Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Ok for real whos your team
This poll is closed.
The Green Bay Packers 81 35.53%
The Chicago Bears 52 22.81%
The Minnesota Vikings 42 18.42%
The Detroit Lions 53 23.25%
Total: 228 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

mastershakeman posted:

Spiegel saying he just wants to protect fields from the bears organization
He's not wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the possibility of having a real-deal quarterback and the fact that they're handling as badly as possible has caused everyone to sever the mental barrier protecting bears fans from thinking they're the jets and everyone has gone completely insane. we need to bring back buffone so he and ob can get insanely drunk at an Elgin car dealership and scream themselves hoarse in order to make any sense of things.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
TO HELL WITH THE SUN

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

R.D. Mangles posted:

i wasn't living here during the Cutler years and Trestman era, but this is about as deranged as I've ever seen the Bears media.

I’m pretty sure Doug and OB were still around to watch a game with Pickles at QB, and come out of it saying he should start over Cutler because he wanted it more or some poo poo.

That was insane.

Also, I don’t remember when, but at some point one of them said, “Halas Hall needs an enema!”

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Dexo posted:

TO HELL WITH THE SUN

That's right blow it up

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

R.D. Mangles posted:

i wasn't living here during the Cutler years and Trestman era, but this is about as deranged as I've ever seen the Bears media.

It's honestly kind of nice that Nagy has stepped up his insanity to match the level of the news coverage. It was weird when people were like "WHAT THE HELL IS THIS GUY DOING NOT STARTING A ROOKIE CHICAGO BEARS QUARTERBACK RIGHT AWAY!" but now there's a nice balance between the press going "Matt Nagy is an unprecedented embarrassment!" and Nagy going "I shan't reveal to you whom shall be at the helm of my carefully crafted offense this week, lest I tip my hand and give mine opponent the advantage,"

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Who gives a d*mn about who the Bears are starting at QB? It's not like you have to make two or three different game plans, Nagy's running the exact same offense through all of them!!

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

xbilkis posted:

It's honestly kind of nice that Nagy has stepped up his insanity to match the level of the news coverage. It was weird when people were like "WHAT THE HELL IS THIS GUY DOING NOT STARTING A ROOKIE CHICAGO BEARS QUARTERBACK RIGHT AWAY!" but now there's a nice balance between the press going "Matt Nagy is an unprecedented embarrassment!" and Nagy going "I shan't reveal to you whom shall be at the helm of my carefully crafted offense this week, lest I tip my hand and give mine opponent the advantage,"

this is boylen poo poo

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

If my starting lineup ye wish to see, answer me these riddles three

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Cognac McCarthy posted:

lol

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

doing one of those memes with a crying nagy yelling "no!!! you can't make me reveal who is calling the plays or playing quarterback or it will tip my hand" and then a serenely smiling dan campbell happily gnawing on knees.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Matt Nagy at the podium, maintaining he can't say for sure who will be playing against the Lions on Sunday. That it could be one of four or five distinct teams

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

“How many QBs can dance on the head of a pin?” Nagy mused before leaving the press room, shaking his head for reasons that remain unclear

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Cognac McCarthy posted:

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

The starting QB is going to be Fields with Nick and Andey’s head sewn on to his shoulders.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

R.D. Mangles posted:

doing one of those memes with a crying nagy yelling "no!!! you can't make me reveal who is calling the plays or playing quarterback or it will tip my hand" and then a serenely smiling dan campbell happily gnawing on knees.

Paging Febreeze!

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Cognac McCarthy posted:

Nagy confirmed as Rumpelstiltskin

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Endless Trash posted:

“How many QBs can dance on the head of a pin?” Nagy mused before leaving the press room, shaking his head for reasons that remain unclear

Imagine 4 quarterbacks on the edge of a cliff

Playcalling works the same way

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Everybody get hype for the return of Bears Legend KYLE ORTON.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Lions are going to win.

Vikings are going to get poo poo housed at home. Skol.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Gonz posted:

Everybody get hype for the return of Bears Legend KYLE ORTON.

Orton would've won.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Apparently Fields is starting.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

...or is that what Matt Nagy wants you to think????

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1444437905808756738

Dalton is downgraded to doubtful

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Wow, how bad is Foles these days?! :lol:

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Orton would've won.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

As in "It's doubtful Andy Dalton wants to get behind that O Line ever again"

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

please don't hurt justin

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
It would be magical to see Foles start a game for the Bears this season. Even funnier if he plays his rear end off and wins the game.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

BGrifter posted:

It would be magical to see Foles start a game for the Bears this season. Even funnier if he plays his rear end off and wins the game.

Bears make playoffs with 7 seed and start foles against 2 seed bucs, win

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

I mean it'd be hard for Fields to look worse against the Lions than he did against the Browns.

*monkey's paw curls*

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

R.D. Mangles posted:

please don't hurt justin

how attached are you to his kneecaps

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

Did PR need to clean up after Nagy again?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

I mean it's probably just more a leak after they tested Dalton today.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
The Lions secondary is really bad, so as long as Justin Fields isn't a complete ghost out there, I imagine he'll be fine.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
Nagy getting fired on Monday, huh

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Nah.

No way Pace fires Nagy

Pace Firing Nagy is him setting his own boat on fire.

Pace would have to get fired before Nagy.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Dexo posted:

Nah.

No way Pace fires Nagy

Pace Firing Nagy is him setting his own boat on fire.

Pace would have to get fired before Nagy.

put them both in a boat and abandon it in the middle of Lake Michigan

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

R.D. Mangles posted:

put them both in a boat and abandon it in the middle of Lake Michigan

"Love the fire and the passion. Thanks for the call

And next upon the line is Ernie from Skokie, what are your thoughts on the current Bears brain trust?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Following up that Browns game with losing to this Lions team at home should be fired-on-Sunday-afternoon territory, but the things that should happen aren't always the things that happen.