Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

That's not being fair you dipshit. Your car became a danger to yourself and others in the middle of the highway. You spent 42 thousand American dollars (I don't care what model you have or if it's the 42,069 priced one) for this privledge. Your car is a lemon and you're a loving rube.

E: Lol, no you're not on the bleeding edge of technology, you're in the middle of a highway. (Although the bleeding is not for the car's lack of trying.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
how did that ancient windows 95 joke go

"if our cars crashed as often as our computers we would all be dead by now"

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Rutibex posted:

covering an area in microchips is a good way to make sure its contaminated

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

https://twitter.com/TeenageStepdad/status/1440775223096139776?s=20

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

drat that's the best worst thing I've ever seen

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

ymgve posted:

I wonder if there are some SNPs that are common between humans and dogs and the company just said "gently caress it, give a report with what we got". Though they don't seem to give the raw data results for download, so no way to check how broken the sequencing became. They might just fabricate everything for all we know.
Someone gets paid minimum wage to wear a labcoat, scan a few QR codes, stick the sample into a machine that costs a few million dollars, and move on to the next.
There's a good reason the paper is about aerodynamics and doesn't even attempt to touch the subject of how it would be technically possible to read data from so many devices at a distance.
Unless you're using ancient paint doped with radium, there's no way this can even come close to the environmental damage that the obsession with lawns has done to local ecosystems and to watershed areas.

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?
https://twitter.com/neighbours_wifi/status/1440006486139281412

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

:catstare:

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

Milo and POTUS posted:

What's a larsen localizer

A rogue AI hellbent on translating The Far Side into every language that ever existed

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Big Mad Drongo posted:

A rogue AI hellbent on translating The Far Side into every language that ever existed

first one to make me lol

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/redfishstream/status/1442157263616188417
:3:

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Looks dumb as poo poo but I like the Tachikoma voice

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
Of course Park Slope. Of course.

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAshKROIjtQ

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
edit: old

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2021/09/google-maps-tracks-global-warming-with-new-fire-layer-tree-canopy-tool/

quote:

Google Maps is getting a few new features to help people better understand our burning planet. The first is a new "fire" layer in the main map view, which will let you view the exact boundaries of a wildfire just as easily as you can look up the current traffic patterns. Google has done fire information before as part of the "crisis response" website, but with climate change making "Fire Season" a yearly occurrence in dry areas like Australia and the Western US, wildfires will now be a top-level Maps feature.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Big Mad Drongo posted:

Hal stop translating cow tools into esperanto

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

christmas boots posted:

gently caress you, Dave.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

christmas boots posted:

Mi bedaŭras Dave, mi timas, ke Esperanto fakte estas vere grava lingva pens-eksperimento kaj krome ...

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

https://twitter.com/FoldableHuman/status/1443435253377355779?s=19

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?
Secret military aircraft possibly exposed on TikTok.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
https://twitter.com/grandpayiff/status/1443660439548801034

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 213 days!

my fursona at this point is just me after being too lazy to shave for a week

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Anyone have that clip of the Tesla trying to murder some pedestrians in Seattle? It was going around a couple weeks ago.

e: nevermind that was surprisingly easy to find. original tweet:
https://twitter.com/taylorogan/status/1438141148816609285

rehost:
https://twitter.com/k_pendergrast/status/1438545080193720345

Elysiume has issued a correction as of 02:51 on Oct 1, 2021

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer
not quite ready for the death race

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Looking at a house which has had foundation repairs and the following disclosure:

quote:

ln 2016 we installed an impressed cathodic corrosion protection system at your home to stop
the corrosion and expansion of the embedded reinforcing steel in your foundation walls. The
system was manufactured and sold to you by Cor Pro and they continue to monitor it through a
WiFi connection.
The system utilizes an embedded titanium anode ribbon along the top and
bottom of your foundation walls which is electrically charged. The reinforcing steel was all
made to be electrically continuous by welding metal bars across the reinforcing steel, using
wire jumpers at the comers, and using wire jumpers in places were the steel was not
continuous. The system was then connected to the system ground.
Uhhh...why is my home's foundation connected to the internet of poo poo? Are they trying to broadcast a wifi signal through concrete??

Also, this was a PDF with selectable text. It clearly was written by scanning a paper. For fun here's what the computer thinks the letter says:

quote:

ln 2016 ws installed an impresssd cathodic conosion protection slrstem at your home to stop
the conosion and expansion of the embedded reinforcing stoel in your foundation walls. The
system was manufactured and sold to you by Cor Pro and they continue to monitor it through a
WiFi conneclion. Tho slrstem utilizes an embedded titanium anods ribbon along ths top and
boftom of your foundation walls which is electrically charged. The reinforcing steel w8s all
made to be electrically continuous by welding rnetal bars across the reinforcing steel, using
wire jumpers at the comers, and using wiro iumpors in placos were tha steel was not
continuous. The sts6l was lhgn @nnec'ted to the system ground.

HootTheOwl has issued a correction as of 04:35 on Oct 2, 2021

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Very Fallout 3 computer terminal chronicling the demise of the compound you're looting.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Impressed voltage cathodic protection has legitimate uses, but run away if they’re doing it to a house and monitoring it via wifi.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
Goons will just leave you to die of the nanoplague if you don't have Cor Pro.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

endlessmonotony posted:

Goons will just leave you to die of the nanoplague if you don't have Cor Pro.

Anyone who doesn't bring cor pro isn't a real goon.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
DE may have nerfed its effectiveness, but Corrosive Projection is still the best aura mod to equip to your Warframe for most mission types because even non-Grineer tilesets can have armored enemies, like Infested Juggernauts or certain varieties of Corpus MOAs.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Screaming Idiot posted:

DE may have nerfed its effectiveness, but Corrosive Projection is still the best aura mod to equip to your Warframe for most mission types because even non-Grineer tilesets can have armored enemies, like Infested Juggernauts or certain varieties of Corpus MOAs.

that’s a weird way to spell fulmin

e: gently caress you, now I’m going to fire up warframe

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

The Lone Badger posted:

Anyone who doesn't bring cor pro isn't a real goon.

it's been literally years and i'm still mad about all the saryns with steel charge i've seen. It's not even default polarity and saryn's not that good at melee you rear end in a top hat!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

1.5/hr.... Tell me your parents are rich without telling me your parents are rich

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Imagine having your life siphoned so hard you become a bitcoiner! This is truly a modern masterwork of horror

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Colonel Cancer posted:

Imagine having your life siphoned so hard you become a bitcoiner! This is truly a modern masterwork of horror

how can you siphon something that wasn’t there in the first place

The Cut of Your Jib
Apr 24, 2007

you don't find a style

a style finds you

they're just not living their true selves yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
second life already exists and you can display any jpegs