Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Lister posted:

I just saw a guy who starting playing today post on another forum saying he figured he would just join whatever the dominate faction is on his server. That got me thinking and I can't imagine anyone who starts playing after the first 3 - 6 weeks not just doing that. I don't know the mechanics perfectly, but I don't see how new players in the future wouldn't just pick the winning side that's easiest to deal with. I guess it would be like WoW in battlegrounds where the dominate guys have super long queues to pvp so maybe that's a deterrent?

Is there a come-back-from-behind bonus for losing factions if there's a big deficit in land mass? Is there a mechanic that makes having a large number of territories increasingly expensive and hard to manage?

lol no, there are zero mechanics in-place to stop a faction from just owning everything.

Also, is there room in SFD? I am on the same server but just in some rando guild right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

Coeurl Marx posted:

I think the issue is not slurs being thrown around constantly, I've only seen two instances of it (different slurs, but both from the same dude.) I won't speak for the other person who brought it up, but for me at least it's just seeing this guy get called on his lovely behavior, and then just doubling down on it and literally talking about "delicious tears" and poo poo. And, at least as far as we know, nothing happened to him for being a shitter. Personally I get enough bigoted shitheads in my real day to day, having to be reminded of them by people I share an online leisure activity with is just not something I care to deal with.

When something like that happens in our server, we take it to back channels and discuss or reprimand there. We don't advertise it, because we don't like drama in a server we all come to play and have fun.

If that is not enough for you, there is a door, you can take it and go play somewhere else that better-cater to you and your awful opinions.

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

Dead Like Rev posted:

I mean Tempus Thales literally being a part of that whole WTT crowd party plane Jones self immolated himself over and no one said poo poo about it. (He has his own wiki entry with WTT about all the Doxxing he does with that crowd lmao) but then he’s constantly making little nazi jokes and when called on it “Uhh uhhh I’m not a nazi I swear!” But then keeps doing it, and keeps bitching and moaning about how goons aren’t real goons unless it’s early 2000 goons when throwing slurs and doxxing was all the rage. Watching a goon pal play lost oasis and they were camping some nerds in their little mobile base and Tempus shows up and starts chucking some poison gas bombs at it and makes an aushwitz joke. Took a screen shot of that one. Sarcastically not a nazi. But hey I hear Starfleet Dental is recruiting players for US West!

Man your butthurt is now double the size of Goatse's rear end in a top hat and that just brings me joy, every time you have to come up with some new bullshit lie or story because you think this somehow hurts me, but when you do this, I just grab the popcorn and while everybody else just enjoys you going down your own imagination on things that have never happened.

Your salt, is my joy. You need to try harder though, because this doesnt make a dent in my poo poo-o-meter... that's why you are banned from 99% of the servers. o7

PS. I eradicated WTT from Something Awful Discord back in the day and have banned all of their members, I have been doxxed (keep trying), harassed, threatened, death threatened, and I am still here, and will continue to be here, if only to just annoy you or anyone else that doesnt like me. Please if you have hard evidence that I am a racist, please publish it. You wont find anything unless you doctor it... same with the nazi stuff. Go for it, go nuts and prove me wrong... I dont really care what you have to say about me, because the more time you do, the more time you waste on not doing anything else.

<3

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Tempus Thales posted:

Man your butthurt is now double the size of Goatse's rear end in a top hat and that just brings me joy, every time you have to come up with some new bullshit lie or story because you think this somehow hurts me, but when you do this, I just grab the popcorn and while everybody else just enjoys you going down your own imagination on things that have never happened.

Your salt, is my joy. You need to try harder though, because this doesnt make a dent in my poo poo-o-meter... that's why you are banned from 99% of the servers. o7

PS. I eradicated WTT from Something Awful Discord back in the day and have banned all of their members, I have been doxxed (keep trying), harassed, threatened, death threatened, and I am still here, and will continue to be here, if only to just annoy you or anyone else that doesnt like me. Please if you have hard evidence that I am a racist, please publish it. You wont find anything unless you doctor it... same with the nazi stuff. Go for it, go nuts and prove me wrong... I dont really care what you have to say about me, because the more time you do, the more time you waste on not doing anything else.

<3

Ah, yes, a totally normal post.

Into The Mild
Mar 4, 2003

Tempus Thales posted:

<3

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
when you banned WTT, I assume you banned yourself?

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Tempus Thales posted:

<3

This you?

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

Lister posted:

I just saw a guy who starting playing today post on another forum saying he figured he would just join whatever the dominate faction is on his server. That got me thinking and I can't imagine anyone who starts playing after the first 3 - 6 weeks not just doing that. I don't know the mechanics perfectly, but I don't see how new players in the future wouldn't just pick the winning side that's easiest to deal with. I guess it would be like WoW in battlegrounds where the dominate guys have super long queues to pvp so maybe that's a deterrent?

Is there a come-back-from-behind bonus for losing factions if there's a big deficit in land mass? Is there a mechanic that makes having a large number of territories increasingly expensive and hard to manage?

I have some concern around this with transfers - I think you’re going to see a lot of people who are not on their servers dominant faction transferring off with hopes that they can either faction swap or that their faction will be more in control on a new server (hint: it won’t, purple seems to be universally the bandwagon faction)

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Remember when everyone told your "totally not a nazi any more" friend Kimsemus turned out to actually still be a nazi and you refused to believe it for a while despite a bunch of evidence?
Or when you were shown evidence that members of your discord were being lovely racists and transphobes and your response was not to immediately ban them, but ask a trans woman and the accused bigot to sit down and have a conversation in a private channel with you?

Also:

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

"The dead walk among us."

Hy_C posted:

This you?

Lmao I was legit going to my PC to post it. That was last year.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

he might not remember it, but thats ok he can consult the GDN database that probably-kimsemus posted a whole lot of lurid details about the inner workings of last year

edit: I was personally surprised to learn that Kale was in on it from the start

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

Ad by Khad posted:

he might not remember it, but thats ok he can consult the GDN database that probably-kimsemus posted a whole lot of lurid details about the inner workings of last year

edit: I was personally surprised to learn that Kale was in on it from the start

There’s a whole convo from earlier this year over on kiwi farms about the behind the scenes that was likely Kimsemus on a throwaway posting exactly what GDN was doing. Someone screen capped it and sent it my way and lmao if it’s actually Kimsemus dude is butthurt.

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Rhetorical questions only
Fun Shoe
Is there a reddit company for this game?

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

GoGoGadget posted:

Anyone have any experience tanking? I was thinking of trying Sword/Hammer, but it really sucks not having any ranged option when you get quests to kill animals that run away like Elk and Bison...

I'm doing 2 CON/1 STR per level, heavy armor tank. Sword/hammer for maximum taunt/mitigation. loving with spear/hatchet in open world content. I've just decided to give up on hunting running animals that don't die in one hit and focus on farming animals that will stand and fight me instead. You can sometimes gently caress them up with a ranged hatchet chain but a lot of times they'll just get away.

e: I really like spear. Getting 30% rupture, having a sweep and a stun, and having really low cooldowns from light attack spam makes it feel really useful for someone who's not all in on damage. You can slap the rupture on then switch to hatchet and berserk for even more damage. Great for roaming around the open world grinding mob after mob.

Diephoon fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Oct 2, 2021

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Hy_C posted:

This you?

Posting this doesn't matter. He will either double down or disappear from this thread.

Dude should be banned for being a piece of poo poo though. He also clearly has mental issues.

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

Not a racist and in charge of a goon group that has officers throwing around slurs.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Tempus Thales posted:

<3

nice meltdown

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

Zotix posted:

Posting this doesn't matter. He will either double down or disappear from this thread.

Dude should be banned for being a piece of poo poo though. He also clearly has mental issues.

As was just said he’ll nope outta this thread where he’s been called out for his bullshit and run off to LOL FIRST IM IN CHARGE NOW in another game. Or toxically try to force his way into being in charge in another game cause LOOK GDN GDN I GIVE GDN and when he’s told no he’ll try to split the community that’s established because again, he MUST be in charge. He’s done this crap in so many games now it’s unreal and folks have let him time and time again.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Zotix posted:

There are so many creepy things about that person that it's kinda hard to encapsulate it all lol.

CLAM DOWN posted:

nice meltdown

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Tempus Thales posted:

<3

wow this really is like an early 2000s MMO

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
well its now officially an mmo thread i suppose

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

eonwe posted:

This is what I was waiting for all along, the true goon launch experience begins a few days after.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

eonwe posted:

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.
There are like 3 companies on that USEast server, no reason to have them all under the same “leadership”. SFD was always a chill friendly place in GW2 but if USEast is where you want to be, just do something about it. Probably plenty of people who would follow suit.

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

Third World Reagan posted:

I know it is rough, but man oh man is this recurring in a lot of games. I miss the wool incident.

quick question was this always your username or did you change it from something else

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

eonwe posted:

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

eonwe posted:

I was about to post the same thing.

In such and inconstant world, it feels nice to see that some things never change :agesilaus:

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

eonwe posted:

nice

Orv
May 4, 2011
Fishing pact 2021

Seriously no though ban TT.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

causticBeet posted:

(hint: it won’t, purple seems to be universally the bandwagon faction)

God I wish purple did something on the server I rolled. We have 3, yellow has one, 4 left unclaimed, green the rest. A company bought MB day 1 and raised the taxes and that tore purple apart because "HOW DARE THEY"

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Lister posted:

But if you're the big faction wouldn't you be able to field the numbers to defend things? Or is there like a lockout on how many 50v50 war battles you can join in a week? I think I saw that losing a war means that bastion defense upgrades get downgraded, so I can see how maybe it would be too expensive to keep everything upgraded all the time and you'd be in too weak a position to defend it well. But I don't think anyone knows yet exactly how necessary the upgrades are to winning those wars, right?

I imagine that'll probably be an issue in a few months but until then even if they can field ~150 people to defend multiple zones, they're not going to be able to pile all their best players into one fight unless they just want to surrender other areas.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
So if you’re going life staff/hatchet, you still put most points into focus? Do you put anything in int or strength?

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

Orv posted:

Fishing pact 2021

Seriously no though ban TT.

Lol this.

Edit: can’t wait for him, him in disguise, or some flunky of his to come at me in another game screaming “LEAVE TT ALONE” while threatening to doxx me. That’s been wild and hilarious.

COINCEL PRO
Mar 18, 2019

Coeurl Marx posted:

I mean, there was a big discussion around it in discord, I doubt nobody who matters saw it. Some guy got asked not to say 'retarded', and instead of just being chill he pulled the typical 'ooh triggered, your tears are so delicious' bullshit. I don't even get that worked up over that particular slur, but what a loving hill to die on lmao.

Maybe I've just been spoiled by mostly only ever playing with FF and wushu goons, the couple of times I've dipped my toes into other groups it always winds up being a weird blast from the past, in a bad way. If this is some recurring theme I wish I'd known, I'd probably have just saved myself $40.

Anita Dickinme posted:

Could you instead tell us what slurs have been said and who said them? Bringing this up to other guild leaders would be a lot more beneficial to all of us instead of just posting about it for attention so we can get this sorted.

Tempus Thales posted:

There are no guild officers who throw slurs because that is against the rules in our server. Either way good luck in your search.

Lumbering Troll / Tandon Erro in discord, happened exactly as Coeurl mentioned, dude was asked politely to stop saying 'retarded', acted lovely and trying to double down on it. If you say that they got warned to knock it off great and thank you, if they didn't that's lovely IMO.

In terms of drama this is v minor but eh could we not use that word? SA as a whole has moved past it.

Cithen
Mar 6, 2002

Pillbug
I played this game for a few hours last night and had fun.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
I’m personally enjoying this goon mmo drama but I do have to do my job and ask that you all leave the discord poop on discord. I can’t action on anything here based on screenshots from other platforms. If you’re in a group that’s slurring it up like goonswarm circa 2010, find a new guild ASAP.

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

"15,000 hours of Diablo II isn't that much, dweeb."

Is the goon guild eating itself yet? Maybe I should play...

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

eonwe posted:

Yup, not even a week after launch too!

:munch:

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

GET INTO DA CHOPPA posted:

Hey guys. Wu Tang Company on Zerzura EU is up and running. Around 20 members last time I checked, and we're all equally bad at video games. Come join us as Covenant.

https://discord.gg/pFJezJ8NMd

New post, since I added a permanent discord invite.

would be great to have this in the op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Demon Of The Fall posted:

So if you’re going life staff/hatchet, you still put most points into focus? Do you put anything in int or strength?

From what I understood all focus, there is a gem you can slot into the hatchet so that it scales with focus