Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Carvana is buying used Tacomas at prices higher than new MSRP lol

I bought 3 cars with Costco auto program and sold one through Carvana and highly recommend both companies if you want a solid dollar to hassle ratio.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Douche4Sale posted:

Auto as in automobile. It's $1k towards a Chevrolet through the Costco auto program.

Oh I’m an idiot who misread. I thought you meant you got an unsolicited “Here’s $1000 credit to use Costco Auto!” on top of whatever you got when using it.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

FogHelmut posted:

Holy cow almost all of the groceries went up 33%.

But I guess there's this?

where's walco

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Lutha Mahtin posted:

where's walco

At Costdo...

cat_herder
Mar 17, 2010

BE GAY
DO CRIME

does anyone else have the women's Khombu all-season boots? my current shoes are more for summer and also wearing out. I tried on the Khombus and found that there's a big gap between my ankle and the boot. I live at 5300' (with occasional excursions to 7500') so winters get pretty cold and sometimes snowy; I don't want to get something that's just gonna let a ton of cold air in.

I'd consider the men's instead, but they don't come in a size smaller than 8.

Fig. 1 displaying the gap.

cat_herder fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Oct 2, 2021

Hutla
Jun 5, 2004

It's mechanical
Do you not tuck your pants into the boot when you go outside?

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

fizzymercury posted:

The business is bad enough I was offered an embarrassing amount of cash for my beloved but horrifically abused 2011 Tacoma. Things cannot possibly be good if someone is willing to buy Monica.

I bought a 2012 Sonata last november and in mid janurary carmax was offering to buy it back for 120% poo poo is cray cray right now (I also work in a car parts factory poo poo is cray cray right now)

cat_herder
Mar 17, 2010

BE GAY
DO CRIME

Hutla posted:

Do you not tuck your pants into the boot when you go outside?

no? I didn't know I was supposed to. I usually just wear bootcut jeans that cover the ankle and very top of my shoes.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Went back to the Costco today to buy a car battery.

When did Costco start selling ice?

Russian Dollies
Jun 25, 2006

Basically... RUN.

cat_herder posted:

does anyone else have the women's Khombu all-season boots? my current shoes are more for summer and also wearing out. I tried on the Khombus and found that there's a big gap between my ankle and the boot. I live at 5300' (with occasional excursions to 7500') so winters get pretty cold and sometimes snowy; I don't want to get something that's just gonna let a ton of cold air in.

I'd consider the men's instead, but they don't come in a size smaller than 8.

Fig. 1 displaying the gap.

I bought these a couple years back but in brown. I live in CO and they stay pretty warm for basic outings, but I wouldn't go hiking in deep winter with them.

Edit: Also the zipper gets a bit fiddly over time. Not a huge deal as I can slip them on otherwise, but something to keep in mind. They're still going strong though.

Russian Dollies fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Oct 3, 2021

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

FogHelmut posted:

Ice machine down after the checkout lanes, opposite direction from the checkout door and across from the restrooms. I think secret employee stairs and break area are back there.
Best deal on 20 lbs. of ice anywhere.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

cat_herder posted:

no? I didn't know I was supposed to. I usually just wear bootcut jeans that cover the ankle and very top of my shoes.

I think in general women are expected to tuck their pants into their boots and men aren't. I call it shotgunning.

Costco ice is a good deal, just don't forget it every drat time because you don't see it like I do. What is it, like three bucks for twenty pounds? Great deal.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

StormDrain posted:

I think in general women are expected to tuck their pants into their boots and men aren't. I call it shotgunning.

Costco ice is a good deal, just don't forget it every drat time because you don't see it like I do. What is it, like three bucks for twenty pounds? Great deal.

They should set up a register kiosk next to the ice cooler so you can more easily buy the bag you forgot on the way out. I think I've had to turn around to buy a single bag of ice at least 5 times. I should really put a label on my card that just says BUY ICE so I'm reminded every time I check out.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

FogHelmut posted:

The one by my parents has for a few years. $2 for 20 lbs. even to this day.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Ultimate Mango posted:

Ice machine down after the checkout lanes, opposite direction from the checkout door and across from the restrooms. I think secret employee stairs and break area are back there.
Best deal on 20 lbs. of ice anywhere.

lol if you pay for ice

just get plastic bag and fill it with free stuff from the seafood aisle

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Alan Smithee posted:

lol if you pay for ice

just get plastic bag and fill it with free stuff from the seafood aisle

Your Costco has a seafood section and it has ice?

I mean sure I could put the $250 box of frozen king crab legs in a bag…

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
The gently caress you guys doing with all this ice??

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Nooner posted:

doin cool stuff

not like youd know about that

:grin::blastu:

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Chinatown posted:

doin cool stuff

not like youd know about that

:grin::blastu:

Binch you think i dont know about beeing cool????

This is me IRL

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Nooner posted:

putting my rear end on it

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Nooner posted:

Binch you think i dont know about beeing cool????

This is me IRL

whats cooler than bein cool? ICE COLD!!

haha man highschool dances sucked though (for me because i was TOO COOL for em (im still a self-loathing nerd))

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Ok, what's the deal with the giant teddy bears?

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
They're like the jamon, you don't need it, it's too big, it costs too much and you won't really know where to put it. But they're neato anyway.

I'd get one today if knew how to fit it in my car.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Nooner posted:

Camping. Tailgating. Keeping specimens cold. Making cocktails at my masquerade parties. Soothing aches and pains.

Normal stuff.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Nooner posted:

I'm a Universal Soldier bitch

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
https://www.costco.com/kirkland-signature-unisex-logo-sweatshirt.product.100694759.html

Kirkland Signature logo sweatshirt is back. It's a super nice sweatshirt but I'm super glad I bought a size up. Perfect for grabbing a hot dog at the food court

Geodude
Mar 21, 2004

Geodude used Reply to Thread! It's super effective!
Anyone have pros/cons to the Keurig that's currently on sale?

Keurig K-Supreme Plus C Single Serve Coffee Maker, with 15 K-Cup Pods

https://www.costco.com/keurig-k-supreme-plus-c-single-serve-coffee-maker%2c-with-15-k-cup-pods.product.100675784.html

We're in the market for one and the price is right.

Also I've gotten reports from family that majority of the Bay Area Costco's are out of toilet paper.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

bagmonkey posted:

https://www.costco.com/kirkland-signature-unisex-logo-sweatshirt.product.100694759.html

Kirkland Signature logo sweatshirt is back. It's a super nice sweatshirt but I'm super glad I bought a size up. Perfect for grabbing a hot dog at the food court

Dang, I need a black one though to hide all the pizza stains

chainchompz
Jul 15, 2021

bark bark

fizzymercury posted:

They're like the jamon, you don't need it, it's too big, it costs too much and you won't really know where to put it. But they're neato anyway.

I'd get one today if knew how to fit it in my car.

Passenger seat for driving in the carpool lane, duh.

BadSamaritan
May 2, 2008

crumb by crumb in this big black forest

Forgot I bought tp on the previous Costco run so now we’re extremely all set on tp :smug:

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

I bought the 1000 piece Costco puzzle today. PBUC

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Ok, what's the deal with the giant teddy bears?

Camping. Tailgating. Keeping specimens cold. Making cocktails at my masquerade parties. Soothing aches and pains.

Normal stuff.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
I put the bears on ice. So they stay good until winter

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Anyone have any experience with the dual fuel Firman inverter generator on the website? Debating on getting a generator soonish to make sure I have power for my sump pump (and maybe fridge) if the power goes out for an extended timeframe. Dual fuel would be nice, as I have a spare LP tank for my grill around, so I don’t have to worry about keeping gas fresh. $200 seems like a reasonable discount.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

Geodude posted:

https://www.costco.com/keurig-k-supreme-plus-c-single-serve-coffee-maker%2c-with-15-k-cup-pods.product.100675784.html

Also I've gotten reports from family that majority of the Bay Area Costco's are out of toilet paper.

Pros are it's near on coffee ready the instant you want it

cons are the company has a history of trying drm on coffee, the things awful for environment, the original creator regrets making it, and if you drink more than 1 cup of coffee a day it's no where near economical for serial coffee drinkers

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

TP and Paper Towels were completely cleared out today.
:rip:

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Geodude posted:

Got one for the office but would never have one at home. Works good aside from ethical and environmental issues of K-Cups. If you can, get San Francisco Bay kcups as they're far more biodegradable

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

poisonpill posted:

TP and Paper Towels were completely cleared out today.
:rip:

There's been no TP at my local church the last couple time's I've been, but there was plenty at the local grocery store. So I dunno what's goin' on.

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
even instant coffee blows keurig brewed coffee out of the water. its a grift

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Can't you buy reusable metal filters for Keurigs now?