Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

Zil posted:

Your what?

https://informeddelivery.usps.com/box/pages/intro/start.action

Sign up and they send you a daily preview of what mail you're getting. It's not always 100% accurate and they don't always have photos, but I like to have it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Droogie posted:

Sign up and they send you a daily preview of what mail you're getting. It's not always 100% accurate and they don't always have photos, but I like to have it.

Holy crap that is cool. Thanks for the heads up.

Back to on topic, getting some more gummies today so hopefully will have a very chill evening.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I had a very chill evening. I did a bit of tweaking, and got the iceless ice bong down to this

With tomorrow's upgrades, I should be hitting sub zero temperatures :)

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Oct 2, 2021

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

fuctifino posted:

I had a very chill evening. I did a bit of tweaking, and got the iceless ice bong down to this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMTtEtzZIQc

This but with weed smoke.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

fuctifino posted:

the frankenbongs and chemistry shenanigans weed folk get up to is always impressive :allears:

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

Droogie posted:

Yeah I’ve had this for a couple years now, combined with their texts for incoming packages, is great.

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

I made this awhile ago.

Ultrasonic humidifier bong. Weed Vapor passed through a couple downstems connected by a perforated tube. Vape would pickup just a bit of nice cool ultrasonic water vapor. Was good for dry mouth and nice flavor.

And then I knocked it over one time and shattered it. Was fun while it lasted though.

https://i.imgur.com/MRWf5mZ.mp4

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

That's a really great idea. I never thought of being able to add moisture that way.

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

RIP in peace.

My medical card was everything I wanted and more. Everyone in the industry was so nice and dispensaries just kept giving me free weed in addition to the like, 8 grams of flower and the concentrate vape I bought.

I was given so many prerolls and a chillum today.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Bong upgrade underway:

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
You're a weed MacGyver hero, fuctifino.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

fuctifino posted:

Bong upgrade underway:

jfc ahahahaaha godspeed you supergoon!!

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I accidentally blew up the fans, so I've had to order a couple of replacements which should get here Monday, but yeah... apart from that, everything works :)

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Lol amazing

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Chillums rule once you get a handle on them

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

fuctifino posted:

I accidentally blew up the fans, so I've had to order a couple of replacements which should get here Monday, but yeah... apart from that, everything works :)

This is incredible and in the spirit of the best stoners and best goons

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

fuctifino posted:

Simply incredible

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

fuctifino posted:

New thread title: The Weed Thread: Vaped So Hard The Rig's Fans Blew Out

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Poking around headshop, looking for copper tubing and giant science fiction X blocks

Agrinja
Nov 30, 2013

Praise the Sun!

Total Clam

PokeJoe posted:

Does anyone else like hot water? I don't keep my bubbler warm all the time or anything but when I fill it up to start i use as hot as my tap gets. I feel like it helps to add some humidity to dry vape air and smooths it out.

This is from a while ago, but it's me, I am the hot water bong user. I feel that bitch up with water almost hot enough to make tea with. Such humid moist hits.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Thank you for all the lovely comments re: my improvised bit of science.

It's a little frustrating being sat in front of this beast and not being able to switch it on. Without the fans, the peltier modules ​hit thermal cascade within a few minutes, and there's not enough time to get into sub zero temps. As the distillation tube is filled with vodka, I can't risk the heat dissipating back into that...

Just for the record, I have no idea what I'm doing. I didn't even know peltier modules were a thing until a few days ago. I've never owned a cooler heatsink before, having never built or owned a gaming PC... and I know gently caress all about chemistry equipment, and my knowledge of electronics is rudimentary to say the least. I don't even know if I was using the term 'thermal cascade' correctly just then. I read about it in a paper I didn't understand, and it just sounded cool... and could be why my rig suddenly gets very hot.

Anyway.... I just knew there had to be a way to get an electronically cooled bong. I knew there were electronic gadgets that made things cold, as I store my milk in a box that utilises such a thing, and I while my invention looks really complicated, it really isn't. It's basically a long thing glass pathway for the vapour that you can insert into a vape rig, surrounded with very cold liquid that's pumped around a closed loop constantly being fed into the gadget that gets cold. As the thing that gets cold also gets hot, you need to get that heat away - hence the ridiculous heatsinks. The bigger the heatsinks, the cooler the unit can get.

It does look very pretty, and ridiculously over the top. I guess on Monday I'll get to see how low this can go, and whether or not it's actually good for vaping... as I genuinely don't know if sub zero is good.

:420:

jimmychoo
Sep 30, 2008

i have no words except "haha, cool"

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

fuctifino posted:

I guess on Monday I'll get to see how low this can go, and whether or not it's actually good for vaping... as I genuinely don't know if sub zero is good.

:420:

Picturing you having to hit through a scarf or something is making me giggle.

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

The Modern Leper posted:

Picturing you having to hit through a scarf or something is making me giggle.

Don't giggle. This poor, brave goon is frozen solid now and in need of help.

jimmychoo
Sep 30, 2008

last weekend i smelled the dankest most heavenly weed coming from one of my neighbors' balconies and i really almost stopped to ask them about it (couldn't see the person tho so i wouldve just been yelling into the void)

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Droogie posted:

Don't giggle. This poor, brave goon is frozen solid now and in need of help.

Nope. Sadly not.

The replacement fans were apparently given to a stranger who supposedly lives on the other side of the road, so I've yet to fully test out the new rig.

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber
love that 15 second Zoom call for another year of legal weed use.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Droogie posted:

My medical card was everything I wanted and more. Everyone in the industry was so nice and dispensaries just kept giving me free weed in addition to the like, 8 grams of flower and the concentrate vape I bought.

I was given so many prerolls and a chillum today.

The pace of free poo poo eventually slows down but then you start getting reward points and poo poo and it's basically the same. I loving love dispensary reward points for buying dumb poo poo or swag or just a handful of pre-rolls

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
My points get me a $30 discount every month or so.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
gently caress, I forgot to use my points yesterday.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

My points get me a $30 discount every month or so.

Reward points are how I keep my yardwork / housework wardrobe fresh. Also pre-rolls sometimes too.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i grow my own so i just award myself points when i smoke a lot of weed. i have nearly five hundred thousand points :smuggo:

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
i started taking Kratom 3 months ago and mentioned it in this thread and some goon did a "!remindme 3months" joke or whatever so i just thought i'd say that i'm still taking it, my dosage hasn't increased at all (15-20g a day) and i haven't encountered any downsides yet. haven't even had the common side effects like constipation, at all.

so i mean it is possibly to use Kratom and not immediately let it ruin your life

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
i can't remember how much in grams i used to take (i'm sure it varies by the source anyways) but i think by then i was already doing too much and feeling nauseous all the time. i guess if you can keep it under control that's fine but honestly i think daily use over time is not fantastic :shrug: i used to really like how it gave me energy so i could get poo poo done but now i just exercise and sleep better and drink coffee and it's fine

weed is definitely the drug for me if only that the worst that happens is i wake up and think 'oh god why did i eat all that ice cream'

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Mozi posted:

i can't remember how much in grams i used to take (i'm sure it varies by the source anyways) but i think by then i was already doing too much and feeling nauseous all the time. i guess if you can keep it under control that's fine but honestly i think daily use over time is not fantastic :shrug: i used to really like how it gave me energy so i could get poo poo done but now i just exercise and sleep better and drink coffee and it's fine

weed is definitely the drug for me if only that the worst that happens is i wake up and think 'oh god why did i eat all that ice cream'

oh it's certainly possible to overdo it. i've literally never felt nauseous from it though. i've never taken more than 6 grams at a time, and when i started i only took like 2 or 3 grams at a time. i never took a high enough dose to get "nausea followed by extreme euphoria".

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
that wasn't really how it felt for me - it seemed like daily use at whatever level it was at just led to an increasing feeling of being generally sick and nauseous that over time outweighed the positive effects. i'd be ok lying on the couch but if i needed to get in the car i'd be feeling terrible almost immediately. it was one of those things that built up over time and then once you stop you realize how awful it was. it's probably a good thing i never got into any actual opiates in my life

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Simone Magus posted:

i started taking Kratom 3 months ago and mentioned it in this thread and some goon did a "!remindme 3months" joke or whatever so i just thought i'd say that i'm still taking it, my dosage hasn't increased at all (15-20g a day) and i haven't encountered any downsides yet. haven't even had the common side effects like constipation, at all.

so i mean it is possibly to use Kratom and not immediately let it ruin your life

This is really the kind of thing that can happen quickly or slowly and won't really become obvious until there's already a problem. Lots of people seem to use kratom without it destroying their lives, but imo it's a bad idea to train your brain that it can stimulate its opioid receptors exogenously. There's a lot of bad poo poo down that road, and if you ever have a legitimate medical need for opioids in the future you'll want your doctor to be comfortable giving them to you, for them to work at the regular dose and for them to stay in their lane. Don't gently caress with opioids lightly imo. Just smoke weed

Tsar Mikey
Nov 30, 2005

When will then be now?

I've had a dose of the freaky ghost. I ain't 'fraid of no ghost

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

It amazes me to see people with clean desks. How do you do it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004