect chemistry that can't be put into words. Chie Koishikawa brings a cheerful flair and an unpredictable amount of fury. She is called Too Much Energy for a reason! This Frantic Fencer's backhand fencing chops have brought low monsters and demons alike! Hagane Shinno brings a cold, calculated destruction that will remind you of the ravages of winter. Silent, beautiful, uncaring. Simply a force of nature! (He's canonically beautiful by the way, Emi introduced him once as such) His relentless ferocity has yet to find an equal in Ichigaya. (Though Sayaka might be in the early phases of this) They are one of the most popular teams that ChocoPro fields! Together, EGG TART just...works. The opposing energies balance one another out to a degree that has shown a bit of each's personality beginning to change the other! What does the future hold for this pairing? They were named after an incident where a drunken Chie stole a certain pastry from Hagane, by the way.

Big Returns: Irie & Yoneyama!

Yuna Mizumori & Ayano Irie VS Tokiko Kirihara & Kaori Yoneyama

Two returns in one match! Yuna Mizumori is the Tropical Fairy, Yunamon, a vibrant character with intense power and shocking nimbleness. This Sing Song Lariat Machine has been adding more and more of the technique to her toolkit...watch out for that descending variant! Yunamon is a charisma volcano, it is quite hard not to be swept up in her passion for pro-wrestling! This Power Fighter puts on some of the best matches in ChocoPro! (There is a reason she is considered one of the Big Three.) The Tropical Idol will be teaming with the Snow Princess from Hokkaido, Ayano Irie! Ayano is a representative of the Actwres Girl'Z Colors promotion. Her limb targeting might be some of the funnest you will ever see, with her Dropkick in Your Ear being quite literal! This regal dropkick enthusiast is a Voice Actress, lover of Pandas, and overall wonderful addition to the show! (Her gear is some of my favorite in the entire AWG promotion, so buckle up!) If you're interested in checking out AWG further (it is worth it!), they have a streaming service for their catalogue and also air new shows on Nico Pro!

COMANECI! Tokiko Otoki Kirihara is the Super Rookie of the Fourth Generation. This Golden Six-Pack bearer is probably the most realistic fighter ChocoPro has to offer. She is a kickboxing & judo throwing absolute beast that brutalizes her foes...even those far above her in status! One of the great things about Otoki is that she seems like a legitimate threat to everyone she fights. She even gave the Cold Killer a run for his money! She'll be pairing up with the consistently busy Kaori Yoneyama! Between appearing as a surly clown for STARDOM (at least according to AZM), running her own Promotion (YMZ), and kicking rear end at Oz Academy, PURE-J, and more! (all promotions you should check out!), she has a lot on her plate! There is a sort of madness to Yoneyama's style of wrestling when it comes to ChocoPro. For instance, the audience sometimes finds themselves used as a weapon (with Kaori grabbing the camera for some PoV beatings)! Yoneyama is a intensely gifted wrestler...and an even greater bamboozler! Don't forget, she is one half of the former Asia Dream Tag Champs! (We miss you, Emi Sakura) Did you know she fought Kenny Omega in Gatoh Move?

Watch live on Youtube for free HERE

If I didn't have other commitments (it's joke week), this is one I'd be watching live. Very strong line up.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
ChocoPro represent:
https://twitter.com/ddtpro_eng/status/1441965037380198402

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
https://twitter.com/EmiSakura_gtmv/status/1441986626306154496

Hokkaido Anxiety
May 21, 2007

slub club 2013
New ish viewer question. What are the blue patches like Otoki has on her elbow in the latest chocopro?

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

the blue patch is just a sponsor.

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

Yeah its a sponsor patch. One of gatoh moves former wrestlers was personally sponsored, and wore that patch on her gear. Then when she retired the sponsorship moved to all of the 4th generation (Chie, lulu, otoki, sayuri, sayaka and RinRin before she left) so they all have the patch now.

Not sure if its for a business or just some rich fan though.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Lulu's latest blog is up: https://lulupencil.hatenablog.com/entry/2021/09/28/121247

Here's a deepl translation:

quote:

Minoru Suzuki's move to the United States was a phenomenon.

One of the things I want to convey in this blog is the realization that pro wrestling does not necessarily transcend language. Although I can see from the many responses in Japanese that Japanese wrestling is in demand around the world and that is why Emi Sakura was invited to AEW, this is not necessarily true, and that is why I find Sakura's challenge thrilling. Japanese wrestling is great, and if I were to work only to prove that premise, I'm sure I'd miss something important. That is not my intention. Finding a new way to do things here and becoming something again is what Emi Sakura is aiming for. That it must be a wall and an adventure that every Japanese wrestler faces, without exception.

However, she soon encountered an exception to this rule. It was Minoru Suzuki.

Right after his fight with Satoshi Kojima in Chicago, Suzuki appeared in front of John Moxley with his iconic entrance song, "Be the Wind," and the fight took place in Moxley's hometown of Cincinnati. And then something happened in Cincinnati.

"It was the "Suzuki Incident.

In Cincinnati, the chorus of "Kaze ni Narenare," the song that almost all spectators are eager to hear during Minoru Suzuki's entrance, was not played, causing an explosion of frustration not only among the spectators in the venue, but also among those watching on TV and streaming on the Internet. The voices flowing through the timeline like a muddy stream became a trend on Twitter, and the phenomenon was recognized as "#SuzukiIncident. Within about two weeks of his arrival, Minoru Suzuki had become an incident in the eyes of the American public, perhaps even those who don't normally watch wrestling.

Due to Minoru Suzuki's participation in the first Choco Pro tournament, and the fact that my fellow wrestler Sayaka, a member of Gatto Kummai, works at his apparel store, Piledriver, Sakura and I took the opportunity to talk to him when he showed up at AEW. We were able to talk to him. Or rather, since we were at the same venue, we took the liberty of going to talk to him.

From Sayaka, we often heard about Suzuki's daily life. Sayaka told me, as a writer, in advance how he would respond to an interview. She told me that Minoru Suzuki has the kindness of a boss, but is very strict with the mass media who come empty-handed. "How do you think your fans feel about you?" Sayaka said, as he grumbled at the question, "What do you think the fans think?

"Shut up." "I don't know what the audience thinks or what the fans think.

That's what Minoru Suzuki said to me when I asked him about the differences between Japanese and American fans. His tone was quietly irritated, and I felt a chill run down my back.

"Wherever I go, I'll always do the same thing," Suzuki assured me. "Strong or weak, that's all. At the same time, he brushed off Sakura's worries, saying, "I don't try to fit in with the customers. "Showing the audience what they want to see would be boring. It's interesting because things happen that you never imagined.

As for his participation in this year's AEW, he replied. "I'm just here because I'm invited," he said, "and I'll just hit my opponent as usual.

Looking back on it now, he was absolutely right.

Whether it was the match with Moxley or the tag team match with Lance Archer in New York, it was the same old Minoru Suzuki. He would take an elbow, stick out his tongue, and elbow his opponent back in the neck with all his might.

I now understand how he was able to create such a phenomenon this time.

To begin with, Suzuki's trip to the U.S. was quite irregular, considering that he was a world-class wrestler with a career spanning more than 30 years. If a wrestler belongs to an organization and is invited through the organization, he probably doesn't have to worry about dealing with all the details outside of his matches and traveling.

Minoru Suzuki, however, will be traveling around the United States by himself for two months. He travels the length and breadth of the country, regardless of whether he is in the West or the East, in order to appear before the organizations that want him to appear.

His decision is light-hearted, but not all wrestlers can make the same choice. Of course, Minoru Suzuki's popularity is important, as he is the kind of wrestler that every organization in the U.S. wants to see, but if you think about the reality of traveling to the U.S. by yourself and spending two months traveling all over the country by yourself, and whether or not you can do it, you can see that it is not something that everyone can do. If you think about it, you will realize that it is not something that anyone can do. All of these events were brought about by Minoru Suzuki alone.

On the day of the New York convention, I think I was talking with Minoru Suzuki for a long time on the cafeteria terrace. While we were talking, a number of AEW players came to shake his hand. Minoru Suzuki, who was sometimes friendly and sometimes threatening, taught me a lot about wrestling in between our talks.

"There's no need to change the way you do things in different countries. There's no one who does more sparring than me. When I was training at Gotch-san's place, there was a pillar along the street in the middle of nowhere, and every time I passed by the pillar, he told me to do push-ups. I tried to skip it, thinking that Gotch-san wouldn't be watching anyway. He's watching from far away. So I couldn't skip work." "There have been many people who wanted to be my apprentice. I've had a number of people want to join me as an apprentice, so I tell them to stay here and play bridge for 30 minutes, but no one ever does. But if you don't do that, you won't get stronger. Lately, the only guy who kept doing what I told him to do was El Desperado.

SuzukiIncident or not, it doesn't matter to him. What happens around him is only secondary, and at the center of it all is the reason for his unclouded belief in his own strength.

Does professional wrestling cross borders and languages? For me, I cannot say yes. How nice it would be if it were that simple, but it is not true, not at all. I am sure that many wrestlers are greatly troubled by this barrier.

However, this is not the case with Minoru Suzuki. Can Minoru Suzuki cross countries, cross languages, and still be Minoru Suzuki? Definitely, "yes. The factor that has made this possible is not necessarily pro wrestling. This phenomenon can be achieved because Minoru Suzuki is Minoru Suzuki.

However, I was fortunate to be able to see what such a person is like right after I came to the United States. The world is big. It was Minoru Suzuki, whom I met in the U.S., who taught me the vastness of the world.

Translated with https://www.deepl.com/Translator (free version)

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
:sickos:
https://twitter.com/EmiSakura_gtmv/status/1442964457328570368

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

YES

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
eddie kingston vs ryo mizunami

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

if we can't bring orange cassidy to chocopro then by god we are bringing chocopro to orange cassidy

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Apple....Pencil!?

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Fresh ChocoTalk USA:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGDYcjCIN5g

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
I ordinarily wouldn't post content from other Joshi promotions in here but Ryo was in a tag team match in Sendai girls and there's something about her tag-team partner Manami that should appeal to Chocomints (she's very loud!):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkPbO5FBs18

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Theyve come so far

https://twitter.com/emisakura_gtmv/status/1443795204767723528?s=21

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

"there is no upper limit to desire" is a real "you cannot kill me in any way that matters" of a statement.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
https://twitter.com/EmiSakura_gtmv/status/1443786258392702976

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Tonight's Show has started:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bphk7EQYgP8

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
Masa produced a live, in-ring show and it was streamed ChocoPro style with Chrissy B on commentary for most of it, and CDK match:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8LdwiBT-9E

It was this morning, USA time.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

PotatoJudge posted:

Masa produced a live, in-ring show and it was streamed ChocoPro style with Chrissy B on commentary for most of it, and CDK match:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8LdwiBT-9E

It was this morning, USA time.

Game day thread was here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3980820

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Doh, sorry!

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Chris is really good on commentary.

Giant Mei calling out Hoshitango mid-match

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

PotatoJudge posted:

Doh, sorry!

All good. It wasn't like I posted about it in this thread, where the most likely people would be looking for it.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Lol, random citizen in the alley

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Haha that man in the alley just FLEEING from Chie in the window

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
lol i really liked that chris brookes promo

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
This match has been a great showcase for Sayaka.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
TRAFFIC CONE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
They're going all the way to Rampage!