Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

muscles like this! posted:

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1443317207753281536
Timmy Kirk of Village of the Giants and Catalina Caper has died.

Thank you Tommy Kirk, for making us laugh about love…again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
His epitaph should read "Dig you later"

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Another pedophile bites the dust.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Jose Oquendo posted:

Another pedophile bites the dust.

Wait, what’s this now?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Larryb posted:

Wait, what’s this now?

You ever wonder how he went from one of Disney's top stars to doing AIP films?

At the age of 21 he had a relationship with a 15 year old boy. The mom found out and informed Disney. No one pressed charges. Instead Disney chose not to renew his contract, not necessarily because it was with an underage boy, but because they couldn't keep the lid on his being gay.

edit: I'm sure he had a lovely youth, having to be in Hollywood hiding who he was. He also had a drug problem. But yeah, can't really excuse the whole being with a 15 year old thing.

Still, he was a very talented young actor. RIP.

Jose Oquendo fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Sep 30, 2021

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Jose Oquendo posted:

You ever wonder how he went from one of Disney's top stars to doing AIP films?

At the age of 21 he had a relationship with a 15 year old boy. The mom found out and informed Disney. No one pressed charges. Instead Disney chose not to renew his contract, not necessarily because it was with an underage boy, but because they couldn't keep the lid on his being gay.

Yeah, considering the stuff they've carefully swept under the rug over the years, I have a feeling they didn't give a poo poo about the 15 year old part and instead gave a whole lot of a poo poo about the boy part.

And this is not to defend a practising paedophile in any way. Just feels like Disney being massive hypocrites.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Yeah, if they weren’t then James Woods probably wouldn’t still have a career with them.

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

have they really never done Robot Jox?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Bootleg Trunks posted:

have they really never done Robot Jox?

Way too good a movie- and way too recent

What prompted that though?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Got my VIP ticket to the Time Bubble Tour.

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Burkion posted:

I just watched it tonight and thought it felt like something they'd have done

and its "sequel" Crash and Burn which was barely related

Bootleg Trunks fucked around with this message at 08:24 on Oct 2, 2021

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Bootleg Trunks posted:

I just watched it tonight and thought it felt like something they'd have done

and its "sequel" Crash and Burn which was barely related

They are doing Robot Wars from the same studio but it too is unrelated aside from mech fights in the post-apocalypse.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Angry_Ed posted:

They are doing Robot Wars from the same studio but it too is unrelated aside from mech fights in the post-apocalypse.

Do we have a list of movies they're tackling?

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

So I don't know how many of you watch the MST3k 24/7 channel (I watch it on Twitch), but occasionally there's a bumper for it, linked below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHF87uNZE8s

There's a line I'm trying to figure out the context of. Can anyone help me figure it out?

"Just how fun are these quote-unquote 'toys'? These may be playthings, but we're not playing around!"

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

Morter posted:

There's a line I'm trying to figure out the context of. Can anyone help me figure it out?

"Just how fun are these quote-unquote 'toys'? These may be playthings, but we're not playing around!"

It’s from a host segment in The Christmas That Almost Wasn’t where they review the type of old toys that Santa is always depicted as making.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Diabolik900 posted:

It’s from a host segment in The Christmas That Almost Wasn’t where they review the type of old toys that Santa is always depicted as making.

Oh, gotcha. Thanks for the quick answer!

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Burkion posted:

Do we have a list of movies they're tackling?

No, they haven’t announced any of the films in the next season yet.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Nemo2342 posted:

No, they haven’t announced any of the films in the next season yet.

They’ve announced at least three: Robot Wars, Demon Squad and Gamera vs Jiger.

Spoilered just in case anyone doesn’t want to know.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They've only completed locked down all the movies they're going to do like two months ago.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

I know of one short, and no ones going to guess it and its one of those old public service videos about agriculture. If they are all this low key im thrilled. Gimme all the "hired" vibe stuff you can get.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I want an MST3K episode where it's just shorts. The Mads just tell Jonah/Emily/Whoever "we were going to send you [movie] but they sent us the wrong film cans, so you're gonna have to watch whatever's on 'em."

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

A episode of just fmv video game cinematic masterpieces

SolarFire2
Oct 16, 2001

"You're awefully cute, but unfortunately for you, you're made of meat." - Meat And Sarcasm Guy!

Burkion posted:

Too recent? It's six years older than Werewolf!

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

SolarFire2 posted:

Too recent? It's six years older than Werewolf!

You know for whatever reason I was just thinking of the Joel era

Not really sure why

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Junkie Disease posted:

A episode of just fmv video game cinematic masterpieces

It would be kind of funny for one of the crew to, like, play Night Trap but I'm not sure how it would work.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The problem with Night Trap specifically as a game is that to play it properly means you're missing out on all the actual story. You're trying to stop the bad guys from kidnapping people which means looking at video feeds other than the ones where the story is happening.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

muscles like this! posted:

The problem with Night Trap specifically as a game is that to play it properly means you're missing out on all the actual story. You're trying to stop the bad guys from kidnapping people which means looking at video feeds other than the ones where the story is happening.

I feel like you could do some kind of modern version of this where you can multitask and see both the story and stop the bad guys- seems like something perfect for the Switch

but also I want someone to make a new Night Trap

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Pictured: The Wolf Of Gubbio (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I want an MST3K episode where it's just shorts. The Mads just tell Jonah/Emily/Whoever "we were going to send you [movie] but they sent us the wrong film cans, so you're gonna have to watch whatever's on 'em."

Mystery Science Theater 3000: Black Spine Edition

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

I'm not original on this but here
https://youtu.be/WV8RAd1lPJQ
I just love amiga-psx era game cinematics

Doctor Skeleton
Nov 15, 2003

Well I found the scene that has cured my depression https://youtu.be/Jyve1U-gQ3I

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Sweatpants Baby posted:

Well I found the scene that has cured my depression https://youtu.be/Jyve1U-gQ3I

I feel the same way about the Zucchini/Throw Pillows host segment in Giant Spider Invasion. I don't know why but even knowing every punchline, it's executed so well.

"They're throw pillows, they're throw pillows"

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Junkie Disease posted:

I'm not original on this but here
https://youtu.be/WV8RAd1lPJQ
I just love amiga-psx era game cinematics

This explains the Parappa the Rappa joke in one episode.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
slaps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTxJG-wvMWY

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Sweatpants Baby posted:

I love how Torgo deflates it at the end of the episode.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Tickets for my local live show finally went on sale today and may I just say, for the record, gently caress TicketMaster. They do everything in their power to prevent you from actually, you know, buying tickets. And then when you finally manage it, they do everything in their power to keep you from actually getting the stupid QR code that lets you into the theater. I understand they have to try to combat scalper-bots, but come ON, people.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

New season starts filming next week!

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Where's my classic downloads Joel?
Joel! Where are they?!

Jk im stoked for more behind the scenes

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I imagine the classic episode stuff will go up once the actual Gizmoplex site goes live.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
I'm the emir of Kuwait.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Been watching through the Netflix episodes again and just finished Starcrash tonight.

wtf even was that movie, it wasn't even nonsensical, it was anti-sensical. On paper, as a flamboyantly bad movie, it seems like it should be a shoo-in for an all time great episode, but it's too ridiculous to even be worth riffing on. You can't keep up with it, you almost have to just stand back and let it do its thing and stare in amazement.